Why We Should All Ignore Gucci Mane’s Plea For Attention

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
102 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
11401 pageviews
102 comments

SM 38189 heat pts38189
space
space
$127,976 | Props total: 67573 67573
Why We Should All Ignore Gucci Mane’s Plea For Attention

A Sunday morning conversation between Gotty and I opened both of our eyes to the reality of a situation the two of us have helped instigate in our own separate ways. Jeezy actually shouldn’t respond to Gucci Mane. In fact, he’s played this situation almost exactly the way he should.

Harking back to Gucci’s “Truth” for a moment, the most revealing quote comes when La Flare venomously boasts, “This the type of sh-t that got Biggie and Tupac k!lled.” Such a logic stands as the sole reason asking the parties involved in this long-running (but seldom-discussed) beef to keep animosity on wax is as farfetched as it is unintentionally hypocritical.

No one’s blind to the fact that Gucci’s making a push towards 10/17 and Trap God‘s debut on WorldStarsh-tHop’s new mixtape site. For the past few weeks he’s shown flashes of his old self, but his stay at the top of rap’s heap was cut short by run-ins with the law that ultimately led to other artists taking their positions as lords of the trap and all things ratchet. Even his once second-in-command Waka has had a more sustainable career than Gucci. At this point it’ll take a miracle or a string of hits for him to regain the relevance he once had in 2008 and 2009. Since neither one seems to be in the forecast, La Flare’s firing up the grill in hopes everyone looks his way.

Even more surprising is the fact Gucci’s spending this much energy and attention on a project being released for free. But what needs to be remembered is what’s at stake. Young’s a legitimate draw in rap. He’s also an executive now. T.I. – whom Gucci recently recorded one of his better records, “Plain Jane (Remix),” with – would be a fool to entertain such tomfoolery knowing his own track record with the law, even as Gucci throws unprovoked shots his direction. Meanwhile, Radric’s continuing to live off this mantra of being his own mob boss in the streets of Atlanta – a mob boss with a big-ass ice cream cone planted on his face and an album with V-nasty in his discography.

I’ll spend about as much time addressing Alley Boy as Jeezy should because fact of the matter is he’s failed to make much headway outside of the Atlanta airwaves. To quote Nas, Alley’s really painted himself as a “pop sh-t and apologize” MC and the sad thing is Jeezy gave the guy one of his best looks by hopping on “Four,” yet Alley’s done nothing but… well, look confused in his own plays for attention. One minute, he’s dissing Jeezy and T.I.,* then immediately turning around to deny he has any problems with either rapper. As far as retractions, there hasn’t been backpeddling like this in Atlanta since Deion Sanders claimed residency in the Georgia Dome. And from the looks of this recent chain of events, he’s been waiting all this time to hitch his wagon to a bigger one, but who wants to let a blind man drive them?

This brings us back to our original point. Gotty and myself were both critical of Jeezy and claimed he needed to respond because, for lack of a better description, he was being carried like a hoe by different parties left and right. We wanted battle records. We wanted that intensity back in a game which has become essentially dependent on subliminal disses. We wanted something to talk about. Yet, we realized that’s easy for us to request knowing we’re not directly involved.

We both agreed the scenario recalled the ’90s when publications covered and sensationalized the “East/West beef,” which ultimately left two of the genre’s greatest MCs lying in body bags. Shove skill sets off the table for a moment, knowing all personalities involved, such an outcome seemed incredibly plausible taking into consideration we’re not dealing with the most logical characters and their subsequent entourages here, we retract our statements**.

Coming full circle, I still believe Jeezy should send a shot or two back at Ross just because the playing field is more even from a career standpoint. As far as the 1017 H.N.I.C. is concerned, however, let that situation die down come October 18. After the mixtape drops and a few weeks pass, most of the current commotion will be forgotten.

Gucci once referred to himself as his “own worst enemy.” Knowing that, why try to play chicken with a train that will eventually derail itself in the long run anyway?

* – And let’s be serious here for a second, the absolute last thing Tip needs at this moment is beef or any reason for him to slip back into the clutches of the wrong side of the law. Plus, Clifford’s got the TV hustle going and looking like the new Huxtables.

** – Not to mention one person has already passed because of the situation.

[pic - click to view]

Young Jeezy/Gucci Mane Beef: Radric’s New Plea For Attention

102 comments for "Why We Should All Ignore Gucci Mane’s Plea For Attention"

10-15-2012, 12:40 PM         #2
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #3
keezy504 18 heat pts18
space
space
$3,411 | Props total: 1778 1778
What plea for attention, Jeezy lame a.ss dissed Gucci first.
 5 years ago '04        #4
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,435 | Props total: 6491 6491
so who is gonna have the better tape on 10-17

gucci or yo gotti
 5 years ago '09        #5
Coke Wave 14 heat pts14
space
space
$4,094 | Props total: 178 178

[pic - click to view]

10-15-2012, 12:58 PM         #6
cheenz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #7
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,435 | Props total: 6491 6491
 FoShizzle8 said:
all ive heard people talk about is gucci's tape so......

im talking about having the better tape not discussed most.
 10-15-2012, 01:07 PM         #8
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
writer needs to stfu, like he really knows the situation well enough to say all that... he doesn't know all what goes on between these men off wax, just typing sh*t to support who he likes and hating on gucci throughout
 10-15-2012, 01:11 PM         #9
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
so who is gonna have the better tape on 10-17

gucci or yo gotti
I'm going to say Gucci because hes hyped it so much that he must have some serious heat in store.
 10-15-2012, 01:12 PM         #10
JayDee11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm not reading all that bullsh*t. Fact is, you go on radio and call a n*gga slow, I don't wanna hear no "being the bigger man" nonsense after the opposition takes offense. Talking about Jeezy should ignore him like he's some international superstar with 40 million records sold. Foh....
 10-15-2012, 01:32 PM         #11
Chopzilla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Trap God ain't got time for this blasphemy.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #12
JetSetter22 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,446 | Props total: 1474 1474
^^^

@special
what?!
 5 years ago '04        #13
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 Graftedgenes said:
I'm going to say Gucci because hes hyped it so much that he must have some serious heat in store.
Agreed. Cause no one ever hypes up disappointing mixtapes nowadays.
 5 years ago '09        #14
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,118 | Props total: 1655 1655
they always give 50 cent attention why not gucci
 5 years ago '12        #15
GoldRush 63 heat pts63
space
space
$2,347 | Props total: 537 537
pretty good read
 5 years ago '11        #16
eastsidecain 
space
space
$621 | Props total: 123 123
 36 Nine said:
writer needs to stfu, like he really knows the situation well enough to say all that... he doesn't know all what goes on between these men off wax, just typing sh*t to support who he likes and hating on gucci throughout
 5 years ago '04        #17
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
 keezy504 said:
What plea for attention, Jeezy lame a.ss dissed Gucci first.
No sir........Gucci basically threatened Jeezy in an interview the day after the Rick Ross incident......Get ya facts straight homie.......
 5 years ago '12        #18
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
good read

my 2 cents, look at a guy like future, he can hold his own weight and hes been relevant for 1 1/2 years now. on top of that he doesnt get mixed in with all this bullsh*t, i appreciate what the future man is doing for ATL
 5 years ago '07        #19
Gortexmethod 
space
space
$724 | Props total: 150 150
over 9000
 5 years ago '04        #20
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
 JayDee11 said:
I'm not reading all that bullsh*t. Fact is, you go on radio and call a n*gga slow, I don't wanna hear no "being the bigger man" nonsense after the opposition takes offense. Talking about Jeezy should ignore him like he's some international superstar with 40 million records sold. Foh....
Bruh.....You must not have heard what Gucci said the day after the Rick Ross incident.....Basically threatened Jeezy and proclaimed the beef was still on.........After 5+ years.......Don't be a sheep.....Gucci's only doin all this for the attention.......Even a blind person can see that.....
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
72 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
109 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
16 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
29 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy