Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
53 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
234 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
157 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #1
6282 pageviews
60 comments

thetfd 1470 heat pts1470
space
space
$3,598 | Props total: 6130 6130
Student returns check for a half-billion dollars

[pic - click to view]

Let's face it: We could all imagine what to do with a little extra cash. But when Allen Smith received his monthly Veterans Affairs dependency check, it contained an unimaginable amount. Instead of the usual $650, it was made out for a half-billion dollars. Billion.
The 22-year-old receives a dependency check from the Department of the Treasury to help with college expenses, because his father served in the U.S. Air Force. It's just usually not that much.
Still, that's a lot of textbooks.
Smith's mother, Patricia Attwood Smith, told WTVM, "He immediately, immediately went to the VA officer at Fort Benning ... (and) turned in the check." She added she is proud of her son and knows his father is smiling down on him.
So where does the $690,000,000 actually belong? That remains a mystery.
Smith was told the check could have been a misprint or the office could have been hacked. The VA inspector general a.ssured Attwood Smith that the check will get back to where it belongs.

watch the video here

[pic - click to view]

Student returns check for a half-billion dollars | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

60 comments for "Student returns check for a half-billion dollars"

5 years ago '05        #2
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
maaaaaaaan fu*k that...... I'de have that sh*t redirected to a swiss acct.... say my goodbyes and badounce!!!!

Id'e be on that catch me if you can sh*t..

Why? Because the gov. wants to hold us accountable for everything we do whether we're guilty or not.... so i'de just be returning the favor... that's an L they'd have to eat....
 5 years ago '09        #3
AI34Life 
space
space
$3,454 | Props total: 0 0
fu*k that. i aint returning sh*t. give that sh*t to me, that sh*t is mine.
 5 years ago '06        #4
Prince Ace 35 heat pts35
space
space
$15,720 | Props total: 8903 8903
i'd be like see ya later america, im out
 5 years ago '11        #5
mysticmoron109 70 heat pts70
space
space
space
$600 | Props total: 239 239
he couldnt do anything but return it.. its a check.. no bank would clear that amount lol. u no how much KYC and AML hoops a check that fu*king big would have to jump through.

that check wasnt worth sh*t
 5 years ago '12        #6
OrangeSoda 98 heat pts98
space
space
space
$14,611 | Props total: 5639 5639
real sh*t. it would probably bounce first off ... second government will fu*k u up hard.
 10-12-2012, 08:44 PM         #7
Chopzilla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Don't have no choice but to return it wtf lol yall really think you gonna deposit that sh*t and its just gonna go through like nothing.

sh*t would pop up in the bank system and Uncle Sam would answer the call like "Lets get this muthafu*ka"
 5 years ago '10        #8
Account001 
space
space
$3,341 | Props total: 179 179
this could have been me... i went to school in columbus
 5 years ago '05        #9
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,879 | Props total: 20899 20899
 Account001 said:
this could have been me... i went to school in columbus
Do you also have a dead veteran as a parent?

What else was the kid gonna do? Coulda got in some hot water if he tried to actually deposit it without saying anything.
 5 years ago '05        #10
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,695 | Props total: 2427 2427
 Kooper said:
my first post = Rich kids on instagram

shut all those bi*ches up with a half a billie check
Your Dumbass Would Get Caught w/ the Quick ...and Be Sent To Guantanamo Bay
 5 years ago '05        #11
brooklyn2philly 46 heat pts46
space
space
$1,013 | Props total: 1667 1667
n*gga as soon as u gave that check to the clerk and she says be right back the next person u gonna c is
 5 years ago '04        #12
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,663 | Props total: 516 516
@ n*ggas thinking it would be like cashing their sh*tty McDonald's check that gets deposited the next day. That check would have been scrutinized in the form of investigations by banks, the federal government, customs, etc and a ton of other things before dude could receive that money. And since it would be immediately determined the check was invalid then the check would be destroyed and the FBI would conduct a closing investigation to determine whether or not it was fraud (which it wasn't). So long story short, he did what he should have
 10-13-2012, 10:42 AM         #13
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That cheque was worthless.

Kid did the right thing.
 10-13-2012, 01:37 PM         #14
Sid 6point7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:
@ n*ggas thinking it would be like cashing their sh*tty McDonald's check that gets deposited the next day. That check would have been scrutinized in the form of investigations by banks, the federal government, customs, etc and a ton of other things before dude could receive that money. And since it would be immediately determined the check was invalid then the check would be destroyed and the FBI would conduct a closing investigation to determine whether or not it was fraud (which it wasn't). So long story short, he did what he should have
checkmate
 5 years ago '07        #15
jack_napier 
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 53 53
 mysticmoron109 said:
he couldnt do anything but return it.. its a check.. no bank would clear that amount lol. u no how much KYC and AML hoops a check that fu*king big would have to jump through.

that check wasnt worth sh*t
Exactly this. There's no fu*king way he would've been able to keep/cash that check.
 5 years ago '05        #16
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,105 | Props total: 234 234
 Chopzilla said:
Don't have no choice but to return it wtf lol yall really think you gonna deposit that sh*t and its just gonna go through like nothing.

sh*t would pop up in the bank system and Uncle Sam would answer the call like "Lets get this muthafu*ka"
^ Exactly its not like he did something commendable, he was just aware of the fact they would have been on his a.ss super fast
 5 years ago '06        #17
Kjizzle03 37 heat pts37
space
space
$25,270 | Props total: 7400 7400
Its not like dude was gonna walk into Chase and just cash that sh*t anyway....thy would've told him they have to hold that sh*t for weeks if not longer
 5 years ago '08        #18
precice3 
space
space
$450 | Props total: 37 37
 brooklyn2philly said:
n*gga as soon as u gave that check to the clerk and she says be right back the next person u gonna c is
 5 years ago '12        #19
Ricky Retardo 43 heat pts43
space
space
$5,982 | Props total: 13701 13701
y'all can miss me with that i wouldve kept it rhetoric. only n*gga that made sense was the 1st post with the swiss acct or even in the cayman islands. any US bank transferring any amount over 10 g's gets reported. half a billie, ya think that won't raise a flag?
 5 years ago '05        #20
meercy|m 
space
space
$9,374 | Props total: 471 471
flag me... but im takin my chances on that. whats the difference in returnin it & proly not even gettin it ? im still gone have to explain what happened...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
124 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
62 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy