ESPN and Marvel are teaming up for a LeBron James comic book titled "King of the Rings" (pics)

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
85 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
15 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #41
Lavares 19 heat pts19
space
space
$10,387 | Props total: 28 28
 Budala said:
they know more rings are on the way....
Yeah I can damn near guarantee 1 for the people of Cleveland in 2015....
 5 years ago '04        #42
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,458 | Props total: 6043 6043
King of a ring
 5 years ago '07        #43
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
 Kadillac87 said:

The nation-state developed fairly recently. Prior to the 1500s, in Europe, the nation-state as we know it did not exist. Back then, most people did not consider themselves part of a nation; they rarely left their village and knew little of the larger world. If anything, people were more likely to identify themselves with their region or local lord. At the same time, the rulers of states frequently had little control over their countries. Instead, local feudal lords had a great deal of power, and kings often had to depend on the goodwill of their subordinates to rule. Laws and practices varied a great deal from one part of the country to another.

[pic - click to view]

Even the textbooks agree with me

[pic - click to view]

Now, where's your proof to disprove it?

The King was in complete control under the Feudal System. He owned all the land in the country and decided who he would lease land to. He therefore only allowed those men he could trust to lease land from him. However, before they were given any land they had to swear an oath to remain faithful to the King at all times. The men who leased land from the King were known as Barons, they were wealthy, powerful and had complete control of the land they leased from the King.

[pic - click to view]

oh look, i found something on the internet that says exactly what i wanted to say, too.

regardless of some case examples, or the collection of lords holding the power, i highly doubt you can find any significant number of individual lords who were more powerful than their king. king >>> lord in the hierarchy. that is fact. i can google more if you want to be in denial about your mistake, though.

5 years ago '11        #44
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 eliwood said:
Why don't you just think about what you're saying? How can a lord be more powerful than a king when there are multiple lords and only one king?

[pic - click to view]

Because feudal, which means land, was about who owned the most land.

By the year 1,000 in France, where feudalism was most developed, the king was no more powerful than one of his greater lords, and France was divided and subdivided into over 10,000 tiny feudal "kingdoms."

[pic - click to view]

Again, show me something that says different.
 5 years ago '04        #45
IceMan 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,407 | Props total: 1 1
 eliwood said:
Why don't you just think about what you're saying? How can a lord be more powerful than a king when there are multiple lords and only one king?

[pic - click to view]

Easy answer to this..

A Lord is more powerful than a king when the lord has conquered five thrones and a King only conquered one...... with a *

Last edited by IceMan; 10-12-2012 at 04:49 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #46
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:

The King was in complete control under the Feudal System. He owned all the land in the country and decided who he would lease land to. He therefore only allowed those men he could trust to lease land from him. However, before they were given any land they had to swear an oath to remain faithful to the King at all times. The men who leased land from the King were known as Barons, they were wealthy, powerful and had complete control of the land they leased from the King.

[pic - click to view]

oh look, i found something on the internet that says exactly what i wanted to say, too.

regardless of some case examples, or the collection of lords holding the power, i highly doubt you can find any significant number of individual lords who were more powerful than their king. king >>> lord in the hierarchy. that is fact. i can google more if you want to be in denial about your mistake, though.

Read what your link says about the Barons

Barons leased land from the King which was known as a manor. They were known as the Lord of the Manor and were in complete control of this land. They established their own system of justice, minted their own money and set their own taxes. In return for the land they had been given by the King, the Barons had to serve on the royal council, pay rent and provide the King with Knights for military service when he demanded it. They also had to provide lodging and food for the King and his court when they travelled around the country. The Barons kept as much of their land as they wished for their own use, then divided the rest among their Knights. Barons were very rich.

[pic - click to view]

Established the rules, printed the money, and set taxes. So who is really controlling things? What is your definition of a figurehead because that sure does sound like it to me.

5 years ago '10        #47
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
the argument in this thread
 5 years ago '07        #48
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
Read what your link says about the Barons

Barons leased land from the King which was known as a manor. They were known as the Lord of the Manor and were in complete control of this land. They established their own system of justice, minted their own money and set their own taxes. In return for the land they had been given by the King, the Barons had to serve on the royal council, pay rent and provide the King with Knights for military service when he demanded it. They also had to provide lodging and food for the King and his court when they travelled around the country. The Barons kept as much of their land as they wished for their own use, then divided the rest among their Knights. Barons were very rich.

[pic - click to view]

Established the rules, printed the money, and set taxes. So who is really controlling things? What is your definition of a figurehead because that sure does sound like it to me.

sounds like the baron does all the work for the king while he sits back and collects

kings >>>>>

waiting for that illustration of the hierarchy with a lord over a king though
 5 years ago '11        #49
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
sounds like the baron does all the work for the king while he sits back and collects

kings >>>>>

waiting for that illustration of the hierarchy with a lord over a king though
If that's how you want to spin it

I backed up my point with multiple sources and textbooks. Even your own source gives credence to what I'm saying.

One question, who is more powerful in the US, the president or the Supreme Court judges?
 5 years ago '12        #50
GucciBoy347 39 heat pts39
space
space
$10,377 | Props total: 773 773
*Ring
 5 years ago '07        #51
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
If that's how you want to spin it

I backed up my point with multiple sources and textbooks. Even your own source gives credence to what I'm saying.

One question, who is more powerful in the US, the president or the Supreme Court judges?
the US system has checks and balances so that no one branch has absolute power. completely different from the feudal system. nice try, though
 5 years ago '12        #52
BrooklynSwag 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,403 | Props total: 3307 3307
Lol Kobe and his role player rings
 10-12-2012, 05:08 PM         #53
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
since when does a lord play sidekick to someone else???? bron is king and lord

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #54
BrooklynSwag 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,403 | Props total: 3307 3307
 SeaJaiye said:

[pic - click to view]

That sh*t about to leave they head scratching trying to make up some more excuses for Tobe.

Last edited by BrooklynSwag; 10-12-2012 at 05:17 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #55
IceMan 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,407 | Props total: 1 1
They actually should do a remake of this...

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #56
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
the US system has checks and balances so that no one branch has absolute power. completely different from the feudal system. nice try, though
No one had absolute power in a feudal system. You're thinking of a monarchy The president appoint the justices, but he doesn't have absolute power. The king leases the land, but he doesn't have absolute power. If a lord wanted to overthrow a king, he could.
 5 years ago '11        #57
space
space
 SeaJaiye said:

[pic - click to view]

Kobe still have more rings either way you look at it.

5>>>1

2>>1

Either way, the math doesn't work out in lebron's favor

10-12-2012, 05:32 PM         #58
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
Kobe still have more rings either way you look at it.

5>>>1

2>>1

Either way, the math doesn't work out in lebron's favor

you can say he has rings, but lord of the rings?? can't be a lord when u weren't #1 for half of ur jewelry

king >>>>>>>>>>
 5 years ago '11        #59
L1C4 72 heat pts72
space
space
$8,003 | Props total: 2234 2234
If this was a tv show I'd be on it but comic book I don't give a fu*k
 5 years ago '11        #60
space
space
 SeaJaiye said:
you can say he has rings, but lord of the rings?? can't be a lord when u weren't #1 for half of ur jewelry

king >>>>>>>>>>
Compared to LeBron, yes.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
44 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
23 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
132 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
78 comments
2 days ago