UFC 153: Silva vs Bonnar Official Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
57 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who are your picks?
Anderson Silva 42 85.71%
Stephan Bonnar 9 18.37%
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 30 61.22%
Dave Herman 12 24.49%
Glover Teixeira 34 69.39%
Fabio Maldonado 6 12.24%
Jon Fitch 21 42.86%
Erick Silva 20 40.82%
Demian Maia 24 48.98%
Rick Story 15 30.61%
Phil Davis 35 71.43%
Wagner Prado 5 10.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #741
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,411 | Props total: 12352 12352
Wait, so you guys are saying Silva was helped out and the f!ght should have continued?
 5 years ago '05        #742
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
 ra1n said:
Fabio was staying active by getting elbowed in the face for 3 straight minutes? Lmao. Man.

No doubt Bonnar was HURT. I'm not arguing that. He had the wind knocked out of him so he naturally curled up. How the fu*k do you know he *wanted* the ref to stop it?

Your arguments are trash, no wonder I think I'm more important
Your ignorance is starting to stink.

When f!ghters curl up like Bonnar did they are just begging the ref to stop the f!ght. Don't even bother trying to argue this. The FACT that Bonnar didn't even protest the stoppage is clear enough evidence that A) He wanted the f!ght to be stopped and B) Agrees with the stoppage.

Stop looking for sh*t that isn't there.

As for Fabio, yes, he was staying active. As EVIDENCE by the fact that he got the fu*k up you clown. He was moving and creating angles to get up. Bonnar bowed over and was hurt too bad to continue. I honestly feel Bonnar just had his f!ght taken out of him by what Anderson was doing to him.
 5 years ago '11        #743
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,323 | Props total: 8457 8457
 ra1n said:
Not saying he was "helped out"

I'm pointing out the inconsistencies of the reffing.
Who gives a fu*k, reffing in all sports is inconsistent. It didn't change the outcome at all.

Move on with your life
 10-14-2012, 01:46 AM         #744
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people really think Bonnar was gonna get up
 5 years ago '05        #745
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
 ra1n said:
Horrible logic. When f!ghters curl up, it's reactionary - not because they WANT the fu*king f!ght to stop.

Just because Bonnar is a stand up guy and didn't "protest" doesn't mean he wanted the f!ght to stop. And plus, we have no idea how Bonnar personally feels about it so stop making baseless a.ssumptions.

Fabio got UP because he was ALLOWED up because the f!ght wasn't fu*king STOPPED after tons and tons of pounding. LMAO.
When f!ghters ball up, they almost instantly move to guard or try to scramble. They shift their weight. They grab for a leg. They do SOMETHING other than sit there and get punched in the head. When a f!ghter does this, they are hurt too bad and just want the f!ght stopped. It's just that simple.

Again, as for Fabio, he showed that he stilled wanted to f!ght after taking the pounding. He was f!ghting for wrist control. He was shifting his head around and holding guard. That's a VAST difference from what Bonnar was doing.
 5 years ago '04        #746
warbux04 
space
space
$737 | Props total: 182 182
 ra1n said:
We won't know ever know, will we?...why? cause it was fu*kin' stopped
bonnar was still down after the f!ght was stopped tho, and he probably wasn't at the post conference cause he was being rushed to the doctors man.... i get what your saying but give it up bro he would of lost a couple seconds later anyway cause the ref tells all f!ghters to f!ght back or else. its only a bad stoppage if the f!ghter had a actually chance to recover, that wasnt they case with silva.
 5 years ago '05        #747
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,695 | Props total: 2429 2429
Fucck Y'all I Found a Torrent..Thats Taking 4ever
 5 years ago '05        #748
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
 ra1n said:
Well, you just continue to make the same error in your reasoning.
It doesn't necessarily follow that once a guy is hurt, he "wants" the f!ght to stop.

Yes, they f!ghters do something; which is why he was covering up his head. How many times have you seen f!ghters get punched continuously while just covering up their heads? Surely, all the time.

The ref got a boost of adrenaline and stopped it impulsively. Take away the crowd, the hype, and the announcers and you would be singing a different tune.
Stop trying to use your 8th grade philosophy cheat sheet on me. You keep skipping over the point that there's a difference when people cover up, but attempt to get into a more defensive position and what Bonnar did.
 5 years ago '04        #749
warbux04 
space
space
$737 | Props total: 182 182
 ra1n said:
yeah, but we don't know the exact reason why he was still down. of course, he was out of breath and still recovering from the shots...

and yeah he would've lost if it would've continued but it's a damn main event, I want to see those extra seconds!! that's my entire my point
oh ok i feel where your coming from bro, have a nice night. /thread.
 10-14-2012, 02:17 AM         #750
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The amount of alcohol I drank tonight.

I was going ham during the Teixeira f!ght.

I told y'all Jon Fitch was going to grind out a hard-fought victory.

The GOAT was just toying with Bonnar like he was nothing.
 5 years ago '05        #751
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
 ra1n said:
Alright brah, I'll make sure to tweet Fabio and tell him he was in a great defensive position the entire f!ght (getting elbowed in the face for 3 minutes straight)

[pic - click to view]

I'm starting to think that you're dense.

I am not saying that Fabio was in a "great defensive position" you half-wit. I am saying that he was in a better defensive position than Bonnar. I am making a comparison between two different things. Fabio was going for wrist control and trying to keep Glover in his guard. He was moving head while the elbows were coming down.

Bonnar, on the other hand, went into a ball and just covered his head. He was not attempting to move his head nor was he trying to achieve a more defensive position (like guard).

Do you understand the difference now? I don't know how else to explain it to you.
 5 years ago '12        #752
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,117 | Props total: 15674 15674

[pic - click to view]

GOOOOT DAAAAMMN
 5 years ago '12        #753
TRILL SH1T 95 heat pts95
space
space
$5,850 | Props total: 3466 3466
 CosbySweater said:

[pic - click to view]

GOOOOT DAAAAMMN
Lmao, one of my homies was really trying to convince me that Bonnar had a shot
 5 years ago '06        #754
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,880 | Props total: 25656 25656
I hope glover does get ram,page next so he can be knocked the fu*k out lol his defense is horrible and he almost got finished twice by someone dead as a doorknob on their feet so you know his strikes wasn't full power.. Fabios defense sucks and he leaves himself open for strikes let glover run up on rampage or anyone else like that he's fu*ked more ways then one..
 5 years ago '06        #755
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,880 | Props total: 25656 25656

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #756
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,826 | Props total: 1322 1322
 ra1n said:
wait wat

how many damn f!ghters get pounded and pounded and just cover up and the f!ght still goes on? e.g. bigfoot vs. cain, weidman vs. munoz, the maldonado f!ght and tons of others

How about this: show me a f!ght where someone is covering up after they get hurt the first time and it gets stopped within a few seconds. (as what happened with Chael and Bonnar)

I'm simply pointing out the inconsistency with the reffing
2 of the f!ghts ur referencing are noted as being terribly late stoppages
 ra1n said:
There's where we fundamentally disagree. Just because you're moving around doesn't mean you're not taking an extraordinary amount of damage (elbows straights to the face like Fabio was). I wouldn't say he was in a "better defensive position" at all. Squirming around while full mounted is hardly defending yourself "better". Just face it - it all comes down to arbitrary ref decision. Pure impulse.
Fabio was defending as intelligently as one could in such bad positions... Bonnar went fetal and didn't get up until Rogan's interview was over... Would u have been happier if Anderson walked away after the knee and let everyone see just how finished Bonnar was?
 5 years ago '12        #757
JBAL NY 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,563 | Props total: 1786 1786
it dont matter who silva f!ghts some people always gonna be on here talkin bout how whoever he was f!ghting got robbed or cheated or some bullsh*t
 5 years ago '09        #758
ImAMonster 407 heat pts407
space
space
$37,402 | Props total: 10520 10520
Missed the f!ght last night. Just watched it again. Anderson Silva is a bad mahfu*ka yo. Just standin' there letting Bonner hit him, giving no fu*ks. Silva and Jones are in different weight classes, yes? Need to see those two f!ght.
 10-14-2012, 07:54 AM         #759
Gho5t 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ImAMonster said:
Missed the f!ght last night. Just watched it again. Anderson Silva is a bad mahfu*ka yo. Just standin' there letting Bonner hit him, giving no fu*ks. Silva and Jones are in different weight classes, yes? Need to see those two f!ght.
Silva has said he has no interest in that f!ght. Although i think itll happen eventually.
 5 years ago '09        #760
ImAMonster 407 heat pts407
space
space
$37,402 | Props total: 10520 10520
 Gho5t said:
Silva has said he has no interest in that f!ght. Although i think itll happen eventually.
Then what does he have interest in? Washed up or Weak opponents? f!ght someone who's at the top as well.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
42 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now