No, The Matrix/Terminator was NOT written by a black woman and stolen by Hollywood

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
73 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-10-2012, 03:16 PM         #1
15989 pageviews
68 comments

conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No, The Matrix/Terminator was NOT written by a black woman and stolen by Hollywood

Yes, this is old but it seems on this site every six months or so there is someone who posts up about "Wow can you believe it, this black woman wrote the book "The Third Eye" and The Wachowskis and Joel Silver stole it from her and used it to make The Matrix and a billion dollar franchise! Look, here's a sh-tty article from a college newspaper (that was retracted) saying she won the case. She now owns the rights to the Matrix Franchise. She says so herself. image

So I figured I'd get ahead of that and just once again lay out how wrong that is.

Sophia Stewart (also written as Sofia Stewart) loves to make the rounds on obscure blogs that nobody has ever heard of and does these "intellectual" type interviews about how she won the rights to the Matrix Franchise, and how the FBI even agrees with her.

And despite the people she talks to 100% being on her side and basically lapping up whatever bullsh-t she has to say, it's all 100% complete and utter bullsh-t.

First of all, I contacted her to do an interview on my site (because I have a random obscure blog that nobody's ever heard of) to talk about the topic. I was genuinely interested in it, because what I felt it was horsesh-t, it was an interesting topic because so many people believe she won due to a college newspaper that mistook her winning a motion in court (the Wachowskis wanted to dismiss outright, and the judge said to at least let her try to prove her case and denied their motion) as her winning, and the article from the college paper has been passed around more than a joint in Snoops tour bus.

The problem is that the article was wrong, and was subsequently corrected by the staff as follows:

CORRECTION REGARDING PREVIOUS STORY

In reference to the recent article entitled "Mother of the Matrix Victorious," some
information has been deemed misleading. Ms. Sophia Stewart has not yet won her case against Joel Silver, Time Warner and the Wachowski Bros. The decision on October 4th enabled Ms. Stewart to proceed with her case, as all attempts to have it dismissed were unsuccessful. Ms. Stewart's case will proceed through the Central District Court of California.

Thanks,
The Globe Staff
Yet that part is never forwarded with the nonsense. There is no logical way of coming to the conclusion that she owns the rights to the franchise, that the studios/Wachowskis stole the story from her, and that she is anything but a delusional woman.

I can give more evidence if needed. For now read this excellent article on this which includes discussing the racial lines that were drawn with that case.

[pic - click to view]

The Billion-Dollar Myth - Los Angeles Times

Her lawsuit claimed that the lucrative "Matrix" and "Terminator" film franchises were based on her ideas. Last month's request by the defendants to dismiss the case was an act of desperation, Stewart believed, because her proof of theft was indisputable. Stewart had attracted many supporters (mostly African American, who agreed that Hollywood had ripped her off) and detractors who question both the validity of her claims and her sanity ever since she began trying to rally support for her case in 2003. She claimed that she would have "big surprises" for the judge and jury, as well as for all of the naysayers, when her case finally went to trial.

Unfortunately, Judge Margaret Morrow wasn't interested in surprises. In her 53-page ruling, Morrow dismissed Stewart's case, noting that Stewart and her attorneys had not entered any evidence to bolster the key claims in her suit or demonstrated any striking similarity between her work and the accused directors' films. Stewart says she is hiring additional attorneys and is asking the court to reconsider that decision, but earlier this summer, in a nearly empty courtroom 790 of the Roybal Federal Building, Stewart's case apparently ended with a whimper.

But as in the "Matrix" movies, there's an alternate reality to this story that says a lot about the continuing racial divide between a mistrusting black America and the mainstream media. Stewart's courtroom defeat stands in bizarre contrast to what many of her fellow African Americans hold true, or want to believe happened as a result of her lawsuit.

In that alternate reality--created by Internet chain letters, radio stations and reputable community newspapers, and still flourishing on the World Wide Web--people sincerely believe that Stewart won her lawsuit last fall, and that she now is the wealthiest African American in the country, thanks to a record multibillion-dollar award. Her supposed settlement has been hailed as a legendary achievement in copyright infringement law, and a major moment in African American history. People also think that word of her victory has been suppressed as the result of one of the most sophisticated media conspiracies in history--even though none of that is true.

The Wachowski brothers' professional resume was limited prior to "the Matrix"; they had written the screenplay for the lackluster 1995 Sylvester Stallone action film "Assassins," and in 1996 had made their directing debut with the low-budget noir crime flick "Bound." To hear Stewart tell it, that lack of experience suggests fraud.

"I'm the kind of master writer that comes once upon this Earth," Stewart says by phone from her Las Vegas home a week before the June 13 court hearing. "You don't go from [doing] a mediocre movie to a work of genius like 'The Matrix.' "

The Bronx, N.Y., native makes her living doing paralegal work and tax preparation. She is divorced and has two adult children, though she won't reveal her age, explaining that she doesn't believe in pagan rituals and refuses to celebrate holidays or birthdays. "It's all lies and illusions," she says. "We're timeless and ageless." image She adds that her spiritual attitude forms the basis for the wise Oracle character in the "Matrix" films: "The Oracle is me. I wrote myself into my work."

[pic - click to view]

68 comments for "No, The Matrix/Terminator was NOT written by a black woman and stolen by Hollywood"

5 years ago '11        #2
xo xo xo 85 heat pts85
space
space
space
$5,427 | Props total: 435 435
Interesting, I think this thread will be 10+ pages.
 10-10-2012, 03:34 PM         #3
conscious thug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
was looking for an older thread because I posted in there the copyright page for the the Wachowkis and 20th Century Fox as it pertains to the Matrix. The woman is nuts though. She said she'd do the interview and then just basically sent a bunch of legal documents (her filings, not Judge's summary judgements) that she felt showed she owned the rights. lol
 5 years ago '05        #4
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,471 | Props total: 7122 7122
I thought that dumb theory was disproved a long time ago?
 10-10-2012, 03:51 PM         #5
conscious thug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
I thought that dumb theory was disproved a long time ago?
It WAS, but people believe it. And that article "The Billion Dollar Myth" (Excellent 3 page read, by the way), so many people, particularly African Americans, WANT to believe it because of what it would symbolize. White america getting fu*ked for stealing from African Americans. That's a helluva story if it was true.

Such mistakes have long proliferated in American ethnic communities, but the Internet has added to their speed and potency. When the athletic footwear rage of the 1980s led to violence and deaths among urban kids, rumors surfaced in the African American community that one major manufacturer was owned by South Africans, and its profits were being used to support apartheid. After a particular brand of Mexican beer got a foothold in the U.S. market in the 1980s, rumors that Mexican workers were urinating in it were rampant in the western U.S. In her 1994 book "I Heard It Through the Grapevine: Rumor in African-American Culture," UC Davis professor Patricia Turner explains that the symbolic quality of some stories often is more important to certain groups than whether those stories are true. Stewart's story seemed particularly credible because she is a real person who filed a real case. "Sophia Stewart is David against Goliath," says Turner, and she represents African Americans who have been victimized by corporations.

Still, the tide is slowly turning. Essence, a million-subscriber magazine aimed at an African American audience, had never published a story on Sophia Stewart. But in its May issue it asked readers to hold off on repeating claims of Stewart's victory, and it pointed out that the case was not scheduled for trial until July. Some Internet chatter in recent months has become less sympathetic toward Stewart and her claims, with one fellow writer claiming "my loony detector alarms started going off" as he read more about her case.

That hasn't stopped columnists at many African American newspapers and news sites from continuing to speculate. Manhunt.com content manager Tamara Harris said the erroneous version of Stewart's story is appealing because it "vindicates all of the black artists going through this."

[pic - click to view]

10-10-2012, 05:37 PM         #6
conscious thug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 steeLTown said:
I remember that thread that was a whiiiiiiiile ago and i remember you in it sayin you contacted her
I wrote a whole thing up ready to do an interview and then she backed out. lol. You can read that article by clicking in my signature. I listed a bunch of references to the legal documents, including the judges dismissal which is online.
 5 years ago '12        #7
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,866 | Props total: 22219 22219
Pics of the woman?
 10-10-2012, 06:39 PM         #8
Ni2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i listened to that video that was once posted. she talking like homeland security comes to her for ideas or something i forget exactly. basically she was just saying her ideas were so advanced nobody could figure them out or figure out how she came up with them.
 10-10-2012, 06:57 PM         #9
WordOnThaStreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the matrix and the terminator are both based on the bible......
 10-10-2012, 07:17 PM         #10
conscious thug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThePainkiller said:
Pics of the woman?
There's not many out there, but here's one. They're mostly all older images.

Last edited by conscious thug; 10-10-2012 at 07:39 PM..
 10-10-2012, 07:38 PM         #11
conscious thug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! on her website she has listed that she was the recipient of the 2005 NAACP Rosa Parks Award, and yet I can find no mention of that award on the NAACP website or ANYWHERE that doesn't already reference Stewart in some article saying she won her case. ha ha ha. What a fail this woman is.

It wouldn't shock me if none of the following "awards" are real.

She has received numerous awards for her achievements over the past few years. Afterearning the Rosa Parks Award' from the NAACP in December 2005, she also got the honor award for empowering the people from the Las Vegas Music Awards in September 2006. On June 2, 2007 she was nominated for the international award called: 'Lifting Up the World with a Oneness Heart.' An award offered to people who have made exceptional contributions to the human family.Some of the receivers of this award include: Nelson Mandela, Mikhail Gorbachev, Mother Teresa, Pope John Paul, Jesse Jackson and many others.
 10-10-2012, 09:20 PM         #12
conscious thug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 killawee said:
Yeah because 2 jews, 1 of them being a transvestite, writing it is far more believeable
anti-semitism and homophobia in ONE post? NICE!
 5 years ago '08        #13
L.A's HiGhEsT 76 heat pts76
space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 1 1
she jus wants money she didnt do sh*t, next thread...
 5 years ago '06        #14
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 conscious thug said:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! on her website she has listed that she was the recipient of the 2005 NAACP Rosa Parks Award, and yet I can find no mention of that award on the NAACP website or ANYWHERE that doesn't already reference Stewart in some article saying she won her case. ha ha ha. What a fail this woman is.

It wouldn't shock me if none of the following "awards" are real.
they put her in the same ranks of Nelson Mandela, Mikhail Gorbachev, Mother Teresa, Pope John Paul, Jesse Jackson for writing the matrix?? bi*ch is psycho
 5 years ago '05        #15
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,107 | Props total: 234 234
yea they stole her sh*t bruh, get ur sh*t straight
 10-10-2012, 10:08 PM         #16
conscious thug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Grown Man Ish said:
Wrong. The Judge ruled AGAINST her. Know what you're talking about before making yourself look stupid.

Unfortunately, Judge Margaret Morrow wasn't interested in surprises. In her 53-page ruling, Morrow dismissed Stewart's case, noting that Stewart and her attorneys had not entered any evidence to bolster the key claims in her suit or demonstrated any striking similarity between her work and the accused directors' films. Stewart says she is hiring additional attorneys and is asking the court to reconsider that decision, but earlier this summer, in a nearly empty courtroom 790 of the Roybal Federal Building, Stewart's case apparently ended with a whimper.

[pic - click to view]

Here is a link to the actual decision when the Judge granted Matrix & Terminator studios their motion.

And here's an article quoting her new lawyers stating that she lost, while blaming her former lawyers in yet another conspiracy.

Yes, she lost her case, in large part, because she wasnt even able to tell her story, says Ted McBride, Stewarts new Salt Lake City attorney. She would have been better off without these lawyers. Their utter and complete failure to do anything to protect or advance her interests in that case leads me to believe they never intended to do so.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #17
simplyAmazin 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,278 | Props total: 185 185
 Grown Man Ish said:
so elaborate don't just talk sh*t where the proof at
 10-10-2012, 10:30 PM         #18
JohnDoe B1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This story is OLD AS fu*k, my dude.

I remember hearin about this bi*ch when I was in the 9th fu*kin grade. bi*ch seemed like she was lil off her rocker, so I ain't surprised this silly bi*ch made that sh*t up.
 10-10-2012, 10:45 PM         #19
conscious thug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And as someone who read her story that she claimed was the basis, I think that it's ridiculous to say that. There's vague similarities in perhaps thematic material but that's being polite, and any lawyer will tell you you can't copy an idea or a theme.
 10-10-2012, 11:18 PM         #20
TimmyGee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WordOnThaStreet said:
the matrix and the terminator are both based on the bible......
Go on
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
187 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
117 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy