most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
33 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #41
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,251 | Props total: 716 716
 ChickBoss414 said:
-- Interesting analyses, yet what does being 30 have to do with anything other than being 30. This is just another way to subliminally weave ageism into the basis of how we percieve rappers and hip-hop culture-- as to say the elders/gatekeepers need to give it up or sit down! Creativity has no age limit...
 5 years ago '04        #42
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,251 | Props total: 716 716
 CMar22 said:
This. Rick Ross is the fakest rap dude I've ever witnessed in my 30 years on this planet. Dude needs to give the Real Freeway Ricky Ross his name back or pay the man. Older dudes still remember the OG that's why they were never fooled by the fake.
freeway ricky dont get respect homie. ...and yeah, Ross' persona is fake, Rap is like wrestling. When you look past all the personal life ish and focus on the in ring skills you cant deny the talent. The boi make good music. On some laid back ol head type of music to me. Youngins are on it just because he is the hot dude. But Ross makes some good songs. Jay aint start making non hustle songs till he was like 40. lol....so you cant hate on Ross for that. Besides the c.o thang in the mid 90's, that would be the only thing that is a knock on him. If you hustle and about that life, his songs are dead on if you living it. Ross did a track with G Rap so im probably a little biased though. lol
 5 years ago '04        #43
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,462 | Props total: 6614 6614
 WCIB said:
If they're gonna have Andre 3000 on the list, they should have Big Boi on it too. Until proven otherwise, Andre 3000's success in hip-hop is tied to Big Boi... Ain't no solos under his belt that were sold separately from his partner... sh*t is becoming lame and disrespectful IMO and it's wildly underrating Big Boi and overrating Andre... Vent ended.

And where's Ice Cube and Snoop?
This right here....props

urbangatsby said:
but when you think of Speakerboxx/Love Below you think of Love Below....my man andre came correct on that whole disc....big boi had sprinkle good songs on speakerboxx
Uhmmmm...NO...I don't and know plenty of others who feel the same way...Big Boi is a MC and hip hop artist and he stays true to that...Andre being more eclectic and having much more of a "CROSSOVER" appeal is what is giving all this over deserved hype and admiration (not saying his not nice but Big Boi is just as nasty and he is what balances out the group to Andre's "weirdo" side sort of speak, they make each other to form Outkast)...Big Boi has been far busier with the rap thing and doing it remarkably well, and people are sleeping on him to the point to where it is disrespectful.

Last edited by Cutty Olds; 10-09-2012 at 09:47 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #44
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,323 | Props total: 1109 1109
Some of these n*ggas old as hell.. to still be making lil kid a.ss songs..
 5 years ago '10        #45
Esdot 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,615 | Props total: 689 689
 RAZAH CUTS said:
I hate this comparison bullsh*t...

stop puttin the emphasis on money and sales and start talking about the skill again..
but then Pac wouldnt be in anyones top lists
 5 years ago '11        #46
Mr X 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,265 | Props total: 241 241
how the hell did 2 chainz make the list but not wayne smh
 5 years ago '06        #47
AF1PIMPN 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,313 | Props total: 66 66
 Laronla said:
Lil Wayne not being on this list is blasphemy
 Mr X said:
how the hell did 2 chainz make the list but not wayne smh

Pimp'n Says: Wayne spark da whole conversation! Their compare'n how much more Wayne has done than these artist wit so much more 2 go. They just didn't put it on here. U know it's "cool" 2 hate Wayne & downplay his accomplishments around these parts.

Lil Wayne turned 30 years old just over a week ago. This is significant because it's an age that, for rappers, is kind of shrouded in a sort of odd mythology. It means that an artist has ended their chapter of youth, a phase that rap is as traditionally obsessed with as say, the fashion and film industries. Age 30 is the first time when the audience can begin to look at someone as "old," and rap is way more harsh about it than, say, rock, where fans go out in droves to see legends tour well into their 60s.

Heading into his fourth decade, Lil Wayne has truly accomplished a lot, and it's really put into perspective when matched up with the accomplishments of his peers when they hit the same age. Wayne's tireless work ethic was the story of his prolific output during the mid to late-00s, which culminated in his Grammy-winning opus, Tha Carter III. In total, he's released 10 albums and his 11th is due later this year. Wayne reflected on his longevity in hip-hop in a recent interview with DJ Drama: “I’ve done so much of it, I’ve been doing it since I was eight. And I’m still rapping. So I kind of feel like I’m getting old.”

On Dedication 4 cut, "Same Damn Tune," Wayne dismisses those ageist insecurities as a product of being "high," and he should. Yes, at 30, you're not really a child anymore, but it's far from being old. While looking back at the status of rappers like Jay-Z, Eminem, and Andre 3000's careers when they turned 30 reveals just how much Wayne has done in three decades, it also shows how much is possible after an MC hits that age.

We've gone back in the time capsules and mulled over the state of 15 of our favorite rappers' careers when they turned 30. How many albums did Nas have out when he turned 30? What was Young Jeezy up to when he hit the big 3-0? Read on for insights and answers.
 5 years ago '06        #48
AF1PIMPN 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,313 | Props total: 66 66

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #49
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
fu*kin 3 pages deep n no one gonna mention the fact that Eminem was born in 72 and they said he turned 30 in 03
 5 years ago '08        #50
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,674 | Props total: 397 397
if anything it's showing that the most successful artists today really didn't hit their stride until their thirties or so. Pretty cool.
 10-10-2012, 12:00 AM         #51
Cowboys All Day 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigree61 said:
so you gone leave wayne off because what he did by 30 is only macthed by 2pac
You stay on dudes nuts even though he is openly gay... somethin u wanna tell us....
 5 years ago '04        #52
shadow_boxer 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 812 812
no one cares about a rappers age really. Age has onlly mattered in hiphop in the last past 4-5 years really. No one cares as long as you got some flavor and keep if funky. Things are soooo backwards now. It use to be young rappers had to prove them self but now older rappers have to prove them self.

lol @ 30 being old I said this before but do yall realize to the rest of the world your still a kid at 30. All this grown man/grown woman bs is fake. Grown men and woman dont need to state what they are.
 5 years ago '04        #53
MALIS 
space
space
space
$2,775 | Props total: 1706 1706
I think you got the years wrong on eminem. Wasn't he 30 in like 2000?
 5 years ago '12        #54
iBoxden 27 heat pts27
space
space
$2,895 | Props total: 233 233
No Fabolous?
 10-10-2012, 01:22 AM         #55
Ayena 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigree61 said:
so you gone leave wayne off because what he did by 30 is only macthed by 2pac
Why did your mother not swallow you?
 10-10-2012, 01:36 AM         #56
Killa Kwamz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn Lupe 30
 5 years ago '11        #57
Swag Daddy 13 heat pts13
space
space
$275 | Props total: 6 6
good read
 5 years ago '04        #58
cormega74 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,733 | Props total: 2548 2548
 Borealis said:
Jay-Z started rapping since 1989
Correction. He released his first single with Jaz-O in 1986!

[video - click to view]

10-10-2012, 03:46 AM         #59
kevante 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 urbangatsby said:
Tupac died at 25 and was only in hip hop for 5 years and look at his impact and to be honest tupac spent damn near a full year in jail so for 4 years Tupac did what every rapper wishes they could accomplish

Lil Wayne at 25 was some fake gangster wearing baggy clothing with gaudy chains and making out with another man he claims is his "daddy"
Pac was 25 when he died?

Holy sh*t
 5 years ago '10        #60
Sk8bamboo 47 heat pts47
space
space
$1,327 | Props total: 557 557
 WCIB said:
If they're gonna have Andre 3000 on the list, they should have Big Boi on it too. Until proven otherwise, Andre 3000's success in hip-hop is tied to Big Boi... Ain't no solos under his belt that were sold separately from his partner... sh*t is becoming lame and disrespectful IMO and it's wildly underrating Big Boi and overrating Andre... Vent ended.

And where's Ice Cube and Snoop?
you right
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
219 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
43 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
58 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
193 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
146 comments
23 hours ago