Oct 8 - 100-Million-Year-Old Spider Attack Found in Amber

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '12        #101
xplizit 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$942 | Props total: 3 3
edit: nvm
 5 years ago '04        #102
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,862 | Props total: 3992 3992
 Kadillac87 said:
Plants need sunlight?
Yes, plants need sunlight. The only way they don't, is if they're genetically altered... Which God apparently didn't do to the plants WE have, since all the natural flora on this planet needs sunlight. They also need water, which there would only be ice without the sun. That's the other part... How can plants grow in -450 degrees? Look, whatever... This is turning more into an explanation for why the entire story is nonsense, and less about the interpretation of "days" in the book of Genesis.

Kadillac87 said:
Revelation 22:5 shows that the sun is not needed.

There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.
You know what else isn't needed? A measure of 6 units of any amount of time, for an omnipotent being to create a planet. Look, we can go back and forth on this, but I'm gonna have to agree to disagree. The days were days, and that's why we have the Sabbath. The bible doesn't acknowledge the actual age of the Earth.

Kadillac87 said:
But you still trying to act as if you have a monopoly on wisdom? Tell me exactly, how you used your wisdom to create the universe?
You say "monopoly on wisdom" a lot. I don't know what you're talking about.
 5 years ago '11        #103
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 Decan45 said:
Yes, plants need sunlight. The only way they don't, is if they're genetically altered... Which God apparently didn't do to the plants WE have, since all the natural flora on this planet needs sunlight. They also need water, which there would only be ice without the sun. That's the other part... How can plants grow in -450 degrees? Look, whatever... This is turning more into an explanation for why the entire story is nonsense, and less about the interpretation of "days" in the book of Genesis.

You know what else isn't needed? A measure of 6 units of any amount of time, for an omnipotent being to create a planet. Look, we can go back and forth on this, but I'm gonna have to agree to disagree. The days were days, and that's why we have the Sabbath. The bible doesn't acknowledge the actual age of the Earth.

You say "monopoly on wisdom" a lot. I don't know what you're talking about.
It's fine if you don't agree. As I have said before, it's not needed for salvation. The problem I have is though is you saying, if you don't interpret the Bible the way I do, you're not a Christian. That's where the monopoly of wisdom comes from. It's a question Eliphaz posed to Job

Job 15:7-9

7 "Are you the first man ever born? Were you brought forth before the hills? 8 Do you listen in on God's council? Do you have a monopoly on wisdom ? 9 What do you know that we do not know? What insights do you have that we do not have?

The truth is, nobody knows the exact time and methods the Lord use to create the heavens and earth. We wasn't there nor do we possess the wisdom to create such a thing. Some people interpret the Bible as 6 literal days and some don't. Who was there standing by the Lord to say for sure that one interpretation is correct over the other? You are trying to put the focus on WHEN it happened when the focus should be on WHO made it happen.
 5 years ago '08        #104
d3athb4dishonor 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,478 | Props total: 573 573
 Tony Franks said:
Hell nah. I'm trying to get rid of the spiders we have. Id rather have dinosaurs. Atleast I can see the dangerous ones from far away.

And lol @dude's :"how plants work."
You can step on a Spider. fu*k you gonna do when 12 Raptors coming your way?
 5 years ago '04        #105
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,480 | Props total: 6065 6065
 Armen87 said:
sick. wonder if that spider has any dna in it. clone that bi*ch
 5 years ago '05        #106
Trizz187 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,304 | Props total: 105 105
 xplizit said:
but how do you measure days without the sun when a day is defined as a period that needs the sun to be defined in the first place?

not to mention its an earth-centered perspective, in the bigger picture (the universe) a day is just a random amount of time, a day might last 35 hours from the perspective of a different planet, or just 1 hour if its a small planet.
Because the "days" God was measuring werent according to "earth" days but what a day is to God which some of the oldest translations is an AEON which an AEON is also defined different depending on the culture .. If you read the book of Job in the bible it talks about God creating the universe

Job 38: 31 Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?

32 Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons? (Mazzaroth in Aramaic hebrew meant zodiac/constilations)

The notion of "6 thousand years" was a notion interpreted by catholic priests in the dark ages , A day to God is not a day to man
 5 years ago '09        #107
bigscore 1632 heat pts1632
space
space
$12,832 | Props total: 17941 17941
Jarassic Park!!
 5 years ago '04        #108
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,862 | Props total: 3992 3992
 Kadillac87 said:
It's fine if you don't agree. As I have said before, it's not needed for salvation. The problem I have is though is you saying, if you don't interpret the Bible the way I do, you're not a Christian. That's where the monopoly of wisdom comes from. It's a question Eliphaz posed to Job
That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that Christian fundamentalists are the "truest" of Christians, because they do not make exceptions for things they don't like in the bible. They don't bullsh*t it. It's pure, unadulterated bible following. That's it bro. If you believe that Jesus is messiah, then by all means call yourself a Christian regardless of any of your other beliefs. Independent of that, the reality is that a TRUE Christian would be someone who follows Christian doctrine to the letter.

People get this idea that fundamentalist just means "crazy", when it doesn't. It means what the dictionary says it does, and therein lies a lot of irony. The Catholic church was a perfect example, because they are certainly NOT fundamentalists at all, and yet have absolutely bat sh*t crazy beliefs.

Kadillac87 said:
The truth is, nobody knows the exact time and methods the Lord use to create the heavens and earth. We wasn't there nor do we possess the wisdom to create such a thing. Some people interpret the Bible as 6 literal days and some don't. Who was there standing by the Lord to say for sure that one interpretation is correct over the other? You are trying to put the focus on WHEN it happened when the focus should be on WHO made it happen.
I'm trying to put the focus on WHEN it happened, because we're in a thread about a 100 million year old bug f!ght. This conversation has a context, and isn't indicative of how I look at the concept of creationism in general.
 5 years ago '11        #109
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 Decan45 said:
That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that Christian fundamentalists are the "truest" of Christians, because they do not make exceptions for things they don't like in the bible. They don't bullsh*t it. It's pure, unadulterated bible following. That's it bro. If you believe that Jesus is messiah, then by all means call yourself a Christian regardless of any of your other beliefs. Independent of that, the reality is that a TRUE Christian would be someone who follows Christian doctrine to the letter.

People get this idea that fundamentalist just means "crazy", when it doesn't. It means what the dictionary says it does, and therein lies a lot of irony. The Catholic church was a perfect example, because they are certainly NOT fundamentalists at all, and yet have absolutely bat sh*t crazy beliefs.

I'm trying to put the focus on WHEN it happened, because we're in a thread about a 100 million year old bug f!ght. This conversation has a context, and isn't indicative of how I look at the concept of creationism in general.
 Decan45 said:
Yeah, keyword "fundamentalist"... Aka: An ACTUAL Christian.
Your emphasis was on actual. You are implying that anyone who doesn't believe the Earth is young, isn't an ACTUAL Christian. That is not true. People who believe everything is the Bible is literal doesn't make them a true Christian either. You have to do more than believe, you have to live it. Faith without works is dead. There are a lot of people who say I believe everything in the Bible is literal and then treat the poor like trash. That doesn't make them the truest Christian. That makes them hypocrites.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
126 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
347 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy