Oct 8 - 100-Million-Year-Old Spider Attack Found in Amber

most viewed right now
 155
Phat ass white girl for real
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 91
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 73
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 57
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
34 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 10-10-2012, 04:25 PM         #81
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Decan45 said:
You from Brooklyn and you say "chop it up"? Thought that was just a Texas thing!

I gotta head back to work, but to put it simply... Ask yourself why there's no fossil records of something like a dog during the Jurassic period? Why do we find all these reptiles 250 million years ago, but we don't see any mammals? Then around 50 million years ago, we start seeing all of these mammalian fossils?

Ask yourself how we could possibly be 96% chimpanzee, when chimps are relatively VERY far away from us in the evolutionary line, regardless if they're our closest LIVING relative? How are we finding that certain sample populations of human beings have neanderthal DNA, while others don't?

Look at the diversity of plant life!
The heavily religious think there is some scientific conspiracy

they won't accept that the further you dig, you find different fossils and skeletal remains.

there was a program on BBC3 recently in the UK called "Conspiracy Road Trip, Creationism" , if you can find it you should watch it, the questions you ask are put to creationists and the answers are fu*king unbelievable.

They showed that different fossils and bones are found at different depths, and the response by the creationists was that it's some scientific conspiracy

here it is lmfao


[video - click to view]


ps, Creationism in the UK is very rare, so these guys are on par with people who believe in chupacabra and flying pigs
 5 years ago '11        #82
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 Decan45 said:
You're right, and I'm not saying there's no room for multiple denominations. What I'm saying is that if a particular denomination completely disregards something that is in the bible, they're not fundamentally Christian.

There's really no other way to interpret the creation of the Earth in 6 days, followed by the lineage detailed from Adam and Eve. We could go into detail about this, but to save me the trouble, I'm just going to tell you I'm not lying. Days meant days. Years meant years. People didn't pull the young Earth theory out of their a.ss, it's what's in the bible.



Never said that.
There's a difference between completely disregarding something in the Bible and interpreting it differently.

You have to understand, the Bible was translated from a language with 3,100 words to a language to 4,000,000 words. Now the word that the Hebrew used was yom, which has more than one meaning


The Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament (1980, Moody Press)
"It can denote: 1. the period of light (as contrasted with the period of darkness), 2. the period of twenty-four hours, 3. a general vague "time," 4. a point of time, 5. a year (in the plural; I Sam 27:7; Ex 13:10, etc.)."

[pic - click to view]




As you can see, yom doesn't necessarily mean 24 hours. There are some people who think it does. There are some people who think it doesn't. There are Hebrew scholars who disagree on the meaning of the word Do you have the monopoly on wisdom to say which one is right?

 5 years ago '11        #83
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 ROFLSTOMP said:
Pascal's Wager is a joke and has been for hundreds of years. It's one of the dumbest arguments that there has ever actually been.

How many religions are there are on this earth, are you going to Pascals wager them all you dumb c*nt?
Why do you have such hatred in your heart?
 10-10-2012, 04:38 PM         #84
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
Why do you have such hatred in your heart?
The question is not why do I, but why don't you? Your religious filth is responsible for the death and suffering of hundreds of millions, arguably billions, and yet you're lacking the normal human emotions that would make a sentient, self-conscious being outraged.

Are you a psychopath? Your lack of normal human emotions would indicate so. Were you ever evaluated?
 5 years ago '11        #85
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 ROFLSTOMP said:
The question is not why do I, but why don't you? Your religious filth is responsible for the death and suffering of hundreds of millions, arguably billions, and yet you're lacking the normal human emotions that would make a sentient, self-conscious being outraged.

Are you a psychopath? Your lack of normal human emotions would indicate so. Were you ever evaluated?
Don't take out your views on religion on me. I haven't twisted the lord's word as a reason to harn others. When I have, then you can take up your grievances with me
 5 years ago '05        #86
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$10,432 | Props total: 2905 2905
 ROFLSTOMP said:
The question is not why do I, but why don't you? Your religious filth is responsible for the death and suffering of hundreds of millions, arguably billions, and yet you're lacking the normal human emotions that would make a sentient, self-conscious being outraged.

Are you a psychopath? Your lack of normal human emotions would indicate so. Were you ever evaluated?
Please prove your claims. Are you saying following the Bible promotes war and suffering?
 5 years ago '05        #87
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$10,432 | Props total: 2905 2905
 ROFLSTOMP said:
The heavily religious think there is some scientific conspiracy

they won't accept that the further you dig, you find different fossils and skeletal remains.

there was a program on BBC3 recently in the UK called "Conspiracy Road Trip, Creationism" , if you can find it you should watch it, the questions you ask are put to creationists and the answers are fu*king unbelievable.

They showed that different fossils and bones are found at different depths, and the response by the creationists was that it's some scientific conspiracy

here it is lmfao



ps, Creationism in the UK is very rare, so these guys are on par with people who believe in chupacabra and flying pigs
I don't even wanna bother with posting videos, I can, but I won't. Please explain to me how does fossils being found at different layers disprove the Bible or creation?
 5 years ago '05        #88
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$10,432 | Props total: 2905 2905
 Kadillac87 said:
Don't take out your views on religion on me. I haven't twisted the lord's word as a reason to harn others. When I have, then you can take up your grievances with me
Yes you are. You pervert the gospel. Saying sinners can enter the kingdom when the scripture clearly says to be perfect in the Lord. How you gonna be a born again sinner? That means you never died. Why you trying to justify sin when He NEVER puts you in a situation where you HAVE to? That's nullifying the sacrifice...which means there no attonement...which means eternal death. What's your motive?
 5 years ago '08        #89
foestacks 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$5,742 | Props total: 1228 1228
 Kadillac87 said:
Says who? A small group? Even Catholics don't believe in the young Earth theory. That comes straight from the Pope. It's funny how a small group is used to discredit the whole. But hey, America is the land of generalization and stereotypes. Why research when you can make an a.ssumption based on a small population.

you a dumb n*gga huh
 5 years ago '05        #90
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$10,432 | Props total: 2905 2905
 SkateboardT said:
Apologies, didn't mean to attack.

at this point we're arguing semantics rather than religion. Fundamentalists follow the bible to the T and are fu*king coocoo.

But if you want to boil christianity down to a sentence, it's not "You have to believe everything in the bible and follow it to a T." it's "you have to accept christ as your lord and savior"

which I do, but I view him as an extension of god, I view every human being as an extension of god. I feel we're all one piece of a greater whole. Some are more in touch with that greater whole than others (Jesus, Mohammed, Moses, Abraham) and others have lost touch with it and have become corrupt (Hitler, Pol Pot, etc.)

I believe jesus is my savior, but so is god, and so were all the other prophets. Hell I believe that the Hindu's and I worship the same deity, they just broke him up into many different forms to make it easier to understand. My views are honestly my own religion I made up myself through my own studies and questions. Whatever helps you live your life as righteous as you possibly can, is what you should believe in. If that's believing you alone can be a good person without help from any spiritual advisor, then thats what you need to believe, if you need to believe jesus christ is the sole saviour of humanity, then thats what you need to believe. There is no wrong answer to religion, as long as it helps you be a better person.
Wow. Well please show me what not to take literally in the Bible. Are you saying Hindus worship the same God of the Bible?
 10-10-2012, 06:36 PM         #91
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nyse03 said:
Please prove your claims. Are you saying following the Bible promotes war and suffering?
That's exactly what I'm saying. The Bible glorifies war, it glorifies bigotry, it's a piece of sh*t as far as books go. I can think of 100 different religions that I'd sooner support than Christianity. Even in a religious context the Bible is a fu*king disgrace... Jesus was a devout Jew and told people to follow his lead, after all.

 Nyse03 said:
I don't even wanna bother with posting videos, I can, but I won't. Please explain to me how does fossils being found at different layers disprove the Bible or creation?
The deeper you dig, the older the fossils/remains. If, by depth, there is a gradual change in skeleton and fossils, that's proof of evolution. At the very least, it's proof that humans didn't live with fu*king dinosaurs, because humans and dinosaurs have never been found together. Furthermore, once you hit a certain depth, you discover that there is no remains of modern man. Go deep enough you'll find plenty of animals, but you won't find homo sapiens.

I realise at this point I'm dealing with an idiot and will exit this discussion.
 5 years ago '12        #92
xplizit 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$942 | Props total: 3 3
 Nyse03 said:
Trust me bro. I've studied Evolution extensively. I've even watched over 40-50 debates on the topic. I come to realize both require faith, but evolution tremendously.
Where's the evidence of plants being here for hundreds of millions of years? Or them evolving? You do know evolution mainly tries to prove that species change into completely different animals over time right? Like dinos to birds. But if 100 million years ago spiders are still spiders, then wtf? If these plants are STILL plants then wtf? And what evolved into spiders anyway? And what do they appear to be evolving into over these last 100 million years?
if you want proof for evolution, take a look into simple organisms such as bacteria or virus. there are species which BECAME resistant to antibiotics. how is that possible if evolution is fake?

to put it in context.. you have dinosaurs dying cuz of some natural disaster.. lets a.ssume most died out within 100-200 years.. the ones who could fly probably found a relatively safe spot where they could survive, however were still faced with conditions they werent used to.. so what do? grow feathers if its cold, learn how to change your diet if your prey dies out.. why do you think humans have less hair than our ancestors? and by ancestors i mean caveman.. because we dont have the need for body hair any more.

also, ask yourself this: why do some species which apparently are entirely different share similar dna? and why are there so many subtypes of birds, reptiles, insects.. why are african people black? to adapt to the higher sun exposure there.
lastly, if humans and apes arent related, why do we share pretty much the exact same body features (10 fingers, 10 toes) which are designed for climbing?
 5 years ago '04        #93
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,863 | Props total: 3992 3992
 Kadillac87 said:
There's a difference between completely disregarding something in the Bible and interpreting it differently.

You have to understand, the Bible was translated from a language with 3,100 words to a language to 4,000,000 words. Now the word that the Hebrew used was yom, which has more than one meaning


The Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament (1980, Moody Press)
"It can denote: 1. the period of light (as contrasted with the period of darkness), 2. the period of twenty-four hours, 3. a general vague "time," 4. a point of time, 5. a year (in the plural; I Sam 27:7; Ex 13:10, etc.)."

[pic - click to view]




As you can see, yom doesn't necessarily mean 24 hours. There are some people who think it does. There are some people who think it doesn't. There are Hebrew scholars who disagree on the meaning of the word Do you have the monopoly on wisdom to say which one is right?

The bible says that God created the sea from the sky on the third day, along with plant life. It's not until the next "day", that he creates the sun. First of all, you can't have water without the heat from the sun, but if we are to presume that God for some reason circumvented his own laws of physics that he created for the Universe, how could sprouting plant life live beyond a day without the sun? If these "days" are supposed to interpreted as "ages", the plants would have died. How would it make sense that the land, sea and flora were all created a billion years before the sun?

That just seems like nonsense to me, bro. I think it is what it is, and they're days. That's why we have the Sabbath.
 5 years ago '04        #94
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,863 | Props total: 3992 3992
 SkateboardT said:
Apologies, didn't mean to attack.

at this point we're arguing semantics rather than religion. Fundamentalists follow the bible to the T and are fu*king coocoo.
I think they're pretty crazy too. Old testament is pretty atrocious.

 SkateboardT said:
But if you want to boil christianity down to a sentence, it's not "You have to believe everything in the bible and follow it to a T." it's "you have to accept christ as your lord and savior"

which I do, but I view him as an extension of god, I view every human being as an extension of god. I feel we're all one piece of a greater whole. Some are more in touch with that greater whole than others (Jesus, Mohammed, Moses, Abraham) and others have lost touch with it and have become corrupt (Hitler, Pol Pot, etc.)
I dig that. I don't dig on Abraham or Mohammed, but I dig your general outlook.

 SkateboardT said:
I believe jesus is my savior, but so is god, and so were all the other prophets. Hell I believe that the Hindu's and I worship the same deity, they just broke him up into many different forms to make it easier to understand. My views are honestly my own religion I made up myself through my own studies and questions. Whatever helps you live your life as righteous as you possibly can, is what you should believe in. If that's believing you alone can be a good person without help from any spiritual advisor, then thats what you need to believe, if you need to believe jesus christ is the sole saviour of humanity, then thats what you need to believe. There is no wrong answer to religion, as long as it helps you be a better person.
I agree.
 5 years ago '12        #95
xplizit 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$942 | Props total: 3 3
 Decan45 said:
The bible says that God created the sea from the sky on the third day, along with plant life. It's not until the next "day", that he creates the sun. First of all, you can't have water without the heat from the sun, but if we are to presume that God for some reason circumvented his own laws of physics that he created for the Universe, how could sprouting plant life live beyond a day without the sun? If these "days" are supposed to interpreted as "ages", the plants would have died. How would it make sense that the land, sea and flora were all created a billion years before the sun?

That just seems like nonsense to me, bro. I think it is what it is, and they're days. That's why we have the Sabbath.
but how do you measure days without the sun when a day is defined as a period that needs the sun to be defined in the first place?

not to mention its an earth-centered perspective, in the bigger picture (the universe) a day is just a random amount of time, a day might last 35 hours from the perspective of a different planet, or just 1 hour if its a small planet.
 5 years ago '04        #96
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,863 | Props total: 3992 3992
 xplizit said:
but how do you measure days without the sun when a day is defined as a period that needs the sun to be defined in the first place?

not to mention its an earth-centered perspective, in the bigger picture (the universe) a day is just a random amount of time, a day might last 35 hours from the perspective of a different planet, or just 1 hour if its a small planet.
Because the Bible was written after creation, not during it... Come on now bro lol

How else could you articulate how long the creation was, without using units of measurement that didn't exist during the act of creation itself? After all, time is relative to begin with.


Last edited by Decan45; 10-10-2012 at 08:58 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #97
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 Decan45 said:
The bible says that God created the sea from the sky on the third day, along with plant life. It's not until the next "day", that he creates the sun. First of all, you can't have water without the heat from the sun, but if we are to presume that God for some reason circumvented his own laws of physics that he created for the Universe, how could sprouting plant life live beyond a day without the sun? If these "days" are supposed to interpreted as "ages", the plants would have died. How would it make sense that the land, sea and flora were all created a billion years before the sun?

That just seems like nonsense to me, bro. I think it is what it is, and they're days. That's why we have the Sabbath.
You're making the fallacy of trying to contain God to human wisdom, but I shall go along. God created light before he created plants. As experimentation has shown, you can grow plants without sunlight. You can use artificial light. Experimentation has also shown that you can alter a plant's gene where it can grow without sunlight or water. If humans have figured out how to grow plants without the sun, don't you think God can do it?


Was there sun? No. Was there a light source, yes. Again, do you have a monopoly on wisdom? Are you the only one that knows what actually happened? Please tell us how you hanged the Earth on nothing




Like I said before, there are different interpretations. None of that matters for salvation though.
 5 years ago '04        #98
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,863 | Props total: 3992 3992
 Kadillac87 said:
You're making the fallacy of trying to contain God to human wisdom, but I shall go along. God created light before he created plants. As experimentation has shown, you can grow plants without sunlight. You can use artificial light. Experimentation has also shown that you can alter a plant's gene where it can grow without sunlight or water. If humans have figured out how to grow plants without the sun, don't you think God can do it?
Yeah, but my dude... Our plants DO need sunlight and water. Their genetics DO require it. So what happened? God said he created the flora and it was good. That was a wrap. Are you saying they evolved for a billion years? Did he secretly come back on the fourth "day", and switch the genetics of all plant life? Also, we could extrapolate into this theory by asking why the hell it would take God 6 billion years to create the Earth. That's a whole other can of worms.

Another thing, there's no such thing as "artificial light".

 Kadillac87 said:
Was there sun? No. Was there a light source, yes. Again, do you have a monopoly on wisdom? Are you the only one that knows what actually happened? Please tell us how you hanged the Earth on nothing

Yes you could say, "God created light before the plants." Yeah... The existence of it perhaps, and maybe even the other billions upon billions of other stars besides our own... But none of those light up Earth. Take the sun away, and the Earth is dark... Regardless that light still exists in the Universe.

 Kadillac87 said:
Like I said before, there are different interpretations. None of that matters for salvation though.
I agree about the salvation part. Hell, I even agree about the interpretations... To a degree. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of room for old Earth and evolution in the bible. There's just not.


Last edited by Decan45; 10-10-2012 at 09:19 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #99
xplizit 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$942 | Props total: 3 3
 Decan45 said:
Because the Bible was written after creation, not during it... Come on now bro lol

How else could you articulate how long the creation was, without using units of measurement that didn't exist during the act of creation itself? After all, time is relative to begin with.
yeah but basically it says he took a day before there were any means to measure a day, which doesnt add up to me..

but its a matter of interpretation, so youre as right as i am .. i always thought the bible was talking about "phases" rather than days, but as an atheist i couldnt really care less anyway
 5 years ago '11        #100
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 Decan45 said:
Yeah, but my dude... Our plants DO need sunlight and water. Their genetics DO require it. So what happened? God said he created the flora and it was good. That was a wrap. Are you saying they evolved for a billion years? Did he secretly come back on the fourth "day", and switch the genetics of all plant life? Also, we could extrapolate into this theory by asking why the hell it would take God 6 billion years to create the Earth. That's a whole other can of worms.

Another thing, there's no such thing as "artificial light".



Yes you could say, "God created light before the plants." Yeah... The existence of it perhaps, and maybe even the other billions upon billions of other stars besides our own... But none of those light up Earth. Take the sun away, and the Earth is dark... Regardless that light still exists in the Universe.



I agree about the salvation part. Hell, I even agree about the interpretations... To a degree. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of room for old Earth and evolution, in the bible. There's just not.
Plants need sunlight?



Revelation 22:5 shows that the sun is not needed.

There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.


But you still trying to act as if you have a monopoly on wisdom? Tell me exactly, how you used your wisdom to create the universe?
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 41
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
261 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 32
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
166 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 17
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
164 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
151 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
115 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 10
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
52 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy