Oct 8 - 100-Million-Year-Old Spider Attack Found in Amber

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
36 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
62 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #61
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,278 | Props total: 6377 6377
 1LynguisticMind said:
I pity you who believe in GOD. I understand why, death is a hard thing to accept. But your religious code is nothing more then a reason for more persecution and death.
Im not even gonna bother to argue.. what do you live for?
 5 years ago '05        #62
rprose 
space
space
$702 | Props total: 118 118
UH OH!!! ah dabait abt sighence an religen!!! I reckons its gon gettin good BUBBA!!!
 5 years ago '06        #63
Lay 
space
space
$13,302 | Props total: 478 478
Let that Spider eat
 10-10-2012, 11:15 AM         #64
choong 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Windy said:
bs that fossil is no more than than a couple centuries

my good book tells me so

fu*king atheist poisoners trying to undo gods work
You can't be serious?
 5 years ago '05        #65
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,430 | Props total: 2902 2902
 SkateboardT said:

Jesus didn't say anything about cherry picking lol, jesus said a lot but he never said "FOLLOW MY WORDS EXACTLY TO THE T AND IF YOU'RE NOT TRYING TO BE AS SIMILAR TO ME THEN YOU GO TO HELL" He said we are all flawed and we all make mistakes but that god understands that and understands our situations and takes that into account. SO. point is. you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
What the hell? n*gga Christ ain't say that, your pastor told you that bull so you keep comin out your pocket.
Show me the Scripture where he says this you liar. You'll never find that. Christ came to suffer temptations of the flesh to be an example. To show us that it's possible NOT to sin no matter what situation you in. I can show you that scripture directly. Where you get the opposite from. Why you think he gets to be the judge? Because he been through exactly what we been through and never sinned once. So we have no excuse. How did you miss that?

Last edited by Nyse03; 10-10-2012 at 02:19 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #66
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
 One Gud Cide said:
yea add it to the list of things it disagrees with like logic, physics, biology, common sense, physiology, how plants work, time, weather, construction
Really? Elaborate for me please.
 5 years ago '10        #67
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,551 | Props total: 195 195
 Nyse03 said:
Funniest thread i seen all week.

Modern man supposedly evolved just 50,000 years ago. But rewind back 100 million years and spider and wasps are exactly the same. Genius.
it's supposedly the same case for sharks and crocs...why are you suprised?
 5 years ago '12        #68
Julian 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,684 | Props total: 2302 2302
Spiders are so frightening they make people question if GOD exist.
 5 years ago '11        #69
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 Nyse03 said:
What the hell? n*gga Christ ain't say that, your pastor told you that bull so you keep comin out your pocket.
Show me the Scripture where he says this you liar. You'll never find that. Christ came to suffer temptations of the flesh to be an example. To show us that it's possible NOT to sin no matter what situation you in. I can show you that scripture directly. Where you get the opposite from. Why you think he gets to be the judge? Because he been through exactly what we been through and never sinned once. So we have no excuse. How did you miss that?
I disagree with your a.ssessment. Jesus didn't come to say people have no excuse to sin. He came to atone for the sins he knew they would make.

Mat 20:28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.

He came to be a sacrifice for the sins of many so that sinners can be made righteous through faith.

Romans 3:19-28

Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith in[h] Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement,[i] through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26 he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

[pic - click to view]

Romans 5:12-21
12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned-- 13 for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come. 15 But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God's grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! 16 Again, the gift of God is not like the result of the one man's sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification. 17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ. 18 Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous. 20 The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, 21 so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #70
xplizit 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$942 | Props total: 3 3
 Nyse03 said:

Modern man supposedly evolved just 50,000 years ago. But rewind back 100 million years and spider and wasps are exactly the same. Genius.
again, read the article.. how are they "exactly the same" if these 2 species are extinct?

you do realize that the common ancestor of humans/apes looked somewhat similar to both aswell right?

and you are judging insects which you know absolutely nothing about (e.g behavior, hunting habits), presumably without having a scientific background in biology judging from a pic of a spider and a wasp trapped in amber? you didnt even look closely at that sh*t, and i bet if you were shown 4 common house spiders you couldnt tell a difference let alone name them

fish and insects pretty much always looked the same and probably always will, because fish are less effected by enviromental change, and for insects, because their changes are too insignificant to tell for anyone who doesnt study them, they look like any other insect to you

what are yall expecting insects to look like 100 million years ago? i want someone to answer this, are spiders supposed to have 28 legs, scorpion claws and fairy wings to make yall believe they are a different species?
 5 years ago '04        #71
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,858 | Props total: 3981 3981
 SkateboardT said:
so you the atheist is going to tell me what jesus did and didn't say?

Your head is so far up your a.ss it isn't even funny. Because I don't believe word for word what the bible says I'm not a REAL christian?

You sound like the people who led the crusades. I'm not even tripping though, just laughing at your ignorance. You're flat out disregarding dozens if not hundreds of different christian faiths just so you can classify all christians as fundamentalists. I for one happen to be gnostic which you've probably never heard about and are currently wikipediaing...the only point I'm trying to make is that you have an incredible double standard...trying to talk sh*t on religious believers for "ignoring facts" while you are sitting here doing the exact same thing.

Jesus didn't say anything about cherry picking lol, jesus said a lot but he never said "FOLLOW MY WORDS EXACTLY TO THE T AND IF YOU'RE NOT TRYING TO BE AS SIMILAR TO ME THEN YOU GO TO HELL" He said we are all flawed and we all make mistakes but that god understands that and understands our situations and takes that into account. SO. point is. you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Way to make a long post attacking the strawman that I'm A.) an atheist, and B.) don't know what gnosticism is. You're wrong on both accounts.

Look bro, you can believe all day that Jesus is your lord and savior, and for that it would make perfect sense to call yourself a Christian. However, the truth of the matter is that Christianity is fundamentally predicated on the belief that every freakin' word of the bible is gospel. Jesus corroborates everything stated in the old testament, therefore if you don't believe in young Earth, Noah's ark, Sodom and Gomorrah, etc... You're saying that Jesus is incorrect. That is why people who believe the word of the bible to the t, are called "fundamentalists". Because they adhere to the fundamentals that constitute what Christianity is. They are following it to the letter. The same is true for Islamic fundamentalists. I'm not telling you that you're going to hell for not believing everything in the bible. I'm telling you that you're not adhering to what fundamentally makes Christianity, Christianity... Absolute faith in the bible.

I mean this basically breaks down to understanding the definition of 'fundamental'. I don't understand how you could not get what I'm saying, if you know what that word means.
 5 years ago '04        #72
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
No, literal Christianity is believing in Christ as the savior. If all Christians interpreted the Bible the same, there wouldn't be so many different denominations. People can read the same thing and come to different conclusions.
You're right, and I'm not saying there's no room for multiple denominations. What I'm saying is that if a particular denomination completely disregards something that is in the bible, they're not fundamentally Christian.

There's really no other way to interpret the creation of the Earth in 6 days, followed by the lineage detailed from Adam and Eve. We could go into detail about this, but to save me the trouble, I'm just going to tell you I'm not lying. Days meant days. Years meant years. People didn't pull the young Earth theory out of their a.ss, it's what's in the bible.

Kadillac87 said:
If you can show me where Jesus said only those who believe the Earth is young are saved, I would like to see it.
Never said that.
 5 years ago '05        #73
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
@Kadillac

Jhn 5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: SIN NO MORE, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

Jhn 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and SIN NO MORE.

You just don't get it. Did he say "try" not to sin? Was he being fair to them seeing as though we get to sin all we want but they can't sin not one more time? Why would he say this? He died so our previous sins will be forgiven, that's why it was a one time act. If we keep sinning now then his death was pointless.

Hbr 10:26 ¶ For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

Once you accept Christ then you HAVE to change...it's called repentance bro. Dont nullify the sacrifice for your sins by sinning more.

Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, LET IT NOT BE ONCE named among you, as becometh saints; 4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this ye know, that no wh0oremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Last edited by Nyse03; 10-10-2012 at 03:34 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #74
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
space
 Nyse03 said:

Hey look, a guy who doesn't know a thing about evolution.

Modern man didn't evolve in 50,000 years.

Plants have been here for hundreds of millions of years, and yet they still look like plants, and they still evolve. Ever think about that?
 5 years ago '05        #75
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
 Decan45 said:
You're right, and I'm not saying there's no room for multiple denominations. What I'm saying is that if a particular denomination completely disregards something that is in the bible, they're not fundamentally Christian.

There's really no other way to interpret the creation of the Earth in 6 days, followed by the lineage detailed from Adam and Eve. We could go into detail about this, but to save me the trouble, I'm just going to tell you I'm not lying. Days meant days. Years meant years. People didn't pull the young Earth theory out of their a.ss, it's what's in the bible.

Never said that.
Yo Decan...we need to chop it up bro. We have a lot to gain in exchange with each other. All humbleness included. Just wanna know what u know.
 5 years ago '05        #76
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
 Decan45 said:
Hey look, a guy who doesn't know a thing about evolution.

Modern man didn't evolve in 50,000 years.

Plants have been here for hundreds of millions of years, and yet they still look like plants, and they still evolve. Ever think about that?
Trust me bro. I've studied Evolution extensively. I've even watched over 40-50 debates on the topic. I come to realize both require faith, but evolution tremendously.
Where's the evidence of plants being here for hundreds of millions of years? Or them evolving? You do know evolution mainly tries to prove that species change into completely different animals over time right? Like dinos to birds. But if 100 million years ago spiders are still spiders, then wtf? If these plants are STILL plants then wtf? And what evolved into spiders anyway? And what do they appear to be evolving into over these last 100 million years?
 5 years ago '11        #77
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 Nyse03 said:
@Kadillac

Jhn 5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: SIN NO MORE, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

Jhn 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and SIN NO MORE.

You just don't get it. Did he say "try" not to sin? Was he being fair to them seeing as though we get to sin all we want but they can't sin not one more time? Why would he say this? He died so our previous sins will be forgiven, that's why it was a one time act. If we keep sinning now then his death was pointless.

Hbr 10:26 ¶ For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

Once you accept Christ then you HAVE to change...it's called repentance bro. Dont nullify the sacrifice for your sins by sinning more.

Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, LET IT NOT BE ONCE named among you, as becometh saints; 4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this ye know, that no wh0oremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Yes, Christ want us to repent and turn away from sin because sin moves us away from God. It doesn't mean we will not sin. If that was the case, why would Jesus be given the authority to forgive sins?

Mat 9:1-8
Jesus stepped into a boat, crossed over and came to his own town. 2 Some men brought to him a paralyzed man, lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the man, “Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.” 3 At this, some of the teachers of the law said to themselves, “This fellow is blaspheming!” 4 Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, “Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts? 5 Which is easier: to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up and walk’? 6 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the paralyzed man, “Get up, take your mat and go home.” 7 Then the man got up and went home. 8 When the crowd saw this, they were filled with awe; and they praised God, who had given such authority to man.

Luke 17:1-4
Jesus said to his disciples: “Things that cause people to stumble are bound to come, but woe to anyone through whom they come. 2 It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble. 3 So watch yourselves.“If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them. 4 Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”
 10-10-2012, 04:01 PM         #78
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
If you want to speak from a logical standpoint, Pascal's Wager would say you are the one to pity. If I'm wrong, I lose nothing. If you're wrong, you lose an eternity.

Pascal's Wager is a joke and has been for hundreds of years. It's one of the dumbest arguments that there has ever actually been.

How many religions are there are on this earth, are you going to Pascals wager them all you dumb c*nt?
 10-10-2012, 04:07 PM         #79
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nyse03 said:

Who said they're exactly the same? What is 'exactly' the same about them?

You're the sort of idiot who would see a Wattieza fossil and say "herp derp, looks like a regular old oak tree to me"

well motherfu*ker, that's because you know nothing about trees, wasps or spiders.
 5 years ago '04        #80
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
space
 Nyse03 said:
Trust me bro. I've studied Evolution extensively. I've even watched over 40-50 debates on the topic. I come to realize both require faith, but evolution tremendously.
Where's the evidence of plants being here for hundreds of millions of years? Or them evolving? You do know evolution mainly tries to prove that species change into completely different animals over time right? Like dinos to birds. But if 100 million years ago spiders are still spiders, then wtf? If these plants are STILL plants then wtf? And what evolved into spiders anyway? And what do they appear to be evolving into over these last 100 million years?
You from Brooklyn and you say "chop it up"? Thought that was just a Texas thing!

I gotta head back to work, but to put it simply... Ask yourself why there's no fossil records of something like a dog during the Jurassic period? Why do we find all these reptiles 250 million years ago, but we don't see any mammals? Then around 50 million years ago, we start seeing all of these mammalian fossils?

Ask yourself how we could possibly be 96% chimpanzee, when chimps are relatively VERY far away from us in the evolutionary line, regardless if they're our closest LIVING relative? How are we finding that certain sample populations of human beings have neanderthal DNA, while others don't?

Look at the diversity of plant life!
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago