Oct 8 - 100-Million-Year-Old Spider Attack Found in Amber

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #41
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 zogby said:
So man came from apes and chickens came from dinosaurs
but spiders and wasps stayed the same
........RIGHT
That's not what evolution says. Evolutions says man and ape came from a common ancestors. There was species A, and from species A, came species B1 and B2.

5 years ago '11        #42
space
space
 Decan45 said:
Worst analogy ever...

No bro, regardless of what the Catholic church says... Christianity is predicated on the bible. Jesus himself said that the old testament was God's word, and it was the truth. You can be the largest denomination of Christianity all day, but you're not really Christian if you're flat out saying that Jesus was wrong.

It's semantics though. It's all how you define the word. I'm just saying that LITERAL Christianity is believing in young earth, bottom line and end of story. If you don't believe that, you're conceding that you don't believe everything in the bible. Jesus didn't say anything about it being okay to cherry pick.
No, literal Christianity is believing in Christ as the savior. If all Christians interpreted the Bible the same, there wouldn't be so many different denominations. People can read the same thing and come to different conclusions.

If you can show me where Jesus said only those who believe the Earth is young are saved, I would like to see it.
 5 years ago '06        #43
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Kadillac87 said:
A Christian is anywho who believes in Christ. The largest Christian denomination, Catholicism, does not believe in a young Earth. You trying to paint all Christians as fundamentalists is the same as people trying to generalize all black people based on what they see on rap videos. Small population, big generalization. So yea...
i kno im shaking a hornets nest, but technically speaking if the HOLY BIBLE is the wat christians should follow, how are ppl gonna make up derivatives outside of that?
 5 years ago '06        #44
space
space
 SkateboardT said:
so you the atheist is going to tell me what jesus did and didn't say?

Your head is so far up your a.ss it isn't even funny. Because I don't believe word for word what the bible says I'm not a REAL christian?

You sound like the people who led the crusades. I'm not even tripping though, just laughing at your ignorance. You're flat out disregarding dozens if not hundreds of different christian faiths just so you can classify all christians as fundamentalists. I for one happen to be gnostic which you've probably never heard about and are currently wikipediaing...the only point I'm trying to make is that you have an incredible double standard...trying to talk sh*t on religious believers for "ignoring facts" while you are sitting here doing the exact same thing.

Jesus didn't say anything about cherry picking lol, jesus said a lot but he never said "FOLLOW MY WORDS EXACTLY TO THE T AND IF YOU'RE NOT TRYING TO BE AS SIMILAR TO ME THEN YOU GO TO HELL" He said we are all flawed and we all make mistakes but that god understands that and understands our situations and takes that into account. SO. point is. you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
just because someone, is athiest, doesnt mean they dont know the BIBLE, the bible is ONE book, all these denominations are based on HUMANS, who wanted to do their own sh*t and ppl following them
 5 years ago '11        #45
space
space
 nightmare said:
i kno im shaking a hornets nest, but technically speaking if the HOLY BIBLE is the wat christians should follow, how are ppl gonna make up derivatives outside of that?
Matthew 22:34-40

Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Jesus taught loving God and loving others. You love God by not sinning, and you love others by not harming them.

Just like when it comes to the Constitution, there are strict constructionist and loose constructions, there are people who think the every word in the Bible is literal and there are others who think it is up for interpretation.

For example, if I say it's raining cats and dogs, someone may take it as literal and think cats and dogs are raining. Other may take it as a figure of speech to mean it is raining hard.

The Earth could be young, and it could be old. None of us knows. None of us was there to say for sure. In the grand scheme of things, this and others like it are frivolous matters. Salvation does not depend on your belief in scientific calculations and theories.
 10-09-2012, 10:42 PM         #46
-Scar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hundred million years though?

Do you realize how long ago even just 1 thousand years is let alone 1 million?

I don't buy the hype.
 5 years ago '11        #47
Mr X 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,265 | Props total: 241 241
^ fu*k all religions

and that spider and wasp dont look prehistoric at all, sh*t looks the same as spiders and wasps today

you know those guys are bullsh*tting
 5 years ago '10        #48
Lurker Brasi 10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,055 | Props total: 40 40
looks super hairy
 5 years ago '07        #49
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,231 | Props total: 20006 20006
lol @ religion.
 5 years ago '05        #50
IllmaticYungin 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,387 | Props total: 2 2
that spider literally has the worst luck. talk about karma
 5 years ago '04        #51
Rufus The Stunt 
space
space
space
$4,355 | Props total: 0 0
Kinda reminds me of Pompeii where they found people trapped doing whatever they were doing when the ash hit
 10-10-2012, 05:42 AM         #52
Twelve 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 davilla24c said:
the earth was made 4000 years ago duh
 IGOTsh*tTZ said:
Nor wasps. Everything else did, though.

5 years ago '08        #53
Kewop Decam 81 heat pts81
space
space
space
$15,998 | Props total: 9801 9801
 Kadillac87 said:
If you want to speak from a logical standpoint, Pascal's Wager would say you are the one to pity. If I'm wrong, I lose nothing. If you're wrong, you lose an eternity.

This is a terrible reason to believe in God. The angle of "well I have nothing to lose and all to gain" is silly and God will see right through that.
 5 years ago '11        #54
space
space
 Kewop Decam said:
This is a terrible reason to believe in God. The angle of "well I have nothing to lose and all to gain" is silly and God will see right through that.
I didn't say it was the right reason. Pascal's Wager is a famous logical question
 5 years ago '12        #55
xplizit 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$942 | Props total: 3 3
 zogby said:
So man came from apes and chickens came from dinosaurs
but spiders and wasps stayed the same
........RIGHT
wrong

1) common theory is men and apes shared a common ancestor
2) both species in the fossil are extinct today e.g. either evolved or died out because they couldnt evolve/adapt
3) give me 1 good reason why spiders should evolve into something that doesnt look like spiders

aslong as there are plants there most likely are small animals who adapt that sh*t.. what are spiders supposed to do? evolve into godzilla for no reason?

also, pretty much every insect you see today is an evolved form of something that existed millions of years ago.. evolution can mean small changes such as building up resistance against different temperatures or surroundings..

fu*k it why am i even arguing about this sh*t
 5 years ago '12        #56
xplizit 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$942 | Props total: 3 3
 Mr X said:
^ fu*k all religions

and that spider and wasp dont look prehistoric at all, sh*t looks the same as spiders and wasps today

you know those guys are bullsh*tting
what do prehistoric insects look like?

there were giant snails, and a few large species, yea, but a lot of them looked similar to what we have today, made for life in trees/plants.. are they supposed to be super-large to be prehistoric?
 5 years ago '06        #57
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
Matthew 22:34-40

Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Jesus taught loving God and loving others. You love God by not sinning, and you love others by not harming them.

Just like when it comes to the Constitution, there are strict constructionist and loose constructions, there are people who think the every word in the Bible is literal and there are others who think it is up for interpretation.

For example, if I say it's raining cats and dogs, someone may take it as literal and think cats and dogs are raining. Other may take it as a figure of speech to mean it is raining hard.

The Earth could be young, and it could be old. None of us knows. None of us was there to say for sure. In the grand scheme of things, this and others like it are frivolous matters. Salvation does not depend on your belief in scientific calculations and theories.
thats wat always throws me off, if the Bible is gods word, why is bible so imperfect to the point where ppl can bullsh*t it?
 5 years ago '11        #58
space
space
 nightmare said:
thats wat always throws me off, if the Bible is gods word, why is bible so imperfect to the point where ppl can bullsh*t it?
Is it imperfect or are people imperfect? People take things out of context everyday. All you have to do is watch the News and you'll see how quotes are chopped and screwed to fit an agenda. There are some people who purposefully misled for profit. There are some people who just disagree. You have to realize, no man has a monopoly on wisdom.

Most people learn the Bible from others so they don't know when they're being led astray. The Bible says seek God with all your heart, and you will find him. It doesn't say just wait and I will magically reveal myself. That's like waiting outside someone's door without knocking. Hoping that someone come answer the door without letting it be known that you want to be answered.

People seek a lot of things, but don't apply the same standards to God. Tell me how many people search for God the way Future search for a women in "Turn on the lights"

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Kadillac87; 10-10-2012 at 09:11 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #59
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,432 | Props total: 2905 2905
Funniest thread i seen all week.

Modern man supposedly evolved just 50,000 years ago. But rewind back 100 million years and spider and wasps are exactly the same. Genius.
 10-10-2012, 09:31 AM         #60
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 One Gud Cide said:
yea add it to the list of things it disagrees with like logic, physics, biology, common sense, physiology, how plants work, time, weather, construction
maybe creationist disagree with the timeline, but i think science has a place in creation.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
126 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
347 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
16 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy