San Francisco 49ers ~ NINERGANG

most viewed right now
NBA BBB Lavar Ball With Another Genius Move
53 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside WTF shorty head game is....
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA charles barkley. ....wow
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Dudes run up on Lil Bow Wow's house
17 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #261
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195 OP
space
space
$37,639 | Props total: 2242 2242
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Okay 49ers fans, I get it we lost! DAMN! Let the sh*t go man. Some n*gga on another forum just said he was sending a clip of the last play of the game to the league to tell them they owe the 49ers the Super Bowl trophy. n*gga promised me Ted Ginn wasn't down and that a 49er would have scooped the toss he threw as he went down to the house but the Ravens rushed the field before they could get the ball and that should have been a 15 yd penalty allowing us to kick a 50 yd FG for the tie.

Please people just let this sh*t go, it's over. It aint like Akers would have made the sh*t anyway.
I Think He Could Have
 4 years ago '09        #262
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$64,538 | Props total: 9793 9793
 Bronxbombers said:
I Think He Could Have
I think he "could" have too but it's about "would" have especially from 50yds away. I don't know one 49ers fan with faith in him from that distance right now. Maybe before he tweaked the injury but not after.
 4 years ago '06        #263
Xaiv 146 heat pts146
space
space
$4,201 | Props total: 2043 2043
Can 49ers get back to Super Bowl?
What San Francisco must do to get back to the big game next season
Originally Published: February 3, 2013
By Matt Williamson | ESPN.com

Email
Print

Colin KaepernickMatthew Emmons/USA TODAY SportsWith Colin Kaepernick at quarterback, the 49ers could be back in the Super Bowl next year.

The San Francisco 49ers made way too many mistakes in Super Bowl XLVII and were utterly dominated in the first half by a poised Baltimore Ravens team. But then the lights went out in the stadium -- and went on for the 49ers. And a fantastic football game ensued.

Even though the 49ers lost 34-31 on Sunday night, that doesn't mean it's all doom and gloom for San Francisco fans. In fact, the 49ers are in awfully good shape to return to the Super Bowl next year.

What do they have to do to get there?

Many will say that Colin Kaepernick was overmatched in this game. He did have a few moments when he looked overwhelmed, clock management was a problem and his footwork was poor on the interception that sailed on him. But for the most part, he threw the football incredibly well. And remember, this was only his 10th start. Think what an amazing learning experience this was for him -- he might have just been the best player on the field Sunday night. Kaepernick will be a great quarterback, if he isn't already. And with a great quarterback in this league, your team should always be competitive.

Going forward, the 49ers face a massive challenge within their division, as Seattle is very young and very threatening. San Francisco has stayed healthy over these past two seasons, particularly with its great defense and offensive line this season. Can that continue? Probably not.

What might they address this offseason? QB Alex Smith is sure to be somewhere else in 2013 and TE Delanie Walker is an unrestricted free agent, along with S Dashon Goldson, WR Randy Moss and DTs Isaac Sopoaga and Ricky Jean-Francois. With Justin Smith's age and the possible loss of Jean-Francois, who played the run well in Smith's absence, San Francisco should use a high pick or two on the defensive line, at end and nose tackle, where Sopoaga could depart. Re-signing Jean-Francois and/or Sopoaga seems prudent though, and if they do that then using only one high draft pick on the defensive line would suffice.

Also on defense, there isn't another starting option at safety if Goldson leaves. However, this is a very deep safety draft, so that would lessen the blow if they couldn't re-sign him. The 49ers do play really with only 12 core defensive players game after game (which has worked out very well), but adding more options on that side of the ball could pay off, especially late in the year from a stamina perspective. San Francisco's defense was not the same in the postseason as it was for the majority of the regular season. And while much of that had to do with Justin Smith's injury and the disappearance of Aldon Smith, San Francisco's defensive players logged a ton of snaps this season.

On offense, with A.J. Jenkins still a question mark at wide receiver (although I have high hopes for him as soon as next year), Moss' contract up and Mario Manningham's injury situation, a big-play wide receiver should certainly be a consideration. Michael Crabtree emerged as a true No. 1 wide receiver this season, but a speedster opposite him would be an excellent complement, as might a quick and shifty slot wideout. The 49ers also will need to add a backup quarterback. Walker could demand quite a bit on the open market and is rather underutilized in San Francisco, so he seems to be a logical candidate to move on, opening up a need for a second tight end. This draft could be a very good resource to find Walker's replacement, but he would be a bigger loss than many realize because he's so good as a blocker, threatening receiver and special teamer. With David Akers' struggles, the 49ers also would be wise to find another kicker in the offseason.

Finally, few teams got as little from their rookie class as the 49ers did this year. That isn't to say that guys like Jenkins are busts, but you would think this group would have had more of an immediate impact. Maybe they collectively couldn't get on the field much, as the 49ers' starters are obviously a very strong group. But the first-year 49ers outside of LaMichael James remain mostly a mystery at this point. And of course, San Francisco will be drafting with the second-to-last pick of every round in the next draft, which makes it more difficult to find impact rookies for the 2013 season.

Still, at the end of the day, this isn't a difficult wish list to fulfill and San Francisco's roster could conceivably be stronger next year than it is today. This isn't a team that is missing a major piece or is a player or two away from greatness. Instead, the 49ers just need to stay the course.

With the league's top offensive line, the best and most diverse running game that also gets Kendall Hunter, who was very impressive this year, back from injury, a great and proven defense, along with possibly the league's most promising young quarterback and one of the NFL's best head coaches, this team is not going away any time soon. Don't be surprised if the 49ers are playing in the Super Bowl once again next season … perhaps with better results.
 4 years ago '05        #264
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I think he "could" have too but it's about "would" have especially from 50yds away. I don't know one 49ers fan with faith in him from that distance right now. Maybe before he tweaked the injury but not after.
I Would Have Faith In Him ....If He Had Got That Opportunity

... I Have a Feeling He's Done In SF Thou...I Think Jim Lost All Faith In Him This Past Season
 4 years ago '08        #265
VerbalAssassin 97 heat pts97
space
space
$15,261 | Props total: 844 844
 Bronxbombers said:
I Would Have Faith In Him ....If He Had Got That Opportunity

... I Have a Feeling He's Done In SF Thou...I Think Jim Lost All Faith In Him This Past Season
Time to draft a kicker now. BAL had major success with Tucker and young'n was just a rookie. I agree with you, Bronx. Harbaugh gave Akers enough chances to right himself but he cost us too many points as well as a few games (both STL games come to mind).
 4 years ago '06        #266
Kjizzle03 34 heat pts34
space
space
$23,264 | Props total: 4944 4944
1 HOF year
1 WTF year

...I say give dude another shot to right his wrongs...but I'm not Harbaugh...who knows what's gonna happen

402 - 254 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 61% 9 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 530-318, Rank #23 | Aug 15: 723-350, Rank #21 | Aug 14: 830-506, Rank #15 | Aug 13: 509-349, Rank #8 | Aug 12: 209-112, Rank #25 | Aug 11: 12-7, Rank #173 | Aug 10: 857-514, Rank #19 | Aug 09: 168-132, Rank #58 | Aug 08: 988-553, Rank #6 *
 4 years ago '05        #267
space
space
Jim Might Be 50/50 On Giving Him The Job Again....

But I Agree w/ Verbal ....We Should Draft a Kicker Just In Case ....

Like What He Said Look How B More Cut Billy Then Went On Relying Onna Rookie..That Turned Out Great
 4 years ago '09        #268
space
space
Drafting a kicker is fine as long as it's after round 5.

As for that Super Bowl sh*t it was a team effort loss but if we want to get better something has to improve. For the second year in a row our season ended with poor 3rd down conversion/redzone numbers in the game we lost. Last year vs the Giants everybody k!lled Alex Smith and even til this day still k!ll him for that day even though he had a double and tripled Vernon Davis to throw to along with a WR corps of Crabtree, Swain and Williams.

This year we were 2/9 on 3rd downs and the QB was 2/7 with two sacks in the red zone yet nobody lost their mind about these numbers. Just because we like a guy's dazzling potential doesn't mean we let this kind of sh*t go but 49ers fans everywhere seem to be doing just that. Not even the idiot outsiders harped on it.

What's so different from last season against the Giants? We had better weapons. A better QB(not my opinion) and a better offensive line yet there was no difference in the areas that matter the most and the areas everybody said was to blame and not Kyle Williams. Was/is it a coaching issue?

This is what I meant during all of this back and forth with everybody since about two weeks after the switch. It's not about who is playing QB with me, it's about consistency, the best chance to succeed and more than anything, WINNING. I actually like the young guy and was the first person in here saying draft him(after Andy Dalton that is but since Dalton was gone he was who I wanted ) But, I didn't think now was the time for him to be in there. I wanted the season to play out then in camp next year make the move to him.

Whatever the case, losing two years in a row with the same issues at hand makes the sh*t a lot worse to stomach.
 4 years ago '09        #269
5_star_smitty|m 204 heat pts204
space
space
$44,123 | Props total: 2622 2622
 Fly 2ndComing said:

What's so different from last season against the Giants? We had better weapons. A better QB(not my opinion)

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by 5_star_smitty; 02-17-2013 at 11:15 AM..
 4 years ago '09        #270
space
space
Oh sh*t, another 49ers fan just texted me talking about the refs/Refs/conspiracies again. Why won't people let it go, it's over, They aren't going to take the trophy from Baltimore and give it to the 49ers.

n*gga complaining about the way they quick whistled Ahmad Bradshaw last year in the NFC championship Game taking a fumble away from us and giving it back to the Giants citing forward progress being stopped but when it happened to LaMichael James in the Super Bowl it was a fumble and it robbed the 49ers of possible points and gave the Ravens points.

I dont agree with the gave Ravens points because we still had a chance to stop them but he may be right with the James fumble. Oh well, maybe the league didn't want us winning last year and this year.
 4 years ago '09        #271
space
space
goldson is my n*gga & all...
but i don't know what the deal is with him & the front office
will he take a franchise tag? will he take less than market value to stay with a contender? will he go to whoever guarantees him the most?

i'm guessing they want to keep a solid veteran in the backfield (probably goldson, since whitner is basically done in SF). so i'm guessing some moves will be made to get a top rated CB & Safety we have no need for 14 rookies, so i'm sure like 5 of those picks will & should be packaged for some nfl ready talent. with those locked in 3 year minimum rookie contracts we could actually keep the core of the team together while getting younger & possibly better (upgrades on culliver &
whitner) by the end of the draft.

i also heard there's interest in josh cribbs... has anyone else heard that?
 4 years ago '06        #272
Kjizzle03 34 heat pts34
space
space
$23,264 | Props total: 4944 4944
Heard they were interested in Cribbs...I think that all depends on what happens with Ginn...

They already said they weren't gonna tag Goldson...so I'm hoping a deal gets done...or they just snatch up a couple Dbs with the early rd picks

402 - 254 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 61% 9 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 530-318, Rank #23 | Aug 15: 723-350, Rank #21 | Aug 14: 830-506, Rank #15 | Aug 13: 509-349, Rank #8 | Aug 12: 209-112, Rank #25 | Aug 11: 12-7, Rank #173 | Aug 10: 857-514, Rank #19 | Aug 09: 168-132, Rank #58 | Aug 08: 988-553, Rank #6 *
 4 years ago '07        #273
Rob De Niro 119 heat pts119
space
space
$13,413 | Props total: 521 521
Man it's going to be an interesting draft thats for sure.
 4 years ago '05        #274
space
space
Whitner Will Finish His Career In SF ...Pretty Sure They'll Lock Him Up But Not For Much..

Goldson IDK ...Not Really Hearing Much About Him Since All the Focus Is On Trading Smith And Looking At Revis...

But He's My Fav Player On D...I Hope He Get What He Deserves And Lock Him Up Like Bowman...

Do You Guys Think We Can Flip Some Of These Picks For 1st Rds Next Yr Or 2015 ??

Like What We Did w/ Carolina Couple Yrs Back Send a 2nd + Later RD Pick For Their 1st Rd ..

When We Took Anthony Davis And Mike Iuputi ...

I Would Like To See That Happen Again ...Look How Those 2 Turned Out For Us Especially Iupati..
 4 years ago '09        #275
space
space
i highly doubt whitner is coming back...
he was the weakest link in the secondary. not sure why u feel so strongly about him staying
if they franchise goldson, he'll be the 3rd highest paid defender, i don't think the front office think he's worth it.

there are too many good safeties in this draft for goldson to get franchised... unless he takes some kinda loyalty/hometown discount i think he'll be gone. don't get me wrong, i love goldson, but i'm looking at it from a F.O. perspective
 4 years ago '09        #276
space
space
Right now the plan is to not use the franchise tag this year but sign Goldson and Walker first then worry about everybody else. One thing they aren't doing is pursuing big name free agents unless it's a bargain.

Look for Goldson to sign a deal good for both sides. Whitner isn't going anywhere as of now. I do know the team is pissed at him and Culliver both for their blaming each other in the media after the Super Bowl.
 4 years ago '09        #277
space
space
If you missed Vernon Davis' interviews on all of the ESPN radio shows the other day check them out, pretty good stuff. He was also on First Take but I don't watch the show.
 4 years ago '11        #278
eliwood 136 heat pts136
space
space
$31,373 | Props total: 5865 5865
Aldon Smith is going to be doing a live chat on ESPN tomorrow at 1:30 in case yall were interested
 4 years ago '05        #279
space
space
 5_star_smitty said:
i highly doubt whitner is coming back...
he was the weakest link in the secondary. not sure why u feel so strongly about him staying
if they franchise goldson, he'll be the 3rd highest paid defender, i don't think the front office think he's worth it.

there are too many good safeties in this draft for goldson to get franchised... unless he takes some kinda loyalty/hometown discount i think he'll be gone. don't get me wrong, i love goldson, but i'm looking at it from a F.O. perspective
Donte Is Under Contract For This Yr... What Are You Talking About...

Goldson Might Walk ...I Could See Philly Tampa Or Dallas...Throwing Money At Him

But Its The Best Interest For The Niners To Keep Him..

Not Many Safeties That Can Cover And Close In As Fast As Goldson ...

Fly I Think Delanie Is Gone ...I Dont Think Jim Wants Him Back ...

And Its Clear He Cant Catch Kaep Bullet Passes ...

But Can We Tender Him So We Can Get a Pick When Someone Signs Him ???...

But We Really Need To Upgrade The Corners ..Brown Is Only Dependable CB ...

And Hes Up And Down All Season ...I Really Want Revis ...And Culi Needs To Go...

Also We Need To Draft Some Backup/Future D Lineman's ...

Our Pass Rush Was Gone last Yr When Justin Went Down...Aldon Couldn't Do Nothing ...

Issac Was Banged Up...Ray Is ....

Only Dude Who Showed Up Thought The Playoffs From Rushing Was Ahmad Brooks ...

We Need Some Help Reason Y We Couldn't Get To The QB...

And Flacco And Ryan Got to Expose The 2ndary...We Need Some Help On Both Sides Of The Ball
 4 years ago '09        #280
space
space
 Bronxbombers said:
Donte Is Under Contract For This Yr... What Are You Talking About...
so n*ggas have stopped getting cut?
i think only 1 if any stays (between goldson & whitner)
if goldson stays, i'm 100% sure whitner is getting cut. he's statistically 1 of the worst cover safeties in the league. he's was burnt more times than any other safety in the league last year.
any of the top 5 safeties in the draft can do better than whitner at this point for far less money.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 10 Life Hacks That Will Change Your Adult Life
68 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Damn Kylie
58 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chick from the playboi carti song cover...19 years old
49 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 23 - Police: Woman Hands ‘Blunt’ To Officer During Traffic Stop
113 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Nicki Minaj Confirms Nas Is Banging Her Out
247 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Treach Apologizes To Wack100 And Ends His Beef (Real Shyt or Bullshyt?)
14 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Xbox - June 2017 Games with Gold
24 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Something Interesting about Eminem
92 comments
1 day ago