MW2 map 'Favela' removed from rotation due to insensitivity toward Muslims

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
33 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #81
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,067 | Props total: 19932 19932
at what this thread turned into.

utdpridah said:
I hear Muhammed use to like to get it up the a.ss

say your respects people, dude is done for.
 5 years ago '12        #82
warning 16 heat pts16 OP
space
space
$1,335 | Props total: 311 311
Removal of the map is wrong...no mtter how you slice it...if they felt a certain way it should have been removed from jump not allowing people to fall in love with it and get accustom to running matches on it

first off its a violent videogame and has grit --- im from south america and muthafu*kas would take a dump in the streets if need be...this is the favelas pardon me that there no high mansions to hang your frame

i wont be updating game if this is removed, i think its just online so private/local matches should still allow the map

there many more important things in life than clinging to traditions

i'll admit the person who designed the map may not have done proper research
 5 years ago '04        #83
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,067 | Props total: 19932 19932
^ there going to put the map back, they're just updating it and removing the picture frames with the writings. It's going to be put back in a title update.

Last edited by LordBlanco; 10-09-2012 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: .
 5 years ago '12        #84
warning 16 heat pts16 OP
space
space
$1,335 | Props total: 311 311
 TanstA! said:
^ there going to put the map back, they're just updating it and removing the picture frames with the writings. It's going to be put back in a title update.
cool beans
 5 years ago '10        #85
Trill Livin 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,423 | Props total: 6270 6270
muslim population taking L's
 10-09-2012, 04:06 PM         #86
MoP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My fave map.

fu*k Muhammad and everyone that loves him
 10-09-2012, 04:11 PM         #87
Shang Tsung 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Muslims = camping f*ggots in game and real life
 5 years ago '05        #88
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
 House said:
That isn't even close to the same thing. How do you know that they even really put that picture there with the intentions of a racist subliminal message?
It always amazes me how stupid people are on these forums. The funny thing is these guys are probably the smart ones among their friends.

Who said the creators of MW2 put the picture there on purpose? Nobody said that. The point is they put it over a toilet and that's considered a sin within the Muslim religion. It has NOTHING to do with whether they did it on purpose or not. They realized their mistake and took the map down. They will remove the picture and upload the map for everyone.

My point was you (more generally directed at everyone in this thread) do not understand the Muslim religion and were saying what basically equates to "It's not big deal"

Lets say that someone from another country created a popular video game. They didn't understand the basics of American culture (or World culture for that matter) and added a picture of a white guy saying "fu*k that n*gga [or even n1gger]" on the wall as a joke. The point being they did not understand what that actually meant to other people. You, and the others in this thread saying "it's no big deal" would flip the fu*k out because YOU understand the reference.

It's absolutely no different in this situation. You're just saying one is worse because you only understand one side of the argument.
 10-09-2012, 05:20 PM         #89
Ayena 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I'm The Dan said:
It always amazes me how stupid people are on these forums. The funny thing is these guys are probably the smart ones among their friends.

Who said the creators of MW2 put the picture there on purpose? Nobody said that. The point is they put it over a toilet and that's considered a sin within the Muslim religion. It has NOTHING to do with whether they did it on purpose or not. They realized their mistake and took the map down. They will remove the picture and upload the map for everyone.

My point was you (more generally directed at everyone in this thread) do not understand the Muslim religion and were saying what basically equates to "It's not big deal"

Lets say that someone from another country created a popular video game. They didn't understand the basics of American culture (or World culture for that matter) and added a picture of a white guy saying "fu*k that n*gga [or even n1gger]" on the wall as a joke. The point being they did not understand what that actually meant to other people. You, and the others in this thread saying "it's no big deal" would flip the fu*k out because YOU understand the reference.

It's absolutely no different in this situation. You're just saying one is worse because you only understand one side of the argument.
Thank god there are still people around with common sense. I've been trying to explain this for a while now, but talking to some people who have an IQ equivalent to a chicken's can be quite difficult.

It is also funny how people are coming in bashing someone religion, religious views, and their prophet, because of a picture frame. That pretty much sums up who is classified as being the lowest scum of the earth.

Most people do not realize that Jesus Christ has been mentioned by name 25-30 times in the Quran, while Muhammad by name only about 4. As well as Virgin Mary. In the Quran Jesus is a prophet chosen by God even before Muhammad's time. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves. Your parents should be ashamed as well.

Honestly people in this thread who have been bashing Allah, Islam and Muhammad are no different than those in Islam who believe k!lling another man, woman or child with grant you acces to heaven. If it came down to it, those with little to no intellect in this thread would easily be brainwashed into becoming terrorists, if the tables were turned.

I'm not even upset, or hurt. Just disappointed in the human race, and what we have become. As they say, humans are the only animal that k!ll their own kind for pleasure.
 5 years ago '08        #90
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$6,524 | Props total: 120 120
 I'm The Dan said:

we aint gonna go around and rpg their embassies and sh*t, thats for damn sure.
 5 years ago '05        #91
IGOTSHITTZ 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,077 | Props total: 480 480
 TanstA! said:
But obviously, some mooslim was camping and noticed that sh*t. dudes have NOTHINGG to do.
Campers ruining sh*t for everyone.
 5 years ago '05        #92
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
 el bundy said:
we aint gonna go around and rpg their embassies and sh*t, thats for damn sure.
Only because your broke a.ss cannot afford it.
 5 years ago '12        #93
dingbat 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,784 | Props total: 4 4
 utdpridah said:
I hear Muhammed use to like to get it up the a.ss
 TanstA! said:
at what this thread turned into.

say your respects people, dude is done for.

[pic - click to view]

10-09-2012, 06:59 PM         #94
UpTownClips 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bands a make her dance
 5 years ago '06        #95
hollyfield420 23 heat pts23
space
space
space
$3,365 | Props total: 374 374
 Ayena said:
I know what you said, I've read your post, and you seem to be clueless about why someone would be offended. Why do you think someone would get offended?

If there was a picture in a frame about a black man being hung, black people wouldn't care, right? Or something about Jews and Nazi's, perhaps a picture of an american flag burning or words saying "fu*k america!". Now do you understand why?

"It is not permissible to enter the toilet whilst carrying or wearing anything bearing the name of Allah, such as the Quran, or any book with the name of Allah in it, or jewelry such as bracelets or necklaces engraved with the name of Allah."

“Allah is beautiful and he loves beauty.” - Quote on the photo frame in the bathroom.

A) First quote tells you why
B) The bathroom is not considered a place of "beauty", or "cleanliness".

To Muslims in a way, it is like trying to insult them, without letting them know. The only difference is, for how long until someone comes by who actually knows what to abide by in religion.

Now I get what you are trying to say man, trust me. I am a Muslim, and personally I could care less, but the thing is there are other Muslims out there that do care. I am white, so people think I am American. I hear A LOT of racist stuff towards my religion, race, etc. No offense but your culture is EXTREMELY racist. I understand what patriotism is, but there is a difference between that and NATIONALISM.

Instead of understanding why they want it removed, and respecting it. People come in the thread calling them terrorists, Al Qaida, accusing them of things, etc. Thats sick man. I mean how ignorant can a person be? Or how low of an IQ can a person have to be this way.

Now do you understand why? It is not smart to comment on something, if you do not know the answer too. Im not attacking you, nor do I claim to be better in anyway. It just bothers me, how people are incapable of spending 30 seconds of their time to do some research, considering the tremendous, never ending information available to us. I mean we are using a computer, and communicating through the internet where information is endless.
The bible states that working on sundays is punishable by death...Does that make it okay to blow myself up if my neighbor's mowing the lawn?
 10-10-2012, 01:41 AM         #96
Ayena 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hollyfield420 said:
The bible states that working on sundays is punishable by death...Does that make it okay to blow myself up if my neighbor's mowing the lawn?
Why would you blow yourself up? Since you are clearly hinting that it is a "Muslim thing" to do, but you are not a Muslim, and if thats the case why blow yourself up, if working on Sunday's can result in punishment by death, which would mean your neighbor would be getting punished, and would not involve you in anyway. And if you are a Muslim, what would it have to do with Islam, considering Christians believe that their god created heaven and earth in 6 days, and rested on the 7th day. Which means if you were upset that your neighbor was mowing the grass on Sunday, you would in fact be a Christian, and not a Muslim, and with the information provided we can clearly state that you are indeed a certified DUMBASS.
 5 years ago '05        #97
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
 Ayena said:
Why would you blow yourself up? Since you are clearly hinting that it is a "Muslim thing" to do, but you are not a Muslim, and if thats the case why blow yourself up, if working on Sunday's can result in punishment by death, which would mean your neighbor would be getting punished, and would not involve you in anyway. And if you are a Muslim, what would it have to do with Islam, considering Christians believe that their god created heaven and earth in 6 days, and rested on the 7th day. Which means if you were upset that your neighbor was mowing the grass on Sunday, you would in fact be a Christian, and not a Muslim, and with the information provided we can clearly state that you are indeed a certified DUMBASS.
I think he's just making a comparison to the Muslin religion and not trying to directly connect them.

I understand what he's saying and he kinda-sorta has a point. Some Muslim's will suicide bomb ["should I blow myself up"] when they feel others are doing something against the religion they believe ["for my neighbor mowing his lawn on Sunday"]. For example, Muslim's flip out if you show a picture of the prophet Mohammad and have done some horrible things to people because of this -- whether they follow their religion or not.

Either way, it doesn't matter. It's a stupid topic in the first place.
 10-11-2012, 12:02 AM         #98
Ayena 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I'm The Dan said:
I think he's just making a comparison to the Muslin religion and not trying to directly connect them.

I understand what he's saying and he kinda-sorta has a point. Some Muslim's will suicide bomb ["should I blow myself up"] when they feel others are doing something against the religion they believe ["for my neighbor mowing his lawn on Sunday"]. For example, Muslim's flip out if you show a picture of the prophet Mohammad and have done some horrible things to people because of this -- whether they follow their religion or not.

Either way, it doesn't matter. It's a stupid topic in the first place.
I get what you are saying. I hate radical Muslim more than Christians do, believe me. People in the western culture have a hard time grasping the concept that not all Muslims are terrorists. I live in the south man, trust me I've seen and heard all kinds of stuff. I am white after all, and I've heard people saying how they hate Muslims. White radical racist Christians in the South HATE muslims with a passion. Just as much as they hate blacks and mexicans. They hate us even more.

Every large fire starts out small. Remember that. Kid gets bullied nonstop at school, comes back shoots it up, and k!lls himself. These Muslims that have done these horrible things didn't just come out of their mothers womb with a bomb strapped to them. Someone pushed that person to the edge, where they decided to put it on.

[pic - click to view]

Do you see the big picture here? Radicals only see and hear the death toll of their own people, but do not realize that the death toll is FAR larger on the other sides. 288,000 vs 10K and Muslims are the terrorists?

Im done here.
 5 years ago '05        #99
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
 Ayena said:
I get what you are saying. I hate radical Muslim more than Christians do, believe me. People in the western culture have a hard time grasping the concept that not all Muslims are terrorists. I live in the south man, trust me I've seen and heard all kinds of stuff. I am white after all, and I've heard people saying how they hate Muslims. White radical racist Christians in the South HATE muslims with a passion. Just as much as they hate blacks and mexicans. They hate us even more.

Every large fire starts out small. Remember that. Kid gets bullied nonstop at school, comes back shoots it up, and k!lls himself. These Muslims that have done these horrible things didn't just come out of their mothers womb with a bomb strapped to them. Someone pushed that person to the edge, where they decided to put it on.

[pic - click to view]

Do you see the big picture here? Radicals only see and hear the death toll of their own people, but do not realize that the death toll is FAR larger on the other sides. 288,000 vs 10K and Muslims are the terrorists?

Im done here.
The problem with Western society is we/they are taught to hate what we do not understand. It's the reason that things are so spread out. Think about it for a second... you could fit the entire population of the United States in the state of Texas. This is an extreme example, but the point is we're spread out for a reason.

Anyway, more to the point of the topic. I understand that Muslim's do not come out of the womb with bombs strapped to them. I understand your reasoning here, but the point brought up has nothing to do with war. It was a religious debate that had a decent point brought up. Take the war aspect out of it completely and focus on the religious angle. There was a writer (I think this story came from Religiolous [Bill Mahar's documentary]) that included the picture of Mohammad or something like that in one of his books (honestly, it was probably much worse than that, but it doesn't even really matter). The guy was stabbed a bunch of times and k!lled in the middle of the street. This had absolutely nothing to do with war, rather, it had everything to do with religion. That's basically the point the other guy was making. To make an even more precise comparison, it would be like a Christian k!lling someone that isn't a Christian (or is for that matter) because they were wearing a cross (if that were something considered a sin in the religion). When you stop to think about it, it's a little insane to be honest.
 10-11-2012, 10:35 AM         #100
Ayena 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I'm The Dan said:
The problem with Western society is we/they are taught to hate what we do not understand. It's the reason that things are so spread out. Think about it for a second... you could fit the entire population of the United States in the state of Texas. This is an extreme example, but the point is we're spread out for a reason.

Anyway, more to the point of the topic. I understand that Muslim's do not come out of the womb with bombs strapped to them. I understand your reasoning here, but the point brought up has nothing to do with war. It was a religious debate that had a decent point brought up. Take the war aspect out of it completely and focus on the religious angle. There was a writer (I think this story came from Religiolous [Bill Mahar's documentary]) that included the picture of Mohammad or something like that in one of his books (honestly, it was probably much worse than that, but it doesn't even really matter). The guy was stabbed a bunch of times and k!lled in the middle of the street. This had absolutely nothing to do with war, rather, it had everything to do with religion. That's basically the point the other guy was making. To make an even more precise comparison, it would be like a Christian k!lling someone that isn't a Christian (or is for that matter) because they were wearing a cross (if that were something considered a sin in the religion). When you stop to think about it, it's a little insane to be honest.
I completely understand. When you set the Quran on fire, or flush it down the toilet what would you expect? You know that will make them furious, so why do it? Its like going to the hood and calling people ******s, and end up getting shot or beat to death, and I should feel sorry for that racist?

Honestly speaking Christians have k!lled more in the name of their god than anyone else. No offense but if you compare Christians to Muslims, I can say that Christians are by far anywhere near being a true Christian, and by that I mean majority from America.

Sorry, I just cannot respect a culture that uses its Christian religion to start wars, k!ll innocent people, invade other countries, stir up problems, etc. In my opinion the country itself describes and represents everything that is Lucifer. Ignorant, racist, jealous, evil, hatred, no family morals, no respect, no such thing as being equal, etc. The list goes on forever. It is designed to breed ignorance. Puppets that the government can control.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago