Damn!! Is all I can say
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
36 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #61
DJ Idol 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 945 945
Just got Borderlands 2 last week...not sure if I should get this now or wait until I'm tired of Borderlands, looks so dope though!
 10-09-2012, 04:29 PM         #62
OneTruBeing 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
already got the game hacked for pc...........no doubt the game comes correct.............so does fifa .............so does 2k13...........so does borderlands 2.............very nice games
 10-09-2012, 05:19 PM         #63
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
TO ALL MY PC USERS

CUSTOM FOV

Dishonored offers PC gamers plenty of customization options, including a field of view slider to ensure maximum comfort for your masked eyes as you stalk the streets of Dunwall. However, the highest FOV setting allowed by the slider is 85. You can go higher – thanks to the resourcefulness of the community, there’s now a short guide on creating a custom FOV setting in Dishonored.

The process, penned by Reddit user “ddzev,” involves a surgically small addition to Dishonored’s input file. Here’s the step-by-step:

Go to: DocumentsMy GamesDishonoredDishonoredGameConfig
Open: DishonoredInput.ini
Find this line: “m_PCBindings=(Name=”Zero”,Command=”GBA_Shortcut_9 ″)”
Add this line beneath it (without quotes): “m_PCBindings=(Name=”F4″,Command=”FOV 90 (or any desired FOV number)”)”
Save the file
Launch your game and press F4
Ddzev also included a comparison album among a few FOVs to exhibit the differences in peripheral angles and the position of Corvo’s hands on the screen. Dunwall’s atmosphere already floored us, so being able to gorge on more of Dishonored’s glamorous gloom scores a steamer trunk’s worth of excellence points.

DJ Idol said:
Just got Borderlands 2 last week...not sure if I should get this now or wait until I'm tired of Borderlands, looks so dope though!
Honestly play this first. BL2 you'll be doing a lot of looting/grinding.

Bouncer said:
that's what's preventing me from getting it.
Just get it. Don't hold back due to it being a First Person game. If you got a good enough PC, DL it for that. Who knows maybe a mod will come out soon to allow 3rd person mode

e G o Maniac said:
Game is dope, though I've found the AI to be a bit dumb. I could be standing right in their line of sight in plain light and they can't see me sometimes. Also, I could shoot my gun (and you know how loud that sh*t is) and they won't even flinch. Otherwise this game is golden so far. Graphics don't look as good as I thought (of course they use the PC shots to market everything) but I get over that quickly. I'm not sure how stealthy you can be in this first level
[spoiler - click to view]

but I was able to get a couple stealth k!lls at one part, and other parts k!lling them was unavoidable. I wonder how long it takes to get to the parts where you really have to start thinking about if you either want to k!ll or if you want to take another route. But so far this is a very interesting story
What's wrong with the graphics? I know they were trying to go for a certain style of look.
 5 years ago '04        #64
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,670 | Props total: 524 524
 DarkSidesHero said:
TO ALL MY PC USERS

CUSTOM FOV

Dishonored offers PC gamers plenty of customization options, including a field of view slider to ensure maximum comfort for your masked eyes as you stalk the streets of Dunwall. However, the highest FOV setting allowed by the slider is 85. You can go higher – thanks to the resourcefulness of the community, there’s now a short guide on creating a custom FOV setting in Dishonored.

The process, penned by Reddit user “ddzev,” involves a surgically small addition to Dishonored’s input file. Here’s the step-by-step:

Go to: DocumentsMy GamesDishonoredDishonoredGameConfig
Open: DishonoredInput.ini
Find this line: “m_PCBindings=(Name=”Zero”,Command=”GBA_Shortcut_9 ″)”
Add this line beneath it (without quotes): “m_PCBindings=(Name=”F4″,Command=”FOV 90 (or any desired FOV number)”)”
Save the file
Launch your game and press F4
Ddzev also included a comparison album among a few FOVs to exhibit the differences in peripheral angles and the position of Corvo’s hands on the screen. Dunwall’s atmosphere already floored us, so being able to gorge on more of Dishonored’s glamorous gloom scores a steamer trunk’s worth of excellence points.

Honestly play this first. BL2 you'll be doing a lot of looting/grinding.

Just get it. Don't hold back due to it being a First Person game. If you got a good enough PC, DL it for that. Who knows maybe a mod will come out soon to allow 3rd person mode

What's wrong with the graphics? I know they were trying to go for a certain style of look.
Just really muddy textures is all. Everything else looks good, but the textures are muddy. Other than that I don't have any issues with graphics. Probably looks a lot better on PC tho.
 5 years ago '07        #65
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,796 | Props total: 14598 14598
 P-Hill said:
Saw it at Toys R Us today... tried to cop... girl told me no.

bi*ch.
 10-09-2012, 06:39 PM         #66
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Put down the wire traps and suckered guards into walking into them.

One of the most satisfyingly brutal game i have ever played. Gonna have to put it down to play TWD EP4 and a little XCOM.
 5 years ago '04        #67
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
I really wasn't checking for this at all, but after the reviews I checked out the PC version. Just finished the first mission. sh*t's pretty Ill so far. I know I haven't scratched the surface yet.
 10-09-2012, 11:21 PM         #68
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:
Just really muddy textures is all. Everything else looks good, but the textures are muddy. Other than that I don't have any issues with graphics. Probably looks a lot better on PC tho.
It's the art style. They weren't going for an ultra realistic look.
 5 years ago '04        #69
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 DarkSidesHero said:
It's the art style. They weren't going for an ultra realistic look.
While I believe that to some degree, I still think they could have done better on it. These textures are ridiculously bad. Foliage is a joke, even. Again, I didn't have an issue with it but I think some of you are just trying to make excuses for Arkane.

It's just like those 8-bit games being released in 2012 but people say "oh well they just wanted a nostalgic feel." No, I just think they were being lazy. Just calling a spade a spade. Easy cop-out, little more.
 10-10-2012, 12:16 AM         #70
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wanna dive back into Dishonored but i am straight addicted to XCOM
 5 years ago '04        #71
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 IronMaiden said:
I wanna dive back into Dishonored but i am straight addicted to XCOM
I'm going to get into that after Dishonored. I figure Dishonored will be a quicker experience so I'll just get that out of the way first.
 10-10-2012, 12:38 AM         #72
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:
I'm going to get into that after Dishonored. I figure Dishonored will be a quicker experience so I'll just get that out of the way first.
The whole micromanaging of the xcom HQ and stuff is just highly addictive

This game completely flew under my radar until i watched the GB quick look.
 5 years ago '07        #73
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,268 | Props total: 15129 15129
 e G o Maniac said:
Oh and these k!ller rats be having me paranoid as fu*k
don't drop down into a pack of em, I made that mistake thinking I could fu*k em up with the sword and pistol but they k!lled my a.ss in like 5 seconds
 5 years ago '04        #74
Ace2125 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,327 | Props total: 515 515
heard of this will check it out i guess
 10-10-2012, 05:52 AM         #75
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:
While I believe that to some degree, I still think they could have done better on it. These textures are ridiculously bad. Foliage is a joke, even. Again, I didn't have an issue with it but I think some of you are just trying to make excuses for Arkane.

It's just like those 8-bit games being released in 2012 but people say "oh well they just wanted a nostalgic feel." No, I just think they were being lazy. Just calling a spade a spade. Easy cop-out, little more.
Not every dev needs to go for an ultra realistic look which is more than likely why they didn't do anything special with the PC edition since it's a DX9 game.
 10-10-2012, 05:57 AM         #76
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he's not saying it has to be ultra realistic, he's saying the textures are sloppy and low res which they are just like in Skyrim. the art style has nothing to do with it you can have a game like Wind Waker with higher/lower quality textures.
 5 years ago '06        #77
d4deesnuts 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,428 | Props total: 3137 3137
game looks very interesting. i'm too addicted to borderlands 2 though that i havn't even played my games from gamefly even though i was hoping to finish them by the 11th so i could cancel that sh*t, its now the 10th and i never even started on them and will just let my subscription go for another month. I'll be copping this though for sure in another month or two, hopefully it drops in price by then too.
 10-10-2012, 10:37 AM         #78
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 One Gud Cide said:
he's not saying it has to be ultra realistic, he's saying the textures are sloppy and low res which they are just like in Skyrim. the art style has nothing to do with it you can have a game like Wind Waker with higher/lower quality textures.
Holy crap, here's reference so everyone can quit crying about something they seem to not not know abiut

" According to Antonov, the other sources from which the game's art style derives its inspiration are books and artwork, as opposed to video games and films, which represents itself in a non-realistic, painting-esque style."

See that! NON REALISTIC PAINTING ESQUE STYLE.
 5 years ago '05        #79
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,336 | Props total: 1694 1694
 DarkSidesHero said:
Holy crap, here's reference so everyone can quit crying about something they seem to not not know abiut

" According to Antonov, the other sources from which the game's art style derives its inspiration are books and artwork, as opposed to video games and films, which represents itself in a non-realistic, painting-esque style."

I get where you're coming from, but art direction and low textures are two, completely different things. Look at Okami - that's a "painting-esque style" done right. Not saying Dishonored isn't done right, hell I haven't even played it, but as far as I can tell, people know the difference between art direction and the quality of visuals itself. They're not complaining about the painting-like stylistic choice, they're saying that the art style wasn't executed well due to the low textures and rigid character models.
 5 years ago '04        #80
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 DarkSidesHero said:

And I get that. No one's saying they didn't say they wanted that style, but I've seen a lot of games achieve that style while still using much better textures. I just think they're leaning on the excuse too heavily in order to combat any criticism. The sh*t is just bad and I felt like this was a cop-out. That's all.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
50 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy