NLDS: (1) Washington Nationals vs. (5) St. Louis Cardinals

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
65 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
90 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who wins?
Nats in 3 1 5.56%
Nats in 4 0 0%
Nats in 5 6 33.33%
Cardinals in 3 0 0%
Cardinals in 4 4 22.22%
Cardinals in 5 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #181
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
Nats = Caps

Told y'all there was a problem when they backed into the playoffs...they didn't seize the day...they won the division because Atlanta lost

D.C. sports stay losing
 5 years ago '07        #182
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Blah said:
thats what these arrogant fu*ks get
for shutting down their best pitcher

hope the cards finish them off on thurs
 RoyceDa59 said:
The endless amount of what if story's regarding Strausberg will never end if these bums lose.
Nats nation knew the deal. Baseball playoffs are a crapshoot and if i had to see the move get made again, I'd still be fine with the decision. 10 years of strasburg/Gio/Zim should have us contending every year anyways

onlyonesmoke said:
Why would they not bring back Strausberg for game 5 if needed.. Washington are stupid for shutting him down..
Maybe cus hes completely outta the loop physically and revving his arm back to prime mode could injury him further.

"The fans need to understand that there's a real risk in pushing this," said Dr. James Andrews. "[Strasburg] is exactly right with what he's doing."

Andrews, who runs a sports medicine and orthopedic center in Birmingham, Alabama, has performed thousands of Tommy John surgeries in his career, many on major league pitchers. A sports doctor for nearly four decades, Andrews has treated a long list of sports luminaries that includes Michael Jordan, Jack Nicklaus, Roger Clemens, and Charles Barkley, and he serves as teamdoctor for the NFL's Washington Redskins and multiple college football teams.Though he could not discuss the specifics of Strasburg's case because he is not Strasburg's doctor, Andrews emphasized that the second year of a pitcher's recovery from Tommy John surgery - the first year the pitcher returns to game action - is the most important period for the long-term health of the elbow.

"The re-injury rate is highest in the second year," Andrews said. "So standard procedure is to watch the fatigue factor the first year back [pitching]."

The Tommy John procedure is designed to reconstruct the all-important ulnar collateral ligament in the elbow that connects bones in the upper and lower arm. Pieces of a tendon are taken from elsewhere in the body and inserted into holes drilled in the ulna and humerus bones, in effect re-creating the damaged ligament.

But the tissue of the inserted tendon is extremely weak for the first 12 to 24 months as it regenerates and gets a new blood supply, Andrews said. As a result, a pitcher's first year back can put an extreme strain on the tendon, putting it at risk for another tear.

Despite all the recent advances in sports medicine, there is no quantifiable innings benchmark for a pitcher in his first year back from Tommy John, Andrews said. But if a pitcher does re-injure the reconstructed ligament, the statistics are grim. Andrews' Tommy John patients have an 85 to 90 percent recovery rate from the surgery, but for those unlucky few that have to redo the procedure, the success rate drops to 25 to 35 percent.

"A redo is a career-threatening operation," Andrews said. "You're dealing with the existing scar issue, and you have to re-drill holes into already weakened bones. The scar tissue bleeds more, so the infection rate is higher. You don't wish that on anybody."

Some sports pundits have proposed middle grounds for Strasburg: shut him down now until the playoffs start, or only start him every other turn in the rotation. But Andrews said that a stilted throwing schedule would likely increase the chance of re-injuring the elbow.

"If you shut someone down for a month and crank them back up to a high level, a playoff level, there's some worry there might be a higher rate for re-injury," he said. "You don't just all of the sudden go to a playoff level after you've been shut down for a period of time. There's rust there.
"
James Andrews medical opinion>>>>
 5 years ago '06        #183
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,527 | Props total: 6756 6756
 ttime236 said:
Nats nation knew the deal. Baseball playoffs are a crapshoot and if i had to see the move get made again, I'd still be fine with the decision. 10 years of strasburg/Gio/Zim should have us contending every year anyways

Maybe cus hes completely outta the loop physically and revving his arm back to prime mode could injury him further.

you cant be serious ..:ohhellnonas:

either way whose to say stras doesnt re injure his arm next season then what
you had a shot with a healthy stras and you sit him out ... pure stupidity by the nationals
 5 years ago '12        #184
cubes 4 heat pts
space
space
$12,586 | Props total: 6045 6045
It doesn't matter if we make it to game 7 of the WS, Strasburg WILL NOT pitch again this year...

I'm still not mad at the decision... It was the right choice...

Playoff contention for the next 10 years >>>>>> Risking it all for one playoff run
 5 years ago '05        #185
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,882 | Props total: 8404 8404
 ttime236 said:

for get about stopping him and starting him. i always wondered why they didnt just start everything later, like him not start the season, maybe come in the middle

i have also wondered that if he's on a innings count why not just decrease his innings as the season progresses, or start him with few innings for the first couple month and increase as the season progresses

i dont think that just because he had an innings count he had to get shut down, they could have navigated it so that he could still be pitching
 5 years ago '07        #186
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Blah said:
you cant be serious ..:ohhellnonas:

either way whose to say stras doesnt re injure his arm next season then what
you had a shot with a healthy stras and you sit him out ... pure stupidity by the nationals
Do me a favor and read up on Jordan Zimmermans recovery. Same exact process and dude is throwing heat in his 2nd year from the surgery. Nats have done this exact thing before, fu*k outta here

Anyways series aint ova, still got game 4. Lets get it
 5 years ago '05        #187
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
 eliwood said:
Playoff games don't air on regional broadcasts.
Giants games are still on KNBR
 5 years ago '10        #188
SeattleLost 797 heat pts797
space
space
space
$64,608 | Props total: 8489 8489
"Will be easy sweep"

5 years ago '07        #189
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,499 | Props total: 43629 43629
series aint over yet
 5 years ago '06        #190
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,547 | Props total: 203 203
yezzzir, lets wrap this up tomorrow. lohse needs to come out strong
 5 years ago '06        #191
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
 jsilerio said:
Guess Hyde Jackson showed up and the Cards tagged his a.ss. Just one more victory and they will take the series that I didn't expect them to win...
for real? there is no team in the playoffs this year that seems like they cant be beat. we are the same if not better than last year, especially if beltran gets things going. coming into the payoffs he was struggling

Last edited by layzie8171; 10-10-2012 at 04:16 PM..
 10-10-2012, 04:25 PM         #192
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nats fan, get ready for an epic rant and a bumpfest if the Cards close it out tomorrow
 5 years ago '07        #193
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,623 | Props total: 3264 3264
 steeLTown said:
not this again THEY ARE THE EXPOS NOT AN EXPANSION TEAM

What you said means nothing to what Windy said. This is this group of players first time in the playoffs together (first time for a lot of them period), Liquid was comparing them to the Caps who have failed year in and year out and that isn't fair to the Nats.

And fu*k the Expos, f*ggot
 5 years ago '07        #194
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
 steeLTown said:
shut up f*ggot thats not what he meant and you know it...

thats WhiteFace aint it? same dude who would murder his whole family before he admitted the Nats are not an expansion team and are the same as the Expos
You are a fu*king idiot. Learn how to read and comprehend.
 5 years ago '04        #195
MainEv3nt|M 21 heat pts21
space
space
$21,294 | Props total: 29 29
I knew this wasnt gonna be easy man fu*k the cardinals.
 5 years ago '07        #196
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
Got my tickets for the game tomorrow, Lets Go Nats!
 5 years ago '08        #197
wru425 61 heat pts61
space
space
$22,263 | Props total: 5429 5429
Things i learned in game 3:

1) Carpenter is a god

2) The Cardinals bats are hot
3) The Nats won't reach 100 total wins
 5 years ago '07        #198
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
 steeLTown said:
where did he say this is that group of players first time in the playoffs? hes talking about the Nats franchise and he still got it in his head that Nats are an expansion team

YOU learn to comprehend, f*ggot

Its in context to what he was responding to moron

Edit: I will reiterate the point because you seem to not get it. Whether or not Sandy accepts the Expos history is irrelevant to the conversation. Liquid compared this group of Nats players to the Caps teams of the past 5 seasons. And if you really are a Penguins fan you would know that the Caps have failed mightily come playoff time. Liquid compared a great regular season team that failed 5 years in a row in the playoffs to a team that is in the playoffs for their first time (not in franchise history, but for these group of players). That comment prompted Sandy to respond with, "this there first time in the playoffs "

Take your L and move on

Last edited by Ghost Terp; 10-11-2012 at 12:32 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #199
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
bout that time. lohse needs to come out strong
 5 years ago '07        #200
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
Cardinal Bank is trollin Nats fans at the metro station. There were at least 30 signs on the way up to the escalator and out the station
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
56 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy