Android 4.2 Packed With New Enhancements, Battery Improvements, Project Roadrunner

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #41
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,832 | Props total: 1144 1144
What we've learned as Android Stans....

1. Nexus does not have the best hardware
2. Nexus unlocked only get the best updates
3. Better hardware phones are capable of the latest software by flashing Roms
4. If opting for 3, make sure the boot loader is unlocked or you're wasting your time (motorola/verizon)

Last edited by mtva24; 10-07-2012 at 09:53 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #42
mtbatol 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,700 | Props total: 1163 1163
 mtva24 said:
What we've learned as Android Stans....

1. Nexus does not have the best hardware
2. Nexus unlocked only get the best updates
3. Better hardware phones are capable of the latest software by flashing Roms
4. If opting for 3, make sure the boot loader is unlocked or you're wasting your time (motorola)
For #4 you also forgot to add Verizon
 5 years ago '09        #43
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,832 | Props total: 1144 1144
 mtbatol said:
For #4 you also forgot to add Verizon
Fixed
 5 years ago '07        #44
3deanhg 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$707 | Props total: 160 160
 Liquid-Science said:
nobody even has ICS

android updates are a joke at this point

it's disgusting how fragmented it is
WHAT!!?? Ive had ICS for 6mo now
 10-07-2012, 11:21 AM         #45
donmeca2020 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid-Science said:
nobody even has ICS

you must be on a metro pcs android phone or something.... my galaxy S3 has ICS. everyone right now with any type of knowledge of android is now just waiting for android 4.1 AKA Jellybean.

as for this topic at hand, i dont know what people are complaining about battery life for... i my phone never has died on me yet and i owned this thing for already a month or so. yes it needs to be charged every other day for me. but for people complaining about it dieing out on you and sh*t, lets be realisitic WHAT THE fu*k ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR PHONE so much that your battery life is dieing like that ?>
 5 years ago '06        #46
JCSIII 72 heat pts72 OP
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
 donmeca2020 said:
you must be on a metro pcs android phone or something.... my galaxy S3 has ICS. everyone right now with any type of knowledge of android is now just waiting for android 4.1 AKA Jellybean.

as for this topic at hand, i dont know what people are complaining about battery life for... i my phone never has died on me yet and i owned this thing for already a month or so. yes it needs to be charged every other day for me. but for people complaining about it dieing out on you and sh*t, lets be realisitic WHAT THE fu*k ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR PHONE so much that your battery life is dieing like that ?>
There doing too damn much
 5 years ago '04        #47
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
 Y.G. said:
The iPhone was "one of the best" phones that year. Neither were better than the Epic or EVO. Get over it. The Nexus One was not "the best" that year.

If you have a popular phone it is. My 2-year old Epic is running Jellybean.
i never said that year, im talking about at that time.
 10-07-2012, 03:26 PM         #48
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Venom said:
Venom is correct. At the time the first Nexus was released, it was the best phone out hardware wise. No other Android phone had the specs that the Nexus One had. It was later dethroned within the same year, but when it came out, it was the best Android phone available.

This was not the case with the second and third Nexus. When the Nexus S was released, it was not the best phone hardware. Same for the Galaxy Nexus. With the first one, at release time, it was the best Android phone. This cannot be said about the other Nexus phones. This is the main reason why I do not support Nexus phones.

I really wish Google would take their Nexus brand more seriously and give it the specs that a flagship Android phone deserves. It should be best in class in every aspect. Not just carry the latest software version.
 5 years ago '04        #49
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
I just want to see a Motorola Droid RAZR for T-Mobile. They've been slacking on getting good phones. Right now, my only option is the GS III, but I'm not even that excited about it.
 10-07-2012, 03:49 PM         #50
Cipherr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sillyboy25 said:
I still got a S2
S2 S3 and all those will be getting JB pushed this month. So 4.2 will probably make its way to the S3 and S2 and OneX and all those others around Jan or February.
 10-07-2012, 04:02 PM         #51
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
God I am still rocking my blackberry 9300 and think its time for me to treat myself with the S3. Damn google you look good.
 5 years ago '10        #52
Trill Livin 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,414 | Props total: 6247 6247
 Liquid-Science said:
nobody even has ICS

i do
 10-07-2012, 05:05 PM         #53
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Floeji said:
I just want to see a Motorola Droid RAZR for T-Mobile. They've been slacking on getting good phones. Right now, my only option is the GS III, but I'm not even that excited about it.
T-Mobile has actually been getting great phones this year. The Galaxy Note 2 is coming to T-Mobile soon and so is the One X+. That is the same high end phone selection as Sprint and AT&T. The only thing missing is the Iphone, and if you are looking at Android phones, that should not even matter. The Note 2 should be coming out in November as well as the One X+. There is even a WP8 phone from HTC coming to T-Mobile in November. The only phone T-Mobile does not have is a Motorola phone. But neither does AT&T or Sprint. Your only option for a Motorola phone is Verizon, and that comes with a locked bootloader.

I am still waiting on Google to force Motorola to release phones on the other carriers as well. Motorola is not going to increase its profits without releasing its phones on the other carriers. Motorola actually has the potential to compete with Samsung in the Android market. Motorola has great build quality, but locked bootloaders and crappy specs compared to the others. Motorola needs to stop using OMAP (or at least more powerful versions) and start making phones on other carriers.

Motorola would be able to upgrade their phones extremely fast on AT&T and T-Mobile, heck even on Sprint even though they are CDMA. Verizon is giving Android a bad name with its f*cked up policies. I hope Verizon goes down in flames for the bullsh*t they pull.

Last edited by xeduran; 10-07-2012 at 05:09 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #54
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,653 | Props total: 13766 13766
 Venom said:
Nobody is talking about being the best phone for a month.

The EVO and Epic made the Nexus One look like it came out in 2009. No other Nexus looks ancient when compared to other phones of it's time frame. Sh*t didn't even have a front facing camera.
 5 years ago '04        #55
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
 Y.G. said:
Nobody is talking about being the best phone for a month.

The EVO and Epic made the Nexus One look like it came out in 2009. No other Nexus looks ancient when compared to other phones of it's time frame. Sh*t didn't even have a front facing camera.
evo and galaxy s came out like 6 months after

and the epic 4g was the only galaxy s phone with a front facing camera. and front facing cameras didnt become the norm til the iphone 4 dropped which was also 6 months later

Last edited by Venom; 10-07-2012 at 05:37 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #56
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
 xeduran said:
T-Mobile has actually been getting great phones this year. The Galaxy Note 2 is coming to T-Mobile soon and so is the One X+. That is the same high end phone selection as Sprint and AT&T. The only thing missing is the Iphone, and if you are looking at Android phones, that should not even matter. The Note 2 should be coming out in November as well as the One X+. There is even a WP8 phone from HTC coming to T-Mobile in November. The only phone T-Mobile does not have is a Motorola phone. But neither does AT&T or Sprint. Your only option for a Motorola phone is Verizon, and that comes with a locked bootloader.

I am still waiting on Google to force Motorola to release phones on the other carriers as well. Motorola is not going to increase its profits without releasing its phones on the other carriers. Motorola actually has the potential to compete with Samsung in the Android market. Motorola has great build quality, but locked bootloaders and crappy specs compared to the others. Motorola needs to stop using OMAP (or at least more powerful versions) and start making phones on other carriers.

Motorola would be able to upgrade their phones extremely fast on AT&T and T-Mobile, heck even on Sprint even though they are CDMA. Verizon is giving Android a bad name with its f*cked up policies. I hope Verizon goes down in flames for the bullsh*t they pull.
one x+ is not coming to tmo
 10-07-2012, 05:30 PM         #57
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if the rumors are to be believed then this nexus will actually have the best hardware of any android phone which is a good thing.. im tired of google using it as a reference device for the next year.
 10-07-2012, 07:23 PM         #58
youdug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid-Science said:
there's plenty of mofos still running 2.3.x.x.x.x.x.

Android is so fragmented, I'm starting to think about buying an ipad mini when it drops
if youre still running 2.3 you either need to get your money game up or you dont know sh*t about your device.

go and buy an ipad. nobody cares.
 10-07-2012, 07:27 PM         #59
youdug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid-Science said:
nobody even has ICS

why do you care if its fragmented? are you a dev? no, youre not.
its the oem's and carriers that fu*k up updates, not google/android.
and i was running jb for the last couple months with my 3d, and ive been running it for about a month with my evo lte.
theres also a bunch of other devices with jb right now.
youre on boxden. try checking out other forums, specifically android forums.
until then, you should take a hiatus from posting on these topics.
 5 years ago '10        #60
phillyfirst215 
space
space
$267 | Props total: 6 6
 Y.G. said:
The iPhone was "one of the best" phones that year. Neither were better than the Epic or EVO. Get over it. The Nexus One was not "the best" that year.

If you have a popular phone it is. My 2-year old Epic is running Jellybean.

nexus one came out six months before the EVO and when it dropped it was the best phone out. This not common knowledge?
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
42 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
64 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
30 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
36 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
175 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy