Android 4.2 Packed With New Enhancements, Battery Improvements, Project Roadrunner

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
115 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
83 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #21
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,627 | Props total: 13699 13699
 Venom said:
nexus one
You think the Nexus One was better than the Epic 4G or EVO? Sh*t had a 3.7in screen and a trackball. Let's be for real.
 5 years ago '11        #22
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 mtbatol said:
Damn, hate got anti-Android n*ggas running out yelling "fu*k READING"
anti-android n*ggas?
 5 years ago '04        #23
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 783 783
 Y.G. said:
You think the Nexus One was better than the Epic 4G or EVO? Sh*t had a 3.7in screen and a trackball. Let's be for real.
it came out months before either one
 5 years ago '05        #24
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Venom said:
it came out months before either one
They all came out in the first half of 2010. The Galaxy S or the EVO is generally considered the best phone to come out that year. Made the Nexus One look ancient.
 5 years ago '09        #25
DJ Idol 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 945 945
 urbangatsby said:
Because a SD slot is such a deal breaker...listen if you have an high end Andorid phone then just root the muthafu*ka then put a custom rom on there...no biggie
...? A Custom ROM will not replace the extra memory from an SD Card lol
 5 years ago '04        #26
R0CAF3LLA_pimp 37 heat pts37
space
space
$6,720 | Props total: 3684 3684
Sounds awesome. my gnex is ready...
 10-06-2012, 06:33 PM         #27
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ Idol said:
...? A Custom ROM will not replace the extra memory from an SD Card lol
I am pretty sure he meant that you buy a phone with an sdcard and install a custom ROM.

Seriously though, if you want the best hardware with the best Android software, your best bet is to root and install a custom ROM. Either AOKP or Cyanogenmod will do just fine. Both of those end up having better features than stock Android anyway.

It sucks that some manufacturers drag their feet with updates. You only have three choices when it comes to updates with Android OS.

1. Buy a Nexus branded phone and get the updates as soon as Google releases it (F*ck you Verizon by the way).

2. Buy a non-Nexus branded phone (generally better hardware) and wait for the manufacturer to release the update (typically a few months delay).

3. Buy a non-Nexus branded phone, root it and install a custom ROM like AOSP or Cyanogenmod (typically a few weeks delay).

I personally choose option 3. I bought a GS III instead of a Galaxy Nexus because I wanted the better hardware. I could care less about quick upgrades because I rooted my phone and installed CM10 on it. I have Jelly Bean right now and it definitely runs smoother on my GS III than a Galaxy Nexus. Not to mention CM10 has more features than Stock Jelly Bean. Plus I get all the hardware improvements.

For those people that do not want to root and install custom ROMs, it kind of sucks. If the rumors are true, Google seems to be trying to remedy that by providing a theme engine in the next Android OS version. Essentially building on the theme engine that Cyanogenmod uses (which was provided by T-Mobile by the way). This will allow the updates to come out extremely fast, since the theme engine will take care of any UI changes the manufacturers use.

As for the lack of SDCard comment. I personally consider it a big deal. I do not like what Google is doing with their tablets and phones. They are being a**holes. They want you to use their cloud storage. I do not care if the phone comes with 64GB of internal storage, I want the option to use an sdcard.

It does not cost that much more to add an sdcard, it is not a cost issue for Google. If it was a cost issue I would not mind it. But it is a control issue. They want to force users to use cloud storage. I do not agree with that. It is limiting my choice as a consumer. If Apple were doing this, I would call them a**holes too. Plenty of you would as well.

Some of you Android fans need to stop being biased. You guys used to get on Apple for not using sdcards and now you are saying it is not needed. What about the LG phone coming out with only 8GB or 16GB of internal storage and no sdcard? You would pretty much have to use cloud storage. I love Android OS as much as the next Android fan, but Google is being a straight d*ck with the no sdcard move.

Last edited by xeduran; 10-06-2012 at 06:39 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #28
SeattleLost 797 heat pts797
space
space
space
$64,608 | Props total: 8489 8489
coming soon to phones only released after the 3rd week of August
 5 years ago '10        #29
sillyboy25 10 heat pts10
space
space
$954 | Props total: 0 0
I still got a S2
 5 years ago '04        #30
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,568 | Props total: 2714 2714
 Venom said:
nexus one
short answer is no, not even the nexus one. I still have my nexus one and it's what got me into android. it was the one of the best phones when it came out BUT hd video recording was disabled, fm radio was disabled... it's counterpart, the desire had that stuff enabled with more features if Im not mistaken. All nexus devices have been made to showcase software. yes they will come with one or two top of the line hardware features but that's not the focus
 5 years ago '04        #31
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 783 783
 fat_boyy21 said:
short answer is no, not even the nexus one. I still have my nexus one and it's what got me into android. it was the one of the best phones when it came out BUT hd video recording was disabled, fm radio was disabled... it's counterpart, the desire had that stuff enabled with more features if Im not mistaken. All nexus devices have been made to showcase software. yes they will come with one or two top of the line hardware features but that's not the focus
/thread
 5 years ago '05        #32
Dillinger805 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,994 | Props total: 83 83
love my GNex running Bugless Beast jellybean and its super smooth and batt life is fine i get over a day of phone off charger and around 3-4 hrs of screen time on never have had a prob with phone running out of juice
 5 years ago '11        #33
UrbanGAAWD 209 heat pts209
space
space
$7,295 | Props total: 1071 1071
Listen no matter what, if you have an high end Andorid you can just rooted and put a custom rom on it....end of discussion....whether it be a nexus or S3 or One X, you can just install a rom on it with 4.2

This update(4.2) looks great and I'm sure people will be fiending for this lol

Anyone that complains about android phone updates, don't blame google, blame the manufactures that put googles arm in a twist because after seeing the deal that apple had(where they control 100% of the software), carriers wanted control of software updates, so google had their arms tied by manufacturers and carriers.............since google made google fiber and are expanding that and are buying tons of spectrum space, I hope they make their own cell phone service....fu*k all phone carriers
 5 years ago '07        #34
Tony_Stylezzz 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,741 | Props total: 159 159
I'm happy I still have my Galaxy Nexus! Can't wait to get this new update.
 5 years ago '05        #35
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 589 589
getting a decent aosp ROM on a non nexus is not guaranteed
 5 years ago '06        #36
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,523 | Props total: 949 949
onex+
yeaaa boyyy

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #37
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,329 | Props total: 2733 2733
 Adamsville said:
That is so true.
 5 years ago '05        #38
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Venom said:
/thread
The iPhone was "one of the best" phones that year. Neither were better than the Epic or EVO. Get over it. The Nexus One was not "the best" that year.

Adamsville said:
If you have a popular phone it is. My 2-year old Epic is running Jellybean.
 5 years ago '09        #39
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,815 | Props total: 1137 1137
 Liquid-Science said:
nobody even has ICS

android updates are a joke at this point

it's disgusting how fragmented it is
Flash a ROM dumb dumb...
 5 years ago '09        #40
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,815 | Props total: 1137 1137
 fat_boyy21 said:
keep them updates coming Google... fu*k the haters

If you want updates right away, get a nexus
Unless you're on verizon
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
27 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
132 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
51 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
215 comments
1 day ago