Android 4.2 Packed With New Enhancements, Battery Improvements, Project Roadrunner

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
95 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
123 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
94 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
282 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
6936 pageviews
99 comments

JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
Android 4.2 Packed With New Enhancements, Battery Improvements, Project Roadrunner

[pic - click to view]

According to androidandme’s new rumor Android 4.2 will be packed with new enhancements to Google Now, battery improvements thanks to something dubbed Project Roadrunner. Android 4.2 will also brings new version of Google play and Video Player.

Digging deep Project Roadrunner will improve battery life as revealed by source of android and me. Google Play will see major improvement in billing area, personalised search and more integration for notifications will occur in new version. Video player will have major revamp along with new APIs for integration to other apps. Similar changes will occur in Google Play also.

According to another rumor from Android Police which suggests that new phones and new nexus tablet from Motorola, both will have android 4.2 on board.

But all these are rumors we still think that LG will present next nexus device. So just wait and watch.

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

Android 4.2 Packed With New Enhancements, Battery Improvements, Project Roadrunner | GoAndroid

99 comments for "Android 4.2 Packed With New Enhancements, Battery Improvements, Project Roadrunner"

5 years ago '11        #2
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
Project Roadrunner: Running your battery out even faster.
 5 years ago '05        #3
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,087 | Props total: 10767 10767
glad I got a nexus.
 5 years ago '06        #4
JCSIII 72 heat pts72 OP
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
 P-Hill said:
glad I got a nexus.
I kept mine as a backup phone...looks like I'll be powering it up again soon
 5 years ago '04        #5
Explicit 239 heat pts239
space
space
$10,092 | Props total: 2396 2396
Since many of you will likely not upgrade to LG’s oft-rumored Nexus when it drops next month, you probably care more about the version of Android that will ship on it rather than the device itself. According to a massive rumor post today from our buddy Taylor over at Android and Me, the list of new features could be extensive, as the build gets bumped up to Android 4.2 (probably still Jelly Bean).

Customization Center

The next version of Android may include some sort of customization center. The basic idea here, is to give average Android users a centralized place to go to change ringtones, wallpapers, and other settings that in the past, haven’t always been that easy to find. There may also be new “templates” that a user can choose from to quickly change the color scheme or appearance of the UI, including icons.

In bigger news, this may be the location that Google allows OEMs to offer up their custom skin in favor of stock Android. There is a chance in either this version of Android or the next iteration, that users will have a choice between stock and a skin like TouchWiz or Sense. But wait, what about updates? According to this rumor, the device will receive stock Android updates quickly, just like Nexus devices do now. Manufacturers will still be able to update their skin on their own time, but the skinned version of Android may not be accessible until it has been updated. Either that, or the user can wait to update Android until the OEM has their skin ready.

There is a lot going on there, but it could mean big things for those of us that hate skins and like timely updates.

New Google Play

We have always wondered why Google Play hasn’t been forced to the forefront of Android. With Android 4.2, that may change to include notifications for promotional campaigns (optional of course), personalized searches, more billing options, and easier in-app purchases. While I’ve never been a huge fan of advertisements in my notification area, I wouldn’t mind knowing from time to time if there is a sale on products in Google Play.

Google Now

Google Now may receive an update that allows users to ask it for guidance on changing settings on their phone. For example, one could ask Google Now to help adjust volume or brightness or turn Bluetooth on. Rather than solely being a Google Search tool, it could take care of simple device functions as well.

Project Roadrunner

You all remember Project Butter and its focus on improving UI speed, right? According to today’s rumor, there may be another special project named Project Roadrunner which has a focus on improving battery life. Details are scarce, but one of the number one complaints around these parts when it comes to Android has always been poor battery life. Rather than worrying about creating massive batteries in slim shells, Google may be trying to solve the problem on a software front.

Talk about a wealth of info to digest. It’s tough to tell if any of it will come to fruition in Android 4.2, a later version, or at all. Most of it sounds like functionality that will make the experience seamless overall, something I think we can all appreciate.

Anything in particular standing out to you?
SOURCE:

Jesszman said:

Did you even read anything about this supposed "Project Roadrunner"?
 5 years ago '04        #6
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
nobody even has ICS

android updates are a joke at this point

it's disgusting how fragmented it is
 5 years ago '04        #7
mtbatol 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,700 | Props total: 1163 1163
 Jesszman said:
Damn, hate got anti-Android n*ggas running out yelling "fu*k READING"
 5 years ago '04        #8
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
 Liquid-Science said:
nobody even has ICS

are you retarded?
 5 years ago '04        #9
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
 Venom said:
are you retarded?
there's plenty of mofos still running 2.3.x.x.x.x.x.

Android is so fragmented, I'm starting to think about buying an ipad mini when it drops
 5 years ago '05        #10
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,645 | Props total: 13749 13749
So will my battery life go from 1 day to 2 days on my S III with this?
 10-06-2012, 12:39 PM         #11
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid-Science said:
there's plenty of mofos still running 2.3.x.x.x.x.x.

Android is so fragmented, I'm starting to think about buying an ipad mini when it drops
You do realize that most people who have android don't care and don't even know what version of us they have. Hence fragmentation is only something less than 1% of android users care about. And even still if you wanted to you could put ics or jb on your phone
 5 years ago '11        #12
UrbanGAAWD 209 heat pts209
space
space
$7,295 | Props total: 1071 1071
 Liquid-Science said:
nobody even has ICS

No iOS updates are a joke but Andorid updates are available to stock Andorid phones when they come out....if not anything, you can always put a custom rom on androids

And this updates sounds great...I'm trying to see project roadrunner and google now updates because G Now might be one of the best features on a phone I've seen
 5 years ago '06        #13
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,613 | Props total: 8918 8918
what is adobe doing................ -_-
 5 years ago '04        #14
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,569 | Props total: 2714 2714
keep them updates coming Google... fu*k the haters

If you want updates right away, get a nexus
 5 years ago '07        #15
jamega2f 80 heat pts80
space
space
$1,307 | Props total: 31 31
yo this sounds great if its true.....im looking forward to this
 5 years ago '10        #16
purpleaxxe 114 heat pts114
space
space
$1,256 | Props total: 74 74
 fat_boyy21 said:
keep them updates coming Google... fu*k the haters

If you want updates right away, get a nexus
That is one way to get updates earlier; however, there are disadvantages of purchasing a Nexus phone. Nexus phones typically do no have a micro sd card, and the last iteration didn't have the specs of the GS3. I will admit that was Samsung's fault because it did not want the Nexus phone to outshine its upcoming GS3.

Google has the market share and influence to do what Apple did from the beginning: No carrier bloatware or branding. Personally, I think this is the direction in which Google needs to go. Furthermore, Google needs to require manufacturers to have hardware minimums that will allow for at least two OS updates even though Android is an open platform.
 5 years ago '05        #17
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,645 | Props total: 13749 13749
 purpleaxxe said:
That is one way to get updates earlier; however, there are disadvantages of purchasing a Nexus phone. Nexus phones typically do no have a micro sd card, and the last iteration didn't have the specs of the GS3. I will admit that was Samsung's fault because it did not want the Nexus phone to outshine its upcoming GS3.

Google has the market share and influence to do what Apple did from the beginning: No carrier bloatware or branding. Personally, I think this is the direction in which Google needs to go. Furthermore, Google needs to require manufacturers to have hardware minimums that will allow for at least two OS updates even though Android is an open platform.
What Nexus phone has ever been top of the line, hardware wise? They're meant to display software more than anything.
 5 years ago '11        #18
UrbanGAAWD 209 heat pts209
space
space
$7,295 | Props total: 1071 1071
Because a SD slot is such a deal breaker...listen if you have an high end Andorid phone then just root the muthafu*ka then put a custom rom on there...no biggie
 5 years ago '04        #19
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
 Y.G. said:
What Nexus phone has ever been top of the line, hardware wise? They're meant to display software more than anything.
nexus one
 5 years ago '04        #20
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,569 | Props total: 2714 2714
 purpleaxxe said:

the micro sd card slot really isnt a big IF the phone comes with a decent amount of storage..32 gb, 64gb. and there is already a hardware minimum with android. 1 gb of ram, 1 ghz processor and there might be something else.

Y.G. said:
^^^^ This. the galaxy nexus did come with the first 720p screen here in the US if Im not mistaken but you're right about the focus being on the software
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy