Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
260 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #1861
J-Calli 
space
space
$404 | Props total: 0 0
 whodatb1 said:
fu*k it ...... sh*t been on repeat ....im a old n*gga who actually bought reasonable doubt / southernplayalistic/ doggystyle / death certificate / the chronic/ purple tape/ hell even 3 feet high and rising ...... THE DAY THEY CAME OUT ... i know classics ...

this is one of em ... regardless of what it sells ... regardless of what happens ..... n*gga told yall a story with multiple flows and beats ..... this one time where im really on some fu*k yo opinion sh*t .......
Yes sir.

I've given this a thorough 8 or so spins. I was going to say exactly what you said, i know classics. When i bought death Certificate i knew instantly, same with Doggystyle et al.

This album is fu*kin amazing. Its been a long time since i have seen interludes used to such great effect, it ties everything together. Funny as hell too "its his answerphone you dam fool!". The story, HIS story, may not been unique in itselft but thats the point. The way he portrays it and delivers it certainly is. Only other album i can think of like this is I would say Sticky Fingaz's black trash. But this is certainly more "real".

His mums message to him was to give back to the community ... best way to do it is by telling your story and inspiring the masses. He's certainly tried to do that.

Back boy fly.....
 5 years ago '05        #1862
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 J-Calli said:
Yes sir.

I've given this a thorough 8 or so spins. I was going to say exactly what you said, i know classics. When i bought death Certificate i knew instantly, same with Doggystyle et al.

This album is fu*kin amazing. Its been a long time since i have seen interludes used to such great effect, it ties everything together. Funny as hell too "its his answerphone you dam fool!". The story, HIS story, may not been unique in itselft but thats the point. The way he portrays it and delivers it certainly is. Only other album i can think of like this is I would say Sticky Fingaz's black trash. But this is certainly more "real".

His mums message to him was to give back to the community ... best way to do it is by telling your story and inspiring the masses. He's certainly tried to do that.

Back boy fly.....
I think it is kind of unique though. It's not a story just about life in the ghetto, lots of rappers do that and use tons of cliches. But this is about a guy who isn't part of the violent side of things but is still influenced by them. It shows how someone's surroundings can really influence them even if they don't fully take part in what's going on around them. I don't think anyone in rap is telling a story like this, and I think the album is even more amazing because of that. It's a big reason why I say it's an instant classic.
 5 years ago '11        #1863
Norcal 78 heat pts78 OP
space
space
$11,814 | Props total: 1196 1196
Just drove back home and put Money Trees on repeat for like 20 minutes

ya bish
 5 years ago '07        #1864
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
Kendrick Lamar with the ZZ Top reference

just downloaded the album, gonna play it all morning

look for that hot topic review from the one and only later in the day
 5 years ago '07        #1865
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
looking through these pages though

these BX kids i swear and the hype fever

pressing play now
 5 years ago '07        #1866
darrius 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,059 | Props total: 411 411
So this album should be platinum easy!
 5 years ago '04        #1867
Monoblock 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,457 | Props total: 1290 1290
People better go out and support this when it drops. Kendrick and hip hop deserves it. Haven't been moved by an album like this since A Peice Of Strange.
 5 years ago '04        #1868
freepeezee 
space
space
space
$257 | Props total: 20 20
 norcal925 said:
Just drove back home and put Money Trees on repeat for like 20 minutes

ya bish

hot sauce in our top ramen

ya bish
 5 years ago '11        #1869
Ant O 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,871 | Props total: 5219 5219
Had to come back in here mayne.....this is one of the most well put together debut albums ive heard in forever.....got damn

Top two when im home alone or im riding out

Bottom when i have a bi*ch ova.....all in heavy rotation

Last edited by Ant O; 10-19-2012 at 06:40 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #1870
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,115 | Props total: 11381 11381
 whodatb1 said:
fu*k it ...... sh*t been on repeat ....im a old n*gga who actually bought reasonable doubt / southernplayalistic/ doggystyle / death certificate / the chronic/ purple tape/ hell even 3 feet high and rising ...... THE DAY THEY CAME OUT ... i know classics ...

this is one of em ... regardless of what it sells ... regardless of what happens ..... n*gga told yall a story with multiple flows and beats ..... this one time where im really on some fu*k yo opinion sh*t .......
nobody bought reasonable doubt when it dropped, but cool if you like the album like that.

just cause of this im gonna listen again, cuz I had Doggystyle, The Chronic, Atliens, Wu Tang, MATW, etc.... they day it came out, and this aint that.

But to be fair, the youngsters need a classic, and if they deem this one, then so be it.
 5 years ago '07        #1871
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66
listened to it a few times more now, the story, cutting off, starting again, the interludes, voice mail...
this album is actually a masterpiece, whens the last time a really thought out album was put out? Each song could be singled out and they're great songs, but when put together in the sequence its something serious. The album has surprisingly lived up to the hype.
 5 years ago '04        #1872
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,565 | Props total: 2423 2423
Still haven't listened. Just gonna wait for my copy to come in on Monday....and because Collect Calls isn't out yet and I want to hear the album in its entirety.
 5 years ago '05        #1873
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 clipse_designz said:
listened to it a few times more now, the story, cutting off, starting again, the interludes, voice mail...
this album is actually a masterpiece, whens the last time a really thought out album was put out? Each song could be singled out and they're great songs, but when put together in the sequence its something serious. The album has surprisingly lived up to the hype.
That's the thing some people aren't putting together. It's not about, "what's your favourite songs?" I mean, sure, you can do that, but the album is actually best if you take it together as one collective story, and that's incredible. Even 4evanaday wasn't that cohesive (or personal). In a time when music is more and more disposable and albums where you NEED to listen front to back are dying out, Kendrick dropped THIS sh*t. God damn.

NBA Brawler said:
Still haven't listened. Just gonna wait for my copy to come in on Monday....and because Collect Calls isn't out yet and I want to hear the album in its entirety.
Collect Calls ain't part of the album in its entirety, it's a bonus song, so I'd go ahead and download, enjoy this sh*t, and then cop and support. I'm copping one for me and a few for the family.
 5 years ago '04        #1874
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,565 | Props total: 2423 2423
 Vancouver said:
Collect Calls ain't part of the album in its entirety, it's a bonus song, so I'd go ahead and download, enjoy this sh*t, and then cop and support. I'm copping one for me and a few for the family.
I want all the bonus tracks before I listen(except for Swimming Pools since the extended version is on the album already)

And already copped it. Preordered a hard copy from Amazon
 5 years ago '06        #1875
acAWN 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,644 | Props total: 179 179
i listened to this sh*t twice at work yesterday and i have to say this sh*t is section 80 x5. all the beats were good and the story was great. but i kind of got confused with the story by the way it was sequenced
 5 years ago '04        #1876
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
 44wade said:
nobody bought reasonable doubt when it dropped, but cool if you like the album like that.

just cause of this im gonna listen again, cuz I had Doggystyle, The Chronic, Atliens, Wu Tang, MATW, etc.... they day it came out, and this aint that.

But to be fair, the youngsters need a classic, and if they deem this one, then so be it.
i bought it... and how did it go gold then fukkboy? you tellin me people weren't listening to aint no n!gga? stop actin like you know everything

anyway... back to this album... its a good album, not a fan yet but this is a good album

good kid track is craaaaazy
 5 years ago '09        #1877
59fifty 
space
space
$22,682 | Props total: 10146 10146
Finally took a break fr dis n threw on dat new freeway...dat sh*t goes too
 5 years ago '10        #1878
VeX 
space
space
$3,718 | Props total: 43 43
Section 80 > GKMC
 5 years ago '04        #1879
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
$16,551 | Props total: 2656 2656
One of the illest parts to me is when His mom left the voicemail saying that someone from TDE called

and wants him to come to the studio. Then she goes on to say, "Use your voice and your story to give

back and up lift." Then the song that immediately follows is Compton and the vibe and tone of that

song is like Kendrick making it out and coming of age. Almost to say...."Im here now"
 5 years ago '04        #1880
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
$16,551 | Props total: 2656 2656
 Crookz said:
My laptop getting fixed so i cant dl this.... I'm on my iPhone and itunes still ain't put this out yet
Better do yourself a favor and get iDownloader bruh
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
78 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
191 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
215 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
58 comments
24 hours ago