Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid, m.A.A.d City [Discussion Thread]

most viewed right now
yall seen this bi-ch fu-king yet? my word!
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Finished my 18 years of child support
211 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Big Gipp Exposes What REALLY Happened Between Pimp C & Master P Forcing P TO L..
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kanye West - Love Everyone [COVER]
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1841
bkid 137 heat pts137
space
space
$9,707 | Props total: 5954 5954
best album of the year, period.

sh*t... one of the best album released in the last years
 6 years ago '05        #1842
classicgstyle 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,029 | Props total: 8 8
 clipse_designz said:
Although I will say this, if a rapper came out of nowhere and dropped this album everyone would be hailing it a classic, but because its kendrick and it had so much hype people will always hate on it.
 6 years ago '08        #1843
Illuminati 248 heat pts248
space
space
$40,535 | Props total: 12959 12959
 bkid said:
best album of the year, period.

sh*t... one of the best album released in the last years
Of course bro. The sh*t was on classic status the minute it hit the net.
 6 years ago '06        #1844
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$9,277 | Props total: 4772 4772
 South Side said:
I'm familiar with the first half of the story Kendrick tells, it isn't anything new.
And thats the whole point... if your not reflecting on life while listening to this album.. then your live a charmed ...blessed life.

We shouldn't be familiar with anything on the album... im sure our creator didn't have those plans for us. ... one of those.. reevaluate your life albums.

when that collect calls track drops tho...
 6 years ago '04        #1845
RoyceDa59 244 heat pts244
space
space
$15,158 | Props total: 5580 5580
 HeruDat said:
can't stop replaying. thats one thing a lot of these so-called classics yall proclaim, they have little replay-ability. this sh*t is immaculate.
Not only that, I'm still playing it right now making it the 8th time I've played it today, and my favorite song keeps changing each spin.
 6 years ago '11        #1846
Ant O 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,922 | Props total: 7628 7628
Classic imo

Idk which 1 i like more this album or that baby face k!lla lol
 6 years ago '06        #1847
latereg6 41 heat pts41
space
space
$3,014 | Props total: 1187 1187
Aye who is the female singing along to most of the hooks on this...I like her tone
 6 years ago '09        #1848
59fifty 
space
space
$25,144 | Props total: 13378 13378
 Ant O said:
Classic imo

Idk which 1 i like more this album or that baby face k!lla lol
Respect bfk was flawless too..atm i gotta give it to gkmc
 6 years ago '07        #1849
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,253 | Props total: 1637 1637
 HeruDat said:
can't stop replaying. thats one thing a lot of these so-called classics yall proclaim, they have little replay-ability. this sh*t is immaculate.
yo its going on 24 hrs...been playing this sh*t round the clock..aint get around to cabin fever or trap god yet....but they said I was wildin in my thread for calling it an instant classic...sh*t trumps 99% of the sh*t I heard in the past 5 or 6 years

I muthafu*kin went to sleep to this sh*t last night and mind u theres no cartoon and cereal on this which makes it even more crazier cus I thought he was gonna need that track to maintain a classic tracklist
 6 years ago '04        #1850
kenoe212004 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,815 | Props total: 5047 5047
this album is raw............
 6 years ago '06        #1851
LABoy83 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,031 | Props total: 1835 1835
album is cold as hell

give it some time before yall call it a classic

the term is thrown around too much
 6 years ago '06        #1852
latereg6 41 heat pts41
space
space
$3,014 | Props total: 1187 1187
"I'll probably live longer than you and never fade away
I'll never fade away, I'll never fade away"

"The one in front of the gun lives forever....."

6 years ago '05        #1855
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 whodatb1 said:
fu*k it ...... sh*t been on repeat ....im a old n*gga who actually bought reasonable doubt / southernplayalistic/ doggystyle / death certificate / the chronic/ purple tape/ hell even 3 feet high and rising ...... THE DAY THEY CAME OUT ... i know classics ...

this is one of em ... regardless of what it sells ... regardless of what happens ..... n*gga told yall a story with multiple flows and beats ..... this one time where im really on some fu*k yo opinion sh*t .......
That's what I'm saying, too. I'm not 16 years old, I listened to the classics from the 90s when they came out and were classics. I know what a classic sounds like, this is it.
 6 years ago '11        #1856
Loso Luciano24 227 heat pts227
space
space
$14,486 | Props total: 8382 8382

Im sorry!
 6 years ago '12        #1857
Phuck Yiu 34 heat pts34
space
space
$7,616 | Props total: 11251 11251
Anyone know who the girl singing on money trees was? (btw jay rock snapped on that)
 6 years ago '09        #1858
Teddy Loc 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 234 234
This album is very dope in all levels!!!!
 6 years ago '07        #1859
J-Calli 
space
space
$404 | Props total: 0 0
 whodatb1 said:
fu*k it ...... sh*t been on repeat ....im a old n*gga who actually bought reasonable doubt / southernplayalistic/ doggystyle / death certificate / the chronic/ purple tape/ hell even 3 feet high and rising ...... THE DAY THEY CAME OUT ... i know classics ...

this is one of em ... regardless of what it sells ... regardless of what happens ..... n*gga told yall a story with multiple flows and beats ..... this one time where im really on some fu*k yo opinion sh*t .......
Yes sir.

I've given this a thorough 8 or so spins. I was going to say exactly what you said, i know classics. When i bought death Certificate i knew instantly, same with Doggystyle et al.

This album is fu*kin amazing. Its been a long time since i have seen interludes used to such great effect, it ties everything together. Funny as hell too "its his answerphone you dam fool!". The story, HIS story, may not been unique in itselft but thats the point. The way he portrays it and delivers it certainly is. Only other album i can think of like this is I would say Sticky Fingaz's black trash. But this is certainly more "real".

His mums message to him was to give back to the community ... best way to do it is by telling your story and inspiring the masses. He's certainly tried to do that.

Back boy fly.....
 6 years ago '05        #1860
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 J-Calli said:
Yes sir.

I've given this a thorough 8 or so spins. I was going to say exactly what you said, i know classics. When i bought death Certificate i knew instantly, same with Doggystyle et al.

This album is fu*kin amazing. Its been a long time since i have seen interludes used to such great effect, it ties everything together. Funny as hell too "its his answerphone you dam fool!". The story, HIS story, may not been unique in itselft but thats the point. The way he portrays it and delivers it certainly is. Only other album i can think of like this is I would say Sticky Fingaz's black trash. But this is certainly more "real".

His mums message to him was to give back to the community ... best way to do it is by telling your story and inspiring the masses. He's certainly tried to do that.

Back boy fly.....
I think it is kind of unique though. It's not a story just about life in the ghetto, lots of rappers do that and use tons of cliches. But this is about a guy who isn't part of the violent side of things but is still influenced by them. It shows how someone's surroundings can really influence them even if they don't fully take part in what's going on around them. I don't think anyone in rap is telling a story like this, and I think the album is even more amazing because of that. It's a big reason why I say it's an instant classic.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This guy slaps your girls ass... wyd
105 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Cable customer forced oral sex on repairman:
134 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now