2012 Presidential Election discussion thread (Obama vs Romney)

most viewed right now
 101
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 84
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
79 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 80
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 62
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
135 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 10-05-2012, 01:56 AM         #381
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For noverum:

 5 years ago '12        #382
noverum 
space
avatar space
space
$2,876 | Props total: 1654 1654
 Kadillac87 said:
The government has three branches of government. If the constitution is threatened, it's through the conjoined acts of the Supreme Court, Congress, and the President, not just one man.

Who introduced the legislation for the Patriot Act? Who upheld the Patriot Act? Bush did it all by himself?

If the constitution is threatened, then the constitution has already failed by failure to enact checks and balance.

Most of the people who voted for Patriot Act in Congress are still there. Most of the judges who upheld the law are still there. But you're trying to make the claim that Obama alone is the threat? As if he can fu*k over the constitution without the willingly consent of others.

So according to you, I shouldn't vote at all because every elected official played a role in violating my rights.
No, you vote against, universally - and make yourself heard. At the local, state and federal level the voice needs to be heard. Every senator and congressman is subject to the democratic process and liable for his/her actions.

The constitution isn't invulnerable to corruption when there is overwhelming pressure to undermine its integrity, but if people stop focusing on ideology and start focusing on critical constitutional philosophy, then those in public office will listen as is their nature in their desire for self-preservation. Those who don't listen, must go - always.

If you can find a candidate that campaigns for your personal political ideology while simultaneously respecting and championing the principles that matter most, then vote for that person. If you can't, prioritise the long-term well-being of the Republic ahead of ideas that sway back and forth over the course of time. Tax rates can be changed within a term, bills can be written within a term; but restoring a withering constitution is not so easy to do.


We have ended up where we are with a senate and a congress that favour state over citizen because, until recently, few knew or cared about the injustices against intrinsic American doctrines; and worse, many of us supported the behaviour of our government representatives out of fear and desperation, as they tore away our rights.

The defiance of and contempt for constitutional law under Obama's presidency extends from trivial issues to major ones; from small violations like unlawful extensions of terms for government agency directors, to bills written and pushed through congress that have shifted the power dynamic in favour of the state at the expense of the citizen.
If Bush had been burnt at the stake after having had the Patriot Act written and passed through congress under his supervision, Obama would not have been so bold. Voting him back in now will only further cement a flagrant disregard for the rights of man in Washington.


Last edited by noverum; 10-05-2012 at 02:01 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #383
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
avatar space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19982 19982
 canesin2099 said:
Dumb a.ss mofofs college tuiiton is up at all time rate. Obama aint doint shti. Im drunk as fk, obama dumb as fk, what the difference, nada. GO CANESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
@ this moron


Last edited by Ham Rove; 10-05-2012 at 02:14 AM..
 10-05-2012, 03:01 AM         #384
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lol @ everything I said in my post just materializing before my eyes.
Just a bunch of whiny a.ss, gerber baby a.ss mafuhkas in this country.
I'll paypal a stack deadass to the first one of you to bumbrush the white house on some V for Vendetta sh*t. Lol
 5 years ago '11        #385
Trolling 64 heat pts64
space
avatar space
space
$1,947 | Props total: 56 56

[pic - click to view]

 5 years ago '07        #386
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
avatar space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19982 19982
 ManWithoutFear! said:
Lol @ everything I said in my post just materializing before my eyes.
Just a bunch of whiny a.ss, gerber baby a.ss mafuhkas in this country.
I'll paypal a stack deadass to the first one of you to bumbrush the white house on some V for Vendetta sh*t. Lol
bringing that Fed heat to boxden. Ronnie wont like that sh*t
 10-05-2012, 04:27 AM         #387
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 noverum said:
No, you vote against, universally - and make yourself heard. At the local, state and federal level the voice needs to be heard. Every senator and congressman is subject to the democratic process and liable for his/her actions.

The constitution isn't invulnerable to corruption when there is overwhelming pressure to undermine its integrity, but if people stop focusing on ideology and start focusing on critical constitutional philosophy, then those in public office will listen as is their nature in their desire for self-preservation. Those who don't listen, must go - always.

If you can find a candidate that campaigns for your personal political ideology while simultaneously respecting and championing the principles that matter most, then vote for that person. If you can't, prioritise the long-term well-being of the Republic ahead of ideas that sway back and forth over the course of time. Tax rates can be changed within a term, bills can be written within a term; but restoring a withering constitution is not so easy to do.


We have ended up where we are with a senate and a congress that favour state over citizen because, until recently, few knew or cared about the injustices against intrinsic American doctrines; and worse, many of us supported the behaviour of our government representatives out of fear and desperation, as they tore away our rights.

The defiance of and contempt for constitutional law under Obama's presidency extends from trivial issues to major ones; from small violations like unlawful extensions of terms for government agency directors, to bills written and pushed through congress that have shifted the power dynamic in favour of the state at the expense of the citizen.
If Bush had been burnt at the stake after having had the Patriot Act written and passed through congress under his supervision, Obama would not have been so bold. Voting him back in now will only further cement a flagrant disregard for the rights of man in Washington.


Bush even had the audacity to call the Constitution, "Just a piece of paper." Obama has been just as rampant in his refusal to follow "the piece of paper." It's obviously not just them alone, but their entire administration and the Judicial branch and Congress letting them do it. That's where the checks and balances are supposed to come in. Unfortunately, It's likely they've all been bought out to shut up and let the Executive branch do whatever they want. The terrorist attacks were just what they needed. When there's fear in the people watch them hand out their freedom for "safety."
 5 years ago '07        #388
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
avatar space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19982 19982

[video - click to view]

 5 years ago '06        #389
~ KiLLa KaZi ~ 
space
space
space
$4,865 | Props total: 97 97
 Got Cheeve? said:


Bush even had the audacity to call the Constitution, "Just a piece of paper." Obama has been just as rampant in his refusal to follow "the piece of paper." It's obviously not just them alone, but their entire administration and the Judicial branch and Congress letting them do it. That's where the checks and balances are supposed to come in. Unfortunately, It's likely they've all been bought out to shut up and let the Executive branch do whatever they want. The terrorist attacks were just what they needed. When there's fear in the people watch them hand out their freedom for "safety."
yup! just wait...Israel gon hit us again with some nasty pretty soon...there will be another "war"
 5 years ago '04        #390
Drich1998 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$970 | Props total: 45 45
Plotiics are screwed. All those opposing Romney on bx don't really even have an arguement that is based on fact. Romney isn't cutting jobs. There is no basis for that argument. My guess is the majority opposing him are in that 47% that want free crap. Free crap Obama promises to give them. We're in for it no matter what. I'm not saying Romney is the answer, because he's not. But he's the lesser of two evils.
 5 years ago '07        #391
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
avatar space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19982 19982
 Drich1998 said:
Plotiics are screwed. All those opposing Romney on bx don't really even have an arguement that is based on fact. Romney isn't cutting jobs. There is no basis for that argument. My guess is the majority opposing him are in that 47% that want free crap. Free crap Obama promises to give them. We're in for it no matter what. I'm not saying Romney is the answer, because he's not. But he's the lesser of two evils.
@ this idiot. Those 47 percent who want "free sh*t" include veterans, the elderly, retired people (who have paid taxes all their lives) and students. Not to mention, this many people don't pay taxes, thanks to REPUBLICAN POLICIES. Specifically The Earned Income Tax Credit. Which was proposed by the holy one, Ronald Reagan. Heres what he said about it. “The Earned Income Tax Credit is the best anti-poverty, the best pro-family, the best job creation measure to come out of Congress.”
I have A LOT of arguments against Romney, so lext time don't go lumping people together, and get your facts.
 5 years ago '04        #392
Drich1998 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$970 | Props total: 45 45
Best written statement I've heard on bx yet.

 noverum said:
No, you vote against, universally - and make yourself heard. At the local, state and federal level the voice needs to be heard. Every senator and congressman is subject to the democratic process and liable for his/her actions.

The constitution isn't invulnerable to corruption when there is overwhelming pressure to undermine its integrity, but if people stop focusing on ideology and start focusing on critical constitutional philosophy, then those in public office will listen as is their nature in their desire for self-preservation. Those who don't listen, must go - always.

If you can find a candidate that campaigns for your personal political ideology while simultaneously respecting and championing the principles that matter most, then vote for that person. If you can't, prioritise the long-term well-being of the Republic ahead of ideas that sway back and forth over the course of time. Tax rates can be changed within a term, bills can be written within a term; but restoring a withering constitution is not so easy to do.




We have ended up where we are with a senate and a congress that favour state over citizen because, until recently, few knew or cared about the injustices against intrinsic American doctrines; and worse, many of us supported the behaviour of our government representatives out of fear and desperation, as they tore away our rights.

The defiance of and contempt for constitutional law under Obama's presidency extends from trivial issues to major ones; from small violations like unlawful extensions of terms for government agency directors, to bills written and pushed through congress that have shifted the power dynamic in favour of the state at the expense of the citizen.
If Bush had been burnt at the stake after having had the Patriot Act written and passed through congress under his supervision, Obama would not have been so bold. Voting him back in now will only further cement a flagrant disregard for the rights of man in Washington.
 5 years ago '06        #393
vinceisallin 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$6,842 | Props total: 1755 1755
Lol at all these morons. Obama isn't the answer and Romney isnt he sh*t either. This Obamacare, and all the taxes that are attached will screw alOt of hard workers. Watch and see, a lot of people will lose insurance bc it's going to be to expensive for small employers. Most people on here prolly dont even know if they don't have insurance they will be required to pay extra taxes every year, rather they even go to the hospital
 5 years ago '08        #394
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,872 | Props total: 723 723
 canesin2099 said:
Dumb a.ss mofofs college tuiiton is up at all time rate. Obama aint doint shti. Im drunk as fk, obama dumb as fk, what the difference, nada. GO CANESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
 10-05-2012, 09:55 AM         #395
Buttersrugby 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1. All tax is wealth redistribution. So don't go and get caught up when candidates talk about taxing the rich as wealth redistribution when in fact all taxes no matter where they are sourced are just that.

2. Vote. Always vote. Not voting is akin to boycotting, but boycotting doesn't matter in elections. They don't care if they win 10-9 or 10 million to 9,999,999. Vote.

3. The Patriot Act is indeed the craziest thing to be passed in the nearly all of US history as far as a.ssaults on the constitution.

4. Romney lied his whole way through that Debate, and that bothered me. He will get the John Kerry "Flip Flopper" treatment now that he's on record flipping on the biggest stage. Should be interesting.

5. Obama looked uninterested. That bothers me. Just because he's the incumbent doesn't mean you can look at your feet for 60 minutes, look somewhat lethargic, and lack the tenacity needed to detail your plans and make your stands.

6. Romney needs to lose the smirk. It's going to bite him.
 5 years ago '11        #396
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 Got Cheeve? said:
You know I wrote that in my post right? I was guessing that was Obama's answer but here's why that plan has a hole. Where are the jobs after that kid finishes school?... See what I mean? Making millionaires won't help the middle class, period. It helps the government... get richer... and pay extra bonuses to themselves. Y'all getting fooled. They're using jealously to make a cash grab.
My bad. I just saw how OBama is going to help the middle class. The jobs are there, it just depends on what degree you get. People be going to expensive liberal arts school, paying 50K a year for a journalism degree and then wonder why they can't get jobs.
 10-05-2012, 10:05 AM         #397
Buttersrugby 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
My bad. I just saw how OBama is going to help the middle class. The jobs are there, it just depends on what degree you get. People be going to expensive liberal arts school, paying 50K a year for a journalism degree and then wonder why they can't get jobs.
This is why vocational and technical training schools are an important part of the economy and creating an educated and highly skilled workforce.
 10-05-2012, 10:22 AM         #398
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NoTitleSince73 said:

 5 years ago '11        #399
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 noverum said:
No, you vote against, universally - and make yourself heard. At the local, state and federal level the voice needs to be heard. Every senator and congressman is subject to the democratic process and liable for his/her actions.

The constitution isn't invulnerable to corruption when there is overwhelming pressure to undermine its integrity, but if people stop focusing on ideology and start focusing on critical constitutional philosophy, then those in public office will listen as is their nature in their desire for self-preservation. Those who don't listen, must go - always.

If you can find a candidate that campaigns for your personal political ideology while simultaneously respecting and championing the principles that matter most, then vote for that person. If you can't, prioritise the long-term well-being of the Republic ahead of ideas that sway back and forth over the course of time. Tax rates can be changed within a term, bills can be written within a term; but restoring a withering constitution is not so easy to do.


We have ended up where we are with a senate and a congress that favour state over citizen because, until recently, few knew or cared about the injustices against intrinsic American doctrines; and worse, many of us supported the behaviour of our government representatives out of fear and desperation, as they tore away our rights.

The defiance of and contempt for constitutional law under Obama's presidency extends from trivial issues to major ones; from small violations like unlawful extensions of terms for government agency directors, to bills written and pushed through congress that have shifted the power dynamic in favour of the state at the expense of the citizen.
If Bush had been burnt at the stake after having had the Patriot Act written and passed through congress under his supervision, Obama would not have been so bold. Voting him back in now will only further cement a flagrant disregard for the rights of man in Washington.

Who's campaigning on repealing the Patriot Act? You say Obama is raping the constitution but I don't see Romney saying repeal the Patriot Act. All I see is him saying repeal Obamacare.

Let's get Ron Paul on the ballot so he can legalize weed and repeal the Patriot Act.

I could care less about the Patriot Act to be honest when civil injustices are still going on. So I can be stopped and frisk in NYC just because I'm a minority? I can be racially profiled just because I'm a minority? I can have laws passed to stop me from voting just because I'm a minority?

So the government can put crack in the hoods, then persecute the violators to make more profits for prison? But hey, that's not threatening the constitution right?

 5 years ago '12        #400
seanie 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$1,100 | Props total: 83 83
Mitt is a Mormon but he ain't got no hoes. Suspect
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 49
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
152 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 22
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 18
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 13
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
96 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 6
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
50 comments
1 day ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy