2012 Presidential Election discussion thread (Obama vs Romney)

most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
65 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
18 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #341
bi0 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,596 | Props total: 1153 1153
Ronmey flip flopping as usual yeah he is a impressive speaker but he is a business man all business man/con artist sound good to get your money then thats when sh*t hits the fan and he is no longer accepting your phone calls.

Ronmey ain't even standing up for the polices his party is supporting in the debate he just swindling the american people in to thinking big business has the peoples best interest when they don't.

Yeah Obama drained 90 billion in clean energy but thats only cause he was some what elected to find alternative energy and OIL tycoons aren't gonna let that happen.

Yeah people wanted to see Obama wash Ronmey in the debate and make this one sided but Ronmey is a Educated Rich Yuppie who already thinks low of poor and people of color so i knew for a fact obama wasn't gonna just take the debate that easy.

He needs to really start calling Ronmey on his Lies and Policies
And Ronmey which i know he won't do is stand up for his Polices in which his party endorsed him for!
 5 years ago '05        #342
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,885 | Props total: 8410 8410
 canesin2099 said:
Geezus, I give up with you people. So, what happened when that bubble crashed and people dealt with high taxes? You really prove my point, when things are good, you raise taxes, that spurs growth sure, because the growth is already there and people don't mind paying the extra tax, but when that bubble busted, people were left with losses and taxes on top of that.

Obama talks math. Yeah lets do that. Take 10 million new jobs, multiply that by that 40000, and divide it by 40%. How much revenue does that create?
homie...none of what you said changes the fact that taxes is revenue.

you said

canesin2099 said:
It was the revenue created by the business that created wealth, not the taxes. We still had a deficit just so you know.
well thats simple isnt true, taxes clearly have something to do with it because its money coming in

and let me say, im not one to say raise the taxes on the rich, but what you said is an inaccuracy no matter how you try to word it
 10-04-2012, 06:29 PM         #343
illmatix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Romney was impressive.

IMO he had a better understanding of exactly what is going on and had ideas for how to fix it.

Obama seemed to generalize way too much. The status quo isn't good enough. You can't just say "i'm going to continue to work hard." Especially when you're hard work hasn't gotten us anywhere as of yet.

Looking forward to the next debate.
 10-04-2012, 06:59 PM         #344
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 foshomoney said:
I just think Obama was calm and collected and Mitt was acting like gunplay at the hiphop awards. He ethered Romney at the end and no one speaks on it.

this is what I saw at the debate too
Mind posting the vid of that ether because I might have interpreted it wrong but I don't think it was an ether.
 5 years ago '07        #345
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,234 | Props total: 20028 20028
 illmatix said:
Romney was impressive.

IMO he had a better understanding of exactly what is going on and had ideas for how to fix it.

Obama seemed to generalize way too much. The status quo isn't good enough. You can't just say "i'm going to continue to work hard." Especially when you're hard work hasn't gotten us anywhere as of yet.

Looking forward to the next debate.
lol @ obama was the one who generalized. Obama was specific, Romney was the one speaking with Abstract ideas.
 10-04-2012, 08:17 PM         #346
R3KT915 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ha damn there was a debate ehh whatever...none of em gonna change sh*t any way so not watching and no fu*ks given except to comment then keep it moving
 5 years ago '11        #347
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6666 6666
 NoTitleSince73 said:
lol @ obama was the one who generalized. Obama was specific, Romney was the one speaking with Abstract ideas.
"I'm going to repeal Obamacare"

"Which parts"

"I'm going to keep the good stuff"

5 years ago '04        #348
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,813 | Props total: 1480 1480
Romney basically just told everyone what they wanted to hear. You want free money. Everyone gets free money. You want all the good stuff in OBAMACARE. I will take all the bad stuff out and give you the good stuff.
 5 years ago '11        #349
space
space
 thatruest said:
Elections will matter once we have an educated voters system.

You're right, elections don't matter. Even Al Gore would have invaded Iraq on falsified documents.
 5 years ago '11        #350
space
space
 thatruest said:
Hence, until we have an educated voters system. Smartass.
What yo want them to be educated on? Is there a way to predict who will ignore terrorist threats in order to invade a country that didn't have anything to do with it? Are you proposing a crystal ball?

Last edited by Kadillac87; 10-04-2012 at 08:56 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #351
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,872 | Props total: 723 723
whether you agree or disagree with his stances, romney won this 1st debate.

round 2...
 5 years ago '11        #352
gyro 2 heat pts
space
space
$45 | Props total: 0 0
I think the Obama campaign has seen Romney make himself look stupid the past 2 months, and they were expecting him to do the same here so they did not go on the attack in hopes that he'd tear himself down. Didn't work out.

Also, Romney has been debating all year, Obama has not been in a debate in 4 years...By the 3rd debate, Obama will be back to form and Romney will have been fact checked to death....
 5 years ago '11        #353
space
space
 thatruest said:
It controls biases. Have a multiple choice screening the potential voter as to what the actual policies the candidate represents. Honestly, this has gotten far too ridiculous. Do you know how many people are going to do the whole skin color crap again?

It's 2012, & we're still on that. As if the biggest battle on this planet isn't Upper class vs Lower class. They keep giving us reasons to distrust one another. You may want to read into the Bacon's Rebellion, 100 years prior to the American Revolution. They don't want a sequel to that action.
Again, how would an educated system have prevented the invasion of Iraq?
 5 years ago '11        #354
space
space
 thatruest said:
Not having one didn't. What would it hurt?
The fact is, you said elections won't matter without educated voters system. That is false. As we see in 2000, no educated voters system and that election mattered very much. Not saying that the terrorist attacks wouldn't have happen under Gore, but we know for a fact that Gore wasn't looking for a reason to invade Iraq prior to the attacks.

An educated voter system sounds nice, but you're still left with the same problem. How are you're going to ensure that those policies are enacted?
 10-04-2012, 09:33 PM         #355
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
The fact is, you said elections won't matter without educated voters system. That is false. As we see in 2000, no educated voters system and that election mattered very much. Not saying that the terrorist attacks wouldn't have happen under Gore, but we know for a fact that Gore wasn't looking for a reason to invade Iraq prior to the attacks.

An educated voter system sounds nice, but you're still left with the same problem. How are you're going to ensure that those policies are enacted?
Voting in individuals that the public believe will coincide with their beliefs. A more educated populace will know about the hidden agenda and the undercover corruption that the government tries to envoke with this dumb down population. A lot more political riots, massive fundamental changes within the construct of society and complete change of how the media portrays its material will allow politicians to up their act and follow the rights of the people.
 10-04-2012, 09:35 PM         #356
illmatix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NoTitleSince73 said:
I've heard that opinion, but I didn't see it that way.
 5 years ago '11        #357
space
space
 Darkdrone said:
Voting in individuals that the public believe will coincide with their beliefs. A more educated populace will know about the hidden agenda and the undercover corruption that the government tries to envoke with this dumb down population. A lot more political riots, massive fundamental changes within the construct of society and complete change of how the media portrays its material will allow politicians to up their act and follow the rights of the people.
That's how the Tea Party movement started. That's working out well. We're not going to compromise because the people voted us here.

And the media is controlled by corporation buying ads. None of that will change how they cover stories.

Last edited by Kadillac87; 10-04-2012 at 09:40 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #358
space
space
 illmatix said:
What loopholes will Romney close?

What will Romney replace Obamacare with after he repeals?
 5 years ago '07        #359
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,234 | Props total: 20028 20028
 illmatix said:
These are facts, not opinions. Romney attacks specifics in Obama's record (Obamacare, Dodd Frank etc) and then says this week "Oh i'll repeal and replace them". Whats he gonna replace them with? No one knows since this is the first time hes said much of this. Cause before it was "dodd-frank and obamacare are big gov! and ill repeal them the first day!" Now its a very, very different tune. He spent his entire campaign going to the right, now at the first debate we get to see Moderate Mitt from Mass again.
Remember this?

[video - click to view]

Seems like we saw the etch a sketch shaken last night

Here is he saying he will repeal it (followed by a few minutes of flat out lies)

[video - click to view]

and here is a few weeks later

[video - click to view]

oh well we'll replace it.
You show me a key issue to Romney, and I'll show you him taking both sides of the argument. And his line about the "biggest kiss to the banks" is also hilarious, considering his top 8 donors. are all BANKS.

heres a video for sh*ts and giggles

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Ham Rove; 10-04-2012 at 09:54 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #360
Jae_Mike 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,387 | Props total: 1062 1062
 NoTitleSince73 said:
yeah the PBS budget will save SOOO much money.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
16 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy