2012 Presidential Election discussion thread (Obama vs Romney)

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
47 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #321
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 canesin2099 said:
So you slurpers don't care about glass steagal and NAFTA. I mean that had more to do with our economic demise than any tax you want to bring up.
As a Romney backer, why would you say lack of regulation and free trade agreement caused the economic demise when Romney's whole plan is to enact free trade agreements and roll back regulations?

10-04-2012, 04:20 PM         #322
canesin2099 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
Tell me how I'm wrong. When Reagan first came into office, he followed the Republican model. Cut taxes for the job creators and the economy flourished right? WRONG. It didn't flourish until he raised taxes. The policy of cutting taxes for the job creators doesn't work. Show me where it has worked. I admit, I mispoke about H.W. Bush. He raised taxes in a compromise. And many people credit the 1990 Budget Enforcement Act of revenue increase and spending cuts for one of the major reasons for Clinton's economy.
You are twisting history and I would guess you are under 25 years of age. He raised taxes after the growth happened, which is exactly what Clinton did. Nobody has a problem with that when growth is happening. More jobs means more revenue period.

SO why did Obama keep Bush's tax rates?? Explain it. Back in Reagan's era we didn't have 47 million people on food stamps, we didn't have an entitled society.
 10-04-2012, 04:27 PM         #323
canesin2099 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
As a Romney backer, why would you say lack of regulation and free trade agreement caused the economic demise when Romney's whole plan is to enact free trade agreements and roll back regulations?

What?? When did I say any of that?? You keep sticking to the same Obama talking points. If you really want to question how GS led to the housing demise, well then, do your homework first. NAFTA started outsourcing at an alarming rate.

Nobody has said we don't need regulations. What you fail to understand is nonsensical regulations k!ll economic growth. When companies have to pay higher wage people to swift through all the laws and regulations the common man loses his job. For every administrator, attorney, or accountant hired, a blue collar man loses his job. I had to do it, and I am still on the fence with what I will do in regards to obamacare. The red tape is astounding.

I'm not a Romney slurper, far from it, but I think he gives a crap. I think he is passionate about helping this country.
 5 years ago '11        #324
space
space
 canesin2099 said:
You are twisting history and I would guess you are under 25 years of age. He raised taxes after the growth happened, which is exactly what Clinton did. Nobody has a problem with that when growth is happening. More jobs means more revenue period.

SO why did Obama keep Bush's tax rates?? Explain it. Back in Reagan's era we didn't have 47 million people on food stamps, we didn't have an entitled society.

And Obama kept Bush's tax rates because of compromise. Oh, how do we forget.

5 years ago '11        #325
space
space
 canesin2099 said:
What?? When did I say any of that?? You keep sticking to the same Obama talking points. If you really want to question how GS led to the housing demise, well then, do your homework first. NAFTA started outsourcing at an alarming rate.

Nobody has said we don't need regulations. What you fail to understand is nonsensical regulations k!ll economic growth. When companies have to pay higher wage people to swift through all the laws and regulations the common man loses his job. For every administrator, attorney, or accountant hired, a blue collar man loses his job. I had to do it, and I am still on the fence with what I will do in regards to obamacare. The red tape is astounding.

I'm not a Romney slurper, far from it, but I think he gives a crap. I think he is passionate about helping this country.
You brought up GS. That was enacted in 1933. So you're saying an act passed in 1933 is the reason why our economy sucks now? Or are you saying when people repealed it is the reason why our economy sucks now?

Help me understand. Looks to me like you're saying free trade acts and the repealing of regulations in place caused this crisis. The samething Romney is planning to do.
 10-04-2012, 04:38 PM         #326
canesin2099 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:

And Obama kept Bush's tax rates because of compromise. Oh, how do we forget.

Cot damn man, you can't even read graphs. You did see what happened in 81 right??
 10-04-2012, 04:43 PM         #327
canesin2099 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
You brought up GS. That was enacted in 1933. So you're saying an act passed in 1933 is the reason why our economy sucks now? Or are you saying when people repealed it is the reason why our economy sucks now?

Help me understand. Looks to me like you're saying free trade acts and the repealing of regulations in place caused this crisis. The samething Romney is planning to do.
GS was expanded upon which our govt does all the time. Take a good thing, change it to fit the norm, run with it, and watch it destroy us. SS, medicare, the list goes on and on. The federal govt takes a solid program, revises it, then ruins it. It lead to the housing crisis which collapsed our economy. Going back to 33??? LMAO, you could have just blamed Reagan. Guess that wasn't in the wikipedia article though. I got it though, no matter what, it was those damn Republicans. Not Frank and Dodd, not failed green projects, not chronie capitalism within the Obama admin, not failed stimulus dollars, that you didn't pay into, not continuing the wars.

I get it. You are a blind homer. Everything is always somebody's fault other than who you support. Slurp on.
 5 years ago '11        #328
space
space
 canesin2099 said:
Cot damn man, you can't even read graphs. You did see what happened in 81 right??
You do know that the Reagan tax cuts weren't passed until August, right? What happened after they were passed? If you are saying 1981 was a success, you are contributing it to Carter.
 5 years ago '11        #329
space
space
 canesin2099 said:
GS was expanded upon which our govt does all the time. Take a good thing, change it to fit the norm, run with it, and watch it destroy us. SS, medicare, the list goes on and on. The federal govt takes a solid program, revises it, then ruins it. It lead to the housing crisis which collapsed our economy. Going back to 33??? LMAO, you could have just blamed Reagan. Guess that wasn't in the wikipedia article though. I got it though, no matter what, it was those damn Republicans. Not Frank and Dodd, not failed green projects, not chronie capitalism within the Obama admin, not failed stimulus dollars, that you didn't pay into, not continuing the wars.

I get it. You are a blind homer. Everything is always somebody's fault other than who you support. Slurp on.
Well explain to me how it was the expansion and not the "repeal" that caused the crash. I would like to know.
 10-04-2012, 04:59 PM         #330
canesin2099 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
You do know that the Reagan tax cuts weren't passed until August, right? What happened after they were passed? If you are saying 1981 was a success, you are contributing it to Carter.
LOL, you are the ultimate spin master.

It shows that rates were lowered. Economic growth happened, taxes were raised.

You did read the Economic Recovery Act, right?

See you link it to raising taxes, but the growth was spurred because of the tax drops. Even your master said, every economists agrees, you don't raise taxes in the middle of a recession. We were literally in the same spot 30 years ago. They lowered taxes, businesses started, the profit came a couple of years later, which anybody that runs a business understands, then after that the tax hikes came, when the economy was as strong as it had been since WWII, which was because of war, which you all hate as well.

I got a flight to catch, ironically, I will be in Chicago. I will bring you back something if you like. I'm sure they have Obama beenie babies or something.
 5 years ago '11        #331
space
space
 canesin2099 said:

See you link it to raising taxes, but the growth was spurred because of the tax drops. Even your master said, every economists agrees, you don't raise taxes in the middle of a recession. We were literally in the same spot 30 years ago. They lowered taxes, businesses started, the profit came a couple of years later, which anybody that runs a business understands, then after that the tax hikes came, when the economy was as strong as it had been since WWII, which was because of war, which you all hate as well.

I got a flight to catch, ironically, I will be in Chicago. I will bring you back something if you like. I'm sure they have Obama beenie babies or something.

Sorry sir, the facts simply do not match your claim.

10-04-2012, 05:08 PM         #332
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 canesin2099 said:

This dude is on Romney's nuts and its starting to get sickening.

And who asked you about your Chicago flight?
 5 years ago '11        #333
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,857 | Props total: 1454 1454
 Kadillac87 said:
Polls, electoral maps, etc all change depending on who is presenting the information. NYT has the race much closer.

A liberal source is going to say Obama is in winning in a landslide. A right wing source is going to say Romney still can make up the ground.

Well yeah true that's why I call those mock electorial maps b/c every site you go to has something different but most of them have Obama in the lead as of right now anyways. Just by looking at that map you presented, all Obama needs is Ohio & Michigan and he's re-elected. If gets Ohio, Michigan, & Florida (or 2 out of the 3) it's wraps for Romney.

foshomoney said:
How did obama lose?
I just think Obama was just too relaxed in his presentation yesterday and Romney was more agressive. I tuned out that first debate after awhile b/c that was one of the most unorganized debates I've ever watched. From a perception point Obama lost b/c that how most people look at the debates more on style than actual points. It was like Obama didn't really care to be there honestly.

As far as the facts goes...well the majority of folks know that Mitt is full of sh*t when it comes to his "plans" and actual facts. Romney just like to hear himself at this point (I'm convinced) but he never really goes into detail about explaining his ideas or plans.
 10-04-2012, 05:30 PM         #334
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's what irked me about Clinton's speech at the DNC. Said how Bush ended regulations so the banks went Ham then fell on their face. When the whole time Clinton was the guy who repealed Glass-Steagall which was passed after the Great Depression. Bush didn't change it, so he's at fault there, but Clinton ended it first, he has to bear some blame as well.

In regards to Obama's tax the rich more plan to give everyone a fair shot: How in the world is taxing the rich more going to help the middle class? Seriously, I don't get how that's going to work? All it looks like to me is a cash grab by the government. I've seen Obama "no matter what" supporters seriously think they're going to be given money by the government that was taxed away from the rich, like the government is some giant monolithic Robin Hood. That sh*t just blows me away. I always ask them how it's going to help us, the middle class (although I'm more lower middle class.) They can't come up with an answer, and I haven't heard how Obama plans to make that happen either. I'm guessing he'd say they'd use it for more social programs or something? Like put it into education, etc. Like students can even afford college these days anyways? Sounds like a dead end plan. Again, I'm no Republican. Nor am I even regular middle class, I'm lower middle like I said. Just using common sense here.

All I can see is it helps the government get richer. The only logical thing is the gov would use it to pay down the deficit. But then again, that's like giving the kid who just charged an Aston Martin and twelve mansions more money so he can pay off his credit card bill. Will they actually do it? Or continue to use it how they please? As our government has shown in the past, they'll likely use it how they want, not how it should be. But again, this does absolutely nothing to help out specifically the middle class. When I first heard Obama say that months back I just had to hit him with the:

[pic - click to view]

10-04-2012, 05:35 PM         #335
sflm 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #336
Trolling 64 heat pts64
space
space
$1,947 | Props total: 56 56
if the elections take place today
obezzy has a 97% chance of winning .

5 years ago '05        #337
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,896 | Props total: 30112 30112
Ehh Obama giving n*ggas food stamps free health stimulus packages n sh*t
And housing. No one off those racist a.ss conservatie republicans
 5 years ago '07        #338
Pedro505 1 heat pts
space
space
$503 | Props total: 2 2

[pic - click to view]

10-04-2012, 05:53 PM         #339
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dun Language said:
Ehh Obama giving n*ggas food stamps free health stimulus packages n sh*t
And housing. No one off those racist a.ss conservatie republicans
Speak English bruh.

5 years ago '11        #340
space
space
 Got Cheeve? said:
That's what irked me about Clinton's speech at the DNC. Said how Bush ended regulations so the banks went Ham then fell on their face. When the whole time Clinton was the guy who repealed Glass-Steagall which was passed after the Great Depression. Bush didn't change it, so he's at fault there, but Clinton ended it first, he has to bear some blame as well.

In regards to Obama's tax the rich more plan to give everyone a fair shot: How in the world is taxing the rich more going to help the middle class? Seriously, I don't get how that's going to work? All it looks like to me is a cash grab by the government. I've seen Obama "no matter what" supporters seriously think they're going to be given money by the government that was taxed away from the rich, like the government is some giant monolithic Robin Hood. That sh*t just blows me away. I always ask them how it's going to help us, the middle class (although I'm more lower middle class.) They can't come up with an answer, and I haven't heard how Obama plans to make that happen either. I'm guessing he'd say they'd use it for more social programs or something? Like put it into education, etc. Like students can even afford college these days anyways? Sounds like a dead end plan. Again, I'm no Republican. Nor am I even regular middle class, I'm lower middle like I said. Just using common sense here.

All I can see is it helps the government get richer. The only logical thing is the gov would use it to pay down the deficit. But then again, that's like giving the kid who just charged an Aston Martin and twelve mansions more money so he can pay off his credit card bill. Will they actually do it? Or continue to use it how they please? As our government has shown in the past, they'll likely use it how they want, not how it should be. But again, this does absolutely nothing to help out specifically the middle class. When I first heard Obama say that months back I just had to hit him with the:

[pic - click to view]

The logic is govt can use higher revenue to help with social programs and making colleges more affordable. Investing in education is helping the middle class
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
37 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
71 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago