Shaq Says He'd Take Brook Lopez Over D12

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
230 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Boose just dropped album of the year with Boopac :chuuch:
40 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #1
5700 pageviews
103 comments

Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,890 | Props total: 21139 21139
Shaq Says He'd Take Brook Lopez Over D12

[pic - click to view]

Shaq: Lopez better than D-12

By Mike Mazzeo | ESPNNewYork.com

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Shaquille O'Neal doesn't just think Andrew Bynum is better than Dwight Howard.

He'd also take Brook Lopez over D-12 ... a.ssuming he can remember the Nets center's name.

Here's what O'Neal had to say when asked his opinion on who is the best big man in the NBA during a roundtable discussion with fellow TNT analysts posted on NBA.com last week:

"We as players, we always watch people before us. When I came in it was Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon, guys who played like true centers who played inside. What we have now are centers that are going to the European style, which is a lot of pick-and-roll. Dwight Howard, who's a pick-and-roll player, some people say he's the best center in the league, but me being an old-school center, I'm going to go with Robin Lopez and Andrew Bynum because they play with their back to the basket."

O'Neal is later asked if he meant Brook Lopez, not his twin brother, Robin.

"Brook. Same thing. They're brothers."

(imageimage)

For the record, Brook Lopez has averaged 17.4 points per game during his career. As for Robin? 5.8 points per game.

O'Neal then continues his argument in favor of Lopez:

"Listen to what I'm saying. I'm not talking about dunking, I'm talking about playing like a big man with the moves. My man, before he had the foot injury, was putting up nice, solid big man numbers. He don't have a lot of flash, a la Tim Duncan, but he can play. If you put him with a nice team around him, you can get a lot from this big man. Like if you want to go to go to flash and dunking and the pick and roll, you gotta go with Dwight Howard. But me, the last true original dundaughta (slang for big timer), I'm going with Andrew Bynum and which Lopez? Brook. Brook Lopez."

Shaq made headlines last season when he claimed Bynum was better than Howard during a TNT broadcast.

He has been highly complementary of Lopez before, saying the Nets center reminds him of Duncan.

"Classy guy," O'Neal said, referring to Lopez. "You'll never hear about him getting in trouble. Great moves, great composure, and you're really not going to faze him. A couple guys will probably try to rough him up, but that's not going to faze him. Good player. Good player."

[pic - click to view]

Shaq: Lopez better than D-12 - Brooklyn Nets Blog - ESPN New York

103 comments for "Shaq Says He'd Take Brook Lopez Over D12"

5 years ago '06        #2
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
Two totally different styles of play. DWight is bouncier and that allows him to play with more tenacity. He's quicker, more agile, and is miles better than both Lopez and Andrew on the defensive end. Those two are throwback big men...

DWight is a hybrid.
 5 years ago '11        #3
does any 1 care 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,653 | Props total: 419 419
Damn Shaq really hates D12 this much
 5 years ago '05        #4
MATIX 
space
space
$7,988 | Props total: 70 70
robin lopez >> d12

shaqs an idiot
 10-03-2012, 04:17 PM         #5
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hood135 said:
Two totally different styles of play. DWight is bouncier and that allows him to play with more tenacity. He's quicker, more agile, and is miles better than both Lopez and Andrew on the defensive end. Those two are throwback big men...

DWight is a hybrid.
What is hybrid about Dwight Howard's game? Brook Lopez is more hybrid than Howard.
 5 years ago '12        #6
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,762 | Props total: 22144 22144
Shaq Lawst.
 5 years ago '11        #7
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,072 | Props total: 313 313
 5 years ago '05        #8
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,883 | Props total: 8407 8407
his explanation was pretty on point, lopez offensive game is a lot better than dwights. but dwight is a great force on defense so it kind of evens out
 5 years ago '06        #9
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 billieskeet said:
What is hybrid about Dwight Howard's game? Brook Lopez is more hybrid than Howard.
His speed, agility, athleticism, and strength at the 5 spot. We haven't seen many like him. Last year, he expanded his game more by facing up and shooting over the top.

Brook is great because he doesn't make many mistakes and he's as fundamentally sound as it gets. But he's not effecting the game (on both ends of the floor) at the level that DWight does yet.

At the end of the day, two different playing styles, two different body types, and two different approaches to the game.

It can swing either way depending on what you deem most important. Me, I'm going with DWight because he's flat out dominant...all of the time.
 10-03-2012, 04:30 PM         #10
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hood135 said:
His speed, agility, athleticism, and strength at the 5 spot. We haven't seen many like him. Last year, he expanded his game more by facing up and shooting over the top.

Brook is great because he doesn't make many mistakes and he's as fundamentally sound as it gets. But he's not effecting the game (on both ends of the floor) at the level that DWight does yet.

At the end of the day, two different playing styles, two different body types, and two different approaches to the game.

It can swing either way depending on what you deem most important. Me, I'm going with DWight because he's flat out dominant...all of the time.
Physically I get what you're saying. But as far as his game, it's pretty plain. I personally would rather have Dwight and let the scoring come from a wing spot primarily.
 5 years ago '05        #11
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,922 | Props total: 30309 30309
Dwight is cool and all but I agree with shaq

Bynum and Lopez on offense >>>>

And Bynum is going to have a great defensive season
But if Dwight gets a ring ppl will over rate

but Andrew gorilla balls bynum is still the best big man in the nba to me
 5 years ago '12        #12
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
He salty at Superman 2.0
 5 years ago '06        #13
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
his explanation was pretty on point, lopez offensive game is a lot better than dwights. but dwight is a great force on defense so it kind of evens out
Lopez has more moves just like Andrew had more moves but nobodies ever stopped DWight's two or three moves yet plus he puts the ball in the hole at a higher clip and most of the time, he's sh*tting on people while doing it so I don't really get that.

Saying Brook is more skilled may fly but him being better offensively, I don't know.
 10-03-2012, 04:36 PM         #14
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 0ddJoB said:
DMC>> Lopez

D12>> DMC

but that prob gonna change during the season. dmc gonna be the best center
this...
 5 years ago '04        #15
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,666 | Props total: 328 328
I wanna see what D.Will can do for Brook in a full season.

In 12 games together Brook is doing 24/7/3

Its crazy in 2 years they've only played 12 games together.
 5 years ago '09        #16
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,082 | Props total: 22526 22526
brook got more moves but I'm still taking howard easy. I need my big man to rebound, but he lucky cause he got the original kardashian who likes to do that dirty work plus g-force. he still has to commit himself to at least pretending to put in effort on the glass for me though
 10-03-2012, 04:47 PM         #17
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmao he's a fu*kin hater and troll
 5 years ago '04        #18
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,078 | Props total: 4425 4425
 0ddJoB said:
DMC>> Lopez

D12>> DMC

but that prob gonna change during the season. dmc gonna be the best center
 10-03-2012, 04:49 PM         #19
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nets Won

Knicks Lost
 5 years ago '11        #20
Kobane 163 heat pts163
space
space
$15,105 | Props total: 2320 2320
i can taste the sodium from shaq quotes
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
23 hours ago