Joe Theismann says Tony Romo is just not that good of a QB

most viewed right now
 118
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 74
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 58
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 57
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 10-03-2012, 06:52 PM         #81
Cowboys All Day  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dblockallday said:
worst run game in the league is another stat you can use. also as a giants fan that watched the games the eyeball test showed how horrible they were. we simply could not run the ball and eli was running for his life on nearly every pass attempt.
Fair enough, but unless you eyeball tested all other teams it's just an opinion. Again not trying to be a d!ck lol, just sayin. The NYG Oline damn sure wasnt great but I don't think they were as close to the bottom as you think.

Either way, yall got the ring , nobody takin anything away from that.
 10-03-2012, 06:53 PM         #82
Cowboys All Day  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Switchc2390 said:
Very fair a.ssessment.

The difference is Romo tries to make WAY more plays with his feet which don't usually end well. Eli when it's crunch time does throw up some prayers but he doesn't usually extend a play longer than it should and throw a completely ill advised pass right into the defenders arms. I mean this is sh*t Romo has been doing for years..Eli does fu*k up in some crunch situations as well, but it isn't nearly as often.
Yeah I can dig that, Eli is really good @ knowing when sh*t just aint gonna work out. Romo plays a lot of hero ball, I've been sayin if he can just fix that sh*t and make the smart throw rather than the hero throw he'd easily be nationally regarded as top 6-7.

Eli rises in the clutch, there isn't a stat for that, but everyone knows it, he's shown it time and time again. That's why I can't fu*k with cowboys fans who say romo > eli.


Last edited by Cowboys All Day; 10-03-2012 at 06:58 PM..
 10-03-2012, 06:56 PM         #83
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Where is your eye test for the Eagles offensive line . Them motherfu*kers suck and your insane to think other wise. The only reason they ever look half decent is because of the speed they have on offense that the defense has to account for.
 10-03-2012, 06:58 PM         #84
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cowboys All Day said:
Yeah I can dig that, Eli is really good @ knowing when sh*t just aint gonna work out. Romo plays a lot of hero ball.
This isn't true at all. Eli consistently tries to make plays and ends up turning the ball over. All of this Romo 5 INTs in one game talk has people ignoring that Eli has always turned the ball over more then Romo.
 10-03-2012, 06:58 PM         #85
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Joe Theismann is just one of those guys who over sensationalizes everything.
 10-03-2012, 06:59 PM         #86
Cowboys All Day  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -BigC- said:
This isn't true at all. Eli consistently tries to make plays and ends up turning the ball over. All of this Romo 5 INTs in one game talk has people ignoring that Eli has always turned the ball over more then Romo.
Over the course of the entire season yes, but you know damn well if you had money on a game you'd want the ball in Eli's hands over Romo's in a 2 minute drill. I will defend Romo the best I can but the truth is when he gets to the big stage he tends to have poor decision making. It happens to a lot of guys, if he could just fine tune some minor sh*t he could easily be a SB caliber QB, he has the majority of what it takes down. Great arm, great accuracy, great attitude, just HAS to work on his decision making and know what throws are worth it.

The WR core needs to get fine tuned as well, they looked sloppy as fu*k. Hard to lead your team to victory when not one player on the field is on the same page.


Last edited by Cowboys All Day; 10-03-2012 at 07:02 PM..
 10-03-2012, 07:01 PM         #87
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Romo was right behind Eli in 4th quarter stats last year .

I would want the Giants defense and coaching staff. But that goes beyond the 2 minute drill as well.
 5 years ago '11        #88
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1469 1469
I agree Romo is average QB at best but when the game is on the line he always finds ways to choke. I still remember that playoff game w/Seattle years ago when they could have won that game but fu*ked up.
 5 years ago '05        #89
dblockallday 
space
avatar space
space
$8,820 | Props total: 1526 1526
 Cowboys All Day said:
Fair enough, but unless you eyeball tested all other teams it's just an opinion. Again not trying to be a d!ck lol, just sayin. The NYG Oline damn sure wasnt great but I don't think they were as close to the bottom as you think.

Either way, yall got the ring , nobody takin anything away from that.
worst pass protecting o-line + last in rushing yards per game and per attempt...

the only reason i mentioned it was you said you can't win a ring with a bad line which is exactly what the giants did last year. obviously it's not ideal and i agree ordinarily the o-line is essential to a teams success. i would trade some of our skill position players to have an elite o-line. i believe a great qb can pick apart a defense if they have time even if they don't have great skill position players. running the ball and protecting the qb is a formula for success but aparently it's hard to find good o-lineman...
 10-03-2012, 07:05 PM         #90
Cowboys All Day  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -BigC- said:
Romo was right behind Eli in 4th quarter stats last year .

I would want the Giants defense and coaching staff. But that goes beyond the 2 minute drill as well.
Like I said, there is no stat for clutch... Eli is a k!ller, stop making me sell Eli to you I don't fu*king like it ( I hate that dumbface fool) but you're being unreasonable if you say you'd rather have Romo with everything on the line.

I'm not sayin it's always gotta be like that, just needs to clean it up and it could be 50/50


Last edited by Cowboys All Day; 10-03-2012 at 07:07 PM..
 10-03-2012, 07:05 PM         #91
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Giants were not the worst pass protecting oline last year, that site is full of sh*t.
 10-03-2012, 07:06 PM         #92
Cowboys All Day  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dblockallday said:
worst pass protecting o-line + last in rushing yards per game and per attempt...

the only reason i mentioned it was you said you can't win a ring with a bad line which is exactly what the giants did last year. obviously it's not ideal and i agree ordinarily the o-line is essential to a teams success. i would trade some of our skill position players to have an elite o-line. i believe a great qb can pick apart a defense if they have time even if they don't have great skill position players. running the ball and protecting the qb is a formula for success but aparently it's hard to find good o-lineman...


I fu*kin guess man, they are all hibernating or somethin... Bears fans know how we feel right now though, only difference is their D can literally win them the game right now.
 5 years ago '05        #93
dblockallday 
space
avatar space
space
$8,820 | Props total: 1526 1526
 -BigC- said:
Where is your eye test for the Eagles offensive line . Them motherfu*kers suck and your insane to think other wise. The only reason they ever look half decent is because of the speed they have on offense that the defense has to account for.
i've watched the eagles games this year besides the ravens game. countless times the defense will get edge pressure and instead of stepping up in the pocket vick tries to flush out and outrun the pressure to the edge and ends up getting sacked. a lot of it has to do with vick having zero ability to read a blitz or set the protections. they still have one of the best guards in the league and a very good right tackle.
 10-03-2012, 07:08 PM         #94
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  




sh*t even the same site
 5 years ago '05        #95
dblockallday 
space
avatar space
space
$8,820 | Props total: 1526 1526
bleacher report? you cant be serious.

that rotworld ranking was a projection of the best lines before the season even began.

epic fail on your part.
 10-03-2012, 07:17 PM         #96
Cowboys All Day  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dblockallday said:
bleacher report? you cant be serious.

that rotworld ranking was a projection of the best lines before the season even began.

epic fail on your part.
What makes bleacher report less credible?

Anyways who really gives a fu*k about 2011 , let's not waste more energy squabblin about it. Bottom line is 99% of the time without a solid O line it is damn near impossible to do well, it takes extraordinary talent from the rest of the team to be successful with a sh*t o line, I'm sure we can all agree on that.
 10-03-2012, 07:19 PM         #97
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And you ignore the site that you listed? They have the Giants as the 6th best pass protecting team for 2011.
 5 years ago '09        #98
sinceretx 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$386 | Props total: 194 194
 eLLz said:
our #1 Receiver has been here three fu*king years and doesn't know the play book. Our offensive line is also atrocious. everyone overstates our offensive talent.


Our second reciever (Austin) is a undrafted player who hasn't done sh*t since we've paid him!
 5 years ago '05        #99
dblockallday 
space
avatar space
space
$8,820 | Props total: 1526 1526
 Cowboys All Day said:
What makes bleacher report less credible?

Anyways who really gives a fu*k about 2011 , let's not waste more energy squabblin about it. Bottom line is 99% of the time without a solid O line it is damn near impossible to do well, it takes extraordinary talent from the rest of the team to be successful with a sh*t o line, I'm sure we can all agree on that.
anyone can post an article on bleacher report. i could post an article on there listing the 10 best nba teams and have the knicks first and the heat 10th. there is no credibility or accountability on that site whatsoever.

i agree that the o-line is essential. the past 3 or 4 drafts i was hoping the giants would get a stud o-lineman in the first couple rounds. at least your boys got 1 in tyron smith.
 5 years ago '05        #100
dblockallday 
space
avatar space
space
$8,820 | Props total: 1526 1526
 -BigC- said:
And you ignore the site that you listed? They have the Giants as the 6th best pass protecting team for 2011.
dude stop trolling the site i cited was profootballfocus

edit: the site you listed based pass protection on sacks which is a horrible indication of how well they pass protect. eli has great pocket awareness and gets rid of the ball before taking a sack most of the time which is why he tends to throw picks. that was always a big criticism people had of eli, instead of taking a sack he would just chuck the ball up for grabs.

ranking o-lines based on sacks given up is not a good way to grade an o-line. if you have a gun shy qb that holds the ball forever of course they will get sacked a lot. eli is anything but gunshy he gets rid of the ball on time and has some of the best pocket awareness in the league.


Last edited by dblockallday; 10-03-2012 at 07:27 PM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 38
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 16
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
126 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 12
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 11
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
347 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy