Lolo Jones tweets insensitive message to paralyzed football player

most viewed right now
 Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 NCAAF Georgia LB Natrez Patrick was arrested for this amount of weed
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
202 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
96 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
11509 pageviews
108 comments

nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
Lolo Jones tweets insensitive message to paralyzed football player

American hurdler Lolo Jones received an unusual, lighthearted request on her Twitter page recently. "Want to race me," read the note from Eric LeGrand, the inspirational Rutgers football player who was paralyzed in a 2010 game.

Jones had never heard of LeGrand or looked at his avatar, which features a picture of him sitting in a wheelchair, and wrote back, "get checked for a concussion. clearly u've been hit in the head... cos u arent beating a track athlete."

Olympian Lolo Jones basically just talked smack to a man in a wheelchair.

It was that sort of quick-trigger, unfunny messaging that got Lolo into hot water the last time she sent a thoughtless tweet.

Back in July, Lolo suggested Americans would start performing better at the Olympics when "da Gun shootin competition" started. That tweet came eight days after one of the worst gun massacres in United States history at a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises.

Neither tweet was, by itself, intentionally insensitive. Lolo didn't know LeGrand was paralyzed, nor is it fair to think she was talking about a crazed gunman winning medals in "da Gun shootin competition."

It was the the timing, reaction and the lack of awareness of one's surroundings that made them cringe-worthy tweets. Lolo doing little to put out her fires didn't help the cause either. Rather than saying something politically correct like "I'm sorry for the victims of the shooting and didn't intend any reference," she went on the defensive and acted like everyone else was wrong for making a.ssumptions about her tweet. Perception meant nothing.

It's the same thing with LeGrand. When Lolo found out LeGrand is a quadrapalegic, her first instinct was to whine about how much hate mail she was going to get for the tweet. There were no public apologies forthcoming. It took a personal message from LeGrand to start communication. He said he didn't take anything personal and understands.

"Thx, Lolo wrote back. "Getting trashed by tons of ppl glad ur not one of em."

[pic - click to view]

Lolo Jones tweets insensitive message to paralyzed football player | The Journal News | LoHud.com | lohud.com

imageimage wasnt this the same bi-ch complaining that ppl were trashing her for not medaling?

108 comments for "Lolo Jones tweets insensitive message to paralyzed football player"

5 years ago '10        #2
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,157 | Props total: 15699 15699
this chick is crazy
 5 years ago '07        #3
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
Nas better step away from this chick or else the L's will start up again. She has issues.....its like she can never own up to her mistakes, she is never wrong.
 5 years ago '06        #4
nightmare 429 heat pts429 OP
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 wtr1906 said:
Nas better step away from this chick or else the L's will start up again. She has issues.....its like she can never own up to her mistakes, she is never wrong.
yea basically, she always acts like the victim, even she was the one full of sh*t, and honestly the way she reacted to his joke tweet was pretty smug and arrogant even if he wasnt paralyzed
 5 years ago '10        #5
space
space
 wtr1906 said:
exactly, she only thinks of herself. All she had to do was say sorry, but instead she made it about her "Getting trashed by tons of ppl glad ur not one of em".

this n*gga is in a fkn wheelchair for taking a hit, the exact same sh*t she just joked about. Its like she is blind or some sh*t

im mean id still smash no question, but id have to smash wit the :ohhellnonas: face
 5 years ago '08        #6
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,807 | Props total: 9126 9126
She's on hgh look at the size of this creatures jaw
 5 years ago '12        #7
MischiefTooReal 139 heat pts139
space
space
$11,578 | Props total: 5036 5036
Wow, what a bi*ch. Doesn't matter if she heard of dude or not. I mean dude is in a wheelchair, obviously dude was joking.

She's still bitter from 2008 and 2012 w/ her no medal having a.ss.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #8
M 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,182 | Props total: 5308 5308
 nightmare said:
yea basically, she always acts like the victim, even she was the one full of sh*t, and honestly the way she reacted to his joke tweet was pretty smug and arrogant even if he wasnt paralyzed
same thing I was thinking, either way she came off as a total bi*ch
 5 years ago '10        #9
quan3106 88 heat pts88
space
space
$9,223 | Props total: 11104 11104
Overrated loser bi*ch...
 5 years ago '07        #10
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 wtr1906 said:
so wait...nas is trying to get at lolo?
 5 years ago '07        #11
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6144 6144
This bi*ch is so full of herself. Regardless of him being paralyzed, to respond to him like that was cold as fu*k. She's smug as hell for someone with no olympic medals.
 5 years ago '07        #12
space
space
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
This bi*ch is so full of herself. Regardless of him being paralyzed, to respond to him like that was cold as fu*k. She's smug as hell for someone with no olympic medals.
gotta agree with this
 5 years ago '05        #13
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,883 | Props total: 8407 8407
 KiddMischief said:
Wow, what a bi*ch. Doesn't matter if she heard of dude or not. I mean dude is in a wheelchair, obviously dude was joking.

She's still bitter from 2008 and 2012 w/ her no medal having a.ss.

[pic - click to view]

its not obvious if she never heard of dude...so of course that matters
 5 years ago '08        #14
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,766 | Props total: 12262 12262
fu*k twitter....she had no clue who dude is yet she bout to get raked over the coal for talkn sh*t to basically a n*gga with a computer...who just happenes to be paralyzed.
 5 years ago '12        #15
MischiefTooReal 139 heat pts139
space
space
$11,578 | Props total: 5036 5036
 StateProperty88 said:
It doesn't matter if she heard of dude or not. Not a smart comment to make to anyone who's disabled. His avatar on twitter clearly shows he's in a wheelchair.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by MischiefTooReal; 10-03-2012 at 09:41 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #16
space
space
she also made light of the concussion headlines that have been popular in football the last year because she knew he was a football player
 5 years ago '09        #17
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12364 12364
I can't fault her on this one. She gets so many tweets a day I'm sure and probably didnt realize what dudes situation was. Her twitter account compared to the ones of regular people is vastly different. While some of you can look at specific tweets and avys she gets thousands a second and can't do that right away.

Oh yeah, let's stop with the check his avy pic first bi*ch comments because everybody on the net uses their real pic on their avy. I am not one to usually defend this chick but I understand her on this one.
 5 years ago '04        #18
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
Lolo Jones stay losing
 5 years ago '10        #19
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
that wasnt the part i had an issue wit. I can understand that part bc she didnt know him, but once she became aware instead of apologizing she made it about herself and played the victim role.
 5 years ago '05        #20
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,883 | Props total: 8407 8407
 KiddMischief said:
It doesn't matter if she heard of dude or not. Not a smart comment to make to anyone who's disabled. His avatar on twitter clearly shows he's in a wheelchair.

[pic - click to view]

but she didnt know he was disabled , that clearly matters
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
85 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
41 comments
19 hours ago