Reactions From Athletes To ESPN 30 For 30 Broke Documentary

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
23 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #21
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
Surprised Chad Johnson wasnt on there
 5 years ago '12        #22
JBAL NY 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,563 | Props total: 1786 1786
 monrowe said:
It's funny some of those guys are ones u r expecting to fu*k it up.. U know Mike Vick was cool cus he didn't seem to hurt with going to the bing
mike vick is still paying off debt
 5 years ago '07        #23
24/7foamz 
space
space
$14,794 | Props total: 446 446
corey webster bum a.ss should be watching film on what ever no name browns reciever gonna burn his corny a.ss this sunday instead of this 30 for 30
 5 years ago '07        #24
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,620 | Props total: 3261 3261
Definitely without a doubt the worst 30 for 30
 5 years ago '07        #25
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,836 | Props total: 4815 4815
 torious said:
Would you classify that as an inaccurate depiction of reality tho? Not tryin to start a race war just sayin.. one of the main themes was that the behavior was somewhat a product of the inner city environments the cats grew up in. Unfortunate circumstances, they had Salisbury and Mostar but I'd say for every two instances like those there's prolly as many n*ggas who gon they the same sh*t as they interviewed in the movie. U saw the list scrolled at the end.
u gotta understand tha psycology of america and its a media.when u think of broke athlete,tha 1st thing u gonna a.ssociate it wit is somebody black.it was all kinds of headlines and articles on antione walker,meanwhile i didnt see on dan marino when he went broke this year.ive seen headlines on black athletes who are reported broke,but none on tha whites

[video - click to view]

watch this documentary and tell me u wouldnt feel different

i would classify it as a big part of tha problem that helps perpetuate these stereo types.im pretty sure more of america knows jose canseco,dan marino,lenny dykstra,and arnold palmer,than they know antoine walker.they are always tryin to ostracize black athletes.
 5 years ago '06        #26
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,832 | Props total: 2 2
Vilma the god got cake!

5 years ago '11        #27
royman04 18 heat pts18
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 4580 4580
 shadymilkman said:
No they were like

"Good thing that won't be me... I'll stunt for a lil bit then get my money right"

5 years ago '07        #28
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Delonte had the best Ones cant get them now but ill try toin a little, or just look it up
 5 years ago '04        #29
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,884 | Props total: 2942 2942
arian foster >>>>>

smart dude
 5 years ago '08        #30
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
Wilson Chandler ‏@wilsonchandler

Oh my God everybody watches 30 for 30 and is good with money all of a sudden.
n*ggas making $40K a year, charging $5,000 TVs and probably got $80K in student loans. but now they're on their high horses

not to mention, this country itself is broke

Last edited by Dee Grande; 10-03-2012 at 08:07 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #31
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,153 | Props total: 15686 15686
Arian Foster ‏@ArianFoster

Nope didn't see it. RT @MrSavarino1868: I hope @ArianFoster watched 30 for 30 tonight and learns to spend his new contract wisely

Believe it or not there are people who educate themselves before the television tells you it's an issue.

I agree wit Foster. If it took a damn ESPN 30 for 30 doc for you to understand how to take care of your money then you already lost smh. There shouldnt be anything learned from this doc. I didnt even watch more than 15 min of it bc i already knew everything they was gonna say. Same reason n*ggas wit money go broke, family, bad investments, and retarded spending.
 10-03-2012, 08:14 AM         #32
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
need link.. now.
 5 years ago '10        #33
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,495 | Props total: 9785 9785
 e G o Maniac said:
Dwight Howard's gay a.ss needs to log off. This n*gga becomes more of a f*ggot every day.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #34
OJ Pimpson 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$13,589 | Props total: 9900 9900
@ ALL THESE GROWN AZZ MEN ARE FOLLOWERS ON TWITTER

Half of em gonna be on the next 30 for 30 broke pt 2
 5 years ago '04        #35
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,992 | Props total: 11789 11789
 r.burgundy said:
u gotta understand tha psycology of america and its a media.when u think of broke athlete,tha 1st thing u gonna a.ssociate it wit is somebody black.it was all kinds of headlines and articles on antione walker,meanwhile i didnt see on dan marino when he went broke this year.ive seen headlines on black athletes who are reported broke,but none on tha whites

watch this documentary and tell me u wouldnt feel different

i would classify it as a big part of tha problem that helps perpetuate these stereo types.im pretty sure more of america knows jose canseco,dan marino,lenny dykstra,and arnold palmer,than they know antoine walker.they are always tryin to ostracize black athletes.
I agree with just about alll of what you said, trust me i know. blacks get a bad name and stereotypes are promoted constantly. Racism's still very much alive and it's not goin anywhere very soon.
I watched the full CNN Anderson Cooper doc on race in schools where they interviewed white and black kids who were 6 and then again the same ones as early teenagers about what their views were on race relations. it was ugly, made my stomach turn

[video - click to view]

that's just like a 5 min clip of what was a 30 or 60 min long special

blame the media all you want but the media is the media. ain't gonna change.

but you stilll didnt reallly answer the question that you bolded from my post, about it being reality
when u think of broke athlete,tha 1st thing u gonna a.ssociate it wit is somebody black.it
why is that?

[pic - click to view]

that's why.

the families, communities, and environment that the kids grow up in ultimately can and should in all cases, have a bigger impact on how the kids end up handling their sh*t than the media does. the proof is in the fact that there's plenty of people who grew up poor in the inner city but got a solid education, upbringing, values. even if they a.ssociated themselves with the wrong people early on in their lives, they had enough sense to know what fiscal responsibility is, and they dont end up blowing millions.. if all this evil was caused because of the media you wouldn't have well raised but underprivileged successful, business savvy people like magic J, jalen rose, arian foster, jon vilma, jamal mashburn, etc. etc. .. the documentary's purpose was to educate n maybe help fix the problem. you can call it shallow and superficial because it portrayed blacks as more likely to be the ones losin money, it's not that far off the truth is it? so it's tough to argue that it's not a microcosm.. stereotypes aren't all 100% made up BS. this was prolly a decent sample size represenation of the races..

a lot of the things you saw in the doc are totally common sense to you, me, some people on bx, desmond howard, and other people who are educated because you work in athletics, have seen, heard about and experienced people getting caught up in this type of stuff (losing their money).. it's not so intuitive to everyone - the (overwhelming majority of the) athlete reactions on twitter proved that. they learned a lot.
and still i guarantee there's a hell of a lot of kids about to enter the pros in football and basketball, white and black, who still don't realize that they're only gonna get 45% of the gross pay in their first paycheck. all we can do is educate ourselves, our kids, and our fellow brothas.

the part that maybe disturbed me the most out of the whole doc was when they were talking about how none of the athletes in the doc shared info or heads up about which investments theyre doing, which ones are scams which to look out for etc. with their fellow athletes. the only ones they were looking out for were themselves and the ones they helped out and protected, provided with money. in the process they ended up putting themselves out on an island, and because they didn't have anyone to lean on or learn from, they ended up getting shafted somehow n*ggas need to start lookin out for one another. the end of the doc was encouraging tho when they said theyve started to, with the rookie finance programs and stuff like that

Last edited by torious; 10-03-2012 at 10:31 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #36
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 e G o Maniac said:
Dwight Howard's gay a.ss needs to log off. This n*gga becomes more of a f*ggot every day.

packer fan with that self ether...didn't even know who his own former player was that helped them out so much

black people can never be true packer fans
 10-03-2012, 09:50 AM         #37
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 torious said:
Would you classify that as an inaccurate depiction of reality tho? Not tryin to start a race war just sayin.. one of the main themes was that the behavior was somewhat a product of the inner city environments the cats grew up in. Unfortunate circumstances, they had Salisbury and Mostar but I'd say for every two instances like those there's prolly as many n*ggas who gon they the same sh*t as they interviewed in the movie. U saw the list scrolled at the end.
Well black folks are the majority in the NFL. Most lack a financial educated background, so the possibility of black folks going broke is greater just on that alone. Not saying other races donít have the same chances. Ours are just greater! 70% to be exact, so you cant blame that on, "The Man"!....the Illuminati maybe!

peep the list...

Kenny Anderson, Wally Backman, Charlie Batch, Bruse Berenyi, Ridd!ck Bowe, Randy Brown, Mark Brunell, Bill Bucker, Jason Caffey, Dale Carter, Jack Clark, Raymond Clayborn, Derrick Coleman, Dermontti Dawson, Jim Dooley, Lenny Dykstra, Luther Elliss, Eddie Edwards, Chris Eubank, Rollie Fingers, Archie Griffin, Ray Guy, Tony Gwynn, Dorothy Hamill, Scott Harrison, Steve Howe, Harmon k!llebrew, Bernie Kosar, Terry Long, Rick Mahorn, Harvey Martin, Deuce McAllister, Darren McCarthy, Denny McLain, Craig Morton, Greg Nettles, Jonny Neumann, Gaylord Perry, John Arne Riise, Andre Rison, Rumeal Robinson, Manny Sanguillen, Warren Sapp, Billy Sims, Leon Spinks, Sheryl Swoopes, Roscoe Tanner, Lawrence Taylor, Duane Thomas, Bryan Trottier, Mike Tyson, Johnny Unitas, Michael Vick, Antoine Walker, Danny White, Ray Williams, and Rick Wise.
 5 years ago '04        #38
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,992 | Props total: 11789 11789
 3rdcoasta said:
Well black folks are the majority in the NFL. Most lack a financial educated background, so the possibility of black folks going broke is greater just on that alone. Not saying other races don’t have the same chances. Ours are just greater! 70% to be exact, so you cant blame that on, "The Man"!....the Illuminati maybe!

peep the list...

Kenny Anderson, Wally Backman, Charlie Batch, Bruse Berenyi, Ridd!ck Bowe, Randy Brown, Mark Brunell, Bill Bucker, Jason Caffey, Dale Carter, Jack Clark, Raymond Clayborn, Derrick Coleman, Dermontti Dawson, Jim Dooley, Lenny Dykstra, Luther Elliss, Eddie Edwards, Chris Eubank, Rollie Fingers, Archie Griffin, Ray Guy, Tony Gwynn, Dorothy Hamill, Scott Harrison, Steve Howe, Harmon k!llebrew, Bernie Kosar, Terry Long, Rick Mahorn, Harvey Martin, Deuce McAllister, Darren McCarthy, Denny McLain, Craig Morton, Greg Nettles, Jonny Neumann, Gaylord Perry, John Arne Riise, Andre Rison, Rumeal Robinson, Manny Sanguillen, Warren Sapp, Billy Sims, Leon Spinks, Sheryl Swoopes, Roscoe Tanner, Lawrence Taylor, Duane Thomas, Bryan Trottier, Mike Tyson, Johnny Unitas, Michael Vick, Antoine Walker, Danny White, Ray Williams, and Rick Wise.
pretty much my point in the last post. it's a problem that everyone is susceptible to, of all races, but it just so happens to be largely a black problem is it coincidence?

what about the fact that there are dozens and dozens of NBA and NFL players whove gone thru it, but only a small handful of golf / hockey players (jagr,, jon daly, and greg norman are the only three i can think of off the top) but maybe the white devil is concealing all of them tho

this is coming from someone with black heritage btw

Last edited by torious; 10-03-2012 at 10:29 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #39
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,052 | Props total: 646 646
 iCON-8 said:
Vilma the god got cake!

Vilma is Actually smart too
Graduated from um with a finance degree

Remember back then they did an exposť on gameday once following him

He was interning at an investment banking firm and he was doing good, they interviewed him asking what he would be doing if he wasn't a football player and said investment banker

Not to mention he ask a successful restaurant in brickell
Jimmy's BBQ

5 years ago '08        #40
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,761 | Props total: 12229 12229

Believe it or not there are people who educate themselves before the television tells you it's an issue.
Trillest post of em all
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
295 comments
1 day ago