Looper Questions (MAJOR SPOILERS!!)

most viewed right now
NBA Wildest Game Stats of the Year so far...?
17 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA NBA GMs vote Wolves star Towns best player to build around - Is it still t..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
22 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
126 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #41
DUCE 141 heat pts141
space
space
$10,551 | Props total: 537 537
 wShh said:

the movie was FULL of paradoxes and non-sense with forced plot points
JGL's face was horribly disturbing too
so many writing troubles, the all "we stay there waiting in the house" was BORING as hell

thought the set up was AMAZING, the dialogues were cool and the visuals were k!llERS

the movie was okay/good, imo, the set up is great but the writing sucked, way too many problems

only 2 loops, ok... but why do they have to k!ll people in 2044? why not in the future and then dispose of the body? because murder in the 2070s IS possible (the banging asian chick was murdered then), also the relationship between kid blue and abe was AWKWARD... damn, also what bruce willis said is a total non sense, the all movie didn't make sense because of this. the simple fact that JGL doesn't k!ll him implies that he doesnt take the gold, he doesn't go all around the world, he doesn't meet the asian chick, the rainmaker never k!lls her, the all scar thing doesn't work either

the cid/joe connection was messed up too

so many things were wrong with the script.

good movie overall, mostly because of the budget and the concept but stop thinking about it over and over again, u'll only find errors and inconsistences

the asian chick getting shot was a blatent accident, and they burned the village as a cover up

and in the second part what are you trying to say? yes that all happened in young joes time line
 5 years ago '11        #42
wShh 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,344 | Props total: 759 759
 cuddyduce said:
the asian chick getting shot was a blatent accident, and they burned the village as a cover up

and in the second part what are you trying to say? yes that all happened in young joes time line
what i'm saying is, exactly like the asian chick, why don't they burn stuffs to cover up murders? or why don't they k!ll people, then send the bodies?

in the second part i'm saying that, the really creation of a second loop makes the first one impossible to ever happen: bruce willis' obcession with the asian chick not getting k!lled again or meeting young joe is a non-sense
 5 years ago '07        #43
pete jr 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,951 | Props total: 1144 1144
Good movie, bad ending
 5 years ago '08        #44
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26 OP
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 256 256
 wShh said:
what i'm saying is, exactly like the asian chick, why don't they burn stuffs to cover up murders? or why don't they k!ll people, then send the bodies?

in the second part i'm saying that, the really creation of a second loop makes the first one impossible to ever happen: bruce willis' obcession with the asian chick not getting k!lled again or meeting young joe is a non-sense
This doesn't make sense... The first loop would have to happen or else there would not be a Bruce Willis character. How else would Joe he get old??
 5 years ago '11        #45
wShh 14 heat pts14
space
space
 popsjenkins said:
This doesn't make sense... The first loop would have to happen or else there would not be a Bruce Willis character. How else would Joe he get old??
i get it, lemme add that:

"the really creation of a second loop makes the first one impossible to ever happen A.G.A.I.N.: bruce willis' obsession with the asian chick not getting k!lled again or meeting young joe is a non-sense"
 5 years ago '08        #46
space
space
Thats very true, but thats the point. Joe's future of meeting the Asian chick happened, now once he was sent back in time 1 of 2 things could happen:

1)Young Joe k!lls old Joe and the future of him meeting the Asian chick happens over and over again in an infinite "loop"

2)Young Joe does not k!ll Old Joe effectively changing the future leading to his death before he gets to become old Joe (the basis of the film).

So while what you are saying is correct, its not a plot inconsistency because that's not what the plot wanted to convey. Old Joe was working under the a.ssumption the he would have limited interaction with young Joe. Joe would still go to China without the gold because of all the silver he saved up (remember, he originally was going to France until Abe told him to go to China), so he would still be able to meet the Asian chick.
 5 years ago '11        #47
wShh 14 heat pts14
space
space
i see what ur saying i just think number 1 is impossible to ever happen again, but i guess that only goes down to what time travel does to a present reality.

u may think that the general "plan" would stay the same while i think the smallest difference really changes everything

anyways, i enjoyed the movie even tough i still don't have any clue about the rainmaker sh*t, why is he closing all the loops? no idea. why did he wait 30 years, then became the bad guy? no idea. once again, in the first loop Cid never meets joe and becomes the rainmaker (still don't know why), so what does the ending change? Young Joe k!lls himself thinking that if old joe k!lls the mother he would change the future but he really does not. #pointless, imo
 5 years ago '09        #48
Polygod 75 heat pts75
space
space
$3,953 | Props total: 1405 1405
Cid becomes the rainmaker because old Joe k!lled his mom thus closing the loops as a vendetta. But all time travel movies have paradoxes and inconsistencies. Because it's all a theory.
 5 years ago '07        #49
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,776 | Props total: 1305 1305
I liked this movie but whenever you deal with timetravel things can get confusing. And the syndicates plans with the loopers is a little overly convoluted. Why do you have to dispose of the body every time you k!ll someone? Whats wrong with just k!lling them and leaving them where they are at? Who cares if anyone finds the body. They're dead anyway. They k!lled the asian chick they should have just k!lled old joe and let him burn with her body. Instead they over complicate things by trying to send him to the past to be k!lled.

Its worth another watch for me me though so maybe ill get something I didnt the first time around.
 5 years ago '09        #50
Polygod 75 heat pts75
space
space
$3,953 | Props total: 1405 1405
 Daville502 said:
I liked this movie but whenever you deal with timetravel things can get confusing. And the syndicates plans with the loopers is a little overly convoluted. Why do you have to dispose of the body every time you k!ll someone? Whats wrong with just k!lling them and leaving them where they are at? Who cares if anyone finds the body. They're dead anyway. They k!lled the asian chick they should have just k!lled old joe and let him burn with her body. Instead they over complicate things by trying to send him to the past to be k!lled.

Its worth another watch for me me though so maybe ill get something I didnt the first time around.
Probably because forensic technology n big brother security makes murder damn near impossible to get away with, but yeah u would think incinerating a body wouldnt be that hard. But who knows, then again all that k!lling joe does during his 30 year retirment and still leading a pretty easy life would a.ssume k.o.ing people aint that big of a deal...fu*k as much as i loved this movie the more we sit here and disect it the stupider it looks.
 10-07-2012, 11:45 PM         #51
mprjxl 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This movie is messing with my brain
Time present and time past are perhaps both present in time future and time future contained in time past.
 10-07-2012, 11:52 PM         #52
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Movie is quite simple.
 10-08-2012, 01:00 PM         #53
knowledge1015 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 popsjenkins said:
I still think there is only 2 loops

1) Young Joe k!lls old Joe and moves to China to eventually become old and transition to loop 2

2) Old Joe gets away and the rest of the movie is shown from that perspective

I think they switch around the time frames though. Old Joe gets away is shown first (even though its the second loop), then we go back in time to the first loop(which is shown second) to see Old Joe die immediately and then we slowly catch back up to the second loop(which is shown third but from old Joe's perspective)

I think the ending hints at another loop where Old Joe k!lls Sarah and Cid becomes the rainmaker, but it's only shown in passing and does not correlate to earlier parts of the movie

I hope that makes sense
 5 years ago '06        #54
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,782 | Props total: 2273 2273
The biggest and worst part of the movie was Old Joe's Asian girlfriend/wife being k!lled. They shouldve explained how they could simply "accidently" k!ll her and cover it up but still they insisted on bagging old Joe and sending him into the past to be k!lled instead of k!lling him right there in the future as well and burning the village. That part of the movie really irks me.
 5 years ago '08        #55
space
space
 modalee said:
The biggest and worst part of the movie was Old Joe's Asian girlfriend/wife being k!lled. They shouldve explained how they could simply "accidently" k!ll her and cover it up but still they insisted on bagging old Joe and sending him into the past to be k!lled instead of k!lling him right there in the future as well and burning the village. That part of the movie really irks me.
Only thing I can think of is that they HAD to send Old Joe back to close the loop with young Joe. They had to end the contract.

I don't think anything drastic would have happened if they didn't but maybe it's a courtesy to let you know the job is finished.
 5 years ago '04        #56
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,974 | Props total: 121 121
thought that movie was good,questions were answered though if u really paid attention.... looks like they left it open for a pt 2 too...
 5 years ago '05        #57
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
 wShh said:
i see what ur saying i just think number 1 is impossible to ever happen again, but i guess that only goes down to what time travel does to a present reality.

u may think that the general "plan" would stay the same while i think the smallest difference really changes everything

anyways, i enjoyed the movie even tough i still don't have any clue about the rainmaker sh*t, why is he closing all the loops? no idea. why did he wait 30 years, then became the bad guy? no idea. once again, in the first loop Cid never meets joe and becomes the rainmaker (still don't know why), so what does the ending change? Young Joe k!lls himself thinking that if old joe k!lls the mother he would change the future but he really does not. #pointless, imo
They explained that he had to take over 5 syndicates to be in charge of looping...and that it would take an army. Clearly he needed time.

And cid became a 'bad guy' because he grew up angry and without love/without a mom. Once Joe comes into their lives, he gets sid to embrace his mom(finally calling her mom at the end)...resulting in him learning to control his power because she can finally raise him. Couple that with the fact that there are now no loopers(since old joe k!lled them all except kid blue) cid gets to grow up for 30 years(until time travel is invented). Once those 30 years are up, the hope that joe had was that sid would be able to use his powers for good(stop looping from ever happening)...essentially closing the loop

I basically see it as:

1st loop) Joe succeeds in k!lling old joe and goes on to live his 30 years, not knowing that he will meet the asian wife...During this time, Sid grows up angry and becomes the rainmaker. Joe sees that they are sending every looper back to die..and he wants to continue living his life...so he gets info on the rainmakers birth.
2nd loop) joe fails to k!ll old joe. Old joe tells young joe to run and basically get out of the looping business...Old Joes hope was that by k!lling the rainmaker, he would let young joe live and meet his future wife, and he would be able to live a long happily ever after life with her...since it was the rainmaker that basically split them up. If Rainmaker never exists, nobody shows up to take joe back and she wouldnt die.

Thats what i took from it all...but i could be way off

Last edited by astroblack9; 10-11-2012 at 06:11 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #58
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
 modalee said:
They said it is harder to dispose of bodies in the future because of tracking or something like that...so, why not only deal with 1 disappearance instead of 2
 5 years ago '06        #59
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4 4
I didn't have a problem with Joe's wife being k!lled. The Rainmaker has taken over, and he's sending all the Loopers back in time to close their loops, that's why he wants to send Old Joe back - even though he ultimately sends himself back. They say that it's impossible to get away with murder in the future, but then that is before all the loopers get sent back to close their loops, ie, before the Rainmaker is fully in power. Once he has closed all the loops, he could theoretically have full power, because he has them out of the way. Once he has full power/dominion/whatever, who's to say he couldn't just allow murders to happen and clean them up?

Basically, I'm saying that once the Rainmaker gets full control over the world or whatever, who's to stop him from allowing murders to take place? It's entirely conceivable that he could just be like "I don't give a fu*k that the Asian lady got k!lled, so there will be no investigation," because who's gonna stop him?

Joe was one of the last, if not the last, loops he had to close.

This is all just my take on her murder anyways. Great movie either way, I didn't have any problems with inconsistencies/plot holes.
 5 years ago '04        #60
hedake 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$5,632 | Props total: 9976 9976
wack....but had potential.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
19 hours ago