Looper Questions (MAJOR SPOILERS!!)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
64 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
97 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
9 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #21
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
I thought about the whole Joe being an older Sid possibility, but its one thing that refutes that.. Sid gets shot in the face.. If Joe and Sid were the same person, when Sid got shot in the face, both Young Joe and Old Joe face should have had a scar.. Also the whole Joe not having any TK powers or anything..

Last edited by Nu Tymez; 10-02-2012 at 10:57 AM..
 10-02-2012, 11:03 AM         #22
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nu Tymez said:
I thought about the whole Joe being an older Sid possibility, but its one thing that refutes that.. Sid gets shot in the face.. If Joe and Sid were the same person, when Sid got shot in the face, both Young Joe and Old Joe face should have had a scar.. Also the whole Joe not having any TK powers or anything..
 5 years ago '08        #23
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26 OP
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 256 256
 Nu Tymez said:
I didn't put to much into that but I came across the question while looking at some other things and figured I'd pose it here.

There is also a theory that Joe could be Cid's father but I can't see how that would work
 5 years ago '04        #24
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
I dunno... What I am about to try to convey may not make much sense, but I am going to try to explain what I think.. In the original loop, Young Joe k!lls Old Joe.. In the second loop Old Joe gets away and later k!lls Sarah when Sid gets away, causing Sid to become the Rainmaker and therefore causing Old Joe's wife to be k!lled, And in the third loop, Old Joe gets away, and later ceases to exist when Young Joe k!lls himself to prevent Old Joe from k!lling Sarah which would have caused Sid to become the Rainmaker.. The movie doesn't let us know what happens now that Sarah lives..
 5 years ago '04        #25
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
$16,551 | Props total: 2656 2656
 Nu Tymez said:
I dunno... What I am about to try to convey may not make much sense, but I am going to try to explain what I think.. In the original loop, Young Joe k!lls Old Joe.. In the second loop Old Joe gets away and later k!lls Sarah when Sid gets away, causing Sid to become the Rainmaker and therefore causing Old Joe's wife to be k!lled, And in the third loop, Old Joe gets away, and later ceases to exist when Young Joe k!lls himself to prevent Old Joe from k!lling Sarah which would have caused Sid to become the Rainmaker.. The movie doesn't let us know what happens now that Sarah lives..
See this where I kinda got confused, from what I saw, the first time, old Joe got away, the second time he was k!lled immediately and the third time he got away the exact same way as the first time except it was shown from a different angle, thats why I view it as 3 different loops, the other thing I was confused about was when Young Joe fell off the ladder the first time what happened to him after that? Because we see in another Loop that Old Joe saves Young Joe, but this happened after the first time he got away. The 2nd time he k!lled Old Joe and the 3rd time he got away again and everything is shown from Old Joe's perspective more so. I guess if I view it as just being 2 loops and the first and third just being past perspective and future perspective it will make more sense.

But I do still believe the only way to close the loop was to k!ll his past self and not the future one, but the only thing that doesn't make sense is (unless Cid will grow to be evil regardless) then Joe k!lling his future self doesn't change anything anyways, we are led to believe that old joe is the reason for Cid being how he is. But if Old Joe dies immediately then why does he become that way?

I think it was actually Young Joe that changed Cid from becoming a monster by spending time with him and getting him to accept his mother. Remember he had k!lled his aunt already like he k!lled the Gat Man.
 5 years ago '04        #26
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
 killababi said:
See this where I kinda got confused, from what I saw, the first time, old Joe got away, the second time he was k!lled immediately and the third time he got away the exact same way as the first time except it was shown from a different angle, thats why I view it as 3 different loops, the other thing I was confused about was when Young Joe fell off the ladder the first time what happened to him after that? Because we see in another Loop that Old Joe saves Young Joe, but this happened after the first time he got away. The 2nd time he k!lled Old Joe and the 3rd time he got away again and everything is shown from Old Joe's perspective more so. I guess if I view it as just being 2 loops and the first and third just being past perspective and future perspective it will make more sense.

But I do still believe the only way to close the loop was to k!ll his past self and not the future one, but the only thing that doesn't make sense is (unless Cid will grow to be evil regardless) then Joe k!lling his future self doesn't change anything anyways, we are led to believe that old joe is the reason for Cid being how he is. But if Old Joe dies immediately then why does he become that way?

I think it was actually Young Joe that changed Cid from becoming a monster by spending time with him and getting him to accept his mother. Remember he had k!lled his aunt already like he k!lled the Gat Man.
See we have different views.. I only saw 3 different loops.. Old Joe dies immediately, Old Joe gets away and k!lls Sarah later, and Old Joe gets away but ceases to exist due to Young Joe k!lling himself.. I think the loops some of the loops they show are just from different perspective, i.e. Young Joe falling off the ladder..
 5 years ago '04        #27
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
 Nu Tymez said:
See we have different views.. I only saw 3 different loops.. Old Joe dies immediately, Old Joe gets away and k!lls Sarah later, and Old Joe gets away but ceases to exist due to Young Joe k!lling himself.. I think the loops some of the loops they show are just from different perspective, i.e. Young Joe falling off the ladder..
I actually agree with those being the 3 loops, I guess I'm more referring to the start off the loops as opposed to the end, maybe I wasn't explaining correctly
 5 years ago '08        #28
space
space
I still think there is only 2 loops

1) Young Joe k!lls old Joe and moves to China to eventually become old and transition to loop 2

2) Old Joe gets away and the rest of the movie is shown from that perspective

I think they switch around the time frames though. Old Joe gets away is shown first (even though its the second loop), then we go back in time to the first loop(which is shown second) to see Old Joe die immediately and then we slowly catch back up to the second loop(which is shown third but from old Joe's perspective)

I think the ending hints at another loop where Old Joe k!lls Sarah and Cid becomes the rainmaker, but it's only shown in passing and does not correlate to earlier parts of the movie

I hope that makes sense
 5 years ago '04        #29
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
Also in the movie, they try to explain the Old Joe started developing a conscious when he found the woman who ended up being his wife but realistically it showed how much of a monster he had become once he lost her, his action led to young Joe developing a heart, basically the whole movie to me showed that Old Joe was the problem behind everything.

Even without ever meeting Joe Cid grew up to be the same threat. Which means it wasnt just Joe that made him become what he became.

Last edited by killababi; 10-02-2012 at 01:17 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #30
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
I might not be right about everything im saying but I liked this movie and the fact that I can say more about it than it sucked or it was good. I need to see it again tho, I missed the very beginning. Only thing I didn't like was the telekinetic stuff, I know they used that to explain how he took over everything by himself and it also shows that Sarah was his real mother, but still. I also don't think they should've used flashbacks (if that's what the first loop was) in a movie with time travel, that sh*t is confusing lol
 5 years ago '04        #31
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
 killababi said:
Also in the movie, they try to explain the Old Joe started developing a conscious when he found the woman who ended up being his wife but realistically it showed how much of a monster he had become once he lost her, his action led to young Joe developing a heart, basically the whole movie to me showed that Old Joe was the problem behind everything.

Even without ever meeting Joe Cid grew up to be the same threat. Which means it wasnt just Joe that made him become what he became.

I dunno, the movie kinda implied that Sid became the Rainmaker due to seeing his mother being k!lled and growing up alone.. If Old Joe never k!lls Sarah, then Sid grows up being cared for, therefore never becoming the Rainmaker...

On another note, did anyone else think the actor playing Sid did a good acting job for a kid? Most kids that young acting are horrible, but he was actually ok...
 5 years ago '04        #32
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
 Nu Tymez said:
I dunno, the movie kinda implied that Sid became the Rainmaker due to seeing his mother being k!lled and growing up alone.. If Old Joe never k!lls Sarah, then Sid grows up being cared for, therefore never becoming the Rainmaker...

On another note, did anyone else think the actor playing Sid did a good acting job for a kid? Most kids that young acting are horrible, but he was actually ok...
Yea, I do see how it implies that but it doesn't necessarily show he wasn't headed down that path anyways, even before Joe came into his life, he had k!lled his "mom" already. And u see his mom had that safe in her closet, I'm sure he would've eventually k!lled her because before Joe, she wasnt able to control him at all. I know I'm talking more of speculation tho, but without Joe I see him still following that path. And I still feel that in the original loop before Old Joe ever was sent back (basically the regular life cycle before any loops) there was still a Cid

And yea the kid did an awesome job
 5 years ago '08        #33
space
space
 killababi said:
Yea, I do see how it implies that but it doesn't necessarily show he wasn't headed down that path anyways, even before Joe came into his life, he had k!lled his "mom" already. And u see his mom had that safe in her closet, I'm sure he would've eventually k!lled her because before Joe, she wasnt able to control him at all. I know I'm talking more of speculation tho, but without Joe I see him still following that path. And I still feel that in the original loop before Old Joe ever was sent back (basically the regular life cycle before any loops) there was still a Cid

And yea the kid did an awesome job
Yeah, he was on his way already. You could tell he had that anger in him from the scene with the safe. But Joe's interactions with him was gonna keep that from happening.

And that little kid was a monster, I'm still not quite sure he ain't crazy in real life.
 5 years ago '06        #34
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Nu Tymez said:

gotta agree..kid impressed me
 5 years ago '12        #35
Southwick 
space
space
$2,621 | Props total: 390 390
Kid did way better than ok. He was great.
 10-04-2012, 03:58 AM         #36
DOOMage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought I had it all figured out until I started reading some of these theories
 5 years ago '08        #37
H Class 
space
space
$1,473 | Props total: 119 119
 popsjenkins said:
I still think there is only 2 loops

1) Young Joe k!lls old Joe and moves to China to eventually become old and transition to loop 2

2) Old Joe gets away and the rest of the movie is shown from that perspective

I think they switch around the time frames though. Old Joe gets away is shown first (even though its the second loop), then we go back in time to the first loop(which is shown second) to see Old Joe die immediately and then we slowly catch back up to the second loop(which is shown third but from old Joe's perspective)

I think the ending hints at another loop where Old Joe k!lls Sarah and Cid becomes the rainmaker, but it's only shown in passing and does not correlate to earlier parts of the movie

I hope that makes sense
Just seen the movie tonight and this theory makes the most sense to me.

Overall the movie was great. Better than I expected after first seeing the trailer when it debuted.
 5 years ago '06        #38
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,528 | Props total: 6757 6757
the lil kid did a hell of a job with the acting
ending was a.ss though
 5 years ago '04        #39
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,090 | Props total: 614 614
Movie was great left you wanting more.
 5 years ago '11        #40
wShh 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,344 | Props total: 759 759

the movie was FULL of paradoxes and non-sense with forced plot points
JGL's face was horribly disturbing too
so many writing troubles, the all "we stay there waiting in the house" was BORING as hell

thought the set up was AMAZING, the dialogues were cool and the visuals were k!llERS

the movie was okay/good, imo, the set up is great but the writing sucked, way too many problems

only 2 loops, ok... but why do they have to k!ll people in 2044? why not in the future and then dispose of the body? because murder in the 2070s IS possible (the banging asian chick was murdered then), also the relationship between kid blue and abe was AWKWARD... damn, also what bruce willis said is a total non sense, the all movie didn't make sense because of this. the simple fact that JGL doesn't k!ll him implies that he doesnt take the gold, he doesn't go all around the world, he doesn't meet the asian chick, the rainmaker never k!lls her, the all scar thing doesn't work either

the cid/joe connection was messed up too

so many things were wrong with the script.

good movie overall, mostly because of the budget and the concept but stop thinking about it over and over again, u'll only find errors and inconsistences

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
227 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now