Looper Questions (MAJOR SPOILERS!!)

most viewed right now
 221
Image(s) inside Shana Mangtal... A Look at Michael Jackson's Thot on the GOAT's Birthday
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 162
Video inside Chris Brown accuser says she didn't mean it!
159 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 115
Article inside Weapons, Drugs Retrieved During Chris Brown Standoff
301 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 90
Article inside SOME NEXT LEVEL CREEPY sh-t!!!!!!!! (A true, very creepy surveillance..
15 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '08        #1
18650 pageviews
67 comments


popsjenkins 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$2,695 | Props total: 37 37
Looper Questions (MAJOR SPOILERS!!)
 

 
I do not feel like using spoiler tags so if you have not seen the movie please do not read further.


Seriously, If you continue on, don't complain if it's ruined for you.






Is it possible that Joe is actually Cid? There is evidence against it but at the same time it could be true.


Was Jeff Bridges character and Big Blue actually the same person? They never showed Jeff Bridges Foot to see if it was shot off, but they did have a weird relationship.

How did Sarah know so much about loopers?

Wasn't the scene with old Seth losing the body parts just awesome??

Did Jeff Bridges set up Joe by telling him to go to China instead of France?


Post others if you have them

67 comments for "Looper Questions (MAJOR SPOILERS!!)"

 4 years ago '07        #2
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$37,602 | Props total: 1275 1275
i wanna know why bruce didnt start losing limbs and sh*t like future seth

and didnt really understand that whole k!ll yourself and get 30 bars of gold bit
 4 years ago '08        #3
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$2,695 | Props total: 37 37
 r.burgundy said:
i wanna know why bruce didnt start losing limbs and sh*t like future seth

and didnt really understand that whole k!ll yourself and get 30 bars of gold bit
They were cutting the limbs off of young Seth once they got him out of Joe's floor safe. That's why they were disappearing from Old Seth

I think they did 30 bars of gold because not only are you k!lling yourself but that will also be your last job. It's like severance pay.
 4 years ago '04        #4
Solidus 
space
space
space
$1,543 | Props total: 0 0
 popsjenkins said:
I do not feel like using spoiler tags so if you have not seen the movie please do not read further.


Seriously, If you continue on, don't complain if it's ruined for you.






Is it possible that Joe is actually Cid? There is evidence against it but at the same time it could be true.

I thought the same thing before i realized, that if he was sid, he would of disappeared with bruce - in that time paradox or whatever


How did Sarah know so much about loopers?

its like 2040, everyone who is not a bum knows of them it seems, kinda like FBI - if you follow or its possible that sids father was a looper



Did Jeff Bridges set up Joe by telling him to go to China instead of France?

This is possible but it think he just ment it as..... look i been too the future - china Flourishs much more then france, the rainman in the future would of hunted him down if it was china or france tho

Post others if you have them



This movie ties up all the loose ends , i just have one problem

early in the movie - joe states that he doesnt care about anybuddy but himself

why did he care at the end - his transition from not caring to caring was kinda fast.
 4 years ago '04        #5
One-O-One 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$8,500 | Props total: 2502 2502
 popsjenkins said:
Is it possible that Joe is actually Cid? There is evidence against it but at the same time it could be true.
Nah, I dont think so. I do wish they showed a Old Cid/Rainmaker at some point in the movie. An evil version and/or a good version at the end of the movie.


 popsjenkins said:
Was Jeff Bridges character and Big Blue actually the same person? They never showed Jeff Bridges Foot to see if it was shot off, but they did have a weird relationship.
You mean Jeff Daniels, but that would be wild. I have to see the movie again to catch some clues.


 popsjenkins said:
How did Sarah know so much about loopers?
I wonder about that too. I guess loopers may not be much of a secret in that time. But i remember young Joe explaining time travel to Sarah so i dunno.

 popsjenkins said:
Wasn't the scene with old Seth losing the body parts just awesome??
After that scene, I was hoping I wouldn't see Old Joe start to lose body parts lol. That would've been rough to see for a main character in a movie.


 popsjenkins said:
Did Jeff Bridges set up Joe by telling him to go to China instead of France?
I think that was a inside joke maybe about how France may not be stable in the future. The usual currency throughout the movie was silver, gold, and Renminbi (Chinese dollars). So I'm a.ssuming the US Dollar fell pretty hard. And if the USA falls, Europe is falling with it. But you could be right b/c Jeff Daniels is from the future also so he may want Joe on a particular path so Rainmaker has an eye on him.
 4 years ago '08        #6
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$2,695 | Props total: 37 37
 Solidus said:

I thought the same thing before i realized, that if he was sid, he would of disappeared with bruce - in that time paradox or whatever


This movie ties up all the loose ends , i just have one problem

early in the movie - joe states that he doesnt care about anybuddy but himself

why did he care at the end - his transition from not caring to caring was kinda fast.
I think only the future self dies in that case, not the past self. If young Joe Dies then old Joe can't exist, but if Sid is young Joe, he has not lived to the point where he would die yet.


I also think he began to care because he saw himself in Sid:

Joe's mother was a junkie that gave him up - So was Sid's, so Joe began to relate. Plus Sarah gave up that cookie and that flipped his sh*t real quick too.
 4 years ago '07        #7
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$37,602 | Props total: 1275 1275
 popsjenkins said:
They were cutting the limbs off of young Seth once they got him out of Joe's floor safe. That's why they were disappearing from Old Seth

I think they did 30 bars of gold because not only are you k!lling yourself but that will also be your last job. It's like severance pay.
so if u k!lled your future self,then u still lived?
 4 years ago '08        #8
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$2,695 | Props total: 37 37
correct, that was partly the basis of the film, the loopers were k!lling their future selves to close the loop.
 4 years ago '11        #9
keen77 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,252 | Props total: 1 1
yeah and old joe didn't lose limbs and get disfigured and stuff like old cid because the address old cid went to where he was shot by the looper thugs, if you notice, young cid was inside being torture. so young cid's arms being cut off would result in the loss of old cid's arms, et cetera
 4 years ago '04        #10
One-O-One 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$8,500 | Props total: 2502 2502
 r.burgundy said:
so if u k!lled your future self,then u still lived?

Yep. You'd live long enough to see your younger self k!ll you. a never ending loop i suppose.
 4 years ago '04        #11
killababi 30 heat pts30
space
avatar space
space
$15,389 | Props total: 970 970
 One-O-One said:
Yep. You'd live long enough to see your younger self k!ll you. a never ending loop i suppose.
yea it was a neverending loop if u remember, the 1st time Joe got away, he had the bars on his back and managed to escape, the second time, he k!lled himself right away, and the 3rd time he escaped again, so ( the way i took it ) he made different decisions multiple times, but he actually had to live throughout all of those years again, until he got to the point where he was supposed to k!ll himself. The only way to truly close the loop was to k!ll his present self so his future self would never exist. Which is why him starting to care so soon isnt shocking, because in that reality, it took him about 90 years to get there.
 4 years ago '07        #12
I_GOT_DAT_PIFF 
space
space
space
$27 | Props total: 1 1
 killababi said:
yea it was a neverending loop if u remember, the 1st time Joe got away, he had the bars on his back and managed to escape, the second time, he k!lled himself right away, and the 3rd time he escaped again, so ( the way i took it ) he made different decisions multiple times, but he actually had to live throughout all of those years again, until he got to the point where he was supposed to k!ll himself. The only way to truly close the loop was to k!ll his present self so his future self would never exist. Which is why him starting to care so soon isnt shocking, because in that reality, it took him about 90 years to get there.
wait i don't undrestand. how does the first loop continue tho if the future joe gets away? i thought the loop only goes if you k!ll your future self, thereby creating a definite future scenario?
 4 years ago '07        #13
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$37,602 | Props total: 1275 1275
 One-O-One said:
Yep. You'd live long enough to see your younger self k!ll you. a never ending loop i suppose.
so tha present self would live for 30 years after they k!lled their future self?
 4 years ago '04        #14
One-O-One 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$8,500 | Props total: 2502 2502
 r.burgundy said:
so tha present self would live for 30 years after they k!lled their future self?
yep. So the present self would live for 30 years, then wake up one day & get kidnapped by the mob. Then you'd get sent back 30 years in past via time machine to get a.ssassinated by a younger version of yourself.

Its a never ending loop unless someone or something intervenes with that Loopers fate to change it.
 4 years ago '07        #15
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$37,602 | Props total: 1275 1275
 One-O-One said:
yep. So the present self would live for 30 years, then wake up one day & get kidnapped by the mob. Then you'd get sent back 30 years in past via time machine to get a.ssassinated by a younger version of yourself.

Its a never ending loop unless someone or something intervenes with that Loopers fate to change it.
it seems like they were kinda hintin in tha movie that kid blue mighta been abe.what do u think about that
 4 years ago '04        #16
killababi 30 heat pts30
space
avatar space
space
$15,389 | Props total: 970 970
 I_GOT_DAT_PIFF said:
wait i don't undrestand. how does the first loop continue tho if the future joe gets away? i thought the loop only goes if you k!ll your future self, thereby creating a definite future scenario?
idk to be honest, i figured he mustve died at some point, but think about it also like this.....This is how i viewed it by the way......The first Joe got away, Young Joe was hunted down for thirty years, and managed to elude them, but after that time he was once again captured and sent back, and thats when he k!lled himself immediately. I dont necessarily think the future self has to be k!lled to keep the loop going. I think as long as the present Joe lives on, he will eventually be sent back that continues the loop


Last edited by killababi; 10-01-2012 at 08:27 PM..
 4 years ago '06        #17
01seay 81 heat pts81
space
avatar space
space
$20,305 | Props total: 725 725
I don't see how Kid Blue could be Abe.....remember the scene when Abe smashed Kid Blue's hand as a punishment? Why the hell would he hurt himself that severely, also wouldn't his future self instantly feel the permanent hand injury....kinda like the others with the arm cravings? ...but, also I don't remember/can picture Abe's facial expression/mood after smashing Kid Blue's hand.

I think Sara knew about the Loopers because she use to be a stripper/escort at that club the Loopers checked in at/partied at (or been there before and got hit on by Looper(s) with TK before) Sara always said she lived a bad life before the farm life.....constant clubbin'/stripping/escorting are all possibilities.





Last edited by 01seay; 11-02-2012 at 01:56 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #18
micseles 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,301 | Props total: 884 884
Cant wait to see this, just gotta get a day off work

Im sure ill be back in this thread to discuss theories if it hasnt drifted into the abyss..
 4 years ago '05        #19
micseles 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,301 | Props total: 884 884
Cant wait to see this, just gotta get a day off work

Im sure ill be back in this thread to discuss theories if it hasnt drifted into the abyss..
 4 years ago '08        #20
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$2,695 | Props total: 37 37
 killababi said:
yea it was a neverending loop if u remember, the 1st time Joe got away, he had the bars on his back and managed to escape, the second time, he k!lled himself right away, and the 3rd time he escaped again, so ( the way i took it ) he made different decisions multiple times, but he actually had to live throughout all of those years again, until he got to the point where he was supposed to k!ll himself. The only way to truly close the loop was to k!ll his present self so his future self would never exist. Which is why him starting to care so soon isnt shocking, because in that reality, it took him about 90 years to get there.
I don't think there were 3 different loops. I think that at the moment he actually k!lled future Joe was actually a jump back in time. I think there were only 2 loops.

The first loop, Joe actually k!lled future Joe and went on to live the 30 years where he was kidnapped and sent back and escaped.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 55
Image(s) inside Bri. drake
43 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 52
G-Unit - The Lost Flash Drive [Anticipation/Discussion thread] (Drops Aug 29th)
235 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside aint no c**chie like pregnant c**chie "Blac" Chyna edition
75 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 34
NFL Kaepernick's birth mother gets at him on Twitter. Twitter gets at her
310 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 22
Image(s) inside First Look: Wheat Jordan IV's
32 comments
19 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside How to tell if you're Brainwashed
248 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside Aug 29 - Colin Kapernick: Hillary Clinton Would Be In Prison If She Was..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside Ben Affleck tweeted this guy named Dea....
32 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy