Its bulking season for us skinny niggas

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
59 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props
 10-08-2012, 08:40 PM         #61
Quice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dtown said:
5'5 140 lbs cant gain weight to save my life
wat he said
 5 years ago '08        #62
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
so this is just a thread of ppl checking in and no tips for whats been working or anything?

5'8 155
 5 years ago '06        #63
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 niceguy954 said:

[pic - click to view]

you can clean bulk also man I will be surprise if anyone can make it without dying doing that for 6 months straight
u call that a heart attack? that diet is light work, damn i must be a wild dude
 5 years ago '04        #64
refuze 284 heat pts284
space
space
$18,692 | Props total: 15457 15457
 iPunish901 said:
so this is just a thread of ppl checking in and no tips for whats been working or anything?

5'8 155
Right now I'm 5'7", 150lbs. I'm not trying to boost myself but my physique is similar to Bruce Lee's. I'm very slender and slim but my muscle tone is highly noticeable. Over the past year, I worked hard at putting on weight. I was a mere 120lbs throughout most of my college years. The first thing a lot of my old friends comment on when they see me these days is how much bigger and ripped I've gotten.

I'm at a point where I feel I can share my workouts because I have definitely seen results in myself.

Throughout the course of the week, I'll switch up my routines and do a combination of the following:

For endurance/stamina, I do:

Treadmill running (run for 20 minutes using a high intensity program)
Sprinting (find a hill where you can run up and do 10-15 of these with a short amount of rest in between)
Running in place (do this for 3-4 minutes - make sure to move your legs fast)

For strength training:

Arm curls
Bench press
Perfect push-up
Sit-ups
Knee raises
Pull-ups

Also, incorporate some stretching in your routines. Look up on YouTube techniques. It's important to keep your muscles capable of reaching a full range of motion and it also prevents you from getting injured easily.

I still haven't reached my goal but I'm training hard consistently. There's never a time where I'm content. What I like to do is vary my workouts. I'll train at home, at the gym (just signed up), and play on the basketball court. You need to mix up what you do or else your body becomes accustomed to the movements.

My biggest advice: Use knowledge that you gain from others but ultimately you have to find what works for you. Not everyone is built the same. That means actually gaining EXPERIENCE. So go out and just do it. Buy gym equipment if you want to work out at home or sign up for a gym membership if you don't mind commuting. fu*k around with different exercises and find out the ones you like the most. After two or three months, you'll start learning what works effectively and you'll begin to incorporate more things into your regimen.

Good luck ya'll.

FASTER. BIGGER. STRONGER. SMARTER.
 5 years ago '06        #65
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,483 | Props total: 17928 17928
6'1 212 ima move to 225 for the winter time its cold out here in jersey like some extra weight on helps me avoid colds in the winter

Last edited by Rique; 10-13-2012 at 11:40 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #66
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
i guess ill throw in what has worked for me in the past. im gonna try again starting monday.

in july/august, i tried to bulk. my biggest issue is just staying motivated, even when i see gains. i started out weighing 150, but in a month i was up to 161. "maybe" the huge spike in weight was water weight....

i did the 5x5 program.

squats
bench
military press
bent over rows
deadlifts

3x a week.

i think my second biggest issue was nutrition, i cant cook, so im always tempted to go buy fast food. i was spoiled for many years with having a gf who threw down in the kitchen, now im on my own lol. but i was religious with the whey shakes w/ peanut butter in the morning and before/after workouts. plus i took creatine, multi, fish oil, and green tea.

i definitely saw a difference in my upper body. like i was getting bigger and solid. but at the same time, my midsection was getting wider which was kind of a downer, cause i already have a gut. ive read that when you are bulking, a gut is just what you have to deal with until its time to cut. then again, ive heard if you eat cleaner, you wont see a gut.

well there's my story. i have no idea what i can do to stay focused tho, it k!lls me that i cant even when i was getting significant gains, except on my bench press....

Last edited by iPunish901; 10-14-2012 at 03:50 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #67
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
5'10 146lbs (last time I checked which was last Tuesday). I'm really skinny, and I like it. I gym m-f 4am. I also go on the weekends (Saturday) but take Sundays off. I have a fast metabolism but I eat a lot and most of the time it's healthy. I hate fast food, and frozen food. I do cook almost everyday.

Ill lay down my workouts first and then my meals....

Bent over rows.
Bench (do not like benching, but Ill hit it at times).
Pull ups.
Cable crossovers.
Triceps (using a curl bar or do some dips).
Dumbbells for some biceps.

I don't workout each muscle one by one. Ill do two sometimes three different workouts at once. For example; Ill do bent over rows, move onto some biceps, push ups and back to bent over rows. Ill do that until I finish my set (usually 3x-5x). The more workouts I do at once, the less sets Ill do however Ill increase the amount of reps I do for each one. It really depends how I'm feeling or what kind of workout it is. My favorite one is using cable crossovers for chest, pull ups, and either back (using same cable crossovers) or dumbbells for shoulders. Ill do an easy 7-10 sets on those. Some of you could probably do more but that burning sensation certainly gets the best of me and sometimes my arms will simply give out.

My daily food intake simply goes like this...

Pre-Breakfast:
Granola bar w/ milk.

Breakfast:
Oatmeal w/ banana
Two egg whites with bell peppers, cilantro, onions.
Coffee (I need my coffee, Ill die without it).

Lunch:
Usually left overs from the night before but if not...
Cold cut sandwich (sometimes two) w/ fruit or avocado w/ two bottles of water.

Snack:
Peanut butter w/ carrots or celery.

Dinner:
Roast beef w/ potatoes and salad.

I sleep early so I shouldn't need a snack after dinner but Ill munch on a few almonds or chocolate if I find anyI get up when most of you are probably just getting to bed or are already knocked the fu*k out

I hope this helps. If any confusion, letmeknow

Edit: And for the guys who are frustrated, weighing at only 125lbs-130lbs...I'm 25 and I weighed that much my whole life. Just gotta focus and work hard. Nothing is easy.

Last edited by Ambassador; 10-16-2012 at 01:38 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #68
504Monster 
space
space
$741 | Props total: 10 10
I was just like yall a couple years back. In 2010 I was 6'4" 165lbs. I'm currently at about 210lbs (about 5-7lbs from creatine). I'm right in there with yall though. I wanna put on another 10-15lbs this winter.

The best advice I can give yall is to make sure not to skip those squats when you go to the gym. It makes a big difference.
 5 years ago '08        #69
Illuminati 192 heat pts192 OP
space
space
$38,770 | Props total: 9019 9019
 iPunish901 said:

5'8 155
My man I think we all know what we're doing wrong. We all say we're eating enough but the reality is that we aren't. For sh*ts I tracked my calories a couple months and I barely broke the 2500 calorie mark let alone hit 3400.

Metabolism aside, our collective problem us skinny brethrens is that we don't eat enough.

I'll post my work out when I come back from school.

On a side note, I got a 3rd degree ankle sprain and I won't be squatting or dead lifting for 3-4 weeks
 5 years ago '10        #70
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,152 | Props total: 15680 15680
some frail a.ss n*ggas in here
 5 years ago '12        #71
BeatinGuts 
space
space
space
$408 | Props total: 1 1
6" 185lbs not trying to bulk but am putting on lean mass and massive strength gains... main focus for bodybuilding-pecs, abs, lats, biceps. strong points- delts,thighs,calves,triceps. i be on them bars "barstarz" style and dumbells daily... hindu squats, and yoga type stretching for max growth.
 5 years ago '06        #72
backtrack 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,764 | Props total: 448 448
 504Monster said:
I was just like yall a couple years back. In 2010 I was 6'4" 165lbs. I'm currently at about 210lbs (about 5-7lbs from creatine). I'm right in there with yall though. I wanna put on another 10-15lbs this winter.

The best advice I can give yall is to make sure not to skip those squats when you go to the gym. It makes a big difference.
That's what's up man.

As for me, I'm 5'9 and around 160lbs trying to get to 175. I was 143 the beginning of this year.

Right now I'm just maintaining but I go back to school in January so I'll be putting in work daily.
 5 years ago '10        #73
Dtown 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,433 | Props total: 939 939
 Flying Jesus said:
basically if yall do whatever in the gym..you are gonna get whatever results..

dont do some weak program that you and your friends have made up...do a program that has been tried and tested....one good one is the starting strength program.....also look into the vince delmonte program..

im 5'10 135 btw...
giving advice, stfu
 5 years ago '09        #74
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,113 | Props total: 1652 1652
damn i cant imagine weighing 130 that crazy man thats some middle school sh*t
 5 years ago '10        #75
Sk8bamboo 47 heat pts47
space
space
$1,328 | Props total: 591 591
6'0" 165 want to get to 180-185
 5 years ago '10        #76
kingjab7542 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,354 | Props total: 587 587
I'm 6'2 1/2 185 and I thought I was skinny

Guess I should just try to maintain this weight and just get in good shape. Don't really wanna be huge
 5 years ago '08        #77
Illuminati 192 heat pts192 OP
space
space
$38,770 | Props total: 9019 9019
Sprained ankle - pulled grain The injuries keep piling on. Bulking season is going to turn into emo season soon.
 5 years ago '09        #78
Two Five Design 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 16 16
6' 0" 120lbs
 5 years ago '08        #79
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
 Two Five Design said:
6' 0" 120lbs

lboog1423 said:
some frail a.ss n*ggas in here
BRUH!!!

i thought i was skinny, if anything this thread makes me feel better about myself.

n*ggas over 6' and weigh less than me at 5'8, i dont get it at all. but i understand the struggle of gaining....
 5 years ago '10        #80
Dtown 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,433 | Props total: 939 939
 Two Five Design said:
6' 0" 120lbs
thats impossible, i eat once or twice a entire day and weigh 140
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
43 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
23 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
130 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
76 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy