most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-29-2012, 05:02 AM         #1
6723 pageviews
97 comments

Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sep 29 - Man Tells Story About Recovering From Marijuana

[pic - click to view]

(In this report, Jeff, a resident of the South Shore, describes how he went from a marijuana addiction to earning a 4.0 GPA in college.)

It's hard to put my story into words, because I don't think the words can do it justice.

I continue to recover from an addiction that is often not taken seriously: Marijuana.

Fourteen and a half months ago, I reached a bottom that I can now look back on and be thankful for. My "life" consisted of agonizing and seemingly claustrophobic boredom and loneliness.

I used and abused for around 12 years, turning my brain into a pile of mush. The last three or four years seemed to be like one never ending day, because there was hardly anything going on in my life, especially after I crossed the line into a completely nonfunctional addict.

I had no desire to live, no desire to work, no desire to do anything but smoke my brains out. The lack of motivation I had is sometimes hard to fathom.

I signed up for and graduated from an outpatient program at the YMCA and I continue to attend Marijuana Anonymous meetings.

Because of this, many things have changed for me over the past 14 ½ months.

I went back to college in January '12, where I'm getting straight A's, and I have been working since last November. I'm starting to see the world in color again.

If someone had told me last year that I would stop smoking and that I would be back in school, while running a 4.0 GPA and working again, I would have said that there was a better chance of someone getting struck by lightning and winning the Mega Millions jackpot on the same day.

Is my life exactly where I want it to be? Of course not. But I know that I am in a much better place than I was last year, and I have my recovery and my recovery network to thank for that.

I also have myself to thank, and I need to remind myself that every now and then. I look forward to what the future holds with my sobriety.

[pic - click to view]

Some say it's just weed; impact was devastating for Staten Island man | SILive.com

97 comments for "Sep 29 - Man Tells Story About Recovering From Marijuana"

5 years ago '08        #2
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,872 | Props total: 723 723
cant turn around from real drugs like that. weed wins again...
 09-29-2012, 07:49 AM         #3
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimdogg3325 said:
 5 years ago '04        #4
getyagameup 24 heat pts24
space
space
$4,044 | Props total: 27 27
i know people who've smoked weed and graduated college.

i know lawyers who are successful and smoke weed.

Artists who travel the weed and get high.

Martial arts practitioners who will fu*k you up WHILE high and can run for miles, f!ght for hours.

Half of hollywood smokes weed.

Half of california, colorado and a bunch of places out west smoke weed and can do everything this dude is talking about.

what is this dude talking about?? sounds to me like he didn't know who he was initially, was depressed before he started getting high, starting smoking that AK 47 and was fu*ked all the way up every day and couldn't handle the sh*t. sounds like a loser to begin with. however, i'm proud that he was able to get his sh*t together.
 09-29-2012, 09:02 AM         #5
TheUzualSuSpect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm supposed to be impressed cuz this no motivation in life loser who cudnt handle his weed stopped smoking? fvck this guy everyone smokes weed its about prioritizing and putting ur responsibilities first. This nigguhs a fvckin dumbass he's lucky that it was only weed instead of sum serious shyt. But w/e can't hate on success and seems that he got his shyt together so good for him but he still a bi*ch nigguh for tryna blame weed for his addictive personality and having no ambitions.
 5 years ago '10        #6
WhoNextWithPlex 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,841 | Props total: 6012 6012
 slimdogg3325 said:
couldnt have said it better myself.

try spending 12 years banging heroin and then let me know what a hero you are.
 5 years ago '04        #7
bony 37 heat pts37
space
space
$2,363 | Props total: 319 319
this dude was just using marijuana as an excuse to be lazy and depressed.. marijuana personally influences me to be productive and creative... marijuana is no more addictive than soda, candy, or tv... enough with the excuses... stop blaming drugs america
 5 years ago '04        #8
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,869 | Props total: 2015 2015

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #9
Pakchoy 833 heat pts833
space
space
$6,664 | Props total: 40936 40936
 bony said:
this dude was just using marijuana as an excuse to be lazy and depressed.. marijuana personally influences me to be productive and creative... marijuana is no more addictive than soda, candy, or tv... enough with the excuses... stop blaming drugs america
Everyone has a different response to it. Me personally i am a happy high but i have friends who get crazy as fu*k sometimes when they smoke. As with anything abuse can be a downfall but i highly doubt this n*gga was smoking more weed than snoop and look at his a.ss.
 5 years ago '08        #10
Nut-In-Honeys 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,028 | Props total: 5817 5817
 getyagameup said:

Martial arts practitioners who will fu*k you up WHILE high and can run for miles, f!ght for hours.

Half of california, colorado and a bunch of places out west smoke weed and can do everything this dude is talking about.

what is this dude talking about?? sounds to me like he didn't know who he was initially, was depressed before he started getting high, starting smoking that AK 47 and was fu*ked all the way up every day and couldn't handle the sh*t. sounds like a loser to begin with. however, i'm proud that he was able to get his sh*t together.
 09-29-2012, 12:34 PM         #11
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My hypothesis is, people are going to smoke weed whether they are depressed or successful. I think people who are depressed sort of like it more because their problems, but I think they'd still smoke if the problem weren't present.
 5 years ago '10        #12
WhoNextWithPlex 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,841 | Props total: 6012 6012
 Pakchoy said:
Everyone has a different response to it. Me personally i am a happy high but i have friends who get crazy as fu*k sometimes when they smoke. As with anything abuse can be a downfall but i highly doubt this n*gga was smoking more weed than snoop and look at his a.ss.
thats much more apparent in casual smokers though. i smoke steady with most of my friends who have been smoking since they were around 16. and none of us have gotten "high" since we were like 19. if you smoke steady, the only thing youre getting when you smoke is peace of mind.

so this dude is full of sh*t. homie up there said it best and next dude that said "he finally started to apply himself and all of the sudden it was the weeds fault" is dead on as well.
 5 years ago '11        #13
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,843 | Props total: 269 269
Some ppl have addictive personalities and can become dependent on anything. Dudes can be addicted to Cheetos and blame that for caving in their world. If you burn and you can handle it by controlling your desire to use it then youll be all right.

This is more of a personality issue rather than a marijuana issue though. I bet this dude gets easily addicted to anything
 5 years ago '04        #14
orv 
space
space
$4,296 | Props total: 1679 1679
LOL I know people in HIGH places that truly get high. Weed included, even tho weed ain't sh*t.
 5 years ago '10        #15
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
this guy sounds like the biggest loser on the planet
 5 years ago '06        #16
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 getyagameup said:

this cat was prolly GOING IN, ive met a couple of ppl that smoke so much, the pretty much crackheads but u have to smoke ALOT
 5 years ago '04        #17
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,611 | Props total: 1782 1782
 slimdogg3325 said:
this. Even if it was coke, he'd be supremely more fu*ked than he is now.
 5 years ago '08        #18
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,833 | Props total: 1333 1333
You know what, good for this guy. A lot of ppl will make jokes and say things like "it's just weed" but it is still a powerful substance and different ppl will react differently... The unfortunate part is the idiots who will take this story as the example rather than the exception
 5 years ago '11        #19
Sandor Clegane 68 heat pts68
space
space
$9,255 | Props total: 3738 3738
 09-29-2012, 06:36 PM         #20
OOps  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 notoriousthugzz said:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
133 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
141 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago