Ginuwine Tells Drake to Leave Aaliyah Album Alone

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
210 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL New England Patriots (10-2) @ Miami Dolphins (5-7) Official Game Thread
150 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-29-2012, 01:21 PM         #61
donmeca2020 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
drake is good for what he is, and thats it.... to produce an Aaliyah album would just be fu*king it up... who wants to hear wayne, nicki, and himself on every Aaliyah track? i for one dont. look what happen with the few albums produced after 2pac and big passed away. they made these collabo albums with other artists and it was Ok... to say the least but naw i also dont agree with the drake producing this.

Let Missy and timbo produced it. not only will it sound like Aaliyah type sh*t but it wont be smothered with young money artists all on it.
 5 years ago '11        #62
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 TizOnly1 said:
Couple points.

A) To the dude saying "plenty of posthumous albums come out.. why not this one?"... none of those other sh*ts should have came out either. The world would be a better place without "Born Again", "Biggie Duets", that Pac bullsh*t, and anything the fu*k else that has come out. If the artist didn't die after the album was done.. or after doing significant work on THAT particular album.. the sh*t doesn't need to come out... Especially if somebody is gonna add new elements to the song that the original artist never OK'd or even heard. fu*k that sh*t.

B) To the people saying "the family wants it"... fu*k the family. The family wants money. There is zero other reason to put it out. If it's about the music... the family already has that. The only thing gained by putting it out to the public is that it's now a retail item, generating income for themselves. They obviously need money.. which causes people to forego honor and respect, and go for a cash grab. That's all this is, and no person should respect the family for that.

C) Drake's obsession with Aaliyah is weird and creepy. It's not just because he's a celebrity.. I personally think ANYONE being in love with people they've never met is weird.. but such is the world we live in.. as for this particular case... Aaliyah did NOT make impactful music. She made pop tunes with nice beats, and laid back vibes. That's it. It's not even possible to have connected to that music on so deep of a level.. unless you're just a REALLY shallow corny piece of sh*t person... in which case.. I have zero desire to hear your interpretation on it, 11 years after her death.

Comparing Aaliyah to Bob Marley, or MJ, or John Lennon, or Pac.. or any of the amazing musicians that have actually had social IMPACT just shows you have no idea what these other people represented. Bob Marley represented so much to so many people.. it was way more than music.. it was peace, it was closeness to God, it was love itself.. that was exemplified in his music, and in how he lived life. It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to have been impacted by Aaliyah, as a fan, the same way Marley impacted his. Tupac represented the strength of the oppressed.. a brashness, an attitude... prolific insight on the plight of struggling people.. he represented the dichotomy of all of that, versus gross imperfections, and the ugliness of even the brightest souls born into the bullsh*t so many of us came up in. Aaliyah represented nice girls, who can't really sing or act.. making pop tunes over AMAZINGLY talented producers' work... It's ain't the same at all. And this is coming from somebody that DOESN'T hold Pac, or Marley.. or whoever in all that high of a regard, honestly.

D) When her closest friends are saying the sh*t shouldn't be done.. it probably shouldn't be done. sh*t has nothing to do with them being cut out. I guarantee if ANYONE has Aaliyah lost tapes lying around, it's Timbaland and Missy. Hell Magoo probably has an old TDK in the cassette deck of his '97 Miata right now. They could have gotten the family's blessing, and put something out years ago. They didn't. They showed respect for her as an artist (because no artist wants somebody else tampering with their sh*t, without their say, and putting that out to the public), and as a FRIEND, and let her legacy lay as she left it... the way any self respecting person would want their's to sit. They put out the I Care 4 U album.. with the stuff she was making just before death, and let that rock. If I recall correctly, Aaliyah was planning on putting out another album almost immediately after the "Aaliyah" album anyway.. so that was all part of the plan.. not this gravedigger sh*t.

You youngsters need to chill. You obviously just don't get it.

Music wasn't always just some sh*t to put out, with no meaning behind it.. no feeling.. no connection even to the music you put out as an artist. Nowadays, n*ggas make songs in 3 minutes, about the dumbest sh*t imaginable. Aaliyah, for as emotional devoid as her music was, probably took way more pride in her work, than 90% of people at it today. I can totally understand fans and friends of hers not wanting her work to be reimagined by somebody that never worked with her.

It may be a bit different, if Drake was overseeing some remix project over work we've already heard. I still wouldn't want to hear it.. but it would at least just be a reinterpretation of stuff we already know.

To just take her work... stuff that never came out.. and make it your own.. ignoring whatever vision she had for her own work.. that's clearly just some bullsh*t.

EDIT- If you weren't in the "I Miss U" video, falllllllll back
Look at this n*gga.

Why you felt it was necessary to type all that?
 5 years ago '11        #63
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 haterade2885 said:
but the thing i dont understand is... drake has the drive to do this. i dont think timbaland was pushing to do this before drake came in and started talking about it. lets be real, who would have a better idea of how her music should sound in 2012? drake of tim? tims washed up guys, step off drake.
Right. Lets pretend for a second, he does the album, and it turns out being great? No one is arguing on whether he'd do a good job, they're arguing about him doing it at all. But if it's good music and profits the family, what's so wrong about it? X, Timb, and Missy are looking for a check. That's what it is. If they can't be on it, they don't want it to be done.
 5 years ago '06        #64
BCB 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,548 | Props total: 113 113
 EKEK said:
i don't get it. its like saying to new artist they cant sample/cover/remix artists from the 90's because they didn't knew them personally, this sh*t is just some fu*ked up music business politics "it's all about the benjamins baby".
exactly why you can't be taken serious.

Tim and Missy Are her Business family, so if ANYONE it should be them, and to say tim is washed up, why? because he changes his sound? im pretty sure if the fam said TIM U BETTER MAKE THIS RIGHT, he would straighten up, and do his best to sound like something him and Aaliyah would had done back in the day. I like both artists, but even i know when to draw the line. Just because Drake is a current hot artist in 2012, (prod. btw so he dont have to be in the spotlight, he um. produces.) with an obsession w/ Aaliyah doesnt mean he can go and do a Aaliyah album! lol tf? and she isnt on the same level as MICHAEL JACKSON. when u see a Aaliyah impersonator? lol, IF GIN comin out the woodwork, and agreeing with TIMBO, because yall know they had a falling out, n did not talk for a min here in '10? i think. Then they should not do it. Only way this is still happening is someone is after money, or YMCMB is just being spiteful n disrespectful.
 5 years ago '11        #65
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 datVAkid said:
and the family has the right to have her Rest In Peace... Im pretty sure u said rest in peace when she died but is she resting in peace right now? naw cause of drakes soft punk a.ss diggin up her sh*t putting on a stick and dancing around the street screaming "AALIYAH's BACK!!!! (executively produced by me)"
rest in peace? they're just using her vocals son. not digging up her remains

taking this waaaaaay too seriously.
 5 years ago '06        #66
BCB 15 heat pts15
space
space
 ImInHerMouth said:
Right. Lets pretend for a second, he does the album, and it turns out being great? No one is arguing on whether he'd do a good job, they're arguing about him doing it at all. But if it's good music and profits the family, what's so wrong about it? X, Timb, and Missy are looking for a check. That's what it is. If they can't be on it, they don't want it to be done.
so lets pretend u dont wanna hear tim n missy back w/ the sound they did w/ aaliyah? reguardless, itll bring back that good ol tim prod. and a lil nostalgia, and if ANYONE out of the whole world, why not them!? Drake was doin Degrassi, and wasn't worried bout no Aaliyah album then, lol.. so...........
 5 years ago '08        #67
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,674 | Props total: 397 397
 Cantankerous said:
You wrote all that sh*t for what ? n*gga you are an internet fan with an opinion , her family who she trusted her estate with , owns her music , fu*k are you to determine their motives , as if you know what Aaliyah , Pac , Big , Pun or who the fu*k ever wants , ya'll n*ggas are lame

If Afeni wanted to do a Pac album with EM , thats her choice. If you care about the artist (since obviously you wrote so many paragraphs) respect THEIR family or in this case, HIS , decision. Thats the person who the artist you care for , trusted.
Actually her immediate family doesn't own or have rights to anything "Aaliyah". In fact, they had to ask the label managed by Aaliyah's uncle for usage rights for stuff on Aaliyah.com including the domain itself. It took them several years to do that after the label had shut down the site. I highly doubt if she even had a will with how badly her immediate family got shafted.

With that said, I don't think drake got those vocals from them. Static major executive produced her last album which she recorded in Australia while filming "queen of the damned". The studio where they recorded it at released a tape of about 20 cuts from her and only 3 or 4 actually made the album. And going by the other tracks that leaked from it enough said sounds exactly like it.

It is a well known fact that her uncle and his son were straight up snakes - I really wouldn't put it past them to put money over the family's wishes.
 5 years ago '11        #68
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 BCB said:
so lets pretend u dont wanna hear tim n missy back w/ the sound they did w/ aaliyah? reguardless, itll bring back that good ol tim prod. and a lil nostalgia, and if ANYONE out of the whole world, why not them!? Drake was doin Degrassi, and wasn't worried bout no Aaliyah album then, lol.. so...........
Tim fell off a long time ago n*gga. Danja brought him back with Futures3x and Blackout and all the other sh*t they did during that time. What sound are you talking about? No I don't wanna hear it. I heard it 12 years ago. I don't wanna hear it again.
 5 years ago '11        #69
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 tupacnasfan said:
Co-Sign.

Although Pre Loyal to the game posthumous era tupac was good.
yea thats true
 5 years ago '05        #70
DipsetSoulja 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,181 | Props total: 3093 3093
 Chief Dee said:
Truthfully it's NOT just the album that upsets people. Drake's entire obsession with Aaliyah from having her tattoo'd on him to name dropping her excessively as if he personally know her rubs people wrong. His overall general dispostion towards Aaliyah is disturbing, bizarre, and stalkerish. The album is just the icing on the cake to put his weird obsession over the top and force other people to speak up and draw the line.
I like drake's music and completely agree with this post. For this reason I think he should scrap the album.
 5 years ago '04        #71
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7568 7568
 ImInHerMouth said:
Look at this n*gga.

Why you felt it was necessary to type all that?
You posted 5 times in this thread in 15 minutes though...

Again.. I wrote that post in 3-4 minutes. I know some of you guys are still sounding out words, and staring at the keyboard while you punch at it with your pointers, but for some people, typing in English isn't that hard.
 5 years ago '07        #72
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
Man fu*k some of yalls opinions tho. You boxden monkeys
 5 years ago '11        #73
acclaimedknives 63 heat pts63
space
space
$9,402 | Props total: 1022 1022
 Chief Dee said:
Truthfully it's NOT just the album that upsets people. Drake's entire obsession with Aaliyah from having her tattoo'd on him to name dropping her excessively as if he personally know her rubs people wrong. His overall general dispostion towards Aaliyah is disturbing, bizarre, and stalkerish. The album is just the icing on the cake to put his weird obsession over the top and force other people to speak up and draw the line.
lol word, drake is on some gay scorpio stalker sh*t
 5 years ago '11        #74
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 TizOnly1 said:
You posted 5 times in this thread in 15 minutes though...

Again.. I wrote that post in 3-4 minutes. I know some of you guys are still sounding out words, and staring at the keyboard while you punch at it with your pointers, but for some people, typing in English isn't that hard.
Cause I was responding to peoples' post... and didn't wanna quote them in just one. How does that compare to your 10 paragraph essay you lame?

Whatever n*gga you typed an essay on a hip hop forum about Drake producing a female r&b/pop star album. Yikes.
 5 years ago '04        #75
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7568 7568
I can read and write, and think nothing of it.

I feel bad.
 5 years ago '11        #76
acclaimedknives 63 heat pts63
space
space
$9,402 | Props total: 1022 1022
I don't get why if their family wants to put it out everyone says oh ok...as an artist I wouldn't want my family having creative control over what I do and gets put out, it should be MY and only MY decision, and the decision of artists who work with me and whom I trust to have creative control over my work and what gets put out with me on it
 5 years ago '06        #77
BCB 15 heat pts15
space
space
 ImInHerMouth said:
Tim fell off a long time ago n*gga. Danja brought him back with Futures3x and Blackout and all the other sh*t they did during that time. What sound are you talking about? No I don't wanna hear it. I heard it 12 years ago. I don't wanna hear it again.
You could be right. But how someone bring you back with your own sound ? where did danjas inspiration come from? Reguardless, you know who ima rep for, so u already know what it is. The way tim been acting, tho, you could be right.
 5 years ago '07        #78
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
 EKEK said:
i don't get it. its like saying to new artist they cant sample/cover/remix artists from the 90's because they didn't knew them personally, this sh*t is just some fu*ked up music business politics "it's all about the benjamins baby".
This is not the same.
 5 years ago '11        #79
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
 zhiggeman said:
actually its not. The fact of the matter is this.. imagine if michael jackson before he died, said he wanted to release some newly discovered or old beatles or elvis tracks. instead of releasing them as is, he decided to put them out with him singing and adding them dumb a.ss sound effects and saying this was a beatles or elvis album.. white folks would be ready to lynch that n*gga. not saying she on their level but you get the jist.
Networth, Paul hated that n*gga for purchasing the beetles catalogue, and for merely licensing revolution for a Nike commercial and alot of people agreed with Paul, Now when brothas and sistas do it they should shut up? I really believe alot of n*ggas are still slaves mentally yell™
 09-29-2012, 03:58 PM         #80
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 datVAkid said:
no it isnt... he is getting work from someone else and remaking it and releasing it under her name... thats like a n*gga goes in ur computer takes your unfinished sh*t and releases it to the public under your name...
imagine tito jackson picking up 4 random n*ggaz and go on tour as the jackson 5
temptations did it

Cantankerous said:
I dont think her brother owns her estate , so it doesn't matter , the people who represent aaliyah , wants it. I dont think hating on Drake is the answer , though it doesn't matter. For people so close to her , they seem to be disconnected from her family anyways , why do they care now ?

No matter, the family wants it , I couldn't give a fu*k if Styles P produced it.
lowblow
 Cantankerous said:
you sucking her brothers d!ck ? Is her uncle not her fam , her mothers brother ? its a reason he owns her music, and not the rest.

her uncle also the same n*gga that sold her to rkelly
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
82 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
62 comments
21 hours ago