Ginuwine Tells Drake to Leave Aaliyah Album Alone

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #41
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
I personally would love to hear more new Aaliyah music. I love her just like the majority of us 80 babies do. I mean if you're a man born in the 80s that was in tune with the urban lifestyle you probably had a crush on Aaliyah. Enough Said wasn't offensive, I could have gone without the Drake verse as it doesn't really add anything but it wasn't the worst thing that could happen. I like the song to be honest.
 5 years ago '11        #42
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Tron Carter said:
Diddy made Big's career, out of all people he would be the main one to do a posthumous album. Em should have never gotten the co-sign to do the Pac album, but Pac's mother allowed for it. If many people are coming at you to not do the album esp. the people close to her when she was alive you know something is wrong.
Afeni made Pac
 5 years ago '11        #43
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Peterparker said:

[pic - click to view]

Timbaland and Missy both said that the album shouldn't be done on The Breakfast club and said they would only consider it if Aaliyah's family wanted them to do it. It's about respect no matter how big that artist was or is. The fact is we don't know what Aaliyah would say but leave her sh*t as is if your not apart of the family.
What I'm saying is what makes her so special that she can't have a posthumous album released by someone else? It's not the first time its happened and won't be the last. Why is this so important?
 5 years ago '10        #44
Smith262 57 heat pts57
space
space
$4,912 | Props total: 319 319
who cares there should be no problem the fans get to hear new music from an artist who died so there name lives on
 09-29-2012, 10:53 AM         #45
dslayzie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EKEK said:
i don't get it. its like saying to new artist they cant sample/cover/remix artists from the 90's because they didn't knew them personally, this sh*t is just some fu*ked up music business politics "it's all about the benjamins baby".
i understand that drake as a fan wants to do something for her but to use her name & music after her death and putting it out for financial gain isnt the thing to do. There is suppose to be a certain amount of respect towards another artist. i dont think they care what anyone thinks and will follow the lead of their leader wayne. No respect for other artists at all ,
 5 years ago '06        #46
Prince Ace 35 heat pts35
space
space
$15,732 | Props total: 8921 8921
 Muggz said:
we dont want honey boo boo back here. u keep him.
CripplingLaughter
 5 years ago '11        #47
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
That depressing Drake & 40 sound wasn't Aaliyah's style & "Enough Said" was wack. Let Tim, Missy, or Kells do it or leave it alone.
 5 years ago '04        #48
Kingbee1979 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,459 | Props total: 73 73
 EKEK said:
that's bullsh*t and you both know it.
NO YOUR BEING A BULLsh*tTER... You really a Drake Fan arent you?!!!!

If you are a fan of aaliyah you'd know why everyone is having a type of feeling about this.
 5 years ago '06        #49
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,466 | Props total: 2652 2652
 EKEK said:
that's bullsh*t and you both know it.
no it isnt, he is really getting someone elses unfinished sh*t and finishing it his own way... thats selfish and fu*ked up
 5 years ago '06        #50
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,466 | Props total: 2652 2652
 EKEK said:
i'm sorry but i don't think anyone has to right to tell him not to do it.

he has the right to give his own interpretation to the album and no one can speak in behalf of Aaliyah and decided if she would approve it or not. they just want a slice from the money cake.

im sure that some of the money from the sales will go to her family/memorial fund plus it will expose her to a new and younger audience, whats wrong with that?

and the family has the right to have her Rest In Peace... Im pretty sure u said rest in peace when she died but is she resting in peace right now? naw cause of drakes soft punk a.ss diggin up her sh*t putting on a stick and dancing around the street screaming "AALIYAH's BACK!!!! (executively produced by me)"
 09-29-2012, 11:56 AM         #51
Piccolo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cantankerous said:
you sucking her brothers d!ck ? Is her uncle not her fam , her mothers brother ? its a reason he owns her music, and not the rest.
Its an article. Stop backpedaling.
 5 years ago '04        #52
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,445 | Props total: 6517 6517
i think the dislike for drake is getting everybody upset

people were saying that she didn't condone cussing on the songs she was on and dmx was going off in the first 3 bars of their song
 5 years ago '10        #53
WalmartRollback 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,959 | Props total: 109 109
 Piccolo said:
Its an article. Stop backpedaling.
I see someone had to resort to name calling after the article was laid out.
 5 years ago '10        #54
StillScrappy 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,942 | Props total: 92 92
 tupacnasfan said:
Co-Sign

and yet don't bash at this, that is one of the worst albums of the 21st century.
You know hate means you want to k!ll those people right. So to the guy whos a pac fan, do you really want to k!ll afeni shakur? The mother of the Goat.

Just to tell you if u answer yes no matter what your explanation you're forever a troll
 5 years ago '04        #55
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7569 7569
Couple points.

A) To the dude saying "plenty of posthumous albums come out.. why not this one?"... none of those other sh*ts should have came out either. The world would be a better place without "Born Again", "Biggie Duets", that Pac bullsh*t, and anything the fu*k else that has come out. If the artist didn't die after the album was done.. or after doing significant work on THAT particular album.. the sh*t doesn't need to come out... Especially if somebody is gonna add new elements to the song that the original artist never OK'd or even heard. fu*k that sh*t.

B) To the people saying "the family wants it"... fu*k the family. The family wants money. There is zero other reason to put it out. If it's about the music... the family already has that. The only thing gained by putting it out to the public is that it's now a retail item, generating income for themselves. They obviously need money.. which causes people to forego honor and respect, and go for a cash grab. That's all this is, and no person should respect the family for that.

C) Drake's obsession with Aaliyah is weird and creepy. It's not just because he's a celebrity.. I personally think ANYONE being in love with people they've never met is weird.. but such is the world we live in.. as for this particular case... Aaliyah did NOT make impactful music. She made pop tunes with nice beats, and laid back vibes. That's it. It's not even possible to have connected to that music on so deep of a level.. unless you're just a REALLY shallow corny piece of sh*t person... in which case.. I have zero desire to hear your interpretation on it, 11 years after her death.

Comparing Aaliyah to Bob Marley, or MJ, or John Lennon, or Pac.. or any of the amazing musicians that have actually had social IMPACT just shows you have no idea what these other people represented. Bob Marley represented so much to so many people.. it was way more than music.. it was peace, it was closeness to God, it was love itself.. that was exemplified in his music, and in how he lived life. It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to have been impacted by Aaliyah, as a fan, the same way Marley impacted his. Tupac represented the strength of the oppressed.. a brashness, an attitude... prolific insight on the plight of struggling people.. he represented the dichotomy of all of that, versus gross imperfections, and the ugliness of even the brightest souls born into the bullsh*t so many of us came up in. Aaliyah represented nice girls, who can't really sing or act.. making pop tunes over AMAZINGLY talented producers' work... It's ain't the same at all. And this is coming from somebody that DOESN'T hold Pac, or Marley.. or whoever in all that high of a regard, honestly.

D) When her closest friends are saying the sh*t shouldn't be done.. it probably shouldn't be done. sh*t has nothing to do with them being cut out. I guarantee if ANYONE has Aaliyah lost tapes lying around, it's Timbaland and Missy. Hell Magoo probably has an old TDK in the cassette deck of his '97 Miata right now. They could have gotten the family's blessing, and put something out years ago. They didn't. They showed respect for her as an artist (because no artist wants somebody else tampering with their sh*t, without their say, and putting that out to the public), and as a FRIEND, and let her legacy lay as she left it... the way any self respecting person would want their's to sit. They put out the I Care 4 U album.. with the stuff she was making just before death, and let that rock. If I recall correctly, Aaliyah was planning on putting out another album almost immediately after the "Aaliyah" album anyway.. so that was all part of the plan.. not this gravedigger sh*t.

You youngsters need to chill. You obviously just don't get it.

Music wasn't always just some sh*t to put out, with no meaning behind it.. no feeling.. no connection even to the music you put out as an artist. Nowadays, n*ggas make songs in 3 minutes, about the dumbest sh*t imaginable. Aaliyah, for as emotional devoid as her music was, probably took way more pride in her work, than 90% of people at it today. I can totally understand fans and friends of hers not wanting her work to be reimagined by somebody that never worked with her.

It may be a bit different, if Drake was overseeing some remix project over work we've already heard. I still wouldn't want to hear it.. but it would at least just be a reinterpretation of stuff we already know.

To just take her work... stuff that never came out.. and make it your own.. ignoring whatever vision she had for her own work.. that's clearly just some bullsh*t.

EDIT- If you weren't in the "I Miss U" video, falllllllll back

Last edited by TizOnly1; 09-29-2012 at 12:40 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #56
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1823 1823
 TizOnly1 said:
Couple points.

B) To the people saying "the family wants it"... fu*k the family. The family wants money. There is zero other reason to put it out. If it's about the music... the family already has that. The only thing gained by putting it out to the public is that it's now a retail item, generating income for themselves. They obviously need money.. which causes people to forego honor and respect, and go for a cash grab. That's all this is, and no person should respect the family for that.
You wrote all that sh*t for what ? n*gga you are an internet fan with an opinion , her family who she trusted her estate with , owns her music , fu*k are you to determine their motives , as if you know what Aaliyah , Pac , Big , Pun or who the fu*k ever wants , ya'll n*ggas are lame

If Afeni wanted to do a Pac album with EM , thats her choice. If you care about the artist (since obviously you wrote so many paragraphs) respect THEIR family or in this case, HIS , decision. Thats the person who the artist you care for , trusted.
 5 years ago '04        #57
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Cantankerous said:
You wrote all that sh*t for what ? n*gga you are an internet fan with an opinion , her family who she trusted her estate with , owns her music , fu*k are you to determine their motives , as if you know what Aaliyah , Pac , Big , Pun or who the fu*k ever wants , ya'll n*ggas are lame

If Afeni wanted to do a Pac album with EM , thats her choice. If you care about the artist (since obviously you wrote so many paragraphs) respect THEIR family or in this case, HIS , decision. Thats the person who the artist you care for , trusted.
Sorry. Writing isn't a chore for some people. Thoughts popped up in my head, and I typed them. It's a pretty simple process.

I'm not an Aaliyah fan at all. I am just a person that sees things. You look at the families of tons of successful entertainers, and so many of them are fu*ked up.. so many of them try to make cash off of the name of the successful person in the family. This isn't some new revelation I'm delivering here.

I don't know the family's motivation... I think it's pretty clear and easy to read.. but there's no guarantee I'm right. Sure.

But nobody with a shred of common sense, and any idea about the history of families versus successful artists.. and especially successful DEAD artists.. would ever say some dumb sh*t like "trust the family".

Most real artists don't trust ANYBODY with their work.. that's kinda what makes people special as artists. Only THEY can create what they create. If Afeni or Volleta or whoever could make art like their kids could.. they would have done it. The fact that they choose to do it, without their kid's blessing, is a slap in the face to their child, and their legacy.

You could give Volleta a pass for letting Puff do the sh*t with Big.. since that's who Big worked with.. even though Puff is so obviously a snake, with zero loyalty.. willing to sell out whatever semblance of respect for a cash grab.. but whatever.

I guess you're more trusting of obvious snake sh*t than I am. Good luck with that.

PS- Aaliyah's IMMEDIATE family is against this move. The only family member that is for it, is the one that stands to make money from it. Curious....

EDIT- Aaliyah's "family" also let R. Kelly marry her when she was 14. Some group of people they are...
 5 years ago '04        #58
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
 U'Nikk said:
Not really... it's nothing like that actually. Sampling, covering, and remixing is one thing. But to do an entire album saying it's her is completely different. Drake didn't know Aaliyah, if ANYONE would be doing this album, it should be Timbaland and Missy. They wrote and produced a lot of her hits, and was working with her up until death. She had most success with them. Drake can't create the moments that we know Aaliyah for IMO.
but the thing i dont understand is... drake has the drive to do this. i dont think timbaland was pushing to do this before drake came in and started talking about it. lets be real, who would have a better idea of how her music should sound in 2012? drake of tim? tims washed up guys, step off drake.
 5 years ago '04        #59
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,445 | Props total: 6517 6517
the world would be a better place

this sh!t isn't exactly life altering. the world is going to end if there is one more posthumous album
 5 years ago '04        #60
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 haterade2885 said:
but the thing i dont understand is... drake has the drive to do this. i dont think timbaland was pushing to do this before drake came in and started talking about it. lets be real, who would have a better idea of how her music should sound in 2012? drake of tim? tims washed up guys, step off drake.
That's the point though... if Tim is washed up now.. then an Aaliyah album should even be happening. Timbaland IS her sound. sh*t needs to just be left as it is. Not everything needs a 2012 refresh.

Like if n*ggas find some new, unknown Bethoven sheets, they should give that sh*t to Skrillex to put out, because that's what the people want in 2012?

justinjones said:
the world would be a better place

this sh!t isn't exactly life altering. the world is going to end if there is one more posthumous album
Obviously not a serious comment..
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
51 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy