Ginuwine Tells Drake to Leave Aaliyah Album Alone

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
52 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #21
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1823 1823
 Peterparker said:
I dont think her brother owns her estate , so it doesn't matter , the people who represent aaliyah , wants it. I dont think hating on Drake is the answer , though it doesn't matter. For people so close to her , they seem to be disconnected from her family anyways , why do they care now ?

No matter, the family wants it , I couldn't give a fu*k if Styles P produced it.
 5 years ago '04        #22
RatedQue 51 heat pts51
space
space
$3,375 | Props total: 1046 1046
Aaliyah and no timbo beats = dont do the sh*t. Its gonna be her singing over 40's emo beats? That wasnt even her style. I agree with G on this one leave her legacy alone, this wasnt her sound.
 5 years ago '04        #23
Scream @ Me 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,016 | Props total: 1906 1906
 Phillipmcd said:
I still hate Afeni and Eminem for Loyal To The Game

Same. Afeni obviously didn't care about the quality of Pac's music (at least for that album), she was more-so focused albums sales and having Pac's legacy ride off of Eminem's back, which was complete bullsh*t. Yeah, Eminem has a few alright produced tracks, but to make Eminem the executive producer and handle the whole album? Afeni lost mad respect from me for that one.
 09-28-2012, 08:51 PM         #24
Piccolo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cantankerous said:
I dont think her brother owns her estate , so it doesn't matter , the people who represent aaliyah , wants it. I dont think hating on Drake is the answer , though it doesn't matter. For people so close to her , they seem to be disconnected from her family anyways , why do they care now ?

No matter, the family wants it , I couldn't give a fu*k if Styles P produced it.
You go from saying its a fact her fam supports it to this minor back pedaling. Read the article..her fam dont want to support this in anyway. I believer her uncle owns her music and this venture with drake is a business move. This got nothing to do with "love" or "fam" its money.
 5 years ago '06        #25
BoxerE 
space
space
$1,470 | Props total: 0 0
 EKEK said:
i don't get it. its like saying to new artist they cant sample/cover/remix artists from the 90's because they didn't knew them personally, this sh*t is just some fu*ked up music business politics "it's all about the benjamins baby".
 EKEK said:
that's bullsh*t and you both know it.
 EKEK said:
i'm sorry but i don't think anyone has to right to tell him not to do it.

he has the right to give his own interpretation to the album and no one can speak in behalf of Aaliyah and decided if she would approve it or not. they just want a slice from the money cake.

im sure that some of the money from the sales will go to her family/memorial fund plus it will expose her to a new and younger audience, whats wrong with that?

damn Drake i didn't know you posted on BX
 09-28-2012, 09:14 PM         #26
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chief Dee said:
Truthfully it's NOT just the album that upsets people. Drake's entire obsession with Aaliyah from having her tattoo'd on him to name dropping her excessively as if he personally know her rubs people wrong. His overall general dispostion towards Aaliyah is disturbing, bizarre, and stalkerish. The album is just the icing on the cake to put his weird obsession over the top and force other people to speak up and draw the line.
THIS!!!!!!

drake needs to go back to canada
 5 years ago '09        #27
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
Drake needs to back his bi*ch a.ss off
 5 years ago '07        #28
KingKobraAtlant 
space
space
$1,010 | Props total: 99 99
 EKEK said:

he has the right to give his own interpretation to the album and no one can speak in behalf of Aaliyah and decided if she would approve it or not. they just want a slice from the money cake.

im sure that some of the money from the sales will go to her family/memorial fund plus it will expose her to a new and younger audience, whats wrong with that?

Now this is some Bull!!! Younger audiences know who Aaliyah is. A lot of her music was released after her death. Who are you trying to impress? The 4 and 5 year old crowd? He should work with someone that worked with her. Exempt his corny lines, and try to make something decent.
 5 years ago '05        #29
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1823 1823
 Piccolo said:
You go from saying its a fact her fam supports it to this minor back pedaling. Read the article..her fam dont want to support this in anyway. I believer her uncle owns her music and this venture with drake is a business move. This got nothing to do with "love" or "fam" its money.
you sucking her brothers d!ck ? Is her uncle not her fam , her mothers brother ? its a reason he owns her music, and not the rest.
 5 years ago '04        #30
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
Crazy thing is that I think drake and 40 could really make a hot album with the unreleased vocals. Drake shoulda been smarter about his verse on Enough Said but its a dope track and got people talking about Aaliyah again.

Timbo, Missy, Ginuwine and ever R. Kelly all worked with her and didn't want to touch her left over vocals for 11 plus years. Barry Hankerson, her uncle, started a fukking record label in the mid 90s JUST so he could put out her music and that sh*t was a risk that paid off. Even tho her moms, pops and brother might not be on board, Barry owns her material.
 5 years ago '06        #31
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,904 | Props total: 25791 25791
Drake would fu*k her corpse if he could that n*ggas obsession is on some crazy sh*t
 5 years ago '06        #32
burtbeezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$498 | Props total: 111 111
its funny that the ppl who want him to put this out r drake fans and i dont think he shud put it out she dont know that n*gga they wasnt friends and he just trying to make that money off of it so get off his d!ck
 5 years ago '06        #33
aussie08 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,110 | Props total: 1315 1315
 EKEK said:

5 years ago '06        #34
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,377 | Props total: 4650 4650
 aussie08 said:
but why is Yoda on Bob Marley's back though??
 09-28-2012, 11:43 PM         #35
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DominicanLou said:
but why is Yoda on Bob Marley's back though??
good catch
 5 years ago '11        #36
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Nyuzi said:
Why the fu*k are you defending Drake so damn hard? It's pretty clear that this doesn't look good to a good portion of her fans. I could see him being involved in the project(a few features and a couple beats from 40 as bonus remixes) but to have him spearhead the project seems unauthentic.
what do you suppose? they raise her from the dead?

Honestly, no one should touch the project, cause no one knows how Aaliyah would've wanted her album to sound in 2012. Not Timbaland or Missy, not even her own mother. The fact that they didn't say that, and said they thought they should be involved just shows they feel entitled to a check. Someone picked Drake to do the album cause they figured he was a fan and they like his sound, and I think he should if he wants. Everyone knows he's making the album. No one is under the impression that Aaliyah is releasing this album.
 5 years ago '11        #37
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
and where was everyone when Tupac's legacy was being r*ped? or when Diddy was making Biggie "Duets" album? You think Big would've liked that sh*t? What happened was twitter and FB gave a whole bunch of dumb n*ggas a voice. And can we stop acting like Aaliyah was some legend? She wasn't.
 5 years ago '04        #38
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,187 | Props total: 1072 1072
i'm torn...

on one hand, i don't think he should drop an Aaliyah album without the usual suspects involved or condoning it(Timbo, Missy, Ginuwine, etc)... that just seems out of place in her legacy and body of work... it will stick out like a sore thumb if this album is released... in the same vein as that 2pac/Eminem...

on the other hand, i would be a liar to say i wouldn't listen to it, and support it if i like what i hear...

i'm a fan of music, and at the end of day, if it sounds good to me, i don't really care how i get it...

Last edited by Big War; 09-29-2012 at 12:19 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #39
Tron Carter 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,191 | Props total: 1648 1648
 ImInHerMouth said:
and where was everyone when Tupac's legacy was being r*ped? or when Diddy was making Biggie "Duets" album? You think Big would've liked that sh*t? What happened was twitter and FB gave a whole bunch of dumb n*ggas a voice. And can we stop acting like Aaliyah was some legend? She wasn't.
Diddy made Big's career, out of all people he would be the main one to do a posthumous album. Em should have never gotten the co-sign to do the Pac album, but Pac's mother allowed for it. If many people are coming at you to not do the album esp. the people close to her when she was alive you know something is wrong.
 5 years ago '05        #40
Muggz 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,588 | Props total: 2072 2072
 iThink said:
THIS!!!!!!

drake needs to go back to canada
we dont want honey boo boo back here. u keep him.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
200 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago