Damn!! Is all I can say
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1
7614 pageviews
91 comments

Radio Raheem 14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,187 | Props total: 481 481
Ginuwine Tells Drake to Leave Aaliyah Album Alone

[pic - click to view]

Posthumous albums are always a little touchy, and people are usually apprehensive about supporting them. Even 2pac's "Loyal To The Game" had people questioning whether or not Eminem should be executive producing a 2pac album. Now the drama is focused on Aaliyah, and Drake's plan to executive produce a posthumous album in her memory has been met with much contention. Singer Ginuwine, who collaborated with Aaliyah while she was alive, is of the thought that Drake should just leave the whole thing alone.

"I don't think he should do it," warned Ginuwine. "I don't agree with it. I think he should just leave that alone. I keep hearing about it. I'm not too much up on it but I know a little bit about it. I do know that he's disrespecting Chris and that's just not her legacy. That's not how her legacy should be played out. I don't think he should use her to paddle anybody."

While Ginuwine admitted Drake is a "great artist", he thinks Drizzy can "get more creative than that". What do you think about Drake's controversial decision?

[pic - click to view]

Ginuwine On Posthumous Aaliyah Album: 'Leave That Alone' | Vibe

91 comments for "Ginuwine Tells Drake to Leave Aaliyah Album Alone"

5 years ago '04        #2
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,446 | Props total: 6517 6517
people been telling him to make a album with timbaland for about a decade but he didn't listen

why don't he get at the source that gave the ok

Last edited by justinjones; 09-28-2012 at 05:11 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #3
EKEK 825 heat pts825
space
space
$7,076 | Props total: 1402 1402
i don't get it. its like saying to new artist they cant sample/cover/remix artists from the 90's because they didn't knew them personally, this sh*t is just some fu*ked up music business politics "it's all about the benjamins baby".
 5 years ago '06        #4
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,467 | Props total: 2652 2652
 EKEK said:
i don't get it. its like saying to new artist they cant sample/cover/remix artists from the 90's because they didn't knew them personally, this sh*t is just some fu*ked up music business politics "it's all about the benjamins baby".
no it isnt... he is getting work from someone else and remaking it and releasing it under her name... thats like a n*gga goes in ur computer takes your unfinished sh*t and releases it to the public under your name...
imagine tito jackson picking up 4 random n*ggaz and go on tour as the jackson 5
 09-28-2012, 05:08 PM         #5
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let Drake put that album out, why are they crying.
 5 years ago '08        #6
U'Nikk 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,106 | Props total: 0 0
 EKEK said:
Not really... it's nothing like that actually. Sampling, covering, and remixing is one thing. But to do an entire album saying it's her is completely different. Drake didn't know Aaliyah, if ANYONE would be doing this album, it should be Timbaland and Missy. They wrote and produced a lot of her hits, and was working with her up until death. She had most success with them. Drake can't create the moments that we know Aaliyah for IMO.
 5 years ago '04        #7
EKEK 825 heat pts825
space
space
 datVAkid said:
no it isnt... he is getting work from someone else and remaking it and releasing it under her name... thats like a n*gga goes in ur computer takes your unfinished sh*t and releases it to the public under your name...
imagine tito jackson picking up 4 random n*ggaz and go on tour as the jackson 5
 U'Nikk said:
Not really... it's nothing like that actually. Sampling, covering, and remixing is one thing. But to do an entire album saying it's her is completely different. Drake didn't know Aaliyah, if ANYONE would be doing this album, it should be Timbaland and Missy. They wrote and produced a lot of her hits, and was working with her up until death. She had most success with them. Drake can't create the moments that we know Aaliyah for IMO.
that's bullsh*t and you both know it.
 5 years ago '04        #8
zhiggeman 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,096 | Props total: 3923 3923
 EKEK said:
that's bullsh*t and you both know it.
actually its not. The fact of the matter is this.. imagine if michael jackson before he died, said he wanted to release some newly discovered or old beatles or elvis tracks. instead of releasing them as is, he decided to put them out with him singing and adding them dumb a.ss sound effects and saying this was a beatles or elvis album.. white folks would be ready to lynch that n*gga. not saying she on their level but you get the jist.
 5 years ago '10        #9
trill jackson 741 heat pts741
space
space
$18,920 | Props total: 13562 13562
touchy subject. if you can't get the fam on board abort the whole idea is what i say
 09-28-2012, 05:37 PM         #10
Phillipmcd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I still hate Afeni and Eminem for Loyal To The Game
 5 years ago '04        #11
EKEK 825 heat pts825
space
space
 zhiggeman said:
actually its not. The fact of the matter is this.. imagine if michael jackson before he died, said he wanted to release some newly discovered or old beatles or elvis tracks. instead of releasing them as is, he decided to put them out with him singing and adding them dumb a.ss sound effects and saying this was a beatles or elvis album.. white folks would be ready to lynch that n*gga. not saying she on their level but you get the jist.
i'm sorry but i don't think anyone has to right to tell him not to do it.

he has the right to give his own interpretation to the album and no one can speak in behalf of Aaliyah and decided if she would approve it or not. they just want a slice from the money cake.

im sure that some of the money from the sales will go to her family/memorial fund plus it will expose her to a new and younger audience, whats wrong with that?

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #12
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
 EKEK said:
i'm sorry but i don't think anyone has to right to tell him not to do it.

he has the right to give his own interpretation to the album and no one can speak in behalf of Aaliyah and decided if she would approve it or not. they just want a slice from the money cake.

im sure that some of the money from the sales will go to her family/memorial fund plus it will expose her to a new and younger audience, whats wrong with that?

Truthfully it's NOT just the album that upsets people. Drake's entire obsession with Aaliyah from having her tattoo'd on him to name dropping her excessively as if he personally know her rubs people wrong. His overall general dispostion towards Aaliyah is disturbing, bizarre, and stalkerish. The album is just the icing on the cake to put his weird obsession over the top and force other people to speak up and draw the line.
 5 years ago '12        #13
KUKOC 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,772 | Props total: 1382 1382
R kelly, dame dash, timbo and missy gonna go avengers and fu*k drake up..Then big ghost is gonna go ham on his crippled body...Lol
 5 years ago '06        #14
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,975 | Props total: 13610 13610
Drake is a boss
he do what he like
 5 years ago '04        #15
EKEK 825 heat pts825
space
space
 Chief Dee said:
Truthfully it's NOT just the album that upsets people. Drake's entire obsession with Aaliyah from having her tattoo'd on him to name dropping her excessively as if he personally know her rubs people wrong. His overall general dispostion towards Aaliyah is disturbing, bizarre, and stalkerish. The album is just the icing on the cake to put his weird obsession over the top and force other people to speak up and draw the line.
so you basically saying that you hate drake and this is why you don't want him to produced this album?
 5 years ago '07        #16
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 197 197
 EKEK said:
so you basically saying that you hate drake and this is why you don't want him to produced this album?
Why the fu*k are you defending Drake so damn hard? It's pretty clear that this doesn't look good to a good portion of her fans. I could see him being involved in the project(a few features and a couple beats from 40 as bonus remixes) but to have him spearhead the project seems unauthentic.
 5 years ago '05        #17
meercy|m 
space
space
$9,383 | Props total: 486 486
 justinjones said:
people been telling him to make a album with timbaland for about a decade but he didn't listen

why don't he get at the source that gave the ok

i fu*kin agree... niccaz been sayin da sh*t for ages...
 5 years ago '05        #18
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1823 1823
Fact is her own family is the one who gives the greenlight , respect their decision.
 5 years ago '06        #19
jj01 
space
space
$44,986 | Props total: 4709 4709
elgin>

dude one of the goats
 09-28-2012, 06:58 PM         #20
S E L F 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EKEK said:
Did you really just compare producers sampling music, to some dweeb in possession of a dead artists' music and putting an album out?

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy