Steph Kegels
83 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
54 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
116 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
6299 pageviews
54 comments

Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
space
$9,711 | Props total: 7019 7019
Sep 27 - Teen boy f!ghts to play on high school’s all-girl volleyball team

[pic - click to view]

A young man is f!ghting for his right to play on his high school’s all-girl volleyball team.

Jenson Daniel, a senior at Yonkers High School in New York’s Westchester County, played as the only male on the team last year because the school doesn’t have a boys’ team. This year, he was benched after the state determined he was too strong to play.

“I didn’t ask for any of this,” the 17-year-old told CBS 2 News. “It was just given to me. An opportunity came I went for it. Now they’re taking it away, which I think is unfair.”

The New York High School Athletic League says it isn’t fair to allow Daniel to play because he performed far better than an average girl would on a series of fitness tests.

The school is appealing the ruling, and says Daniel is part of the team.

“Not only physically, but emotionally as a team member,” James Rose, Athletics Director for Yonkers Public Schools, told Fox 5 News. “So I think it is very important for the team to play.”

The girls on the team also want Daniel to stick around.

“He brings a different energy to the team because he’s a boy,” captain Tara Herrera told Fox 5 News. “He motivates the girls to play that much harder.”

Yonkers Schools Superintendent Bernard Pierorazio says the district supports Daniel.

“We are in the business of nurturing potential and, therefore, are committed to providing equal opportunity and access to all of our student athletes,” Pierorazio said in a statement to the Daily News. “Jenson’s passion for the sport underlines the importance of our position and illustrates why the District, after appropriate evaluation, supports his desire to play on the team.”

Daniel, who hopes to get a college scholarship for volleyball, says he “just can’t give up,” and is waiting to hear if he can play in Friday’s game.

[pic - click to view]

Teen boy f!ghts to play on high school’s all-girl volleyball teamÂ* - NY Daily News

54 comments for "Sep 27 - Teen boy fights to play on high school’s all-girl volleyball team"

09-27-2012, 01:40 AM         #2
the player 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
*insert bi*ch n*gga gif here*
 5 years ago '12        #3
noverum 
space
space
$2,881 | Props total: 1655 1655
 the player said:
*insert bi*ch n*gga gif here*
Meh. Volleyball is played by men too (for a moment I thought that this was netball, in which case I'd agree with you). This guy has, however, found himself in the unfortunate position of being a part of a school that doesn't have a male team. With a scholarship on the line and an opportunity to progress towards the field of professional male volleyball under threat, refusing to allow this guy a chance to compete in the only team available to him within his developmental environment on account of physical characteristics beyond his control is a ploy in discrimination, plain and simple.

If this was just volleyball for fun, it would be different; but it's not just for fun - this is a prospective passage into college. Robbing an aspiring athlete of the opportunity to get valuable match experience because he's too strong is absurd, if not criminal.

Can you imagine if the roles were reversed?

Last edited by noverum; 09-27-2012 at 02:18 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #4
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,928 | Props total: 56 56
Is there a mens volley ball team in college?
 5 years ago '11        #5
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,412 | Props total: 3974 3974
solution...

[pic - click to view]

But I see where he coming from. But I can't believe there is no other school he could possibly play volleyball at. If that IS the case tho, then they need to find a way to accommodate him.

I really don't see how u can have a boy play on a girl's squad tho. Any game they win will be in question.

Last edited by Tony Franks; 09-27-2012 at 11:58 AM..
 09-27-2012, 11:54 AM         #6
the player 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 noverum said:
Meh. Volleyball is played by men too (for a moment I thought that this was netball, in which case I'd agree with you). This guy has, however, found himself in the unfortunate position of being a part of a school that doesn't have a male team. With a scholarship on the line and an opportunity to progress towards the field of professional male volleyball under threat, refusing to allow this guy a chance to compete in the only team available to him within his developmental environment on account of physical characteristics beyond his control is a ploy in discrimination, plain and simple.

If this was just volleyball for fun, it would be different; but it's not just for fun - this is a prospective passage into college. Robbing an aspiring athlete of the opportunity to get valuable match experience because he's too strong is absurd, if not criminal.

women's rights sh*tstorm
 5 years ago '12        #7
Jake2by4 
space
space
space
$1,023 | Props total: 12 12
I would wanna join the girl volleyball too but just to slap they a.ss and not get slap back
 5 years ago '05        #8
LyricalSkyllz 
space
space
$750 | Props total: 472 472
 Tony Franks said:
solution...

[pic - click to view]

But I see where he coming from. But I can't believe there is no other school he could possibly play volleyball at. If that IS the case tho, then they need to find a way to accommodate him.

I really don't see how u can have a boy play on a girl's squad tho. Any game they win will be in question.

Ladybugs
 09-27-2012, 05:28 PM         #9
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I remember back in the day they made us play volleyball in gym class like 1nce a week. Fuhkin' hated that sh*t!
Take the volleyballs & play basketball with them sh*ts. Lol
 5 years ago '08        #10
ExNihilo 49 heat pts49
space
space
$20,296 | Props total: 22216 22216
The other way around would be a sh!tstorm, all the females that play HS football, but that's normally cuz they don't have any other options to play. (Most womens leagues are 18+).

But you gotta be kidding me to say he can't find any HS age club teams in NY. Most guys get scholi's and real looks through club programs (boxing, bball, golf).
 5 years ago '10        #11
FRESCO THE 13TH 49 heat pts49
space
space
$1,771 | Props total: 235 235
 Based_One said:

[pic - click to view]

A young man is f!ghting for his right to play on his high school’s all-girl volleyball team.

Jenson Daniel, a senior at Yonkers High School in New York’s Westchester County, played as the only male on the team last year because the school doesn’t have a boys’ team. This year, he was benched after the state determined he was too strong to play.

“I didn’t ask for any of this,” the 17-year-old told CBS 2 News. “It was just given to me. An opportunity came I went for it. Now they’re taking it away, which I think is unfair.”

The New York High School Athletic League says it isn’t fair to allow Daniel to play because he performed far better than an average girl would on a series of fitness tests.

The school is appealing the ruling, and says Daniel is part of the team.

“Not only physically, but emotionally as a team member,” James Rose, Athletics Director for Yonkers Public Schools, told Fox 5 News. “So I think it is very important for the team to play.”

The girls on the team also want Daniel to stick around.

“He brings a different energy to the team because he’s a boy,” captain Tara Herrera told Fox 5 News. “He motivates the girls to play that much harder.”

Yonkers Schools Superintendent Bernard Pierorazio says the district supports Daniel.

“We are in the business of nurturing potential and, therefore, are committed to providing equal opportunity and access to all of our student athletes,” Pierorazio said in a statement to the Daily News. “Jenson’s passion for the sport underlines the importance of our position and illustrates why the District, after appropriate evaluation, supports his desire to play on the team.”

Daniel, who hopes to get a college scholarship for volleyball, says he “just can’t give up,” and is waiting to hear if he can play in Friday’s game.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #12
ezduzit 9 heat pts
space
space
$9,249 | Props total: 2422 2422
wonder what the feminists would say bout this
 5 years ago '05        #13
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,424 | Props total: 4766 4766
 noverum said:
they have been reversed many times before, that's why he was able to play on the girls team in the first place...

girls make the boys roster typically when they have no alternative way to play (no girls team in their housing zone), but those rules apply both ways...
 09-27-2012, 07:28 PM         #14
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why the fu*k would you want to play on a mens volleyball team sh*t put me in coach
 5 years ago '10        #15
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,112 | Props total: 1271 1271
f*ggot or brilliant cause them volleyball broads be looking nice in them shorts
 5 years ago '10        #16
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1617 1617

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

volleyball broads>>>>
 5 years ago '11        #17
GrindPOWER$ 391 heat pts391
space
space
$19,296 | Props total: 12684 12684
dude stop it and get women like all men do.

does the school have a basketbal or football team take your self and go play a man sport you can't
slick a can a grease

just read the females want him there okay then he good lol
 5 years ago '11        #18
ShaquilleBrown 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,786 | Props total: 1346 1346
 peeyump said:
f*ggot or brilliant cause them volleyball broads be looking nice in them shorts
Word.

Womens soccer though
 5 years ago '08        #19
L.A's HiGhEsT 76 heat pts76
space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 1 1

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #20
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,773 | Props total: 22160 22160
It's probably someone on Boxden right now. I can't stop laughing.

:osama dead:
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
71 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
64 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy