Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions - Week 4 (1pm est. FOX)

most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
96 comments
@games
most viewed right now
 NCAAF Georgia LB Natrez Patrick was arrested for this amount of weed
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 NBA KD is easily the best player in the NBA
27 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who will win
Vikings 14 50.00%
Lions 14 50.00%
Voters: 28. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #41
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$82,012 | Props total: 11816 11816
 Pistol Peter said:
no avy bets?

and why do stafford look like tighten from megamind?
 Pistol Peter said:
hey viking fans you got a avy in mind for the lion fans?...if you don't i do
 Pistol Peter, bears packers thread said:
lmao ay bruh real spit..why are lion fans always on page 1 of bears game day threads...other than bear fans and the team fans that they are facing

fu*k up
 09-27-2012, 08:17 AM         #42
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz looks at defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh during a game Nov. 24, 2011 in Detroit. / Getty Images

By Dave Birkett
Detroit Free Press Sports Writer

The Detroit Lions failed to record a sack in Sunday’s overtime loss to the Tennessee Titans, for the first time since Jim Schwartz’s first season as head coach. But Schwartz downplayed any concern he has about the pass rush in an interview on WXYT-FM (97.1) today.

“From the last game, yes, (I’m concerned),” Schwartz said on the "Karsch & Anderson" show. “We need to do a better job rushing. We didn’t have any sacks, and we very rarely had pressure. That being said, the first two weeks, we had seven sacks. Our pressure was coming, and they weren’t coming off of blitzes, they were coming off of our four-man pass rush.”

The Lions have invested heavily in their defensive line in recent years and have only gotten marginal returns this season.

Defensive tackles Ndamukong Suh and Corey Williams have two sacks each and played well the first two games, but ends Cliff Avril and Kyle Vanden Bosch haven’t applied consistent pressure from the outside.

Avril’s only sack came in Week 1, on a desperate final play when he hit St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford from behind. Vanden Bosch was called for a facemask penalty on his only sack, in Week 2 against Alex Smith.

Against the Titans, the Lions were credited for just one hit (by Suh) and no sacks in 42 pass attempts. Titans quarterback Jake Locker, in his third career start, threw for 378 yards.

With their secondary still shorthanded at safety -- Louis Delmas hasn’t practiced since early August because of a knee injury -- the Lions need a return to dominance Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings and quarterback Christian Ponder, who’s second in the NFL through two weeks, completing 70.1% of his passes.

“We have good players up front,” Schwartz said on WXYT. “We had a bad day rushing the passer.”

More highlights from Schwartz’s radio appearance today:

• On the final play of the Titans game: “The strategy there was, hey, we have a field goal, but let’s continue to be aggressive, and let’s do the safest thing that we can aggressively do, and that’s try to draw them offsides. Like I said yesterday, my job, as a head coach, is to weigh all the options and also weigh the risks and benefits. And what I thought was no risk at all turned into being some risk and, like I said, that’s on my shoulders as head coach. I have to be able to cover every different option.”

• On whether quarterback Matthew Stafford’s leg injury is serious: “We’ll see as the week goes on.”

• On Delmas’ return: “Every week, he’s a little bit closer, but the only guide that we have there is his health and his ability to do his job on the field Louis is an extremely prideful player, and we’re a better team when he’s on the field. It makes no sense to get him out there before he’s ready, either setting him back even further or hurting the defense if he can’t go do what he’s supposed to do. It’s very difficult to be patient in that situation, but that’s where we remain. And he is extremely committed to rehab and everything else, and it’s probably gone slower than everybody wanted it to, but we never had a timetable.”

• On running back Mikel Leshoure’s debut last week: “I think he’s just getting his feet wet. That was a long game; we played a lot of snaps in that game. He’s going to get better game shape. He’s not in bad shape -- he’s actually in very good shape -- but he’s going to get in more game shape, just from playing more. His reads will be a little bit crisper, his runs will be a little bit crisper. I think you’re only seeing the beginning of MIkel Leshoure.”

5 years ago '07        #43
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 torious said:

fu*k up
ahhh you save quotes that i said weeks ago?

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #44
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 Pistol Peter said:
ahhh you save quotes that i said weeks ago?

[pic - click to view]

this ain't amateur hour buddy, you got to step it up

i'm in midseason form already Petey

elephant memory fully functional, troll mode afterburners engaged, anything you say from this point forward can and will be held against you
 5 years ago '10        #45
beigebabie 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 3 3
 torious said:
this ain't amateur hour buddy, you got to step it up

i'm in midseason form already Petey

elephant memory fully functional, troll mode afterburners engaged, anything you say from this point forward can and will be held against you
TASK FORCE TASK FORCE TASK FORCE MUST PROTECT THE LIONS AT ALL COSTS

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #46
space
space
don't get me wrong i love a got troll fest...but you lion fans are taking it a tad too far
 5 years ago '04        #47
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 Pistol Peter said:
don't get me wrong i love a got troll fest...but you lion fans are taking it a tad too far
Let me get this straight. Quoting an old post is off limits. but beastiality soccer gifs are par for the course.

[pic - click to view]

Got it.
 5 years ago '07        #48
space
space
 torious said:
Let me get this straight. Quoting an old post is off limits. but beastiality soccer gifs are par for the course.

[pic - click to view]

Got it.
SHOO TROLL SHOOO!!!...DON'T COME NEAR ME..STAY BACK YOU!!!...arggh you foul beast..you swine of the darkness
 5 years ago '04        #49
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 Pistol Peter said:
SHOO TROLL SHOOO!!!...DON'T COME NEAR ME..STAY BACK YOU!!!...arggh you foul beast..you swine of the darkness
 5 years ago '04        #50
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
Stafford (hip) worked with the Lions' first-team offense during the media access portion of Thursday's practice, Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press reports.
Spin: Stafford, who did not practice Wednesday, didn't seem to be affected by his hip issue at practice Thursday and a.ssuming no setbacks, he appears to be on track to start Sunday against the Vikings.
 5 years ago '05        #51
TheT 21 heat pts21 OP
space
space
$16,913 | Props total: 717 717
 s7venwords said:

[pic - click to view]

Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz looks at defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh during a game Nov. 24, 2011 in Detroit. / Getty Images

By Dave Birkett
Detroit Free Press Sports Writer

The Detroit Lions failed to record a sack in Sunday’s overtime loss to the Tennessee Titans, for the first time since Jim Schwartz’s first season as head coach. But Schwartz downplayed any concern he has about the pass rush in an interview on WXYT-FM (97.1) today.

“From the last game, yes, (I’m concerned),” Schwartz said on the "Karsch & Anderson" show. “We need to do a better job rushing. We didn’t have any sacks, and we very rarely had pressure. That being said, the first two weeks, we had seven sacks. Our pressure was coming, and they weren’t coming off of blitzes, they were coming off of our four-man pass rush.”

The Lions have invested heavily in their defensive line in recent years and have only gotten marginal returns this season.

Defensive tackles Ndamukong Suh and Corey Williams have two sacks each and played well the first two games, but ends Cliff Avril and Kyle Vanden Bosch haven’t applied consistent pressure from the outside.

Avril’s only sack came in Week 1, on a desperate final play when he hit St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford from behind. Vanden Bosch was called for a facemask penalty on his only sack, in Week 2 against Alex Smith.

Against the Titans, the Lions were credited for just one hit (by Suh) and no sacks in 42 pass attempts. Titans quarterback Jake Locker, in his third career start, threw for 378 yards.

With their secondary still shorthanded at safety -- Louis Delmas hasn’t practiced since early August because of a knee injury -- the Lions need a return to dominance Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings and quarterback Christian Ponder, who’s second in the NFL through two weeks, completing 70.1% of his passes.

“We have good players up front,” Schwartz said on WXYT. “We had a bad day rushing the passer.”

More highlights from Schwartz’s radio appearance today:

• On the final play of the Titans game: “The strategy there was, hey, we have a field goal, but let’s continue to be aggressive, and let’s do the safest thing that we can aggressively do, and that’s try to draw them offsides. Like I said yesterday, my job, as a head coach, is to weigh all the options and also weigh the risks and benefits. And what I thought was no risk at all turned into being some risk and, like I said, that’s on my shoulders as head coach. I have to be able to cover every different option.”

• On whether quarterback Matthew Stafford’s leg injury is serious: “We’ll see as the week goes on.”

• On Delmas’ return: “Every week, he’s a little bit closer, but the only guide that we have there is his health and his ability to do his job on the field Louis is an extremely prideful player, and we’re a better team when he’s on the field. It makes no sense to get him out there before he’s ready, either setting him back even further or hurting the defense if he can’t go do what he’s supposed to do. It’s very difficult to be patient in that situation, but that’s where we remain. And he is extremely committed to rehab and everything else, and it’s probably gone slower than everybody wanted it to, but we never had a timetable.”

• On running back Mikel Leshoure’s debut last week: “I think he’s just getting his feet wet. That was a long game; we played a lot of snaps in that game. He’s going to get better game shape. He’s not in bad shape -- he’s actually in very good shape -- but he’s going to get in more game shape, just from playing more. His reads will be a little bit crisper, his runs will be a little bit crisper. I think you’re only seeing the beginning of MIkel Leshoure.”

@ them even thinking about sacking Ponder.
 5 years ago '04        #52
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 TheT said:
@ them even thinking about sacking Ponder.
The goons gonna be ready, just make sure Joe Webb is ready to report for duty

Can he lead the Vikings to another extraordinarily miraculous comeback loss
 09-27-2012, 11:53 AM         #53
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 09-27-2012, 12:28 PM         #54
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 brazidee said:
The Lions beat the Bills 38-32.
 5 years ago '05        #55
TheT 21 heat pts21 OP
space
space
 torious said:
The goons gonna be ready, just make sure Joe Webb is ready to report for duty

Can he lead the Vikings to another extraordinarily miraculous comeback loss

This isn't last year...the team has grown and primed to finish close games. You just hope glassford can suit up.
 5 years ago '05        #56
TheT 21 heat pts21 OP
space
space
 brazidee said:

Your team is trash.
 5 years ago '06        #57
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,373 | Props total: 5652 5652
glassford won't even survive the game. I like how lions fans are puffin their chest out like we don't take manhoods out here.
 09-27-2012, 03:39 PM         #58
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

5 years ago '06        #59
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,452 | Props total: 1099 1099
our lord and Stafford

Megamothafu*kintron

Why are Bears fans in here?
 5 years ago '04        #60
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
I think this could be a legit good game

two potent offenses. both solid pass rushes. both p!ss poor secondaries
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
85 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
22 hours ago