Apple Says Scratches and Chips are "Normal"

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
152 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #41
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,843 | Props total: 269 269
 fat_boyy21 said:
all you've been doing is trying to throw threads off topic on some 'stanley' bs... alot of people on here like myself own android and ios devices... and you're really gonna act like you and the rest of the sheep aren't in every android thread.

back on topic..since you and Kadillac are replacing PTC as the head trolls, care to explain how scuffs and chipping are 'normal' for brand new phones ... i'll wait
Theyre not normal. I dont care either cause 1) i dont have an 5 2) my phone doesnt have scratches on it and 3) i dont speak for companies that dont pay me.

It sucks for the ppl who got em but how does that affect me? Lol

Now answer this for me: you think its 'normal' to make a thread about issues on a certain cell phone and see the same dudes in there circle jerking each other and high fiving like their team just won The World Championship of the Best OS?

Is that normal?
 5 years ago '12        #42
noverum 
space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 1654 1654
 regulate said:
Jobs would be appalled.
 5 years ago '07        #43
pete jr 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,951 | Props total: 1144 1144
It sucks because I like the apple ecosystem an I'd like to have a bigger screen but I'm disappointed in how apple rolled out this product (chipped & with keyboard errors). There just isn't enough of an upgrade over my 4s for me spend $200.
 5 years ago '06        #44
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
 finishim said:
the only thin hard to believe is that these people took these phones out with scratches already on them, I'd bet next weeks check that they just dinged it up on accident quick and are looking for their 15, any metal or paint with scratch and chip with use or dropping etc, find it real hard to believe these people's phone were shipped this way, oh well, doesn't affect me
 5 years ago '04        #45
mr_underground|m 1964 heat pts1964
space
space
$22,735 | Props total: 28380 28380
Damn, Apple lost big time, when was the last time you had this many issues with an Apple release:

1) Maps.

2) Niks and scratches.

3) Yellow screen.

4) USB stuck.

5) Purple hue on pics

6) Battery performance.

7) Light leak.

8) Screen flicker

9) Siri giving wrong weather.

This sounds like someone who bought a $50 phone from dhgate.com
 5 years ago '10        #46
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$3,990 | Props total: 5675 5675
The phone is aluminum...aluminum is soft and prone to denting and such. This isnt quality control. I dont have a case on my iPhone 5...and I dont care if my aluminum back gets scratched. Its prolly gon look bad a.ss by next year, might scrape all the paint off and have it looking rustic.

The soft aluminum saves weight and "cushions" the glass screen from breaking. I love this phone and glad Apple replaced the steel.
 5 years ago '06        #47
edouble2k6 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,529 | Props total: 190 190
If you have to put a case on this phone just to hold it in your hand, what's the point of giving it such a clean finish. Might as well make the natural casing out of wood and make it more durable since people just going to put a case on it anyway.
 5 years ago '04        #48
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,568 | Props total: 2714 2714
 XxHeAtMaKeRxX said:
Theyre not normal. I dont care either cause 1) i dont have an 5 2) my phone doesnt have scratches on it and 3) i dont speak for companies that dont pay me.

Now answer this for me: you think its 'normal' to make a thread about issues on a certain cell phone and see the same dudes in there circle jerking each other and high fiving like their team just won The World Championship of the Best OS?

Is that normal?
this is the wireless section... you gotta understand some people just say sh*t to get response outta people and every company is gonna have people riding for them. some people on here deserve the hate that they're getting right now cuz it was the reverse in here not too long ago
 5 years ago '06        #49
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
Shouldve went with plastic. No scratches here
 5 years ago '05        #50
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 589 589
 5 years ago '05        #51
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,722 | Props total: 2207 2207
Thats fu*ked up. Well, they'll probably have the problems taken care of by the next version of the iphone 5 next year.
 5 years ago '04        #52
Explicit 239 heat pts239
space
space
$10,090 | Props total: 2389 2389
 XxHeAtMaKeRxX said:

Is that normal?
Well considering the Android stans and the Apple sheep in the wireless section do this, I don't get if you're trying to diss both sides or just failed at dissing one. . . .
 5 years ago '04        #53
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,568 | Props total: 2714 2714
 FrankAndBeans said:
The phone is aluminum...aluminum is soft and prone to denting and such. This isnt quality control. I dont have a case on my iPhone 5...and I dont care if my aluminum back gets scratched. Its prolly gon look bad a.ss by next year, might scrape all the paint off and have it looking rustic.

The soft aluminum saves weight and "cushions" the glass screen from breaking. I love this phone and glad Apple replaced the steel.
the phone is going for $1000+ unlocked... even if you get it subsidized it's still worth that much. I would sure as hell care if it was easily losing paint and getting dents. I think for the first time I'm seeing the benefits of the samsung using plastic.
 5 years ago '05        #54
4 Letter Words 
space
space
$735 | Props total: 0 0
 JCSIII said:
Its an outdated phone so why not add some wear and tear to match.
 5 years ago '04        #55
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,902 | Props total: 833 833
 mr_underground said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #56
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,693 | Props total: 2426 2426
Mines Is In Perfect Condition
 5 years ago '05        #57
CMar22 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,673 | Props total: 715 715
 mr_underground said:
Damn, Apple lost big time, when was the last time you had this many issues with an Apple release:

1) Maps.

2) Niks and scratches.

3) Yellow screen.

4) USB stuck.

5) Purple hue on pics

6) Battery performance.

7) Light leak.

8) Screen flicker

9) Siri giving wrong weather.

I bought a black iPhone 5 on friday and have had none of these problems. Of course your going to get a few crappy phones out of millions. It just happens that people hold apple to a higher standard so they get even more pissed when it happens. Not an apple stan by the way. Just got burned with android twice so now trying the iphone and so far I like it.
 09-26-2012, 09:10 PM         #58
Tagalog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what kind of answer is that!!! would u buy a car with a scratch and scuff damm. The amount of money a customer pay for iphone it should be perfect not half a.ss ya know damm apple getting sh*tty
 5 years ago '11        #59
UrbanGAAWD 209 heat pts209
space
space
$7,295 | Props total: 1071 1071
I'm buying a brand new car, let's say a Nissan 370Z and there isn't a car the color you want so they order it for you(pretty common thing nowadays) and your car comes in a week later and you get to the dealership and you see it has dents, scratches, door dings, one window can't roll down and the top doesn't close all the way and you tell the sellman(Apple Stores) and they in turn ask the manager/owner of the dealership(Apple itself) and they tell you, "ehhh fu*k it, it's not that big of deal".....I mean you would freak out and would get mad....instead you are getting mad at the dealership across the street that has nothing to do with it

Kinda a weak comparison but I wanted to just point out that people are displacing their anger at everyone and thing except the one place it should be, it should be lobby at Apple...like Google and Microsoft gets protesters at their buildings and people regularly getting on their a.sses when Apple comes out like they are the perfect company even if they fu*k over the customer regularly
 5 years ago '11        #60
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,366 | Props total: 4238 4238
 urbangatsby said:
I'm buying a brand new car, let's say a Nissan 370Z and there isn't a car the color you want so they order it for you(pretty common thing nowadays) and your car comes in a week later and you get to the dealership and you see it has dents, scratches, door dings, one window can't roll down and the top doesn't close all the way and you tell the sellman(Apple Stores) and they in turn ask the manager/owner of the dealership(Apple itself) and they tell you, "ehhh fu*k it, it's not that big of deal".....I mean you would freak out and would get mad....instead you are getting mad at the dealership across the street that has nothing to do with it

Kinda a weak comparison but I wanted to just point out that people are displacing their anger at everyone and thing except the one place it should be, it should be lobby at Apple...like Google and Microsoft gets protesters at their buildings and people regularly getting on their a.sses when Apple comes out like they are the perfect company even if they fu*k over the customer regularly
If you go to the Apple store they will exchange it...I just got a 10 month old 4S replaced with no hassle.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
33 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
286 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
148 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
46 comments
24 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
54 comments
19 hours ago