Sorry Packers fans but thats the right call by rule thats a TD, NFL got it right.

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #161
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
and AGAIN...

if ur team got a win like this would u give a fu*k?
 5 years ago '11        #162
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,201 | Props total: 17585 17585
I wake up... and sh*t is 8 pages

when me and EGOmaniac destroyed this thread in 3

This K1 kid deserves a medal b
 5 years ago '07        #163
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 Fly 2ndComing said:
The more I watch some of these gifs and highlights I'm starting to believe Tate just might have had possession and dont think it was an interception. Just going back to look at the gif posted by finishhim that I quoted a couple of times is odd. Watch as Tate gets his left hand on the ball(the same time as Jennings gets two hands on it) and then watch immediately after and see Jennings momentum pulled forward. He isn't carried forward or just happened to fall forward there is a quick snatching of him forward which leads me to ask if Jennings has so much control of the ball as everybody has stated and I originally believed then why wasn't he able to stop that force?

Golden Tate had to have had more control of the pass then many have given him credit for.
Here check it out again

[pic - click to view]

Damn I ain't gonna lie, the more I look at it the more it does kinda look like it could have been equal possession. Tate's hand caught the back tip of the ball simultaneously as Jenning's caught the sides of it. Since Tate's hand was on the back end of it, you could even argue that Tate touched it first. Hard to say say Jennings had true possession of the ball if Tate's hand was on it at the same time pulling it his way too.

Tate was able to get his right hand on the ball before Jennings got both feet on the ground. Possession = 2 hands + 2 feet on the ground. Tate was the first with 2 hands + 2 feet on the ground as they were both f!ghting for it. So you could argue that Tate had possession first OR it was equal possession, either way Tate get's the call. Last night I was for sure that sh*t was an INT but now I think... maybe not. WTF is going on? Am I trippin cause it's too early or could this really be??

Last edited by Bullseye; 09-25-2012 at 07:27 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #164
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376
sorta reminds me of the Brady fumble in the playoff game against the Raiders back in 02'. This is a case of a bogus NFL rule being up held. Also that chargers/bronco's game where Cutler fumbled the ball and they ruled it an incomplete pass allowing Denver to beat the Chargers.

The problem is that it was ruled a touchdown and after review there was not enough evidence to overturn it. The fact is that both the receiver and the defender had a hand on it and while Tate only had one hand his right hand may or may have not wrapped around it as they hit the ground. As long as you maintain possession before you hit the ground then it is considered a catch. There was too many defenders to clearly see whether or not Tate's right hand got on before or during when they hit the ground. When a receiver and a defender both have their hands on a ball no matter who seemingly has more control the winner (receiver) wins the race basically.

Do I think it is an interception? Of course, did Tate push off? Undoubtedly.

The normal refs make bad plays too but the replacement refs are like the sub teachers of the league so everyone tries to push and see what they can get away with. The sub refs aren't nearly as good as the normal refs but lets not act like normal refs don't fu*k up too. I think it was a bogus call but in close games personal accountability comes into effect as well. When the game is that close certain plays are left in the hands of the refs and they might fu*k up, which has happened plenty of times.
 5 years ago '04        #165
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,983 | Props total: 11774 11774
 dre03 said:
You can't gain possession in the air though... And that is what the media and analysts are forgetting here... They are so quick to blatantly hate on the replacement refs they are forgetting the fundamental rule of possession... When MD gets his hands on the ball first he is in the air none of his feet are on the ground... By the time he places his second foot on the ground Tate already has both his hands on the ball and they fall to the ground...

Everyone is looking at the top of the play and automatically giving MD possession because he grabbed the ball first... But no one seems to notice that he has no feet on the ground thus he cannot be given possession of a football with two feet in the air...

Fly 2ndComing said:
You have to understand their job as members of the media. Plus, they are emotional fans just like you and I and can have that emotion cause them to be wrong. Just because they played the game or covered it for years doesn't make the foremost authority especially when agendas are in play.

None of those analysts wanted replacement officials used and have talked down on them at every chance the moment it was announced. With the power they have over the public with media platforms you'd think they would choose their words better than they currently do because what they say holds too much weight with the general public and now they are just frustrated, overemotional fans and not analysts.

regularjoe said:
Why should we listen to players, analysts, insiders, etc, etc, etc.... When we have BX's K1 and Dre03. I mean... obviously they know it all. It's just a coincidence EVERYONE in anyway affiliated with the game disagrees with you.
you're forgetting about torious, the Ed Hochuli of the BXSC.. he approves of this message as well

PTC said:
Yes the rules are fu*ked but here's my point, Jennings had possession FIRST... I'm not going into this, "finishing" the catch bullsh*t, because it doesn't matter, it wasn't "simultaneous" at all.
can't tell if serious. honestly. did you not watch football at ALL over the past two seasons? the rules changed fool. a catch is determined based on whether it is COMPLETED AT THE GROUND.. Jennings did not do that. Everybody saw the Lions get "robbed" of a touchdown the first Monday night game with the bears a couple seasons ago, only to eat crow because we all (myself included) realized that THIS RULE HAD CHANGED. It happens every fucccking week, a reeceiver willl "catch" a ball, come down with it, but as he hits the ground, the balll will either come lose, touch the ground and become dislodged from his hands upon impact, or be stripped by a defender (Golden Tate played the role of a "defender" in this scenario, ironically), and the referees will, correctly rule it not a catch. golden tate was able to secure simultaneous possession of the ball at the ground, which is ultimately, as has been ignored by 99% of the media pundits, boxden, etcc. THE MOST IMPORTANT VARIABLE in determining a catch as per the rules, and in the event of simultaneous possession, TD goes to offense.

so again, HOW in the hell can you ignore the going to the ground part? I didn't think so, GB fans..

Last edited by torious; 09-25-2012 at 06:44 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #166
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space

[video - click to view]

watch and listen to everything in this video including the commentary by the official AND the commentator, then tell me, IF THIS ISN'T A CATCH HOW THE HELL DID JENNINGS MAKE A CATCH?
the rule has not changed

it was a unique circumstance in which tate got both hands on the ball. again, as everyone except the brainwashed ignoramuses and the teary eyed packer fans who are doing this
[pic - click to view]

have said, possession of the balll in the AIR is fairly irrelevant.. what ultimately determines whether hte ccatch is made or not is whether the receiver maintains possession throughout the completion of the catch, including at the ground
he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone.

ether

Last edited by torious; 09-25-2012 at 07:36 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #167
dblock187s 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,824 | Props total: 2285 2285
n*ggas aint talkin bout them 8 sacks tho shoulda never even came down to one play so give up
 5 years ago '07        #168
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
 torious said:

you're forgetting about torious, the Ed Hochuli of the BXSC.. he approves of this message as well

can't tell if serious. honestly. did you not watch football at ALL over the past two seasons? the rules changed fool. a catch is determined based on whether it is COMPLETED AT THE GROUND.. Jennings did not do that. Everybody saw the Lions get "robbed" of a touchdown the first Monday night game with the bears a couple seasons ago, only to eat crow because we all (myself included) realized that THIS RULE HAD CHANGED. It happens every fucccking week, a reeceiver willl "catch" a ball, come down with it, but as he hits the ground, the balll will either come lose, touch the ground and become dislodged from his hands upon impact, or be stripped by a defender (Golden Tate played the role of a "defender" in this scenario, ironically), and the referees will, correctly rule it not a catch. golden tate was able to secure simultaneous possession of the ball at the ground, which is ultimately, as has been ignored by 99% of the media pundits, boxden, etcc. THE MOST IMPORTANT VARIABLE in determining a catch as per the rules, and in the event of simultaneous possession, TD goes to offense.

so again, HOW in the hell can you ignore the going to the ground part? I didn't think so, GB fans..
You got a real good point. Almost every game WR's catch it in the air and come down and get it knocked out before they get 2 feet on the ground and it ain't ruled a catch.
 5 years ago '04        #169
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 vikvon said:
sorta reminds me of the Brady fumble in the playoff game against the Raiders back in 02'. This is a case of a bogus NFL rule being up held. Also that chargers/bronco's game where Cutler fumbled the ball and they ruled it an incomplete pass allowing Denver to beat the Chargers.

The problem is that it was ruled a touchdown and after review there was not enough evidence to overturn it. The fact is that both the receiver and the defender had a hand on it and while Tate only had one hand his right hand may or may have not wrapped around it as they hit the ground. As long as you maintain possession before you hit the ground then it is considered a catch. .
stopped reading there because you couldn't be more wrong. that's NOT the criteria for a catch. you should know this as a bear fan, considering this rule was what "robbed us " of a win at soldier field in 2010

he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone.
he didn't,, flat out. and if you're seriously in the camp who says that 'the refs are dictating the outcomes of the games too much', you can't be serious if you think the pushoff should have been called on a last second hail mary play it is cute how everyone has been trying to talk out of both sides of their mouths, but there are only about 4 people in this thread who truly understand the rule, how it's worked over the past two seasons. see my above posts if you're still confused
 5 years ago '04        #170
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 Bullseye said:
You got a real good point. Almost every game WR's catch it in the air and come down and get it knocked out before they get 2 feet on the ground and it ain't ruled a catch.
exxxxxaccccccctlly. n*ggas dont hear it tho they're blinded by the emotions and anger. it happened in the bears game at soldier field, happened again to megatron on sunday in nasheville, he got a catch, maintained possession of it, went out of bounds, then hit the ground and lost possession because as the ball hit the ground, it got dislodged from his hands and went out. they (CORRECTLY) rules it an incomplete pass. at first i was like but then i applauded the consistency with which they've been enforcing the rule.

the review officials are REAL SEASONED, NFL OFFICIALS. they know more about the rules then the scab refs, steve young, trent dilfer, john gruden, regular joe, ego maniac, joe schmo, klew, and the evidence i've provided over the last 4 posts backs these statements up 100000%

5 years ago '05        #171
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,554 | Props total: 1156 1156
packers got that 1st down which was bs too. i mean that was offensive pass interference i mean tate clearly shoves shields. but oh well thats how the game goes

the lions game burleson fumbled and titans should've won with that instead the refs said he didn't and we get the ball and tie it up. the refs are bad all the way around. i mean id hate winning games on bs calls. they need to get some better refs.
 5 years ago '05        #172
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
The push off was straight up blatant, then the rule clearly states simultaneous possession #43 clearly had the ball in his chest.
 5 years ago '10        #173
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,681 | Props total: 200 200
the starter of this thread should apply to ref in the NFL during the lockout. that was not a catch by rule.
 5 years ago '12        #174
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,744 | Props total: 22117 22117

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #175
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 ThePainkiller said:

[pic - click to view]

read my last few posts.. if you can refute, i'm all ears. same goes for Joe, e G o and all the other packer fans and randoms who claim it's a troll thread
 5 years ago '07        #176
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
According to NFL Rules, you need 2 feet on the ground + possession. Doesn't matter who grabbed it in the air first, it matters who has both hands on it and both feet on the ground first. Tate grabbed it simultaneously as Jennings grabbed it. Then both players had both hands on the ball when both their feet landed. Hard to say Jennings had true possession if Tate had his hands on it and was f!ghting for it the whole time too. At the least, maybe an equal possession, which goes to the WR. According to me, Jennings got the INT. But according to NFL rules, the refs may have been right....

Watch the slow mo

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Bullseye; 09-25-2012 at 07:52 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #177
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,744 | Props total: 22117 22117
 torious said:
read my last few posts.. if you can refute, i'm all ears. same goes for Joe, e G o and all the other packer fans and randoms who claim it's a troll thread
Osama, you're a nobody on the Internet who has blatantly been baiting all last night. Whereas I am a journalist and analyst. That's not a catch at all and you know it yourself. Get off your Aladdin magic carpet and come back to reality. I am not going to read or respond to your so called "reasoning" because you and 3 other guys are being biased towards the decision. As I said, your opinion doesn't count. Even Analyst on TV and football players themselves know it wasn't a touchdown.
 5 years ago '08        #178
I.J. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,357 | Props total: 615 615
I didnt hear not 1 person past officials coaches players etc. agree with the call. Its clear jennings had it. If you believe that the replacement refs made the correct call you stupid like them refs!
 5 years ago '04        #179
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 I.J. said:
I didnt hear not 1 person past officials coaches players etc. agree with the call. Its clear jennings had it. If you believe that the replacement refs made the correct call you stupid like them refs!

the booth reviews are done by SEASONED NFL officials. you guys keep ignoring the rule and basic human logic. it's a stupid rule but it's the rule.

"but but but but but but john gruden said it was tragic"
 5 years ago '04        #180
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,665 | Props total: 516 516
Just came back in to say most of BX are some damn fools to begin with. Every day I see the sports arguments in this section and people say some of the most idiotic bullsh*t I've ever heard. Some of y'all are even worse than casual sports fans. People don't know of certain rules, people oversimplifying the game in an effort to stan and troll. Just overall stupidity. But I'm supposed to believe this is a catch because a few of you bozos say so . Already gave my explanations on how it was an interception. The correct interpretation of the rule plus the video evidence says this is a pick, no questions asked.

The fact alone that many of you are still going by what happened on the ground instead of in the air is mind boggling. Possession and control is not determined by having two feet down. Referees determine control and possession at the point of a catch. After that, they determine if it's a complete pass/interception by looking at feet down, process of the catch, etc. So in this particular play, MD Jennings establishes control first. If it's not obvious to you that he did at the highest point of the catch then take it a step further and tell me that golden tate trying to reestablish control on the ball mid-fall isn't enough to say the DB had the possession first. Only when they hit the ground does Golden Tate establish full control, but it shouldn't matter at that point because A - the defender should be ruled down by contact, and B - He never loses control of the ball, AT ANY fu*kING POINT.

Y'all are going to continue to argue this into the ground, though, so I don't even know why I'm wasting my time. A bunch of dumb fu*ks who've never set foot on a football field and don't know how to interpret the rules are supposed to be right over the countless analyst, players, and officials that have commented on the play though. Gotta love Boxden.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
228 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dead by Daylight - Freddy Krueger Gameplay
13 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
23 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy