Sorry Packers fans but thats the right call by rule thats a TD, NFL got it right.

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
173 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #141
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
 PTC said:
First off, even tho it was pass interference, refs NEVER call offensive pass interference on a hail mary... it's actually little veteran trick for that play. So no matter if real or these wack a.ss refs, there would have been no PI called... not that this is right, but you can't blame the officials here.

Now... the way the OP is interpreting all this sh*t is just retarded.

[pic - click to view]

So I guess your hand can just come off the ball to try and gain control of the ball while the defender has the ball in posession
Jennings feet are still off the ground though so it doesn't matter. Look at the NFL catch rule people just keep ignoring that .
 5 years ago '11        #142
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 K1Entertainment said:
Jennings feet are still off the ground though so it doesn't matter. Look at the NFL catch rule people just keep ignoring that .
Doesn't really matter, Jennings had possession first when he he hit the ground...
 5 years ago '11        #143
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Sorry, but Tate doesn't have "possession" here, which is what we're debating correct? "Possession"? "control"?

This is what we're arguing right?

If that was a fumble, would Tate been given the ball? No, he didn't have possession.

So what you seem to be arguing is that, Tate was able to get two hands on the ball before Jennings hit the ground (which didn't happen), but even if he did, what you're telling me is, a DB can catch it in mid air (no feet on the ground), and a WR can just put both his hands only on the ball with his feet on the ground, and thus would be a TD for the WR at this point? So this would make a DB part of the football now? So before the DB lands on the ground, it don't even matter cuz the WR has both hands on the ball while the ball is in the DB's body, but it doesn't matter cuz at THIS moment it becomes a touchdown right?

GTFOH.

Last edited by PTC; 09-25-2012 at 03:07 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #144
raw51188 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,606 | Props total: 1 1
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I have a question Using CGI to take away Jennings, if Tate makes the catch one handed and comes down with it that would be an awesome catch right? Wouldn't the refs award him a reception and TD on the play? So, why can't he have that same one handed catch simultaneously with another guy having two hands on the ball?

You don't' need two hands to make catches in the NFL right? It's been some really good catches in history with just one hand. Just a question

This is all based on the gif that you posted here that is.
bc based on the gif (WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED), he would've needed to actually possess the ball one handed. and he did not. if jennings were not there, he might have come down with it and possessed it. but jennings possessed it before tate could. therefore, not a simultaneous catch.
 5 years ago '09        #145
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,427 | Props total: 12368 12368
 raw51188 said:
bc based on the gif (WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED), he would've needed to actually possess the ball one handed. and he did not. if jennings were not there, he might have come down with it and possessed it. but jennings possessed it before tate could. therefore, not a simultaneous catch.
So explain Tate's left hand and it touching the ball first or at the same time as Jennings in the air. Not that possession can be established in the air but just a question, based on the gif I quoted.
 5 years ago '09        #146
space
space
 PTC said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Sorry, but Tate doesn't have "possession" here, which is what we're debating correct? "Possession"? "control"?

This is what we're arguing right?

If that was a fumble, would Tate been given the ball? No, he didn't have possession.

So what you seem to be arguing is that, Tate was able to get two hands on the ball before Jennings hit the ground (which didn't happen), but even if he did, what you're telling me is, a DB can catch it in mid air (no feet on the ground), and a WR can just put both his hands only on the ball with his feet on the ground, and thus would be a TD for the WR at this point? So this would make a DB part of the football now? So before the DB lands on the ground, it don't even matter cuz the WR has both hands on the ball while the ball is in the DB's body, but it doesn't matter cuz at THIS moment it becomes a touchdown right?

GTFOH.
But the first pic you show doesn't tell me Tate doesn't possess the ball as his hands are under the defensive back and shielded from view. Also, Jennings hasn't actually been declared down in that pic either because he still has a foot that isn't on the ground. Another thing even if he gets both feet down the rule states that you have to go to the ground and maintain control before they rule you having a catch.

The rules are actually what's fu*ked up because there is a lot of room for interpretation especially considering you have two rules at play here and they almost contradict one another. Oh and we can't forget the guy(replay official) who is well versed in all of these rules and had several angles to watch it all declaring it a touchdown to the officials on the field. He's no rookie replacement official, he's a regular so how do we explain his role in it and what his ruling was?
 5 years ago '11        #147
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
So explain Tate's left hand and it touching the ball first or at the same time as Jennings in the air. Not that possession can be established in the air but just a question, based on the gif I quoted.
Because the DB is not part of the ball.

The DB is in the air with both hands on the ball against his body, this effects the outcome of the play.

Again, you guys are interpreting the rule all fu*ked up.

Here is a similar example as to what I just did, and with your question involved...

Scenario:

QB throws the ball to the end zone inaccurately straight to the DB and he has to jump up real high to get it, and the WR isn't very close... the WR takes a few steps as the DB catches the ball against his body, and then the WR just sticks 1 hand on the ball while the DB is still in the air...

What you guys are constituting is that at this point the WR has possession because he has 1 hand on the ball and because he has two feet on the ground, thus making the DB part of the ball, because you are negating the fact that DB has both hands on the ball against his chest.
 5 years ago '11        #148
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
But the first pic you show doesn't tell me Tate doesn't possess the ball as his hands are under the defensive back and shielded from view. Also, Jennings hasn't actually been declared down in that pic either because he still has a foot that isn't on the ground. Another thing even if he gets both feet down the rule states that you have to go to the ground and maintain control before they rule you having a catch.

The rules are actually what's fu*ked up because there is a lot of room for interpretation especially considering you have two rules at play here and they almost contradict one another. Oh and we can't forget the guy(replay official) who is well versed in all of these rules and had several angles to watch it all declaring it a touchdown to the officials on the field. He's no rookie replacement official, he's a regular so how do we explain his role in it and what his ruling was?
Yes the rules are fu*ked but here's my point, Jennings had possession FIRST... I'm not going into this, "finishing" the catch bullsh*t, because it doesn't matter, it wasn't "simultaneous" at all.

The DB caught the ball in the air and came down with it then Tate fought for the ball... the DB has POSSESSION.

Again, if this was a fumble, TATE would NEVER be in consideration of control of the ball at ANY point.

Tate was NEVER IN POSSESSION of the ball. He was f!ghting FOR possession the whole time.
 5 years ago '11        #149
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
Jennings had the ball cradled against his body as he landed, there is no fu*king way you can give Tate possession/control of the ball at ANY point.

It was clear that Jennings had CONTROL and POSSESSION of the ball first, in the air, on the ground, it doesn't fu*kin matter, Tate was hugging his shoulder.

BTW the pic the OP posted was fu*kin stupid as fu*k, you have to post a picture the moment the referee began to raise his hands for a TD (indicating, at this point he determined it was a TD) not when he already decided with his hands in the air

Last edited by PTC; 09-25-2012 at 03:46 AM..
 5 years ago '09        #150
space
space
 PTC said:
Because the DB is not part of the ball.

The DB is in the air with both hands on the ball against his body, this effects the outcome of the play.

Again, you guys are interpreting the rule all fu*ked up.

Here is a similar example as to what I just did, and with your question involved...

Scenario:

QB throws the ball to the end zone inaccurately straight to the DB and he has to jump up real high to get it, and the WR isn't very close... the WR takes a few steps as the DB catches the ball against his body, and then the WR just sticks 1 hand on the ball while the DB is still in the air...

What you guys are constituting is that at this point the WR has possession because he has 1 hand on the ball and because he has two feet on the ground, thus making the DB part of the ball, because you are negating the fact that DB has both hands on the ball against his chest.
But, you still haven't answered my question. Tate has his hand on the ball first before Jennings grabs it with two hands. So, how can we say Tate never has possession when in fact he is almost forced by Jennings to have possession because he gets his left hand behind the ball right before Jennings grabs it with two hands and brings the ball into his body while at the same time pulling Golden Tate's left hand with him. All that is originally and there is some shifting as they go to the ground which is a whole different can of worms to get into.

It doesn't matter what happened in the air. Since you gave a scenario, here's one. A DB or WR jumps high in the air(your terms) snags a pass clearly in the air and as he comes down lands on a guy with the ball between them and the wind is knocked out of him so he lets go but the ball stays on top of the other guy as he rolls over to catch his breath. The other guy will get possession of the ball

Again, the rules are what is fu*ked up here because the NFL says you have to come down and complete the catch for it to count as a reception then they also say you can only have simultaneous catch if both parties catch it in the air at the same time.

So is a catch when you grab the ball or when you finish the act all the way out? I guess that's for the refs to decide and on Monday Night they decided.
 5 years ago '04        #151
TheGreatDane 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,458 | Props total: 367 367
I am not a fan of either team but I do have vested interest in GB cause that's my lady's team. Now cause of this bullsh*t I ain't getting no head no a.ss for a couple days....fu*k Godell. Check out my web stream at I will be online tommorrow around 2 pm Pacfic.
 5 years ago '11        #152
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
But, you still haven't answered my question. Tate has his hand on the ball first before Jennings grabs it with two hands. So, how can we say Tate never has possession when in fact he is almost forced by Jennings to have possession because he gets his left hand behind the ball right before Jennings grabs it with two hands and brings the ball into his body while at the same time pulling Golden Tate's left hand with him. All that is originally and there is some shifting as they go to the ground which is a whole different can of worms to get into.

It doesn't matter what happened in the air. Since you gave a scenario, here's one. A DB or WR jumps high in the air(your terms) snags a pass clearly in the air and as he comes down lands on a guy with the ball between them and the wind is knocked out of him so he lets go but the ball stays on top of the other guy as he rolls over to catch his breath. The other guy will get possession of the ball

Again, the rules are what is fu*ked up here because the NFL says you have to come down and complete the catch for it to count as a reception then they also say you can only have simultaneous catch if both parties catch it in the air at the same time.

So is a catch when you grab the ball or when you finish the act all the way out? I guess that's for the refs to decide and on Monday Night they decided.

[pic - click to view]

Jennings hands are IN FRONT of Tates, so no Jennings had his hand on the ball first.
 5 years ago '09        #153
space
space
The more I watch some of these gifs and highlights I'm starting to believe Tate just might have had possession and dont think it was an interception. Just going back to look at the gif posted by finishhim that I quoted a couple of times is odd. Watch as Tate gets his left hand on the ball(the same time as Jennings gets two hands on it) and then watch immediately after and see Jennings momentum pulled forward. He isn't carried forward or just happened to fall forward there is a quick snatching of him forward which leads me to ask if Jennings has so much control of the ball as everybody has stated and I originally believed then why wasn't he able to stop that force?

Golden Tate had to have had more control of the pass then many have given him credit for.
Here check it out again

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #154
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
You're scenario is different because the player who caught the ball was never down by contact nor did he finish the process.
 5 years ago '09        #155
space
space
 PTC said:
In your scenario, if the WR came down and both his feet hit the ground before all that happened, it would be a TD. But if the DB came down and gave it to the WR, it would be the WR's ball because the DB was never down by contact.

[pic - click to view]

Jennings hands are IN FRONT of Tates, so no Jennings had his hand on the ball first.
You are right, Jennings' hands are in front of Tate's on the front of the football. Guess where Tate's left hand is, on the back of the football. Just because the angle shows his hands to be in front doesn't make him the first one to be on the ball. The football is large enough for them both to have hands on it as your picture shows.
 5 years ago '04        #156
TheGreatDane 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,458 | Props total: 367 367
It was a INT shut the fu*k up/thread. GB was robbed blind now go to bed n*ggaz.
 5 years ago '11        #157
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
The more I watch some of these gifs and highlights I'm starting to believe Tate just might have had possession and dont think it was an interception. Just going back to look at the gif posted by finishhim that I quoted a couple of times is odd. Watch as Tate gets his left hand on the ball(the same time as Jennings gets two hands on it) and then watch immediately after and see Jennings momentum pulled forward. He isn't carried forward or just happened to fall forward there is a quick snatching of him forward which leads me to ask if Jennings has so much control of the ball as everybody has stated and I originally believed then why wasn't he able to stop that force?

Golden Tate had to have had more control of the pass then many have given him credit for.
Here check it out again

[pic - click to view]

Jennings momentum had nothing to do with Tate, his body was leaned forward and he was coming down, and pushing himself against the ball.

After looking at that video, it does look like Tate has one hand on the ball, but never POSSESSION... if you see, the ball bounces up to his fingertips.
 5 years ago '08        #158
AxelFoley 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,188 | Props total: 1235 1235
 Fly 2ndComing said:

Here check it out again

[pic - click to view]

Look closely, on the way down Tate's right arm clearly came off the ball, while Jennings maintained possession with TWO HANDS on the ball the whole time. Even if Tate did have his left hand on the ball the whole time, the fact that he removed his right hand on the way down for that split second, should have automatically given possession to Jennings.
 5 years ago '12        #159
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,628 | Props total: 2140 2140
 AxelFoley said:
Look closely, on the way down Tate's right arm clearly came off the ball, while Jennings maintained possession with TWO HANDS on the ball the whole time. Even if Tate did have his left hand on the ball the whole time, the fact that he removed his right hand on the way down for that split second, should have automatically given possession to Jennings.
His right arm was never on the ball until they hit the ground.
 5 years ago '11        #160
Chad09 160 heat pts160
space
space
$10,966 | Props total: 637 637
GB got fu*ked over. WOW That was a INT....he came down with the ball, and the WR pushed off before that. BS Touchdown these refs are a fu*king JOKE.

Last edited by Chad09; 09-25-2012 at 05:36 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago