Sorry Packers fans but thats the right call by rule thats a TD, NFL got it right.

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
29 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #101
bigchiefsugar 
space
space
$1,059 | Props total: 20 20
Knock that sh*t down, instead of going for the pick??
 5 years ago '04        #102
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
 regularjoe said:
Here we go... "the media, the media".
You wanna act like there is no east coast bias here?

I doubt many would give 2 fu*ks if this happened to Seattle they would spin that sh*t so hard for the Packers, because the call was right. I think its funny no one on TV is bringing up the actual catch possession rule ...... just cause you have it in the air doesn't mean your going to have it when you touch the groun.
 5 years ago '04        #103
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
what you're missing is you have to complete the process, and Tate didn't, I'm not even mad about it, it's too ridiculous to be mad and you're wrong, I'm out
 5 years ago '04        #104
dre03 
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 2452 2452
 regularjoe said:

I don't even know what to say. Obviously Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, Jon Gruden, and the rest of the analysts on ESPN, the NFL Network, have no idea what they're talking about. I guess it's just a coincidence. You don't like the Packers, we get it. You want to hate on them every chance you get, we get it. It's cool, I understand.
None of them ever said anything about his feet... Me not liking the Packers doesn't change the rule dumbass... Am i lying? Possession cannot be given in the air... That is the rule don't get upset with me cuz you know that is the rule... MD clearly had the ball in his arms first in the air but by the time his feet reaches the ground Tate has his hands on the ball and already has both of his feet on the ground... You know for a fact possession of a catch is not given in air...

And since you want to be a smart a.ss all the analysts including Mariucci also were upset that the call wasn't overturned... Yet they once again failed to realize that the call on the field was a touchdown... So by the rule in a replay if the call on the field is a touchdown the replay cannot determine which player has possession and thus cannot be overturned... They didn't know that either until Gerry Austin told them so on air... So yeah they don't know what they talking about...
 5 years ago '09        #105
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,433 | Props total: 12370 12370
 regularjoe said:

I don't even know what to say. Obviously Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, Jon Gruden, and the rest of the analysts on ESPN, the NFL Network, have no idea what they're talking about. I guess it's just a coincidence. You don't like the Packers, we get it. You want to hate on them every chance you get, we get it. It's cool, I understand.
You have to understand their job as members of the media. Plus, they are emotional fans just like you and I and can have that emotion cause them to be wrong. Just because they played the game or covered it for years doesn't make the foremost authority especially when agendas are in play.

None of those analysts wanted replacement officials used and have talked down on them at every chance the moment it was announced. With the power they have over the public with media platforms you'd think they would choose their words better than they currently do because what they say holds too much weight with the general public and now they are just frustrated, overemotional fans and not analysts.
 5 years ago '04        #106
Gambino 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,723 | Props total: 331 331
 K1Entertainment said:
^that happened in the air which doesn't matter all that matters is what happens when they have feet or any other body part hit the ground.

Exactly what I am trying to explain to these people.

Also people have to realize the media is taking this and blowing it up because its a perfect jumping point for them to talk about the controversy surrounding the replacement refs which they think will put pressure on the NFL to get a deal done but it won't. sh*t if anything people should be talking about the actual horrible calls that went on during the game that extended drives for GB like that PI on Cam and there were some against both teams. Also if this were to happen to Seattle and not GB there wouldn't be as much attention.
I am going to go with the opinion of the ex players, coaches, and referees in the media over a guy advertising his business in his sig. Clearly and INT. Caught it in the air maintained possession all the way to the ground. Some people go out of their way to troll. I am not a Packer fan at all btw.
 5 years ago '04        #107
dre03 
space
space
 bigchiefsugar said:
Knock that sh*t down, instead of going for the pick??
Tennessee tried that yesterday and it ended up being a TD for the Lions... My Texans tried that 2 years ago and it ended up being a touchdown for the Jaguars... If you can catch it then catch it... Teams are starting to place a receiver at the goal line waiting for the batted ball to catch it... U can no longer just knock it down
 5 years ago '04        #108
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,556 | Props total: 13172 13172
 K1Entertainment said:
You wanna act like there is no east coast bias here?

I doubt many would give 2 fu*ks if this happened to Seattle they would spin that sh*t so hard for the Packers, because the call was right. I think its funny no one on TV is bringing up the actual catch possession rule ...... just cause you have it in the air doesn't mean your going to have it when you touch the groun.
 dre03 said:
None of them ever said anything about his feet... Me not liking the Packers doesn't change the rule dumbass... Am i lying? Possession cannot be given in the air... That is the rule don't get upset with me cuz you know that is the rule... MD clearly had the ball in his arms first in the air but by the time his feet reaches the ground Tate has his hands on the ball and already has both of his feet on the ground... You know for a fact possession of a catch is not given in air...

And since you want to be a smart a.ss all the analysts including Mariucci also were upset that the call wasn't overturned... Yet they once again failed to realize that the call on the field was a touchdown... So by the rule in a replay if the call on the field is a touchdown the replay cannot determine which player has possession and thus cannot be overturned... They didn't know that either until Gerry Austin told them so on air... So yeah they don't know what they talking about...
Why should we listen to players, analysts, insiders, etc, etc, etc.... When we have BX's K1 and Dre03. I mean... obviously they know it all. It's just a coincidence EVERYONE in anyway affiliated with the game disagrees with you.
 5 years ago '04        #109
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
You have to understand their job as members of the media. Plus, they are emotional fans just like you and I and can have that emotion cause them to be wrong. Just because they played the game or covered it for years doesn't make the foremost authority especially when agendas are in play.

None of those analysts wanted replacement officials used and have talked down on them at every chance the moment it was announced. With the power they have over the public with media platforms you'd think they would choose their words better than they currently do because what they say holds too much weight with the general public and now they are just frustrated, overemotional fans and not analysts.
So it's just a coincidence the guy who RAISED THE 12TH MAN FLAG FOR SEATTLE vehemently disagrees with the call? It's just because he's... "the media".

Ok.
 5 years ago '09        #110
space
space
 e G o Maniac said:
EXACTLY. The fact that people are failing to see this is astounding. But this is BX. The day I'm asked to believe a bunch of internet personalities on a site known to breed stupidity over league insiders, players, officials, analysts, and so on is the day I should k!ll myself. Not even sure why I posted in this thread. It was an interception, plain and simple. Have a nice day.
So since these analysts are so great at their jobs, are never wrong, are so knowledgeable that they get every game right and every champion right tell me why you disagreed with Carter saying Megatron wasnt a top ten WR. Let me guess Mr Packer, you agreed with the same analysts that picked Seattle before the game tonight right? You agreed with the same analysts that said it was time to panic after game one this year right?

I understand it's cool to say you'd rather listen to the analysts over people on the internet but these analysts and players can be just as wrong as the internet people you are trashing. There's tons of proof, just google or youtube Emmitt Smith's analysis
 5 years ago '04        #111
bigchiefsugar 
space
space
$1,059 | Props total: 20 20
 dre03 said:
Tennessee tried that yesterday and it ended up being a TD for the Lions... My Texans tried that 2 years ago and it ended up being a touchdown for the Jaguars... If you can catch it then catch it... Teams are starting to place a receiver at the goal line waiting for the batted ball to catch it... U can no longer just knock it down
aint gotta knock it to the goal line, sh*t anywhere but there
 5 years ago '04        #112
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
So since these analysts are so great at their jobs, are never wrong, are so knowledgeable that they get every game right and every champion right tell me why you disagreed with Carter saying Megatron wasnt a top ten WR. Let me guess Mr Packer, you agreed with the same analysts that picked Seattle before the game tonight right? You agreed with the same analysts that said it was time to panic after game one this year right?

I understand it's cool to say you'd rather listen to the analysts over people on the internet but these analysts and players can be just as wrong as the internet people you are trashing. There's tons of proof, just google or youtube Emmitt Smith's analysis
So it's a coincidence they're ALL wrong?

We know you hate the Packers, and that's cool, but just make sure you mention that's why you're taking that stand.
 5 years ago '09        #113
space
space
 regularjoe said:
So it's just a coincidence the guy who RAISED THE 12TH MAN FLAG FOR SEATTLE vehemently disagrees with the call? It's just because he's... "the media".

Ok.
Not just the media, I also called him an overemotional fan too.
 5 years ago '04        #114
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
 regularjoe said:
Why should we listen to players, analysts, insiders, etc, etc, etc.... When we have BX's K1 and Dre03. I mean... obviously they know it all. It's just a coincidence EVERYONE in anyway affiliated with the game disagrees with you.
Because all those people can be wrong too and they do not always take things into full consideration Gruden even admitted he was a coach in the NFL for years and he doesn't even understand all the rules, I thought Gruden was very unprofessional on that final call thats something he should not do I know he got a lot of Packers fans worked up by saying all that he said.

One of the worst calls I seen all year happened in the TB game vs NYG and it was completely ignored, calling that Mike Williams catch a no catch when it really should been a first down catch and then fumble out of bounds, but no one ever talked about that in the media I was shocked because this was the perfect time to k!ll the replacement officials yet it got ignored and it was a crucial call at the end of the game. It was a horrible call that got completely overlooked.

Oh yeah refs did miss one thing Clay Matthews roughing the QB when the ball was clearly out of Wilson's hands at the end of the game there but no one mentions that.
 5 years ago '04        #115
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Not just the media, I also called him an overemotional fan too.
From a rival:

I’m A Minnesota Viking, And I Think The Packers Got Screwed
Chris Kluwe
« Previous entry

To: Tommy Craggs, Stefan Fatsis, Drew Magary

So when we first started talking, I thought it would be fun to poke at the replacement refs a bit, maybe illustrate that they weren't prepared to operate on the level the NFL requires. But never in my worst nightmares did I imagine we'd see what just happened on Monday Night Football. The outcome of a regular-season NFL game, one of 16 in the season, was determined by the replacement refs, and they got it irrevocably wrong. For the second year in a row, Slate and Deadspin are teaming up for a season-long NFL roundtable. Check back here each week as a rotating cast of football watchers discusses the weekend's key plays, coaching decisions, and traumatic brain injuries. And click here to play the latest episode of Slate's sports podcast Hang Up and Listen.
I'm speaking, of course, of the game that just concluded between the Seahawks and the Packers, a game that came down to the very last play, and a game which illustrated beyond a doubt that the replacement officials simply are not qualified for the NFL. Like I've said before, it's not due to lack of effort or desire, but simply due to a lack of ability. Just like we wouldn't expect a high school player to keep pace with Ray Lewis, it's unfair to think the replacements can handle the pressure and intensity of a stage that they've never been on.

Let's be clear: We're past the preseason now. These games really matter, and the Packers just lost one that counts for real, one that by all rights they should have won. As a divisional rival, it pains me to say this, but the Packers got royally horsebuggered on that last play, and this could have serious implications down the road when it comes to playoff seeds and homefield advantage.

One of the main points Commissioner Goodell has always harped on is protecting the shield: not letting anything tarnish the brand of the NFL. Commissioner, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but right now the shield is tarnishing faster than a sailor's virtue in a two-dollar wh0orehouse. Players see it; coaches see it; fans see it. These refs are not fit to stand in for the men you've locked out for what is increasingly looking like nothing more than simple greed—attempting to squeeze blood from a stone simply because you can. The NFL is America's No. 1 sport in part because everyone watching it knows that the players determine the outcome of a game, not the refs. As of right now, you're hurting business by putting a product out on the field that challenges that belief.

We all know that the regular refs sometimes get calls wrong, but never this egregiously, never this overtly. Sure, they may miss a pass interference or a holding call, but they always mark off the right yardage, and there's a trust that they'll get the vast majority of the calls right. Right now, there's no trust for the replacement refs. We've seen them make mistake after mistake, and it'll only get worse as players and coaches continue to push the envelope to see what they can get away with (extra timeouts are pretty awesome, not gonna lie).

As a player, as someone whose paycheck relies on the fans' interest and their consumption of this game, I'm asking you to do what's best for the NFL and get the regular refs back on the field. It may sting your pride, and that of the owners who employ you, but at the end of the day this is a business, and a very successful one at that. I'm asking you: Please don't risk alienating your customers over something that should never have been an issue in the first place. Bring the regular refs back before it gets even worse.

But...but...but... he's just media or an emotional fan.

5 years ago '04        #116
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 K1Entertainment said:
Because all those people can be wrong too and they do not always take things into full consideration Gruden even admitted he was a coach in the NFL for years and he doesn't even understand all the rules, I thought Gruden was very unprofessional on that final call thats something he should not do I know he got a lot of Packers fans worked up by saying all that he said.

One of the worst calls I seen all year happened in the TB game vs NYG and it was completely ignored, calling that Mike Williams catch a no catch when it really should been a first down catch and then fumble out of bounds, but no one ever talked about that in the media I was shocked because this was the perfect time to k!ll the replacement officials yet it got ignored and it was a crucial call at the end of the game. It was a horrible call that got completely overlooked.

Oh yeah refs did miss one thing Clay Matthews roughing the QB when the ball was clearly out of Wilson's hands at the end of the game there but no one mentions that.
But K1 knows all the rules? K1 knows more than ALL the analysts, players, insiders, coaches, former refs, etc, etc combined? Right...
 5 years ago '04        #117
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
 regularjoe said:
But K1 knows all the rules? K1 knows more than ALL the analysts, players, insiders, coaches, former refs, etc, etc combined? Right...
Never said I did. Refs definitely know all the rules though.

Refs obviously know the rules or they wouldn't have ruled it a TD. I promise you the real refs would of ruled the same thing.
 5 years ago '04        #118
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 K1Entertainment said:
Never said I did. Refs definitely know all the rules though.

Refs obviously know the rules or they wouldn't have ruled it a TD. I promise you the real refs would of ruled the same thing.
"Would of..."

Keep trying
 5 years ago '04        #119
dre03 
space
space
 regularjoe said:

We know you hate the Packers, and that's cool, but just make sure you mention that's why you're taking that stand.
You are being a hypocrite... You saying i am taking my stand because i hate the Packers when you are only taking your stand because you are a Packers fan... You can't try and call me out for my stand when you are clearly bias...

The difference is i gave you actual NFL rules of why the call was correct... You can't dispute the rule so you just attack my reasons for bringing up the rule... Cuz you know based on the rule the call was correct

You then try to use the analysts "can't all be wrong" statement as evidence for yourself... then i give you evidence that showed them all being wrong on the replay until they were corrected by an ex NFL referee... Now you defense is still they can't all be wrong???

Now tell me whose being biased here?? I give you rules which are facts and you give me opinions and a.ssumptions... Now tell me how my interpretation of the rule is incorrect with facts... Don't give me this you don't like the Packers and all the analysts can't be wrong teeny bopper gossip sh*t... Even Jon Gruden admits all the time he doesn't know all the rules anymore because they change frequently
 5 years ago '09        #120
space
space
 regularjoe said:

Nope, wrong again. I dont hate the Packers unless my team is playing them. Any other time I like to watch them for a couple of reasons I won't disclose and Charles Woodson is one of my favorite players in the league. I even fu*ks with Mike McCarthy because he was once apart of the 49ers organization.

As for the call, I choose to look at all sides of it rationally instead of flying off the handle like everybody else has done while forming an opinion on the play. While I think the play was an interception there is evidence to argue otherwise which can't be ignored. The problem is all of this evidence was looked at by an NFL official, not a replacement official, in the replay booth and confirmed as a TD which causes me to wonder if it truly was a TD.

I know you are a fan and you hate this sh*t so I'll let you do your thing and stay pissed off because I understand.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy