Sorry Packers fans but thats the right call by rule thats a TD, NFL got it right.

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
14 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
209 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #81
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 K1Entertainment said:
Ummm

The catch rule in NFL, also pertains to a player intercepting the ball

"A player is in possession when he is in firm grip and control of the ball inbounds. To gain possession of a loose ball that has been caught, intercepted or recovered, a player must have complete control of the ball and have both feet completely on the ground inbounds or any other part of his body, other than his hands, on the ground inbounds. If the player loses the ball while simultaneously touching both feet or any other part of his body to the ground or if there is any doubt that the acts were simultaneous, there is no possession. This rule applies to the field of play and in the end zone."

so yeah it does not matter if he had it in the air when it mattered when body parts hit the ground it was both players with the arms/hands whatever wrapped around it.
pretty sure you ethered yourself by the next sentence of the rule, he didn't maintain through hitting the ground
 5 years ago '04        #82
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
yet one more gif of the int
[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #83
eCity 420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,257 | Props total: 836 836
 finishim said:
certainly he's maiming through the fall to the ground whether its simultaneous by opinion or not

[pic - click to view]

look at Tates hand under the ball

should of swatted that sh*t down it wouldve been game over
 5 years ago '04        #84
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
^Exactly what people fail to realize Tate's hand is on the ball and Jenning's hand is over Tate's arm.

finishim said:
certainly he's maiming through the fall to the ground whether its simultaneous by opinion or not

[pic - click to view]

If Jennings had full possession of that ball he would of been able to rip it out, think about it Golden Tate had enough of a grip on the football where Jennings couldn't do that.

finishim said:
pretty sure you ethered yourself by the next sentence of the rule, he didn't maintain through hitting the ground
Not really because if you wanna talk about it in that sense neither played had full possession through hitting the ground.
 5 years ago '04        #85
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,304 | Props total: 12973 12973
He's got this trolled to 5 pages
 5 years ago '04        #86
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 K1Entertainment said:
If Jennings had full possession of that ball he would of been able to rip it out, think about it Golden Tate had enough of a grip on the football where Jennings couldn't do that.

Not really because if you wanna talk about it in that sense neither played had full possession through hitting the ground.
then it'd be incomplete, Jennings ha first possession, and last possession of the ball, it's obviously an int, you're trying to be different which is mos cases is the eccentric thing to do, but you're wrong here by rule and video evidence
 5 years ago '09        #87
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
 finishim said:

[pic - click to view]

I have a question Using CGI to take away Jennings, if Tate makes the catch one handed and comes down with it that would be an awesome catch right? Wouldn't the refs award him a reception and TD on the play? So, why can't he have that same one handed catch simultaneously with another guy having two hands on the ball?

You don't' need two hands to make catches in the NFL right? It's been some really good catches in history with just one hand. Just a question

This is all based on the gif that you posted here that is.
 09-25-2012, 01:18 AM         #88
P Griff 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont think i've ever seen the words troll, trolling, or trolled so many god damn times..holy fu*k
 5 years ago '04        #89
dre03 
space
space
$10,167 | Props total: 2448 2448
 e G o Maniac said:
The rule to define a simultaneous catch says that if either the defender or the receiver got full control of the ball before the other player gets control, it's not a simultaneous catch. If you look at the video closely, you can see that MD Jennings had FULL control of the football before Golden Tate had control. only had one hand in there barely able to clutch it. Only when they got to the ground did he fully grasp the football. Go look the rule up and have a nice day.
You can't gain possession in the air though... And that is what the media and analysts are forgetting here... They are so quick to blatantly hate on the replacement refs they are forgetting the fundamental rule of possession... When MD gets his hands on the ball first he is in the air none of his feet are on the ground... By the time he places his second foot on the ground Tate already has both his hands on the ball and they fall to the ground...

Everyone is looking at the top of the play and automatically giving MD possession because he grabbed the ball first... But no one seems to notice that he has no feet on the ground thus he cannot be given possession of a football with two feet in the air...
 5 years ago '04        #90
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
 finishim said:
then it'd be incomplete, Jennings ha first possession, and last possession of the ball, it's obviously an int, you're trying to be different which is mos cases is the eccentric thing to do, but you're wrong here by rule and video evidence
Not really when I posted the rule, only time you can seen a clear INT is in the air but like I said that doesn't matter just look at the gif Tate has both arms wrapped around the football on the ground..... If Jennings had it the way people think he had it he would of had no time ripping the ball away.
 5 years ago '04        #91
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I have a question Using CGI to take away Jennings, if Tate makes the catch one handed and comes down with it that would be an awesome catch right? Wouldn't the refs award him a reception and TD on the play? So, why can't he have that same one handed catch simultaneously with another guy having two hands on the ball?

You don't' need two hands to make catches in the NFL right? It's been some really good catches in history with just one hand. Just a question

This is all based on the gif that you posted here that is.
lmao cgi this for me, cuz the ball woulda flew over his head had Jennings not been there
 5 years ago '04        #92
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 andremackassi said:
i bet you say this sh*t in real life and people just look at you like a nerd
I wouldn't say this to someone outside BX , they'd have no idea what I'm talking about.
 5 years ago '12        #93
eCity 420 21 heat pts21
space
space
 dre03 said:
You can't gain possession in the air though... And that is what the media and analysts are forgetting here... They are so quick to blatantly hate on the replacement refs they are forgetting the fundamental rule of possession... When MD gets his hands on the ball first he is in the air none of his feet are on the ground... By the time he places his second foot on the ground Tate already has both his hands on the ball and they fall to the ground...

Everyone is looking at the top of the play and automatically giving MD possession because he grabbed the ball first... But no one seems to notice that he has no feet on the ground thus he cannot be given possession of a football with two feet in the air...

tell em
 5 years ago '12        #94
eCity 420 21 heat pts21
space
space
 finishim said:
lmao cgi this for me, cuz the ball woulda flew over his head had Jennings not been there
so you jst gonna act like Tate didnt have his hand right underneath the ball making the catch??
 5 years ago '04        #95
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
this fool even let go then tried to re-grab the ball after he missed the catch, sh*t is jokes
 5 years ago '04        #96
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 eCity 420 said:
so you jst gonna act like Tate didnt have his hand right underneath the ball making the catch??
like I said in my last post, he let to then retouched it, if he even did touch it and not Jennings arm the whole time

edit: check the gif he's steady swatting and never even touches the ball with his right arm yet somehow he one handed it because his hand was locked in there somewhere if this happened at even the one it's be an int, but these refs are too scared to make a mistake or just that dumb
 5 years ago '04        #97
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 dre03 said:

I don't even know what to say. Obviously Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, Jon Gruden, and the rest of the analysts on ESPN, the NFL Network, have no idea what they're talking about. I guess it's just a coincidence. You don't like the Packers, we get it. You want to hate on them every chance you get, we get it. It's cool, I understand.
 5 years ago '04        #98
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,662 | Props total: 515 515
 finishim said:
this fool even let go then tried to re-grab the ball after he missed the catch, sh*t is jokes
EXACTLY. The fact that people are failing to see this is astounding. But this is BX. The day I'm asked to believe a bunch of internet personalities on a site known to breed stupidity over league insiders, players, officials, analysts, and so on is the day I should k!ll myself. Not even sure why I posted in this thread. It was an interception, plain and simple. Have a nice day.
 5 years ago '04        #99
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
^that happened in the air which doesn't matter all that matters is what happens when they have feet or any other body part hit the ground.

dre03 said:

Exactly what I am trying to explain to these people.

Also people have to realize the media is taking this and blowing it up because its a perfect jumping point for them to talk about the controversy surrounding the replacement refs which they think will put pressure on the NFL to get a deal done but it won't. sh*t if anything people should be talking about the actual horrible calls that went on during the game that extended drives for GB like that PI on Cam and there were some against both teams. Also if this were to happen to Seattle and not GB there wouldn't be as much attention.
 5 years ago '04        #100
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 K1Entertainment said:
Exactly what I am trying to explain to these people.

Also people have to realize the media is taking this and blowing it up because its a perfect jumping point for them to talk about the controversy surrounding the replacement refs which they think will put pressure on the NFL to get a deal done but it won't. sh*t if anything people should be talking about the actual horrible calls that went on during the game that extended drives for GB like that PI on Cam and there were some against both teams. Also if this were to happen to Seattle and not GB there wouldn't be as much attention.
Here we go... "the media, the media".
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
23 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy