Sorry Packers fans but thats the right call by rule thats a TD, NFL got it right.

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
31 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
103 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
271 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
75 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #301
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,431 | Props total: 12370 12370
 finishim said:
why? cuz Davis is the ONLY person who agrees with the call?

there is no clear view of his left hand touching the ball, or reason to believe his right hand is even touching it as they go to the ground
How can you say there is no clear view of Tate's left hand being on the ball with all the video of the play out there and this lovely gif "YOU" posted that not only shows his left hand but shows him use that left hand to pull the ball and Jennings forward as Jennings gets two hands on the ball. Watch Jennings body jerk forward, I guess that was the same guy that got Aaron Rodgers on that dropback. Is Kadeem Hardison a Seahawks fan?

your gif here:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #302
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$82,037 | Props total: 11841 11841

[pic - click to view]

the fact that the ball is still moving around and being jostled from jennings arms as they fall to the ground means he didn't establish clear sole position. jennings took his hands off it to try and adjust his grip more than tate did
 5 years ago '04        #303
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,497 | Props total: 13161 13161
From Seattle's newspaper....

[pic - click to view]

But but but.... it's the media.
 5 years ago '06        #304
Mr Kush 32 heat pts32
space
space
$2,502 | Props total: 909 909
 Fly 2ndComing said:
You haven't been watching much tv since it happened then have you. Or listened to any radio across the country either I guess. I posted a video of a guy on NFL Netty saying it was a catch. There are others that I posted last night or have seen on the net today.

The popular opinion is one of disgust but nobody including the people on everybody's favorite sports channel wants to actually break down the plays. They all have become one track minded and want to disparage the replacement officials and NFL.
Dude the only time I watch ESPN is for MNF and NBA games. I don't care what the talking heads say other than Woj and Schefter. Anyone who is actually defending this play is trolling or is trying way too hard to go against the grain (hence why I figured Boxden would be the place to actually defend this play )

Jennings had brought the ball in, controlled it and secured possession, and Tate may have gotten a hand on the ball at the end of the play but in no way had possession.

This isn't simultaneous possession.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #305
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 regularjoe said:

[pic - click to view]

reach. it's a euphemism joe, "stolen" in the context like how jason williams stole this game and reggie miller stole one from the knicks

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #306
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 torious said:
reach. it's a euphemism joe, "stolen" in the sense that jason williams stole this game and reggie miller stole one from the knicks
I knew that would be the response, which is exactly why I posted it. People who, for some reason believe this was a catch for Tate, will have an excuse for EVERYTHING. It's kinda cool people are so low on their team and their QB, that they only find success from hating on the Packers.

5 years ago '04        #307
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 regularjoe said:
I knew that would be the response, which is exactly why I posted it. People who, for some reason believe this was a catch for Tate, will have an excuse for EVERYTHING. It's kinda cool people are so low on their team and their QB, that they only find success from hating on the Packers.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #308
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 torious said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #309
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,629 | Props total: 2140 2140
 torious said:

[pic - click to view]

the fact that the ball is still moving around and being jostled from jennings arms as they fall to the ground means he didn't establish clear sole position. jennings took his hands off it to try and adjust his grip more than tate did
We obviously are not watching the same play. Where did Jenninngs hands come off the ball? Whereas Tate's right hand is clearly off the ball.
 5 years ago '12        #310
eCity 420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,263 | Props total: 840 840
 LicensedLegend said:
We obviously are not watching the same play. Where did Jenninngs hands come off the ball? Whereas Tate's right hand is clearly off the ball.
Even if that was the case, you act as if one handed catches are illegal in the nfl?? He had his hands on the ball and feet on the ground, the play is a touchdown at that point.

Fly 2ndComing said:

your gif here:

[pic - click to view]

Tate had his hands on the ball [underneath it] and his feet on the ground before the defender also.. Jennings basically hopped over him and tried to take the ball from above his head... that pass was dead on... right into Tates hand.

Thats my QB
 5 years ago '04        #311
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 LicensedLegend said:
It's wasted energy, they're either trolling, or they don't understand. Either way...
 5 years ago '08        #312
M 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,195 | Props total: 5320 5320
^ It would have been right in Shields hands if Tate hadn't pushed him out of the way
 5 years ago '09        #313
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,431 | Props total: 12370 12370
Damn, I thought I had seen everything there was to see on that play. Good eye Torious! That n*gga's left hand does in fact come off the ball
 5 years ago '12        #314
eCity 420 21 heat pts21
space
space
 regularjoe said:

[pic - click to view]

and u never heard that figure of speech used in sports before? dont act like you are brand new
 5 years ago '12        #315
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,629 | Props total: 2140 2140
 eCity 420 said:
Even if that was the case, you act as if one handed catches are illegal in the nfl?? He had his hands on the ball and feet on the ground, the play is a touchdown at that point.
In that case, from now on all recievers have to do is get there hands on the ball and it's a catch/touchdown. There is no need to have possession of the ball. All they have to do is get there hand on the ball.
 5 years ago '04        #316
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
The NFL has issued its statement on last night’s Packers-Seahawks game, saying that Golden Tate should have been called for pass interference, but the result of the game will not be reversed.

(they said tate shoulda been flagged.. no sh*t clay should have been flagged for roughing as welll, we've been over that aspect of the play)l..........

“When the players hit the ground in the end zone, the officials determined that both Tate and Jennings had possession of the ball. Under the rule for simultaneous catch, the ball belongs to Tate, the offensive player. The result of the play was a touchdown.

“Replay Official Howard Slavin stopped the game for an instant replay review. The aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.

“Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.

the red part was reviewed and upheld, I didn't think it was reviewable. but it turns out it is. simultaneous catch is reviewable in the end zone. it was the right call, never during the gif above does Tate's grip with his left hand come off of the ball. I'll duplicate every frame of the gif to slow it down for you guys in a minute

Last edited by torious; 09-25-2012 at 12:50 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #317
eCity 420 21 heat pts21
space
space
 LicensedLegend said:
In that case, from now on all recievers have to do is get there hands on the ball and it's a catch/touchdown. There is no need to have possession of the ball. All they have to do is get there hand on the ball.
I was saying IF.

But Tate did have both hands on the ball coming down, look at the .gif.. How you gonna go over the top of someone and grab the ball? if Tates arms were outside of Jennings you might have a case. I never doubted this catch at all, saw it live and replays over and over and I stand by it.

TOUCHDOWN

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #318
missing linX 
space
space
$1,503 | Props total: 150 150
Posting a picture to show where their hands are isn't gonna help much. They were moving around.
 09-25-2012, 12:54 PM         #319
JollyGreenGiant 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*king kiddin me?
 5 years ago '04        #320
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
 eCity 420 said:
I was saying IF.

But Tate did have both hands on the ball coming down, look at the .gif.. How you gonna go over the top of someone and grab the ball? if Tates arms were outside of Jennings you might have a case. I never doubted this catch at all, saw it live and replays over and over and I stand by it.

TOUCHDOWN

[pic - click to view]

You've gotta be fu*king joking. I can't believe you actually said that.
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
112 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
126 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy