Sorry Packers fans but thats the right call by rule thats a TD, NFL got it right.

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
110 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #241
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 torious said:
How bout the fact that the best quarterback in the league couldn't throw the ball for a single first down to seal the game when the packers had the ball with 2 mins left?
convinces you didn't even watch the game now, they were pinned inside the five, then benson fumbled and recovered on the 1 on first down, forced to run the ball so Seattle could take a timeout, then you HAVE to run a play that keeps the clock running when in your own end zone, your football knowledge credibility is diminished, unsubscribing from this thread...
 5 years ago '04        #242
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
Yea I'm done with this thread. I'm going to watch First Take, wait to see what the league says about this, then move on.
 09-25-2012, 09:07 AM         #243
feardafoot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 K1Entertainment said:
First off I don't like the rule, I have seen a few Champ Bailey interceptions overturned due to the rule even when Champ had full control and the WR just puts 2 hands on it. So I have seen how bullsh-t the rule is.

That said a rule is a rule its the right call, and the Green Bay DBs need to be ashamed of themselves for not knocking the ball down, why intercept the last play? Tie always goes to the WR even when its not that close DBs need to know this in these situations swat the ball away and you win. They even reviewed it and those review officials are the normal review officials no replacements so you can't blame it on replacements.

I don't care if there is threads on this already and watch the media is about to blow this up because its the perfect way to attract negative attention to the NFL to get the real refs back.

Also I think the media is funny, if this same thing happened and the Packers benefited from it they wouldn't make as big of a deal out of. East coast bias shines through every time.

They sitting there on ESPN all sad and speaking quietly you would of think someone died on the field.

--------------------
update

Found a big picture (right click view image)

[pic - click to view]

Notice when this is signaled a TD Jenning's left hand is clearly on top of Tate's arms which is wrapped around the football...... joint possession

tie goes to the WR folks, cry and call me a troll if you want but im not trolling its the rules
Not sure if you are aware of the new rule in the NFL.. All scores are reviewed upstairs.. Especially, the last one.

Now by rule, Jennings intercepted the ball, but when the officials got into place i agree he has 2 hands on the ball.. The white official was in place pretty much while the action was going on. He may have been a little far away but he def had front row view.

So, the play was reviewed and they still gave the td to Seattle. You know they saw Jennings bring it to his chest, you know they saw Tate 1 arm it at first. So, regardless if it can be over turned or not, the ref said ,"after review the ruling on the field stands, touchdown." If it were not reviewable, he would have said, "The play on the field is not reviewable, play stands." If they buzzed him upstairs and said its not reviewable, its slightly possible he just didnt explain that part and said, "it stands"... But if that happened, im sure that news would be out today further explaining what happened with the diecision after review

By rule, that is an INTERCEPTION. Doesn't matter what the official ran in 2 hours late and saw, its reviewable because every score is reviewed in the NFL

Last edited by feardafoot; 09-25-2012 at 09:09 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #244
FullTimeHustla 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$2,603 | Props total: 1677 1677
whats the rule?

the offensive player just has to wrap his arms around the defender who got the interception and thats rulled a catch because the offensive player caught the defensive player?

5 years ago '11        #245
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 feardafoot said:
Not sure if you are aware of the new rule in the NFL.. All scores are reviewed upstairs.. Especially, the last one.

Now by rule, Jennings intercepted the ball, but when the officials got into place i agree he has 2 hands on the ball.. The white official was in place pretty much while the action was going on. He may have been a little far away but he def had front row view.

So, the play was reviewed and they still gave the td to Seattle. You know they saw Jennings bring it to his chest, you know they saw Tate 1 arm it at first. So, regardless if it can be over turned or not, the ref said ,"after review the ruling on the field stands, touchdown." If it were not reviewable, he would have said, "The play on the field is not reviewable, play stands." If they buzzed him upstairs and said its not reviewable, its slightly possible he just didnt explain that part and said, "it stands"... But if that happened, im sure that news would be out today further explaining what happened with the diecision after review

By rule, that is an INTERCEPTION. Doesn't matter what the official ran in 2 hours late and saw, its reviewable because every score is reviewed in the NFL
Judgement calls are not reviewable. That's why he said the ruling on the field stands, and not te ruling on the field is confirmed. You can only rule whether someone had possession, not the judgement of whether it was dual possession.

5 years ago '04        #246
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,991 | Props total: 11779 11779
 e G o Maniac said:
Yea I'm done with this thread. I'm going to watch First Take, wait to see what the league says about this, then move on.
Somebody PLEASE find me skip bayless, stephen a smith, and ja rule so i can make sense of all this !!!!!!
 5 years ago '10        #247
OJ Pimpson 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$13,589 | Props total: 9900 9900
Dumb azz Jennings shoulda slapped the ball down but noooooo he wanna catch it

DUMB MUTHAFUCCA SEAHAWKS WIN TIE GOES TO THE WR!!!!!!!
 09-25-2012, 09:18 AM         #248
Bautmoney!™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:
The rule to define a simultaneous catch says that if either the defender or the receiver got full control of the ball before the other player gets control, it's not a simultaneous catch. If you look at the video closely, you can see that MD Jennings had FULL control of the football before Golden Tate had control. only had one hand in there barely able to clutch it. Only when they got to the ground did he fully grasp the football. Go look the rule up and have a nice day.
It was a simultaneous catch.. receiver gets the nod..
 5 years ago '04        #249
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 finishim said:
Jerel worthy the only self-respecting person affiliated with the packer organization

#SpartanPride
 5 years ago '05        #250
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4757 4757
when Jennings landed on his feet it showed Tate's right arm wasn't even on the ball...Tate added his right arm to the mix when they started falling to the ground...
 5 years ago '04        #251
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 MysticKJ said:
when Jennings landed on his feet it showed Tate's right arm wasn't even on the ball...Tate added his right arm to the mix when they started falling to the ground...
falling to the ground? so what? possession has to be attained, maintained, controlled, and / or completed throughout the catch to the ground and taken afterwards by the interceptor in order for it to be a good INT

Last edited by torious; 09-25-2012 at 09:33 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #252
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 torious said:
Somebody PLEASE find me skip bayless, stephen a smith, and ja rule so i can make sense of all this !!!!!!
I'm only watching for the entertainment, I couldn't really care less what they have to say. Plus Snoop is a guest today.
 09-25-2012, 09:33 AM         #253
Cowboys All Day 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyone calling this the right call is either a troll or a clueless fu*ktard, catch was not simultaneous, Jennings had full possession all the way through, Tate had arguably one hand jammed in between the ball and Jenning's chest, while holding on to Jenning's arm on the way down. fu*king disgrace.

New rule : Hug the defender, get simultaneous catch
 5 years ago '10        #254
Matrix 52 heat pts52
space
space
$9,508 | Props total: 48 48
All this talking back and forth...It was clearly an interception.
 5 years ago '07        #255
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Only ones calling this an td are nfc north fans and blind folks. Go back thru this thread and note the sig of every poster calling and arguing it was a td and its pretty obvious people got biases

Last edited by ttime236; 09-25-2012 at 10:42 AM..
 09-25-2012, 09:44 AM         #256
Cowboys All Day 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ttime236 said:
Only ones calling this an int are nfc north fans and blind folks. Go back thru this thread and note the sig of every poster calling and arguing it was a td and its pretty obvious people got biases
You are a fu*kin retard, we got eagles fans, cowboy fans, ravens fans, steelers fans, fu*kin patriot fans, nyg fans, ALL saying it was bullsh*t. Learn to read you c*nt.

I guess every single sports related person in the media is also NFC north fans... find me one credible person calling this the right call.
 5 years ago '04        #257
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
space
$19,554 | Props total: 5201 5201
Hate to break this wack a.ss thread with official news.....

Lets close this and other 20 threads and move on.
 5 years ago '10        #258
OJ Pimpson 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$13,589 | Props total: 9900 9900
Dumb azz Jennings shoulda slapped the ball down but noooooo he wanna catch it

DUMB MUTHAFUCCA SEAHAWKS WIN TIE GOES TO THE WR!!!!!!!
 09-25-2012, 09:47 AM         #259
Cowboys All Day 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deziking said:
Hate to break this wack a.ss thread with official news.....

"It is not a simultaneous catch if a player (Jennings) gains control first and an opponent (Tate) subsequently gains joint control"

5 years ago '10        #260
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
 torious said:
falling to the ground? so what? possession has to be attained, maintained, controlled, and / or completed throughout the catch to the ground and taken afterwards by the interceptor in order for it to be a good INT
good one
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
24 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
284 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
78 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
121 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
88 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
63 comments
20 hours ago