Sorry Packers fans but thats the right call by rule thats a TD, NFL got it right.

most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
190 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
35 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #181
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,663 | Props total: 516 516
 torious said:
the booth reviews are done by SEASONED NFL officials. you guys keep ignoring the rule and basic human logic. it's a stupid rule but it's the rule.

"but but but but but but john gruden said it was tragic"
So because they're booth officials they're one hundred percent correct, no questions asked?

That's only half the issue anyway. Let's go back to the issue of there being two different calls on the field, with the touchdown call being made by a ref that was shielded from the ball, and the one who said it wasn't a touchdown had clear view of the ball.

PS: they said the ruling on the field "stands" last night, which means your coveted booth officials couldn't even tell what happened with a hundred percent certainty.
 5 years ago '04        #182
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,956 | Props total: 11701 11701
 ThePainkiller said:
Osama, you're a nobody on the Internet who has blatantly been baiting all last night. Whereas I am a journalist and analyst. That's not a catch at all and you know it yourself. Get off your Aladdin magic carpet and come back to reality. I am not going to read or respond to your so called "reasoning" because you and 3 other guys are being biased towards the decision. As I said, your opinion doesn't count. Even Analyst on TV and football players themselves know it wasn't a touchdown.
the ones who are ignoring the rules and stating the opposite are biased...

the truth will come out in a statement. you'll all eat crow. and you'll thank me.

your interception got interceptioned.
[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #183
I.J. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,351 | Props total: 596 596
 torious said:
the booth reviews are done by SEASONED NFL officials. you guys keep ignoring the rule and basic human logic. it's a stupid rule but it's the rule.

"but but but but but but john gruden said it was tragic"
Ok Man just saw your signature im done.

I thought you was a regular fan not a butthurt lions fan
 5 years ago '04        #184
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 e G o Maniac said:
So because they're booth officials they're one hundred percent correct, no questions asked?

That's only half the issue anyway. Let's go back to the issue of there being two different calls on the field, with the touchdown call being made by a ref that was shielded from the ball, and the one who said it wasn't a touchdown had clear view of the ball.

PS: they said the ruling on the field "stands" last night, which means your coveted booth officials couldn't even tell what happened with a hundred percent certainty.
you stilll haven't refuted any of the points about completion of the catch at the ground. someone was correct, no? well what's so hard to believe about it. golden tate had two hands securely on the balll when the catch was completed. jennings had his hands on the ball when the catch was completed as well.. that by definition is simultaneous possession..

Last edited by torious; 09-25-2012 at 07:55 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #185
money36 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,691 | Props total: 128 128
The packers defensive players should of just spiked the ball in to the ground.
 5 years ago '04        #186
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 e G o Maniac said:
Just came back in to say most of BX are some damn fools to begin with. Every day I see the sports arguments in this section and people say some of the most idiotic bullsh*t I've ever heard. Some of y'all are even worse than casual sports fans. People don't know of certain rules, people oversimplifying the game in an effort to stan and troll. Just overall stupidity. But I'm supposed to believe this is a catch because a few of you bozos say so . Already gave my explanations on how it was an interception. The correct interpretation of the rule plus the video evidence says this is a pick, no questions asked.

The fact alone that many of you are still going by what happened on the ground instead of in the air is mind boggling. Possession and control is not determined by having two feet down. Referees determine control and possession at the point of a catch. After that, they determine if it's a complete pass/interception by looking at feet down, process of the catch, etc. So in this particular play, MD Jennings establishes control first. If it's not obvious to you that he did at the highest point of the catch then take it a step further and tell me that golden tate trying to reestablish control on the ball mid-fall isn't enough to say the DB had the possession first. Only when they hit the ground does Golden Tate establish full control, but it shouldn't matter at that point because A - the defender should be ruled down by contact, and B - He never loses control of the ball, AT ANY fu*kING POINT.

Y'all are going to continue to argue this into the ground, though, so I don't even know why I'm wasting my time. A bunch of dumb fu*ks who've never set foot on a football field and don't know how to interpret the rules are supposed to be right over the countless analyst, players, and officials that have commented on the play though. Gotta love Boxden.
The rules have changed since you set foot on the football field, uncle Rico..
[pic - click to view]

Whether you can throw a football over that mountain or not doesn't matter. If Calvin Johnson's "catch" vs the bears at soldier field was correctly called as incomplete (which it was), and same with the hundreds of other catches which have been overturned since then due to possession being lost or taken away, this was not an interception by jennings. it just so happened to be a freakishly rare coincidence that the simultaneous possession rule and the new "possession through the completion of the catch" rules coincided on the same damn play

Last edited by torious; 09-25-2012 at 08:03 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #187
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 money36 said:
THIS!!! Seriously though, why you gonna try to catch it when you got opponents jumping for the ball right next to you? Knock that sh*t out of there so nobody has a chance.
 5 years ago '08        #188
I.J. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,351 | Props total: 596 596
If n*gga would off spiked it and the player caught it n*gga would said why not catch it. Everybody saw the titan lion game. Either way it was a bad call we off that. On to the Saints! Hopefully at least we take this hit on the chin for the players to get the refs backs!
 5 years ago '04        #189
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,545 | Props total: 2791 2791
n*ggas in this thread gonna feel mad stupid when the NFL offers an official apology for blowing the call. . .
 5 years ago '04        #190
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Bullseye said:
According to NFL Rules, you need 2 feet on the ground + possession. Doesn't matter who grabbed it in the air first, it matters who has both hands on it and both feet on the ground first. Tate grabbed it simultaneously as Jennings grabbed it. Then both players had both hands on the ball when both their feet landed. Hard to say Jennings had true possession if Tate had his hands on it and was f!ghting for it the whole time too. At the least, maybe an equal possession, which goes to the WR. According to me, Jennings got the INT. But according to NFL rules, the refs may have been right....

Watch the slow mo

there was no simultaneous catch Jennings had possession in the air, and hitting the ground, and rolling over once hitting the ground, the only thing Tate ever had possession of, if Jennings' arm and helmet just check the pick a couple page ago where Tate's arm isn't even anywhere near the body/ball and Jennings legs are on the ground
 5 years ago '04        #191
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 money36 said:
oh, like the Tennessee game?
 5 years ago '04        #192
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 e G o Maniac said:
Only when they hit the ground does Golden Tate establish full control, but it shouldn't matter at that point because A - the defender should be ruled down by contact, and B - He never loses control of the ball, AT ANY fu*kING POINT.
Think about what you just typed. you said golden tate seizes FULL control at the ground, then in your next sentence you say jennings doesn't lose control at ANY fu*kING POINT.. then think about who the "stupid retards on boxden are", considering that the status at the ground is what determines the legitimacy of the catch
 5 years ago '07        #193
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,950 | Props total: 5854 5854

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #194
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 I.J. said:
If n*gga would off spiked it and the player caught it n*gga would said why not catch it. Everybody saw the titan lion game. Either way it was a bad call we off that. On to the Saints! Hopefully at least we take this hit on the chin for the players to get the refs backs!
Actually, in the Lions game, the defender jumped backwards, which is why he tipped it (instead of spiking it to the ground) to the Lions player. In this game, Jennings was jumping forward, so he had a great angle to spike that sh*t down like a volleyball and nobody would have caught it. Either way, it was a poorly officiated game and nobody was a real winner in that game. Everybody lost. The refs, players, fans, NFL integrity, and so on..
 5 years ago '04        #195
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 torious said:
Think about what you just typed. you said golden tate seizes FULL control at the ground, then in your next sentence you say jennings doesn't lose control at ANY fu*kING POINT.. then think about who the "stupid retards on boxden are", considering that the status at the ground is what determines the legitimacy of the catch
I worded that wrong. What I meant by Tate getting control on the ground is him actually getting a full grip on the ball. He does not get a full grip on the ball until he's on the ground, while MD Jennings had full grip/control all the way through. That means nothing Golden Tate did should have mattered. It's not just about how the play ends. If that were the case then every single defender would latch onto the ball after a receiver makes a catch and call it a pick. Unfortunately for them, that's not the rule, and the same is true in reverse. You're reaching to find a fault in my explanation dude. Fact of the matter is Golden Tate clearly did not establish a hold on the ball until after the two already went to the ground, while MD Jennings had control the entire time. By definition, that's a pick. PS: you've always been the gayest Lions fan on this site.
 5 years ago '04        #196
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
what makes you think his right arm ever truly has a hold on the football? or is he just grabbing into Jennings? never simultaneous man

don't arguing against u blind fans

5 years ago '04        #197
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
Jennings may not have lost alll control of the ball, but all of you packer fans have acknowledged that at (what happens to be the most relevant determining factor), Tate seized at LEAST if not full, possession of the ball. you jut haven't acknowledged the bolded and italicized part.
 5 years ago '04        #198
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 torious said:
Jennings may not have lost alll control of the ball, but all of you packer fans have acknowledged that at (what happens to be the most relevant determining factor), Tate seized at LEAST if not full, possession of the ball. you jut haven't acknowledged the bolded and italicized part.
You STILL aren't interpreting the rule of a simultaneous catch right. Tate seized a grip on the ball on the fu*king ground, and the play should have already been over at that point because MD Jennings hit the ground. MD Jennings had full possession from the highest point of the catch, all the way to the ground no questions asked. Golden Tate comes in late and wraps his arms around it while on the ground and that's a touchdown? You guys CANNOT be this stupid.
 09-25-2012, 08:19 AM         #199
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
regularjoe lost
 5 years ago '08        #200
M 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,165 | Props total: 5228 5228
Anyone who seriously thinks that was a simultaneous catch is a fu*king idiot, Jennings got control first and kept control all the way to the ground.

And obviously it wasn't the only blown call in the game, the bullsh*t personal fouls and the completely blatant fu*ked up PI call...it's just a fu*king joke at this point.
Home      

most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
123 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
272 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
26 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
62 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
63 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
112 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
88 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy