Sorry Packers fans but thats the right call by rule thats a TD, NFL got it right.

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
145 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
86 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1
10900 pageviews
382 comments

K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
Sorry Packers fans but thats the right call by rule thats a TD, NFL got it right.

Update NFL agrees with me people are not getting the full rules you have to comply with which is

A) Catch rules
B) Going to the ground rules
C) Simultaneous Catch rules

ALL 3 OF THOSE RULES HAVE TO BE APPLIED TO THIS PLAY TO FULLY GET WHY THEY CALLED IT A TD.

NFL issued a statement on it, saying yeah they should of called that PI on Tate (but we all know that sh*ts never called in that situation)

also they clarified the rule that everyone seems to be ignoring......which I think this proves I am right that the refs made the right call.

Official NFL Statement

Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department (not the replacements) reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.

The result of the game is final.

Applicable rules to the play are as follows:

A player (or players) jumping in the air has not legally gained possession of the ball until he satisfies the elements of a catch listed here.

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3 of the NFL Rule Book defines a catch:

A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:

(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

(b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

(c) maintains control of the ball long enough, after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, to enable him to perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it, advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.).

When a player (or players) is going to the ground in the attempt to catch a pass, Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 1 states:

Player Going to the Ground.
If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 5 states:

Simultaneous Catch.
If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.

--------------

First off I don't like the rule, I have seen a few Champ Bailey interceptions overturned due to the rule even when Champ had full control and the WR just puts 2 hands on it. So I have seen how bullsh-t the rule is.

That said a rule is a rule its the right call, and the Green Bay DBs need to be ashamed of themselves for not knocking the ball down, why intercept the last play? Tie always goes to the WR even when its not that close DBs need to know this in these situations swat the ball away and you win. They even reviewed it and those review officials are the normal review officials no replacements so you can't blame it on replacements.

I don't care if there is threads on this already and watch the media is about to blow this up because its the perfect way to attract negative attention to the NFL to get the real refs back.

Also I think the media is funny, if this same thing happened and the Packers benefited from it they wouldn't make as big of a deal out of. East coast bias shines through every time.

They sitting there on ESPN all sad and speaking quietly you would of think someone died on the field.

--------------------
update

Found a big picture (right click view image)

[pic - click to view]

Notice when this is signaled a TD Jenning's left hand is clearly on top of Tate's arms which is wrapped around the football...... joint possession

tie goes to the WR folks, cry and call me a troll if you want but im not trolling its the rules

Last edited by K1; 09-25-2012 at 01:26 PM..

382 comments for "Sorry Packers fans but thats the right call by rule thats a TD, NFL got it right."

5 years ago '05        #2
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
I think packer fans should be focusing on the clear cut push off...thats what they should feel jobbed about...not that bullsh*t technical rule
 5 years ago '11        #3
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,198 | Props total: 17574 17574
aint you the same n*gga who made that cutler thread about a gossip story from 2011...and then never came back to the thread after the link was posted?

EDIT: Yep. its you.
 5 years ago '06        #4
Supreme7 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,829 | Props total: 1991 1991
real rap.. seahawks came down with it they usually give recievers that call..
 5 years ago '04        #5
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,663 | Props total: 516 516
The rule to define a simultaneous catch says that if either the defender or the receiver got full control of the ball before the other player gets control, it's not a simultaneous catch. If you look at the video closely, you can see that MD Jennings had FULL control of the football before Golden Tate had control. only had one hand in there barely able to clutch it. Only when they got to the ground did he fully grasp the football. Go look the rule up and have a nice day.
 5 years ago '04        #6
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,318 | Props total: 12999 12999
Trolling.
 5 years ago '04        #7
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,969 | Props total: 11730 11730
But Astro, whens the last time ANY kind of PI was called on a hail mary, let alone offensive?the fans would be equally outraged about that. And the fact is that probably wasn't even the only PI / holding on that play. You let the game play out

Last edited by torious; 09-24-2012 at 11:59 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #8
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
Section 8, Article 3, Item 5 states:

Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players
retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an
opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous ttouching by two such
players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.
 5 years ago '11        #9
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,198 | Props total: 17574 17574

lets talk about this tho
 5 years ago '08        #10
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,793 | Props total: 12452 12452
It wasn't a simultaneous catch tho
 5 years ago '05        #11
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
$9,280 | Props total: 782 782
Since when is one arm a simultaneous catch when the other player had two hands on the ball against his chest
 5 years ago '11        #12
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
Rule 8, Section1, Article 3, Item 5

If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both retain it, the ball belongs to the passers.

It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control.

5 years ago '04        #13
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
Now take that definition, watch that video, and tell me it was a fu*kin catch by the receiver.
 5 years ago '04        #14
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
 astroblack9 said:
I think packer fans should be focusing on the clear cut push off...thats what they should feel jobbed about...not that bullsh*t technical rule
Not denying that but you know how many times pass interference on offense or defense is called on the final play of the game?

not very much I remember watching Eddie Royal getting pushed out the end zone while the ball was in the air and that not being called, even one time it happened against the Raiders DHB got laid out while the ball was in the air they don't call sh*t on the final play ever.

btw roughing the QB could of also been called on that final play in Seattle but nobody is talking about that
 5 years ago '05        #15
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
 torious said:
But whens the last time ANY kind of PI was called on a hail mary, let alone offensive?
granted...but the sh*t was too blatant
 5 years ago '04        #16
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,318 | Props total: 12999 12999
 e G o Maniac said:
Now take that definition, watch that video, and tell me it was a fu*kin catch by the receiver.
He's trolling.
 5 years ago '06        #17
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,461 | Props total: 14706 14706
Sorry K1 Ent. but much like your horrible mock drafts you're just dumb... it cant be simultaneous catch if the DB catches it FIRST! Dude had control all the way to the ground. Period. Interception. And I guess you didnt see the batted pass in the Lions game turn into a TD yesterday huh? Stop making stupid threads with your terrible opinions.

And this is coming from someone who could give two sh*ts about either team.
 5 years ago '04        #18
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,236 | Props total: 3819 3819
Didn't read op. Ultimate troll thread
 5 years ago '04        #19
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,322 | Props total: 2472 2472
op 1st ur a dumbass

2nd it wasn't simultaneous

3rd green bay is nowhere near the east coast

4th admit the refs are terrible and something has to be done
 5 years ago '10        #20
Dun Dada 
space
space
$3,223 | Props total: 0 0
@ anyone who thinks this was a catch...Did you not read the rule they had up on ESPN...Or better yet did you not watch the replay you gotta be kidding me
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
239 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
92 comments
19 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy