Official NBA 2k13 Disscussion Thread

most viewed right now
 61
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 37
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 24
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #1161
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
avatar space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
the "intense D" is a joke this year. i think it actually makes ur defense worse


they need to call it the "get crossed button"
 10-17-2012, 12:42 AM         #1162
J-R 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Left Hook said:
Deng sucks in this game, he's only good for open corner 3s. You're totally right about hitting his first shot when the game starts but then dwindling ater that though They nerfed the hell out of him, making his 83 rating worthless af. I rely on Rip for those mid range jumpshots. I pretty much utilize Boozer, Rip and Rose with the Bulls. Brah, even Jimmy Butler is wetter than Deng from the 3. Dude hit like 3/4 last time from the 3 and Deng hit 0/3.
Yea deng rating should just be a 60 or something dude is sh*t on this game and just so people know he will miss a wide open shot mid range with full stamina..... He did it 4 times in a row ....

And to the dude above about using intense d DON'T use the button until you they try to go around you... As long as you stay In front of ten you will block make contact but if they are about to er around then I use the intense d.... But I really hope they patch this sh*t and fix some players a lot are overpowered and for example deng is underpowered..... Even the best dude on this forum at 2k can't utilize deng in this game
 5 years ago '06        #1163
youngskits718 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,119 | Props total: 16 16
Just finished a match against a Thunder user online, this bi*ch played off-ball in a zone from the start of the game

Things were looking rough for me and the LakeShow because I was down by as much as 11, and as some have mentioned before in here already, Westbrook was getting and-1 hook shots, and my AI teammates were sagging off Durant & Harden even though I had "play tight" and "deny ball" a.ssigned to them.

How often does Kendrick Perkins hit contested reverse layups by the way?

I pulled out that W, had a huge 4th quarter

I'm looking at my VIP stats, and it says that the difficulty for that match was on Superstar, that can't be right can it? Or maybe it was still cheesy since it might've been on Superstar-Casual or Superstar-Default
 5 years ago '12        #1164
SwizZy 74 heat pts74
space
avatar space
space
$3,396 | Props total: 2269 2269
lmao dudes have NO shame in this game this year they do anything to make themselves feel like they're better

And it being the time of the night all the no lifers are on playing, its an over abundance of bi*ches I go up against. Had a great game last night Cavs vs T-Wolves but other than that im playing against f*gs and top tier teams
 10-17-2012, 02:57 AM         #1165
J-R 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SwizZy said:
lmao dudes have NO shame in this game this year they do anything to make themselves feel like they're better

And it being the time of the night all the no lifers are on playing, its an over abundance of bi*ches I go up against. Had a great game last night Cavs vs T-Wolves but other than that im playing against f*gs and top tier teams
yea somes dont give a fu*k about cheeesing this year no shame at all i might run with the heat for like a weak straight and just cheese my a.ss off
 5 years ago '05        #1166
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
I'm convinced I'm good at this game now, or at least better than before. Some dude used Heat even though I hovered over Bobcats. I mean, what the hell He insisted, so I was like alright then, man, I'll use Bulls.

Long read, so it's on quotes, so here goes:
 LONG READ said:
Dude CHEESED the whole game. By cheese I mean he tried to shoot so many 3s with Allen and held down turbo with LeBron and Wade the WHOLE game. He literally forced his way into the paint by holding turbo in hopes that he'd animation dunk me (which he did a few times). I can confirm that the animation dunk is unstoppable. I had like 4 bodies on LeBron and he Iron Man'd into the basket But yeah. dude tried to steal spam me, tried to draw charges (not sure why since I never held the turbo button, idiot) He was the DEFINITION of cheese plays. Made me want to beat him more. His record was like 11-2, so I was like lemme give you another L

I played sim ball all the way. Hit mid range shots with Rip and Deng, called pick and rolls, subbed a lot of the bench in, didn't use Rose as much as people would. Yo, Rip hit 4/8 3s, dude was amazing. Rose had 8 a.ssists and 4 steals with 16 points. Made good mid range shots with Boozer, too.
Bet dude was left wondering how I won He quit at the start of the 4th since he was trailing by 14 and Rose just drew a foul for another extra 2. At the end I sent him a message saying cheese plays don't win games. Get outta here, bi*ch


Last edited by Left Hook; 10-17-2012 at 03:23 AM..
 10-17-2012, 04:25 AM         #1167
J-R 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J-R said:
yea somes dont give a fu*k about cheeesing this year no shame at all i might run with the heat for like a weak straight and just cheese my a.ss off
funny i played a dude who used the clippers......all he dude was try to steal wit chris paul.....and since blake griffin has that postersh*t you cant stop his dunks....so after i get used to him trying to steal i just cross and dude goes flying down court...

people be sleeping on boozer but boozer has a k!ller mid/close pullup shot.....

but like usual deng couldnt hit sh*t so i said fu*k 3s...i would take it in with rose and like clockwork dude jumpes the 2nd i get in the paint....i go back up for easy 2s....or the foul....

another good way i found to stop a cheeser is the 1-3-1.....its good against dude who only drive it in..but not the best if they have outside shooters...but timeouts and subs will save your life on 2k...dude had paul with the G sign and Blake with eh G with 2minutes left he didnt know what happened and beat him by 10 when i came back from being down by 14 in the 3rd
 5 years ago '05        #1168
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
Tip for those not winning as much as they want to against cheesers
  • Use the 1-3-1;
  • Double team, double team, double team
  • Play off-ball D when you're double teaming to roam around the paint for pick and roll plays, turbo cheesers and inside passes.

The key to winning is applying crazy amounts of pressure on the other team that they'd have to resort to either:
(a) Driving into the paint
(b) Chucking up wild shots from the 3 point line, or
(c) Passing around until their passes get picked off.

I know y'all look down on off-ball D, but when you're double teaming, it's pretty much semi on-ball D

EDIT: Oh yeah, and like J-R said above, SUB people in and out. Seriously. I've seen so many people die out in the fourth quarter because everyone on their team gets tired af. Your bench isn't completely useless - they can make those mid range jumpers and are there to be utilised for calling plays as well. When I use the Bulls, Hinrich, Butler, Gibson and Robinson are pretty useful.


Last edited by Left Hook; 10-17-2012 at 04:39 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #1169
SwizZy 74 heat pts74
space
avatar space
space
$3,396 | Props total: 2269 2269
If they gonna hype up on ball D like its the second coming of 2k7-2k9 then it should work. They shouldve put the lock-on defense in the game like they used to have in previous games.

CPU is fu*kin retarded ive never had to sit in zone defense in any 2K game to shut down my opponent. Im not knockin your tips cuz whatever works works, but I know for a fact they dumbin down 2k more and more with these corny a.ss gimmicks.

These cornballs who made this game may watch basketball but they obviously dont play it and you can tell just by how the offense and defense acts the movement and logic is flawed. Im 34-48 my points difference is only -2 so its all good
 10-17-2012, 06:21 AM         #1170
J-R 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Use your bench I do this usually

1st qt I leave on auto subs so my bench comes in around 2minutr mark..

2nd I run with bench for as long as I can... So if I can hang with my bench I will put my starts back in around 2 minutes so my fresh starters can dog his half tired starters.

3rd I run with starters until the last minute .. Then at 4 minutes I but in my starters ..



Also this helps .... SAVE YOUR TIME OUTS IN THE 2nd HALF ..

Nothing is better than having 3 -4time outs left in the last 3 minutes call a full timeout and my starts are back at 100%


Also if you have big men USE THEM most cheesers can't post and don't ever try to drive with a big man u less he has handles or you will get stripped ..
 5 years ago '05        #1171
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
^ Pretty much. I do the same time, except I don't do auto timeouts or subs. I just quick sub with the d-pad.

There's so many cheesers online it's not even funny anymore Just played some dude using the Knicks. I knew he'd cheese, because well, a lot of Knicks users are cheesers. Didn't really care though. Saw his 15-3 record and thought, eh, whatever. Turns out I was right - dude ran up and down the court cherry picking with Melo and Stat

For a hot minute, I really thought he was making a comeback. I was up 26-11 in Q1 (yes, you read that right, dude played NO defense and turbo'd to the paint all day), but he started chipping in some points in Q2 and Q3 by continually cherry picking. I was getting a little heated, but nothing to worry about. Q4 I was only up by 3 but Deng made some crucial 3s to win the game by 9. 74-65.

To J-R, I was wrong about Deng. His mid range shots from the sides are good. Deng had 21 pts just then with 5 reb, 6 a.ssists and 4 steals. Shot 9/13 overall and 3/5 from the 3.

On that note, double-double with Rose. 21 pts and 10 a.ssists
 5 years ago '05        #1172
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
 SwizZy said:
If they gonna hype up on ball D like its the second coming of 2k7-2k9 then it should work. They shouldve put the lock-on defense in the game like they used to have in previous games.

CPU is fu*kin retarded ive never had to sit in zone defense in any 2K game to shut down my opponent. Im not knockin your tips cuz whatever works works, but I know for a fact they dumbin down 2k more and more with these corny a.ss gimmicks.

These cornballs who made this game may watch basketball but they obviously dont play it and you can tell just by how the offense and defense acts the movement and logic is flawed. Im 34-48 my points difference is only -2 so its all good
Trust me, I'd on-ball D all the time if my player wasn't so sluggish. Intense D doesn't even work, dude moves as slow as a snail if you press LT/L2 and you get crossed over hell easily Imagine trying to guard LeBron turboing down the court with a bit of lag and sh*tty on ball D mechanics I just double team if I'm doing on ball D so at least someone else is there to help out. If there's a shooter around, I'll move around and double team there. Rinse and repeat.
 5 years ago '09        #1173
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$23,396 | Props total: 5104 5104
 J-R said:
people be sleeping on boozer but boozer has a k!ller mid/close pullup shot.....
yup....and hes a beast on the boards...i had a 23-20 game from him
 5 years ago '05        #1174
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
avatar space
space
$9,711 | Props total: 7021 7021
I used to jam intense D and now that i've stopped that my D has improved. Also slowing the tempo of the game really works for me allows me to see the floor better.
 5 years ago '12        #1175
AJtheGreat 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$20,836 | Props total: 1749 1749
 Left Hook said:
Tip for those not winning as much as they want to against cheesers
  • Use the 1-3-1;
  • Double team, double team, double team
  • Play off-ball D when you're double teaming to roam around the paint for pick and roll plays, turbo cheesers and inside passes.

The key to winning is applying crazy amounts of pressure on the other team that they'd have to resort to either:
(a) Driving into the paint
(b) Chucking up wild shots from the 3 point line, or
(c) Passing around until their passes get picked off.

I know y'all look down on off-ball D, but when you're double teaming, it's pretty much semi on-ball D

EDIT: Oh yeah, and like J-R said above, SUB people in and out. Seriously. I've seen so many people die out in the fourth quarter because everyone on their team gets tired af. Your bench isn't completely useless - they can make those mid range jumpers and are there to be utilised for calling plays as well. When I use the Bulls, Hinrich, Butler, Gibson and Robinson are pretty useful.
I run 1-3-1 atleast 90% of the time now because i have no faith anymore in playing real sim players. n*ggas want to try and just drive into the paint the whole game, or try and cross me and run the same picks, okay

Coincidence I started beating n*ggas by 20 pts or more on a reg basis since?
 5 years ago '08        #1176
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
avatar space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
wish they still had the Box & 1 defense (I think 2K10 was the last that had it). 1-3-1 is cool for stopping paint abusers, but it leaves the corners and backdoor open. i like 3-2. hard to drive into, plus defends threes the best

half court trap is cool too, if u wanna force the other team to slow down. i only run it when i'm tryna blow a game open. let my guards trap their pg near the sideline, then stalk the passing lanes. run this for about 2 minutes with a team like miami, denver or indiana, and u probably get a quick 8 pts
 5 years ago '12        #1177
AJtheGreat 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$20,836 | Props total: 1749 1749
 Dee Grande said:
wish they still had the Box & 1 defense (I think 2K10 was the last that had it). 1-3-1 is cool for stopping paint abusers, but it leaves the corners and backdoor open. i like 3-2. hard to drive into, plus defends threes the best

half court trap is cool too, if u wanna force the other team to slow down. i only run it when i'm tryna blow a game open. let my guards trap their pg near the sideline, then stalk the passing lanes. run this for about 2 minutes with a team like miami, denver or indiana, and u probably get a quick 8 pts
Thats exactly why i use to hate running it all those other years. This year for some reason it seems way more effective if you have your settings right. And once you figure your opponent's patterns, steals come like clockwork. But like i said, thats mostly to stop the cheesers, who usually play the same way. I use to use 3-2 alot last year. Only thing i hate about it is once they get around you with somebody like KD or Bron, its over.
 5 years ago '05        #1178
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
 AJtheGreat said:
Thats exactly why i use to hate running it all those other years. This year for some reason it seems way more effective if you have your settings right. And once you figure your opponent's patterns, steals come like clockwork. But like i said, thats mostly to stop the cheesers, who usually play the same way. I use to use 3-2 alot last year. Only thing i hate about it is once they get around you with somebody like KD or Bron, its over.
No one plays fair online; I've learned to just use the double teaming 1-3-1 combo to shut down bum a.ss cheesers through that.
 5 years ago '06        #1179
trey2cool 
space
avatar space
space
$1,349 | Props total: 47 47
OMG!!! da hell is wrong with the clippers..

blake griffin standing at the 3pt line every possession irks me so bad
 5 years ago '05        #1180
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
 trey2cool said:
OMG!!! da hell is wrong with the clippers..

blake griffin standing at the 3pt line every possession irks me so bad
Call a play for him maybe, see if he cuts to the rim then
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 19
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 12
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 5
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 4
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy