Official NBA 2k13 Disscussion Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
92 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
282 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-14-2012, 06:25 PM         #1061
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Funeral James said:
If you can't score 80 points in 5 minute quarters then you're not fu*kin with me I'm on fire
u on ps3?
 10-14-2012, 07:14 PM         #1062
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sooooo, you can't get VC points when someone quits huh?
 5 years ago '07        #1063
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,476 | Props total: 409 409
 DrX said:
u on ps3?
360 my guy
 5 years ago '07        #1064
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,476 | Props total: 409 409
 Kastanova said:
I scored 89pts....and there was still 50secs to go in the 4th...

he quit when the score was 89 (me aka Nuggets) to 58 (knicks)
I need practice against the nuggets, ill be on around 10pm est
 10-14-2012, 07:35 PM         #1065
The Dark Knight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I will say this. If you are complaining that this game sucks, it's probably because you suck at the game, period. Instead of thinking you can pickup the sticks and go, how about trying the tutorials, reading the manual, and practicing offline first instead of bi*ching how everyone is slow and how Blake Griffin doesn't automatically cut to the basket(you can actually make him cut for you and in whichever direction you want if you actually did what I mentioned prior).

The problem is not the game, it's the player. And don't give me bullsh*t about how people are cheesing and sh*t. That's been the worst excuse for sh*tty users I've ever heard. I understand if you're pissed about glitches, but if someone is moving around the rock, swinging to the open guy and draining open threes all over you everytime, then that's on you and no one else.

This game requires you to not only know the controls, but understand how the game is played. From there, come up with a strategy based off of how you like to play. You'll find success. If you watch maybe one quarter of your NBA team, then pick them and expect to whoop a.ss online, then you got the wrong game. Regardless of patch.
 10-14-2012, 07:53 PM         #1066
The Dark Knight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ghost Writer said:
This...the game is great. If it wasn't I wouldn't have played about 80 online games already.

Yeah it has issues but its a very dope game and 2k will patch them soon enough. I actually think the rebounding is the best its ever been so I hope all these complaints don't cause them to completely nerf offensive rebounding.

I play sim ball and I have a 65 win and 19 loss record online.
Agreed on rebounding. Just like in the real NBA, you have to get positioning for it and box out. Every once in awhile, you'll get a tipped ball and grab the board if you didn't box out, but for the most part, you better get position.

If I lose, I lose, if I win, I win, but I'm not going to complain about someone schooling me with LeBron or dropping threes with a wide open Kyle Korver when I know damn well, I didn't get my defensive a.ssignment on time.
 5 years ago '12        #1067
Kastanova 91 heat pts91
space
space
$16,234 | Props total: 1391 1391
 Funeral James said:
I need practice against the nuggets, ill be on around 10pm est
Watching Walking Dead right now but might have to pick up my sis a lil after 10 so def 10:30 if anything
 5 years ago '10        #1068
eightytyson06 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,755 | Props total: 8684 8684
The homie funeral think he sweet, we need to break this tie
 5 years ago '08        #1069
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
 The Dark Knight said:
I will say this. If you are complaining that this game sucks, it's probably because you suck at the game, period. Instead of thinking you can pickup the sticks and go, how about trying the tutorials, reading the manual, and practicing offline first instead of bi*ching how everyone is slow and how Blake Griffin doesn't automatically cut to the basket(you can actually make him cut for you and in whichever direction you want if you actually did what I mentioned prior).

The problem is not the game, it's the player. And don't give me bullsh*t about how people are cheesing and sh*t. That's been the worst excuse for sh*tty users I've ever heard. I understand if you're pissed about glitches, but if someone is moving around the rock, swinging to the open guy and draining open threes all over you everytime, then that's on you and no one else.

This game requires you to not only know the controls, but understand how the game is played. From there, come up with a strategy based off of how you like to play. You'll find success. If you watch maybe one quarter of your NBA team, then pick them and expect to whoop a.ss online, then you got the wrong game. Regardless of patch.
i was waiting on the typical "omgz you're just mad cuz yer not awesome at the game like me" post. good job

not everyone can be as cool as you
 5 years ago '12        #1070
Kastanova 91 heat pts91
space
space
^
Yes.
 5 years ago '09        #1071
WezLFaCe_KiD 57 heat pts57
space
space
$14,832 | Props total: 1045 1045
I'm sorry but this game is trash rite now . And I already know I'm good at it . It's too easy . I can k!ll n*ggas with Jamal Crawford like crazy . If u can't play with Blake them ur trash he yams like crazy . Right arrow then press b for him to go slash easy . Even Hollins can play pretty solid
 5 years ago '12        #1072
Kastanova 91 heat pts91
space
space
There is wayy to much of a delay online when it comes to switching positions and IK its not just me...

You can't properly play defense online with the delay
 5 years ago '05        #1073
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1688 1688
 Ghost Writer said:
Is he wrong though?
To an extent, I think he is. To win, you need to exploit the game as well somewhat. Don't tell me you haven't been surprised by a few 3s you've made? I swear I've made some crazy 3s because I trusted the game to do the job for me. I've walked up to the 3pt line so many times thinking "let's see if I can make this one". I'll walk up, no turbo, just casually walk, be greeted by 1 or 2 defenders, and attempt the shot. More often than not, I make it.

The offensive rebounding is also ridiculous. I'll not make a shot, press and hold L2/LT and I'll get the rebound. Last night, I took about 5 offensive rebounds in ONE play. It was a joke. I missed a 3, rebounded, passed it to another shooter, missed, rebounded, passed it to another shooter, rebounded. Rinse and repeat until I actually made the shot.

This is just stupid - not just for me, but for everyone playing the game. You can't just boil down not liking the game for "sucking" at it. In any event, I played you and I didn't totally suck at the game, yeah? I complain a lot because the game's not balanced, not because I utterly suck at it.

Yeah I do suck, but that's not why I'm complaining. When I win, and I do win, I still think to myself "lol damn, can't believe I made some of those unrealistic shots and rebounds".
 10-14-2012, 09:26 PM         #1074
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Dark Knight said:

exactly, this is the best 2k game play wise .....2k12 was a piece of sh*t and this is coming from somebody with 800 in that game

this game is anti cheese, defense actually mean something this year.....i will make a thread on it soon
 5 years ago '05        #1075
thaghost36 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,256 | Props total: 341 341
 DrX said:
exactly, this is the best 2k as far as game play is concerned .....2k12 was a piece of sh*t and this is coming from somebody with 800 in that game

this game is anti cheese, defense actually mean something this year.....i will make a thread on it soon
 5 years ago '05        #1076
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
 2ChainzChain said:
Chris Smoove playin blacktop games on stream rigt now
That was entertaining
 5 years ago '05        #1077
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
I didn't think you suck. I thought you were really good actually.

Yeah the 3s are stupid. But if you look at the percentages they aren't THAT bad. The best 2k players are still shooting under 400....there's only a few guys shooting above 400. I shoot.388 I think but I only shoot open 3s usually.

I do agree though that contested 3s are stupid and need to be tweaked slightly though. Also 3s off the dribble. Its way too easy to dribble up, like you said, with almost any player who can shoot a 3 and just drain it.

I'm just saying that as a sim player myself that's still able to adjust and win games 8 times out of 10, no matter who I play, I find it hard to complain too much.
Dat Internet approval from Ghost

On the whole, though, I do think this game is better than 2K12. Not the online experience, but the gameplay mechanics. I find myself having to think more about my plays, both offense and defense, rather than just turbo-ing in and out of lanes to score. Last year, the game was reliant on who could miss a layup first. If you were plain better at cheesing, you'd win. I played 2K12 a few days ago and the game was super fast. I thought 2K13 was slow, but it's just 2K12 was so fast. Unrealistically fast.

If they can fix the online to make it fairer for everyone (i.e. nerf the exploited areas now), I think it'll be even better. As it is, though, it's still a fun game, regardless of winning or losing.
 5 years ago '12        #1078
Kastanova 91 heat pts91
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
Who's Chris smoove?

Also let me know when you ready to get embarrassed my man...we can let all this animosity ride on the court if you know what I mean...

Inb4youhavexbox
As Chainz said

the GOAT Youtube NBA2k commentator.

Dude is funny and hilarious with his commentary.
 5 years ago '08        #1079
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
yall know they got a spanish announce team for this game?
 10-14-2012, 11:26 PM         #1080
The Dark Knight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dee Grande said:
i was waiting on the typical "omgz you're just mad cuz yer not awesome at the game like me" post. good job

not everyone can be as cool as you
I'm not saying I'm cool or anything. I'm saying, read the instructions, watch an NBA game so you understand how it works, and take a tutorial or two so you can see things work at game speed. From there you won't suck so much.

I've posted actual tips to this game in here which is all some people look for. Example, if I tell you and others to do the tutorials, you'll brush it off. If I say, Press Circle, Circle, Square to do a spinning drive to the layup with a hopstep to avoid the defender, ya'll would listen and perform the move over and over again. If I told you the button code to separate yourself from the defender for a pull-up or step back jumper, you would listen. If I tell you to read the manual, you probably won't do it.

I'm not saying I'm awesome at this game. I'm probably not, but that has more to do with me than it does of the game "cheating" as well as others.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy