Official NBA 2k13 Disscussion Thread

most viewed right now
 115
audio inside Meek Previews New Song "What Beef".. Mentions Drake
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 79
Article inside New photo of Jet Li's physical deterioration is astonishing
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 62
NBA Lebron James just PUBLICLY ETHERED Stephen Curry CAREER and TOOK HIS SOUL ..
64 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 54
2008-2018: The New Wave Where are they Now?
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #721
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,238 | Props total: 756 756
 Southwick said:
Tip for you. As soon as you see someone about to take a shot. Press and hold the boxout button (L2/LT) Your men will boxout as well or get the rebound more often. Also noticed this makes the CPU miss contested shots more as well.
Ive been doing that, the offensive player gets the ball most of the time without even jumping, the defensive player just looks at the ball
 6 years ago '05        #722
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$13,395 | Props total: 1875 1875
Fu*k this game. I'm 16-16, can't believe I lost like 6 in a row, smh. I feel like 2K12 is a much more balanced game, not just because I was (way) better at it, but because people online can get ridiculous steals and boards and sh*t without doing much. How are they stealing all these possessions? I'm not even holding turbo! I'll just be standing there looking for someone to pass and they ALWAYS steal. Even when I collect an offensive rebound, they'll steal the ball again. wtf man!

If it's not them spamming Ray Allen at the 3, it's them doing crazy fastbreaks and cherry picks with LeBron and Wade. If it's not the Heat, it's the Thunder, Lakers or Knicks. SMH! I know it's dumb to get mad at a video game, but I'd like to be competitive and not continually lose. Sh*t sucks.
 6 years ago '09        #723
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,506 | Props total: 288 288
we should have a boxden online tourney for ps3
 6 years ago '11        #724
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2618 2618
 DaKingIsBack said:
I just can't play this game anymore until they fix this rebounding...good god I've never seen so many offensive rebounds in my life
 Left Hook said:
Fu*k this game. I'm 16-16, can't believe I lost like 6 in a row, smh. I feel like 2K12 is a much more balanced game, not just because I was (way) better at it, but because people online can get ridiculous steals and boards and sh*t without doing much. How are they stealing all these possessions? I'm not even holding turbo! I'll just be standing there looking for someone to pass and they ALWAYS steal. Even when I collect an offensive rebound, they'll steal the ball again. wtf man!

If it's not them spamming Ray Allen at the 3, it's them doing crazy fastbreaks and cherry picks with LeBron and Wade. If it's not the Heat, it's the Thunder, Lakers or Knicks. SMH! I know it's dumb to get mad at a video game, but I'd like to be competitive and not continually lose. Sh*t sucks.
Welcome to my world I can't play this game until they fix the rebounding and shot clock disappearing
 6 years ago '12        #725
SwizZy 76 heat pts76
space
avatar space
space
$3,821 | Props total: 2909 2909
Sounds like some are feelin the same way about this game as I am. Ima just mess wit MyPlayer for the time being, they said an update is coming this week so hopefully it'll address the gameplay issues as well as the rosters
 6 years ago '12        #726
Kastanova 91 heat pts91
space
avatar space
space
$16,395 | Props total: 1695 1695
^
How about they also fix the MyPlayer cam.

There should be no reason why I have to change the camera angle every single game I play to accustom to my playing style.

It's just annoying.

I liked it in 2k11 and 2k12 when I could play regular games in 2k Cam and My Player games on Turbo Cam.
 6 years ago '05        #727
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$13,395 | Props total: 1875 1875
Long rant - sorry. You've been warned.

I just lost another game to some scrub I would've wiped out in 2K12. Fu*k! I hate losing to these people I know I'll k!ll on the game before it. How can they nerf the goddamn layups like this, man? Why do you need a clear (and by clear I mean spotless shiny floor with no bodies around) lane to make a layup? And why is it that when I collect an offensive rebound, I gotta wait like 2-3 seconds and pump fake so many times before a professional athlete like Noah or Boozer will make an easy a.ss put in? Surely it can't be that hard for a 7 footer to toss the ball in while you're under the bucket going against the likes of shorter players like D. Wade? Why should he miss?

Also, where the fu*k is the Highlight Reel? Sh*t's no fun when you can't see what sort of dunks or plays you did even if you lost. Cluttered as fu*k design, "Hip-Hopified" everything from scoreboards to music to the sh*tty new Home design. Why would you have myCareer and myPlayer BOTH at the Home screen when you could've easily replaced it for a.ssociation or Online? The hell? They serve very similar purposes. The Quick Match game in the middle is also cramped as hell - as a designer, I can see that it has WAY too many negative spaces. Sh*t looks like a backwards a.ss NBA 2K. 2K12's overall look and feel was way more ESPN-like.

But whatever, those faults don't impinge on the gameplay. What does impinge on gameplay is the fu*king offensive rebounds and crazy stealing. What happened to being called for a foul if you spam the steal too much? Now you can literally just mash that sh*t until you get the ball. The fu*k?

Yes, I'm mad. I'm mad that I "suck" at the game, because "sucking" at it means that I lose a lot. Losing a lot makes it not enjoyable. At this point, I don't care if I have a 3-1 ratio like I did in 2K12, but damn, give me SOME wins. Even fu*king scrubs are k!lling me left and right. I must be doing something wrong, but I already know it's because they nerfed layups and dunks in favour of rebounds and 3s. 3 point shooting was never my forte in 2K12, so I always avoided it if I could. This game thrives off people doing 3s and sh*t, smh.

EDIT: And if some of you are getting a mental image of me rage quitting and screaming, well, that's not the case. I just shake my head in disbelief when these types of plays happen and press on. I take the L and just feel disheartened afterwards like, man, that wasn't fun.


Last edited by Left Hook; 10-07-2012 at 09:51 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #728
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,238 | Props total: 756 756
 Ghost Writer said:
Never. sh*ts no fun for me.

I've been running with the nets for now....

I love smashing people who play with my team with the nets.
Just had a double OT game with Ghost Writer, beat him by 3, he had the Nets, I had the Clippers. Thought you had me for second cause you was hitting everything
 6 years ago '04        #729
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,238 | Props total: 756 756
 Ghost Writer said:
:jayhah2:

Yo that game was nuts....good sh*t. Clippers fu*k my day up....I swear.

Even though you refused to play on ball d :nasmad: and I did the whole game

We need a rematch after I blaze some chronic...
gg
my hands hurt now trying to keep up with DWill in that game lol, you hit like 11 3 pointers, had to foul you in the end so you couldnt tie
 10-08-2012, 12:14 AM         #730
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im figuring the game out ... i beat the heat in a.ssociation mode
 6 years ago '11        #731
Chad09 160 heat pts160
space
avatar space
space
$11,000 | Props total: 667 667

[video - click to view]

This song should have been in NBA2K13.


This years soundtrack ain't as good as before, I like hearing new stuff.
 6 years ago '11        #732
I KILL TREES 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$8,952 | Props total: 1116 1116
Im getting alot of invites from people idk


send me a message saying your from bx and we can get it popping
 6 years ago '08        #733
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$13,416 | Props total: 394 394
i play on broadcast, changing the controls to "absolute" instead of "camera relative" has done wonders for my handles
 10-08-2012, 01:58 AM         #734
JackMeHoff 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea im getting tired of hearing jay z
 6 years ago '10        #735
TSweeze 
space
avatar space
space
$568 | Props total: 21 21
psn TSweeze
 10-08-2012, 03:47 AM         #736
J-R 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Left Hook said:
Long rant - sorry. You've been warned.

I just lost another game to some scrub I would've wiped out in 2K12. Fu*k! I hate losing to these people I know I'll k!ll on the game before it. How can they nerf the goddamn layups like this, man? Why do you need a clear (and by clear I mean spotless shiny floor with no bodies around) lane to make a layup? And why is it that when I collect an offensive rebound, I gotta wait like 2-3 seconds and pump fake so many times before a professional athlete like Noah or Boozer will make an easy a.ss put in? Surely it can't be that hard for a 7 footer to toss the ball in while you're under the bucket going against the likes of shorter players like D. Wade? Why should he miss?

Also, where the fu*k is the Highlight Reel? Sh*t's no fun when you can't see what sort of dunks or plays you did even if you lost. Cluttered as fu*k design, "Hip-Hopified" everything from scoreboards to music to the sh*tty new Home design. Why would you have myCareer and myPlayer BOTH at the Home screen when you could've easily replaced it for a.ssociation or Online? The hell? They serve very similar purposes. The Quick Match game in the middle is also cramped as hell - as a designer, I can see that it has WAY too many negative spaces. Sh*t looks like a backwards a.ss NBA 2K. 2K12's overall look and feel was way more ESPN-like.

But whatever, those faults don't impinge on the gameplay. What does impinge on gameplay is the fu*king offensive rebounds and crazy stealing. What happened to being called for a foul if you spam the steal too much? Now you can literally just mash that sh*t until you get the ball. The fu*k?

Yes, I'm mad. I'm mad that I "suck" at the game, because "sucking" at it means that I lose a lot. Losing a lot makes it not enjoyable. At this point, I don't care if I have a 3-1 ratio like I did in 2K12, but damn, give me SOME wins. Even fu*king scrubs are k!lling me left and right. I must be doing something wrong, but I already know it's because they nerfed layups and dunks in favour of rebounds and 3s. 3 point shooting was never my forte in 2K12, so I always avoided it if I could. This game thrives off people doing 3s and sh*t, smh.

EDIT: And if some of you are getting a mental image of me rage quitting and screaming, well, that's not the case. I just shake my head in disbelief when these types of plays happen and press on. I take the L and just feel disheartened afterwards like, man, that wasn't fun.


same wayyyy.....i run with the bulls and some games im just like wtf....why cant boozer or him make a damn inside layup even if they get bumped sh*t will bounce right out knoah almost 7f and if kobe bump him miss..but if i jumped on kobe back he would still make it
 6 years ago '12        #737
Southwick 
space
avatar space
space
$2,653 | Props total: 430 430
 Hood_Rich said:
Ive been doing that, the offensive player gets the ball most of the time without even jumping, the defensive player just looks at the ball
Damn that's weird. It works for me.
 6 years ago '12        #738
Southwick 
space
avatar space
space
$2,653 | Props total: 430 430
Am I the only one who isn't missing a lot of easy layups? To the dudes missing. Do yall use the button ir the shot stick? Are yall playing on HOF?
 10-08-2012, 05:29 AM         #739
J-R 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I use the button I can't fu*k with holding the trigger while thr stick...and this is on online and they put it on superstar
 6 years ago '05        #740
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$13,395 | Props total: 1875 1875
Yeah, I use the button as well. I fear going into the paint in 2K13, it's like the ball's either gonna get snatched - REGARDLESS of whether I'm pressing the turbo button or not - or I'm going to miss the easy layup. I'm glad people are finding this game to be better than last year's, and I can see why they think that way, but goddamn it's not fun anymore. If I'm continually being pushed to resort to mid range jumpers and 3s every time I'm on the offense then it just gets tedious. Sure I get the occasional dunks, but that's not the point.

I'm 17-18 now, which is ridiculous, considering my 2K12 track record was so much better. Yes, it's just a game. Yes, it's just some online record no one cares about, but that's not the point either. The point is, the game doesn't feel as balanced as it did last year, thus, making it less fun to play. At times, I'll literally be too scared to go for a euro or hopstep layup on a 1-on-1 situation so I'll shoot in transition, smh.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 29
Video inside Russians catching up on the the Culture too now, Jheeeeeeeze!!
66 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
Ms Vicky gives my blicky a stiffy with them titties
60 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
Video inside I’ll take “things a brotha wouldn’t do” for $200 Alex
154 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 17
Video inside Slut Amber Rose meets the Slut Maker
61 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Video inside This was by far the best catfish
120 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside Name a movie engraved in popular culture that you never seen
161 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 8
May 20 - Europeans Clown US Gun Violence & The NRA - #MAGA
134 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 8
Call Of Duty Black Ops IIII Gameplay
99 comments
2 days ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy