Wirelessly display to your TV using Miracast

most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
67 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
28 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1
8102 pageviews
18 comments

fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,570 | Props total: 2715 2715
Wirelessly display to your TV using Miracast

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Full list of compatible smartphones

[pic - click to view]

full list of compatible tvs

[pic - click to view]

full list of compatible devices

Last edited by fat_boyy21; 06-30-2013 at 09:51 AM..

18 comments for "Wirelessly display to your TV using Miracast"

5 years ago '04        #2
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
space
Windows 8.1 to include native Miracast wireless display support and internet sharing

[pic - click to view]

Microsoft revealed a number of new features for its upcoming Windows 8.1 update last week, but at Tech-Ed today the company is focusing on business-related changes. Windows 8.1 will include native support for the wireless Miracast format, allowing users to mirror their screens to compatible devices. Miracast is designed as an open alternative to Apple's own AirPlay mirroring, and makes use of Wi-Fi direct connections to stream content from a PC, smartphone, or other source to TVs.

What Is Miracast?

Everyone really likes AirPlay, Apple's Wi-Fi streaming standard that lets you send movies and music from, say, your iPhone to your speakers or Apple TV. Now there's a new standard out to do pretty much the same thing for everyone else. But how is it different from previous attempts?

Miracast is a lot like AirPlay...

AirPlay is a wireless standard that allows two devices to connect to each other to share movies, music, or other media. Miracast is the same thing, just not owned by Apple. Miracast is built on Wi-Fi Direct, which is basically just an ad hoc Wi-Fi standard. It lets two devices that have Wi-Fi in them talk to each other without having to go through your internet network. And unlike AirPlay, it will work with disparate brands and platforms. So ideally, your Samsung phone would be able to talk to your LG TV. Pretty great.

...but technologically better than previous attempts...

Unlike some of the older implementations of Wi-Fi streaming, like Intel's first stab at WiDi, Miracast will allow you to stream in full 1080p. You'll also be able to use media like DVDs and other stuff that has DRM on it, which had been a non-starter in the past. Miracast also does a bunch of nerdy grunt work behind the scenes; you should never have to worry about format or codec or anything else when streaming something—just click a button and play.

...that's got support from major chipmakers...

Qualcomm, Nvidia, and TI are all planning to support the standard, which is being pushed hard by Intel, meaning your Tegra 3 phone will actually work with it. Hopefully, that means you won't have to pick and choose which phone or tablet to upgrade to if you want to keep using your Miracast stuff.

...and will be (or is) in a bunch of popular gadgets...

Samsung has been using a form of Miracast called AllShare Cast for a while now. It's built on Miracast, but it being on board with the certification means that stuff like the Galaxy S III or Samsung's beautiful Echo P TVs will fold into the rest of the tech world, instead of being sequestered in a sad little Samsung corner.

hopefully pretty soon.

The Wi-Fi Alliance announced the certification process for Miracast today, and announced that the Galaxy S III, the new LG Optimus G, and Samsung's Echo P TVs are all already certified. Others are being tested to ensure certification as soon as the holidays, and by early next year, hopefully we'll have a real AirPlay alternative for everyone not wrapped up in Apple's ecosystem.

Last edited by fat_boyy21; 06-30-2013 at 09:50 AM..
 10-15-2012, 05:07 PM         #3
Alldn666 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how much and where can i get one!
 5 years ago '04        #4
space
space
 Alldn666 said:
how much and where can i get one!

[pic - click to view]

$32 iPush Wi-Fi DLNA / Miracast Adapter for Android

Read more:

Last edited by fat_boyy21; 06-30-2013 at 09:52 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #5
RaulG 
space
space
space
$1,320 | Props total: 311 311
My tv doesnt have wifi... Would i just plug this into the usb port of my tv and it would give it wifi? and then i can just mirror stuff from my laptop and smartphone into the tv?
 5 years ago '04        #6
space
space
 RaulG said:
My tv doesnt have wifi... Would i just plug this into the usb port of my tv and it would give it wifi? and then i can just mirror stuff from my laptop and smartphone into the tv?
yeah, you wire it to your tv through usb, then connect through wifi to the miricast unit
 5 years ago '05        #7
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,435 | Props total: 591 591
mmmm I've been thinking about getting a media player for a entertaining setup... now I gotta make sure its WiDi capable
 5 years ago '04        #8
Scoop24 15 heat pts15
space
space
$6,795 | Props total: 1379 1379
Airplay wanna be??
 5 years ago '04        #9
space
space
 Firestarr said:
Airplay wanna be??
Kind of ... airplay only works for apple products, this is compatible with a lot brands and chipsets
 5 years ago '05        #10
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,435 | Props total: 591 591
 Firestarr said:
Airplay wanna be??
Airplay only works on ish*t
 5 years ago '05        #11
white-chocolate 124 heat pts124
space
space
$15,500 | Props total: 1358 1358
well hell yeah... my LG uses PlexMedia server right now and that sh*t is a$$
was really hoping LG would have had airplay option, this will make up for that, can't wait
 5 years ago '04        #12
space
space
thought I'd bump this since more compatable devices and software have been announced.. I'll periodically update this thread with new devices

Brands that support Miracast:

Intel
AMD
Nvidia
android
samsung
LG
Texas Instruments
Sony
Qualcomm

Supported smartphones and tablets

Galaxy SIII, Galaxy Note 2, galaxy tab 10.1, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, LG Optimus G

Supported TV's

Samsung’s Echo-P Series televisions (which will release soon)

Current HDTVs and other displays will be able to directly connect to Miracast devices with the addition of small dongle that plugs into a HDMI port. We expect most of these dongles will retail for $80-100, but prices should dip to as low as $50 once the Miracast standard gains popularity. Hopefully, Google will offer some kind of Miracast dongle in the Play Store.

Supported wireless cards and adapters

Netgear Push2TV PTV3000

5 years ago '04        #13
space
space
Netgear PTV3000 gets a firmware update, now officially supports host of Android devices

[pic - click to view]

NetGear's PTV300 Miracast adapter has been available for some time now, but it just recently received a firmware update that made it compatible with a number of Android devices. Now at v2.2.9, which is the third official firmware update (Android functionality was added in 2.2.7), supported devices now include:
• Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 4.1.1 or above)
• Samsung Galaxy Note II
• Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
• LG Optimus G (Android 4.0.4 or above)
• Google Nexus 4 (Android 4.2.1)
• Sony Xperia (various models with Android 4.0.4 or above)

Miracast remains a fairly new standard, so some hiccups may still arise. Lakeeast in our Nexus 4 forums says the recent Android 4.2.2 update might have affected things, but we've yet to confirm this. (Still trying to our PTV3000 updated from a the last firmware update.) If you've got one, give it a shot. And if you're still on the fence, keep an eye out to see what's what.

We've got the full v2.2.9 changelog after the break.

Download: PTV3000 v.2.2.9

NetGear PTV3000 Version 2.2.9 firmware update changelog
• Miracast support for compatible mobile phones and tablets.
• Combined Intel wireless display (Widi) and Miracast a single user interface. There is no need to use the push button on the side of the PTV3000 unit to switch between Widi and Miracast modes. The side push-button is strictly used to go into FW update mode.
• (Miracast) Both PIN and PBC methods for WPS are supported. The device automatically communicates with the source device (mobile phone, tablet or laptop) to determine which WPS method to use.
• (Miracast) The device is already PBC ready waiting for source to initiate connection.
• Fixed HDCP connection error issue with some Sony mobile phones.
• Fixed issue that screen projection does not take place until swiping action takes place on mobile phone.
• Fixed some disconnection with mobile phone.
• Device does not allow second Widi or Miracast souce device to interrupt existing Widi or Miracast session.
• Enable 5Ghz Miracast operation with preferred operating channel as channel 40.
• Reduced image size and faster boot time.
• Fixed system lockup issue after wrong PIN entry.
• Improved connectivity with Intel Widi running under Win8. Repaired issue in win8 that device connection has issue after removal of device under Devices and Printers interface in Win8.
• Fixed issue of connecting screen appearing after a session teardown on Win7 laptop.
• Fixed issue of one Widi session affecting screen projection of subsequent Widi or Miracast session.
• (Widi) Fixed issue of cursor position not updated until "resize TV picture" takes place.
• Fixed kernel panic issue that system goes into a non-responsive state.
• Implement regional domain control allowing shipment to Europe, Australia, and Canada.
• Localization support for international languages.

5 years ago '04        #14
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,048 | Props total: 4840 4840
just got a nexus 7 so this has got my attention..
 4 years ago '04        #15
space
space
Bump... I just updated the first few posts with links to all compatible devices
 4 years ago '12        #16
AbbyZ512 20 heat pts20
space
space
space
$258 | Props total: 0 0
Yawwn. Most tablets and smartphones can do this feature with most tvs nowdays.
 4 years ago '04        #17
space
space
 AbbyZ512 said:
Yawwn. Most tablets and smartphones can do this feature with most tvs nowdays.
maybe you missed the part about how this IS the new standard way to do it, which means the most supported and compatible way.
 4 years ago '04        #18
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,974 | Props total: 121 121
does this work from pc to tv? cuz that would be greeat lol.
 4 years ago '04        #19
space
space
 SokeSleezy said:
does this work from pc to tv? cuz that would be greeat lol.
Yes it will with the new windows 8.1 update

Microsoft revealed a number of new features for its upcoming Windows 8.1 update last week, but at Tech-Ed today the company is focusing on business-related changes. Windows 8.1 will include native support for the wireless Miracast format, allowing users to mirror their screens to compatible devices. Miracast is designed as an open alternative to Apple's own AirPlay mirroring, and makes use of Wi-Fi direct connections to stream content from a PC, smartphone, or other source to TVs.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy